Apple Help Desk Specialist | Lead Service Technician
Confidential: Lead Mac Genius (Supervisor) Apple Soho April 2006 to Current
- Trained and certified at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- End User Support: Identify and resolve software problems, network issues, printer problems, email problems, and backup solutions.
- iPhone support: Identify and resolve any hardware or software (iOS) problems on iPhone 4/3Gs and iPad 2
- Setup and configure iOS devices (iPhone/iPad), configure “Apple Mail” with Microsoft Exchange server, Gmail, MobileMe and a multitude of others.
- Setup and support email client applications: Outlook, Microsoft Exchange server, Entourage, Thunderbird, Eudora and Apple Mail client.
- Workstation support: Setup, install and support desktop computers, laptop computers and portable devices.
- Setup and support (Mac OS X) Server Environments, Net-boot images, Home Directory accounts/ network account configuration and local user accounts.
- Supervisor: Train and manage a staff of 70 Technicians and Software Specialists. Responsible for addressing all customer service escalations, manage workflow for service department at Apple Soho; assess and prioritize a volume of often over 100 service tickets a daily.
- Apple Certified Hardware Repair Technician: identify and replace malfunctioning Logic Boards, LCD’s, Airport Cards, SuperDrives, Hard Drives, Graphics Cards.
- Customer Service Representative at Apple’s flagship store- provided creative solutions on a daily basis for an average of 50 customers a day.
- Support and train End Users on Apple’s complete range of products and services.
Confidential: Capture, Network & Backup Solutions Manager (system admin) July 2007 to Current
- Engineered workflow for product capture to studio server to workstations for edit and final image.
- Installed gigabit Ethernet Network utilizing link aggregation (dual Ethernet) to maximize throughput (data i/o) between workstations and server.
- Configured the LAN/WAN network share points for local and remote access to all digital asset’s, configured VPN and VNC setups.
- Designed and implemented an automated 3 tier backup solution with redundant hardware (RAID 5), local and remote storage.
Confidential: Help Desk & Color Management Specialist 2003 -2005
- Provided full System and Network Administration for an OSX Server environment operating 35 Apple workstations.
- Identified and implemented front end solutions to maximize efficiency with respect to computer hardware and software.
- Printer Administration: maintenance of seven large format Epson printers and scanners, 44” x 108” wide prints.
- Implemented and maintained a color calibrated workflow utilizing Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator with ICC color profiles and Print Servers.
- Match print to product with use of Pantone Color swatch and/or client requested custom color swatch.
- Implemented studio color calibration with Color Burst RIP with 7 Epson large format printers (10,000 & 96,000 & 78,000)
Confidential: Travel, Lifestyle, Event and Product Photography
- Fashion clients (events photography): Glamour Magazine, Marie Claire, Kate Spade, Kensie, Marc Jacobs, Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom
- Captured travel and lifestyle images on location throughout India, South East Asia, The Middle East, Africa, South & Central America and Europe.
- In-depth knowledge of Canon digital SLR’s, lenses and Epson wide format printers and color calibrated workflow.
- Shot stock photography for Fox News Channel for use with web editorial and “on air” graphics.
Photo Retouching: High-end Editorial & E-Commerce
- Color match photo subject to original product utilizing Adobe Photoshop.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, ability to create and implement Photoshop action scripts for routine tasks (i.e. silhouette, curve adjustments).
- Maintained color consistency of a single model’s hair, skin tone and complexion throughout a series of photos from non-sequential shoots.
- Quality and Control: spot correction, tonal/ level/ white balance adjustments, loose hairs, blemishes, scars, freckles and tattoos.
- Silhouette subject of photo over solid backgrounds fast and effectively, while retaining clipping path for client adjustments.
- Process Raw Capture files from medium format cameras (Leaf, Mamiya, Hasselblad) using Adobe Camera Raw and Capture One Pro.
- Access and process projects in timely yet effective manner using Adobe Bridge workflow complete 40 retouched images a day on average for Macys.com.
- Ability to apply a series of color swatches to a single product shot resulting in multiple color stories from a single product shot.
- Knowledge of ICC color profiles, monitor and printer color calibration, use of customer color profiles and configuring Photoshop color workspace.
- Strong background in life drawing in conjunction with Wacom tablet contributing to advanced processing of assignments utilizing Photoshop quick masks.
Confidential: Graphic designer for fashion/textiles 2003 -2005
- Original design concepts for men’s and women’s T-shirts, house-wares and bed/bath.
- Service work: Production based assignments, graphic repeats, graphic alterations and color conversion.
- Tom Cody Design primary clients: GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and Donna Karan.
Confidential: Graphics Department “On Air” Graphics/Broadcast Design STAFF 1999 - 2003
- Graphic design assignments for breaking news, daily headlines, primetime show logos and graphic templates.
- Responsible for implementing “Story Headline” with exciting graphic content, typography, composition, headshots and photojournalism.
- Completed assignments under extreme deadlines, assignments often due “On Air” in less than 5 minutes.
- Concepts and corporate branding: Poster design, logo design, template design for printed advertisements and broadcast programs.
- Facilitate graphics/ photos for use on Foxnews.com: Re-size photo/graphics to web specs and convert image to jpeg/gif.
Education & Certification
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Communications and Design: Illustration Major - Photography Minor
Apple Certifications: Apple Certified Help Desk Technician, Apple Certified Hardware Technician, Apple Certified Trainer
The Ken Blanchard Companies: Situational Leadership® II Workshop - Industry Leadership Workshop - completed August 2011 in New York, NY.