- A highly motivated professional with an MBA (concentration in IT project management) as well as over 20 years of progressive IT experience in technical definition, design, and implementation of Oracle Applications as well as a successful track record of managing projects, architecting solutions, performing life cycle application development, providing operations support, and global project management as a Senior Application Programmer, Senior Systems Analyst, Application Programmer, and Systems Administrator which includes hands on experience in Big Data ecosystem related technologies which includes Hadoop ecosystem/HDFS/ Map - Reduce Framework, NoSql DB- Hbase and HIVE data warehousing tool.
- Experience in using Pig, Hive, Scoop, HBase and Cloudera Manager.
- Implement large-scale numerical models using Hadoop
- Install and configure Hadoop 2.x on VM on Development Box
- Good working knowledge in Data Transformations and Loading using Export, Import and SQL* Loader
- Outstanding leadership ability to motivate teams (domestic and international) and to manage customer relationships in complex IT environments.
- Proficient in critical analysis of business requirements to provide 'out-of-the-box' solutions that adds value to IT systems.
- Comprehensive experience in IT project management, including: planning, gap analysis, customization, implementation, and operational experience.
- Management, design, user requirement gathering, and development of using Oracle 8i, 9i and 10g databases and portal.
- Created separate databases for test and development environment. Design online and offline backup and strategy.
- Programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Expertise in Client-Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD, SQL Developer and SQL*LOADER . Experience in ETL Process.
- Worked with External tables and data migration. Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL. Administrate three-tier & client-server applications including web logic. Performed space management and application response. Complete set of document delivers and resolutions.
- Expert-level technical skills in addition to excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills—seeking a challenging project management position.
Application Tools: Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (9x, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7,8), UNIX, Linux, Mainframes
Oracle: Oracle Database 9.*, 10G, Oracle Web-Logic, Oracle Forms 6i, Forms Version 10.1.2.0.2, Oracle Reports 10.1.2.0.2, Oracle Forms 9i,Oracle Reports 9i, Oracle Forms 6i,Oracle Reports Oracle Applications (custom developed), Oracle J Developer (OAF), Oracle Application 10x,11x.
Tools: SQL Navigator, Oracle PLSQL Developer, Toad, ETL Tool - Expressor Studio HDFS, Mapreduce, HBase, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Spark, Scale
Confidential, Aurora, IL
Senior Application Programmer /Senior Systems Analyst
- Installed and configured Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS and developed multiple MapReduce jobs in Java for data cleansing and preprocessing.
- Importing and exporting data into HDFS and Hive using Sqoop.
- Involved in defining job flows, managing and reviewing log files.
- Extracted files from CouchDB through Sqoop and placed in HDFS and processed.
- Load and transform large sets of structured, semi structured and unstructured data.
- Responsible to manage data coming from different sources.
- Supported Map Reduce Programs those are running on the cluster.
- Involved in loading data from UNIX file system to HDFS.
- Installed and configured Hive and also written Hive UDFs.
- Involved in creating Hive tables, loading with data and writing hive queries which will run internally in map reduce way.
- Develop batch processes for accounting reporting applications and modules using Korn shell scripts on Oracle database, with partitions and sub-partitions.
- Prepare UNIX shell scripts for testing the application.
- Develop the Perl and Shell scripts to automate the accounting billing file
- Developed Perl scripts to automate reports for the users
- Provide project management and responsible to design, develop, and customize all major modules in Oracle Applications, including Forms 9i and Reports 9i and Oracle applications on 11G Oracle Database.
- Coordinate and liaise with different project teams, and take the lead on solving critical technical problems.
- Drive meetings with business functions and development teams to plan projects, resources, and dates.
- Work closely with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Hospital Services, Blood Banking System, Inventory Management, Manufacturing and Equipment, Processing etc.
- Set a precedent for the blood banking community by developing a database system to capture all quality control information that is used in each department for the lot release process. Used by quality assurance for review of all data to determine the disposition (release or discard) of blood products.
- Deep experience in providing users the ability to run reports in Excel format where the reports can be modified and sorted in the order required before printing as well as label printing with bar codes.
- Manage all database objects- Both creating new objects like oracle packages, procedures, triggers, scheduled jobs and customizing existing.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart..
Confidential, Glen Ellyn, IL
Application Programmer/Systems Analyst
- Prepared application enhancements that supported software/hardware upgrades. Provided outstanding assistance to end-users with specific business and system requirements during new project migrations.
- Was responsible for conversion of Forms and Reports from 6.0 to 9i. Maintained Application Launcher similar to Oracle Applications, and scheduled jobs like emails and scheduler jobs from the launcher.
- Wrote Perl and Shell scripts to automate the PL/SQL development
- Led project management oversight and resource management for projects (new application migrations).
- Helped in functional and technical documentation of the changes made.
- Migrated all mainframe users to the new custom Oracle applications on 10g Oracle database.
- Designed new software that provided solutions for domestic and export shipments by storing all information in the shipping database.
- Demonstrated leadership in directing the efforts of technical personnel via consistent energy and dedication.
Confidential, Astoria, New York
- As a Programmer/Systems Administrator, started design and development activities for inventory systems.
- Provided daily workload management for the design team; resolved technical issues within the group.
- Prepared UNIX shell scripts for testing the application and ensured design pattern and development are organized.
- Managed Change Management activities, ensuring change request procedures were followed for scheduling/implementing system changes. Maintained documentation and production control procedures.
- Prioritized customer expectations and project requirements during planning and rollout of new releases.
- Educated and articulate communicator adept at getting requirements from non-technical business users.
Confidential, Redwood Shores, CA
Senior Principal Consultant
- Served as Team Lead for the implementation of Oracle Distribution Applications (Oracle Order Entry, Oracle Inventory, Oracle Accounts Receivable, and Oracle Bills of Material) with extensive customizations.
- Led projects through design, build, testing, implementation, and post-production support. Provided extensive application insight to solve operational issues in materials management for 150 retail outlets.
- Led the Applications team in the implementation of Oracle Inventory, Purchasing, Projects, Fixed Assets and Network Logistics, including business process change, and materials management initiatives - driving the solution to provide the answers to such business questions as "margin by service by market".
- Determined project parameters, scheduling, and managing of resources to ensure timely completion.
- Mentored new developers. Created technical documents on implementation of components developed.
- Provided direction to the consulting team on-site in application setup restrictions and implementation issues. Actively participated in design meetings with staff and led in enhancement of system components.
Confidential, Boston MA
- Responsibilities included development of Oracle Applications. Developed more than 80 forms and 65 reports in modules like general ledger, and accounts payable/receivable. Documented system test scripts.
- Worked in a team of 5 developers. Interacted with users and documented requirements for system design.