- Around 8 years of total IT experience including MongoDB, Oracle and Cassandra. Experienced in NOSQL database design and principles (Mongo and Cassandra)
- Consult, make recommendations, and design and provide solutions related to the migration to MongoDB.
- Experience in Writing MongoDB Schema using Mongos. Good experience on MongoDB scaling across data centers and/or in - depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets.
- Experience in installing and maintaining MongoDB on cloud environments.
- Migrated Database from SQL Databases (Oracle and SQL Server) to NO SQL Databases (MONGODB)
- Experienced in database management, data modeling.
- Experience in installation, upgrading and migrating various versions of database (9i/10g) on different platforms
- Experience in installation and configuration of Oracle 9i/10g Data guard, switchover and failover
- Strong experience in installation and configuration of Oracle …
- Experience in implementation of backup and recovery strategies
- Experience in monitoring the performance of database using performance tools such as Statspack, AWR, ADDM and advisors
- Experienced in managing very large databases and large environments. Experienced in database high availability solutions RAC, ASM
- Experienced in database maximum availability Data Guard, Golden Gate. Experienced in multiple aspects of big data.
- Experience in preparing the Technical Documents on relevant topic.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong analytical, problem-solving skills with customer service oriented attitude. A very good team player, self-motivated, dedicated in any work environment.
- Managing projects ranging from simple implementation to heterogeneous setup for organizations of varying size and complexity in a 24/7 production environment. Experience in Encrypting Data at rest in MongoDB
RDBMS: Oracle 9i and 10g, 11g
Big Data: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Hbase, Cassandra, Mongo DB
Application Retail: Applications (RMS, SIM, ReSA, ReIM, Backoffice, Centraloffice, POS)
Tuning Tools: SQL Auto Tracing, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, Tuning advisors, ADDM, oradebug, OS Watcher and SQL Plan stability management etc.
Operating System: Solaris 8/9/10, HP-UX, SUSE Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advance/Enterprise Server 4/5, HP-UX, Windows IBM AIX
Languages: SQL, Perl, PL/SQL, Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting, Java, C & C++
Database Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control, Rman, Dbverify, Tkprof, Statspack, AWR, ADDM, SQL Loader, SQL Server MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Experience in Installing, Administering, and Optimizing MongoDB instances.Expertise in setting up MongoDB clusters in Azure and AWS cloud Environments.
- Set and tune System Parameters
- Automated routine tasks via scripts and tools. Operations of MongoDB on Microsoft Windows and Linux systems
- Secured MongoDB using MongoDB-CR and SCRAM-SHA authentication. Worked with Development, Storage and Network teams in installation and administration of MongoDB in the IT Enterprise
- Monitored transaction activity and utilization, with particular strengths in performance tuning highly transactional databases in both the development and production environments including remotely located servers
- Ensured data replication is scheduled and optimized. Enable sharding on databases and collection by choosing suitable shard key.
- Deep understanding of Disaster Recovery setup and scenarios in support of an installed and tested Disaster Recovery environment
- Encrypting data at rest on Wired Tiger storage Engine using certificates. Provided 24x7 on-call support for production and development systems
- Expertise in High Availability Setup, Scaling data using sharding. Managed and maintained layered development process environments
- Documented MongoDB installation, operations, security, and environments.
- Participate in the wider infrastructure DBA ecosystem of Microsoft SQL, Cloudera Hadoop, and associated tools.
- Experienced in monitoring, back up and scaling databases using OPS Manager. Deploying config servers as replicaset in version 3.2.
- Experience in Backup and Recovery with Avamar Tool.
Environment: MongoDB 2.6, 3.0, 3.2, 3.4 Linux/Unix, Ops Manager, LVM Snapshots, Backup scheduler, Avamar, PyMongo, Docker, Robo Mongo, AWS, AZURE, Encryption.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Created environment consists of Red Hat Linux servers with replica sets and shards in Dev, Test/Release, Stage, and Production.
- Familiar in installing and maintaining MongoDB in private Cloud Environments.
- Worked on multiple BSON type objects and used based on requirement.
- Implemented multiple CRUD operations and familiar with new enhancements in each and every release.
- Performance tuning and monitoring of Mongo databases with OPS manager/MMS.
- Familiar with all Mongo shell commands.
- Implemented point in time restores backups using OPS manager.
- Supported Bulk Write operation jobs and analyzing the queries and performed tuning based on environment.
- Understanding Aggregation pipeline operations have an optimization phase which attempts to reshape the pipeline for improved performance.
- Worked with Aggregation Pipeline Limits and memory restrictions.
- Tracing connections to the Mongo database and monitoring utilization of resources for each process.
- Enabling profiling level to debug issues and tuning long running queries.
- Understanding the differences between each version of MongoDB and enable the new features in each release.
- Built index on secondary's to minimize the impact of building an index on replica set.
- Potentially long running index building operations performed by creating Index in background.
- Extensive experience on Wired tiger storage engine document level concurrency, snapshots and Checkpoints.
- Configured Role-Based Access Control with custom roles and privileges. Running MongoDB with secure configuration options.
- Configured hidden replica member and it is used for reporting and backups. Migrated replica set nodes from one server to other server without down time. Familiar with Range based sharding and Hash based sharding.
Environment: MongoDB, MMS, OPS manager, WiredTiger, MMAPv1, mongostat, mongotop, mongofiles, Ruby, Puppet, Linux/Unix, LVM Snapshots, Backup scheduler, Dataguard, Pearl, PyMongo, Java script.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Experience in managing large-scale, geographically-distributed database systems, including relational (Oracle, SQL server) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) systems.
- Good experience on MongoDB scaling across data centers and/or in-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets.
- Extensive experience in deploying, managing and developing with MongoDB clusters.
- Familiar with MongoDB clusters, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, Sharding, replication and schema design.
- Point in time Backup and recovery in MongoDB using onsite MMS.
- Efficient in Scalability: Sharding setup, sharding monitoring, shard key selection, inserting large amounts of Data in MongoDB.
- Data modeling for data from RDBMS to Cassandra and MongoDB for optimal reads and writes
- Familiar with MongoDB clusters, Java scripting to load unstructured data into sharding environment.
- Used MongoDB third party tools (ROBO MONGO, MONGOOWL, MONGOVUE) and mongo-built in binaries to monitor and analysis the performance of MONGODB.
- Worked on pre-splitting mechanism using shard keys to distribute data across shards.
- Creation, configuration and monitoring Shards sets. Analysis of the data to be shared, choosing a shard Key to distribute data evenly.
- Migrated Database from SQL Databases (Oracle and SQL Server) to NO SQL Databases (MONGODB)
- Performed on-call technical support to minimize the impact of system disruptions.
- Management of databases on multiple servers.
- Developed Scripts for transferring data from production server to testing/development servers.
- Worked extensively on Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, Stored outlines, Statistics.
Environment: Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo DB 2.4, 2.6, HBase, Ruby, MMS, Puppet, Linux/Unix, LVM Snapshots, Backup scheduler, Dataguard, Pearl, PyMongo, Java script.
Confidential, Hickory, NC
- Key participant in requirement gathering session with business users to understand and document the business requirements of the client as well as the goals of various projects.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Database Software, Creation and configuration of database development, testing and production purposes
- Administered all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Developed control files for SQL*Loader and PL/SQL programs for loading and validating the data into the Database.
- Involved in writing PL/SQL to maintain the timely orders of the customers, audit history and reports errors.
- Created Packages, Stored Procedures and Functions to be called by Java modules.
- Actively put standards in place to ensure that all application design and code was produced with proper integrity, security and performance. Also, conducted reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards were being adhered to.
- Enforced and maintained database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Effectively enforced a strategy for troubleshooting problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Loading external data into the database using SQL Loader. Performing hot/cold backups of the database
- Implemented RMAN using recovery catalog. Re-org of database objects
- Monitoring disk space and tablespace usage Actively tuned the SQL queries by using APEX for reduction in the query time and for better improvement in the performance around 30%.
- Cloned or refreshed the database using the production backups in the development and test environments.
- Effective reduction of glitches in the database by analyzing issues using Automated Workload Repository (AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM)
- Performed upgrades in oracle database from Oracle 10g to 11g (10.2.0.3 to 126.96.36.199) Extensively involved in Weekly Maintenance, Re-Organization and Health Check of Databases.
- Help desk and Support ticket management using TEAMTRACK.
- Used Export/Import and Data pump utilities for full and partial backup through various environments like dev /test/PS /Prod
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g RAC with Solaris/redhat,, Toad, SQL plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), RMAN, Solaris 9/10, AIX, Shell Scripting,, Net Backup, Time finder Backups, RMAN, Redhat/Suse Linux, EM Cloud Control 12c, expdp, impdp, AWR, ADDM, Statspack, tkprof
Oracle DBA (Oracle Database Administrator)
Confidential, Manchester, NH
- 24/7 Production Database support of multi-terabyte Oracle 11g database.
- Performed all aspects of database administration including Installation, Configuration, Patches, Monitoring, Import/Export, Cloning, etc.
- Upgrade/Migrated the production and development databases from RAC /10g to RAC /11g.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle 11g RAC/Oracle 10g RAC) and Standby Databases for High Availability and Disaster Recovery purpose.
- Plan, implement, and troubleshooting Oracle RMAN backup, restore, and recovery.
- Provide performance tuning, problem diagnosis, data reorganization and database upgrade support.
- Monitor and tune Oracle database for optimum performance. Assist in capacity planning of Oracle database servers.
- Responsible for Creating, Constructing, Operating and maintaining Interfaces using ODI.
- Generated and analyzed STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, Explain Plan reports, error checking and monitored statistics for performance tuning of the database.
- Performed Data replication and Data transformation. Export and import of database objects using Data pump utilities EXPDP and IMPDP.
- Performed data loads using SQL*LOADER. Developed PL/SQL Packages, functions and triggers to implement various functionalities.
- Experience in Managing work repositories and creating reports. Installation and administration of GoldenGate.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts for Backup and cloning.
- Tune SQL, PL/SQL statements found in the reporting utilities and queries. Involved in the maintenance and troubleshooting of RAC Databases.
- Monitored and managed the space usage and table partitioning. Implemented and Configured Standby database (Data guard) for disaster Recovery.
- Primary point of contact between customer and core development team.
Environment: Oracle 11g RAC/10g RAC, RedHat Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows, OracleData Integrator, GoldenGate, SQL, PL/SQL, RMAN, SQL*Loader, Import/Export, Data Pump, Data guard, AWR, ADDM.