- High Tech, Credit Card, Financial and Banking, Manufacturing, Online Travel, Telecomm, Staffing, Federal and State Government, Higher Education, Energy, Insurance, Health Care, Pharmaceuticals, Oil and Energy, Automobile.
- Support and partner with all levels of management and business stakeholders across organizations and globally.
- Work closely and collaboratively with product development engineering teams, IT, data management team, enterprise architects, analysts, network security group, DBA, data scientists, consultants and 3rd party vendors, both on - shore and off-shore resources.
- Years of management, project management, technical management and lead experiences. Waterfall, Agile and SDLC.
- Years of experiences on defining and designing conceptual, logical and physical dada architecture, strategy and solutions. Over 7 years of hands-on experience working as an enterprise data architect in various industries
- Over 17 years of hands-on experience on Enterprise Data Warehouse, ETL, ODS, Data Integration and BI/Analytics architecture design, analysis, management and development in various industries.
- Over 9 years of hands-on experiences on designing and implementing transactional/MDM/DW/External data integration from planning, roadmap, strategy, architecture, acquisition, integration, conversion, mapping, DQ, harmonization, analysis to deployment/release.
- Experience on migrating and deploying cloud based healthcare billing application. SaaS.
- Excellent experience on strategizing and implementing enterprise data hub architecture and framework design and beyond, for various companies and in different industries.
- Design and reuse patterns and frameworks as part of the architecture and platform design strategy.
- Certified Guidewire Data Hub and InfoCenter professional and have 2 months of hands-on experiences..
- Identify, classify, define and set up data security classification and process to enforce PCI, PII and SOX compliances for credit card, personal and financial information.
- Good experiences on setting up naming, data modeling and coding standards and best practice.
- Experience on technology comparisons, selections and POC.
- Experience on performing as-is and to-be analysis and recommendation on architectures, technology standardization, business and data processes, application integration, data quality, MDM, metadata collection and data governance.
- Experience in gathering business and technical requirements and then translate them into technical design.
- Good experiences on business, technical and operational metadata collection and maintenance.
- Some limited exposure to Big Data, Hadoop conceptual architecture framework design. Have used HivQL on Cloudera.
- Hands-on, pattern and framework design and solution in Data Warehouse, Data Integration, ODS, ETL and BI/Analytics. Close to real-time and batch process.
- Many years of technical development experiences focus on back-end OLTP, DW, DI, ETL, DQ and BI /OLAP Dashboards/Analytics.
- Excellent experience on data profiling, data and system analysis and provide data quality solution, strategy and implementation roadmaps.
- Knowledgeable on marketing, sales and customer analytics, data cleansing, de-duping and standardization.
- Good understanding and exposure to data governance and MDM concepts.
- Excellent experience and knowledge on Star Schema and OLTP data modeling design and technique. Good with Erwin data modeling tool.
- Create and define standards and best practices for data modeling, DW, DI, ETL, DQ and BI/Analytics.
- Some exposure to BI tool such as Oracle/OBIEE, Cognos, Business Object and Qlikview.
- Good working knowledge of Informatica Power Center, OWB, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML and XML.
- Have some hands-on experience on SAP Business Object Data Service (BODS).
- Self-starter and self-training on Hives and MongoDB right now.
- Not hands-on but understanding of LDAP, DNS, IP, HTTP/SSL, Proxy, SMTP, SOAP, WebLogic, Tomcat, MS Web Services, Java Scripts, Java and C/C++. Needs to provide solution based on these settings.
- Good knowledge on Unix, Linux and Window 2005 to 2014.
- Excellent experience on Oracle RDBMS, also have good exposure to MS RDBMS, DB2/UDB.
Confidential, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Enterprise Data Architect
- Member of the Confidential data architectural team and responsible for supporting EDW and eCommerce engineering teams throughout the entire project lifecycle and that includes designing logical and physical data models.
- Work with security and compliance group to Identify and enforce privacy and security compliances, PII/PCI/SOX.
- Work with development teams and in charge of conceptual and physical architecture designs and solutions for Ticket Utils application, ticket data integration and migration project. Enforce DA standards and polices.
- Work with DBA and system teams to improve performance on query and data process
- Worked with EDW team to provide solutions on data integration, transformation, metadata and master data architecture and design.
- Write ERStudio Macro (VB) and PL/SQL programs for maintaining metadata and management.
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c, ERStudio, SQL, Macro, PL/SQL, Slack, MS Server 2012, Oracle VM 10.0.6.
Confidential, FOSTER CITY, CA
Enterprise Data Architect
- Member of the Confidential enterprise data architecture team and responsible for defining and policing data architecture, data naming, technology, process, modeling and metadata standards and best practices.
- Designed eCommerce/OLTP application data models and created Hives/DDL to support both RDBMS and Hadoop environments.
- Enforce data security and data privacy compliances.
- Data profiling and analysis to ensure data consistency, harmony and quality throughout all applications and backend processes.
- Engage and responsible for multiple Confidential OLTP/eCommerce projects to support Confidential ’s corporate card process and implementation efforts.
- Worked closely with Confidential technical development teams, governance group, SMEs, System Solution Architects and DBAs. Used Jira for service requests and QA.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, DB2/UDB v9.7, Oracle 11g, Erwin v9.x, Cloudear HiveQL, Jira.
ETL Technical Consultant
- Responsible for Guidewire Data Hub and InfoCenter installation and configuration by using BODS, Cognos v10 and MS Server 2012.
- Performed Administration tasks and used CMC/CMS, Server Manager, Repository Manager, Management Console to create/setup user and group privileges, set up local repository and connect to job server and others.
- Performed initial data and objects loading and used DS Designer.
- Set up repository database connections to BODS.
- Installed and configured namespace between Cognos 10.2.x and Guidewire insurance applications.
- Built and configured Guidewire OOTB Sandbox for business users.
- Analyzed and modified existing BODS ETL processes to troubleshoot while doing the initial data load.
- Verified policy data load by analyzing policy center data.
- Performed ETL data specification mappings and analysis.
Environment: Guidewire DataHub and InfoCenter 8.3.x, SQL Server 2012 R2, Power Designer, BODS v4.2, Agile, Cognos 10.2x
Confidential, NOVATO, CA
IT Data Service Manager / Data Integration Architect
- Worked on LightYear, BrighTree OLTP application migration project, to convert TIMS healthcare billing application to BrighTree, cash-to- order billing system, both are cloud-based applications. SaaS.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 and 2014, LDAP, PL/SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Erwin, Jira, SalesForce
Sr. EIM Manager - Enterprise Architect
- Project to assess Amex IDN’s big data and EDW platform maturity, and to recommend solutions for solving integration performance and data quality issues, best practices, architecture strategy and roadmap.
Environment: Hadoop data integration platform, Oracle 11g
Confidential, TORRANCE, CA
Consultant - Enterprise Data Architect
- Manufacturing, DWs, sales, vehicles product, DRM, eBOM, ERP and accounting data to create and build a data integration framework.
- The project is to support operational and financial data warehouse analytical requirements for all NA regions by creating and building big data hybrid integration architecture platform, and that includes data landing, data lake, ODS, MDM and Financial EDW/analytics layers.
Environment: Oracle 11gr2, Informatica v9.5, Oracle Big Data Appliances, Hives SQL on Cloudera, Oracle Exadata, OBIEE, PL/SQL, Hyperion IR, Orchestra DRM/MDM, Remedy
Confidential, ROUND LAKE, IL
Consultant - Lead Data Architect
- A Data Warehouse Integration/converson project between a Regional and a Global DW systems for Renal business unit.
Environment: Data Stage, Oracle 10g, Cognos Report Studios v10, Power Designer Viewer
Confidential, PALO ALTO, CA
Consultant - MDM Analyst
- A MDM and DQ solution and implementation project.
Environment: Oracle DRM, Informatica MDM, Oracle 11g, Remedy
Consulting DW Manager - Oracle Analytics Practice
- A Siebel CRM v8.x and SAP BW v7.x integration and implementation project and used Informatica Power Center and Power Exchange as an ETL data integration tool.
Environment: Oracle RDBMS v11g; SAP BW v7.x; Siebel CRM v8.x; Informatica v9.x and Power Exchange v9.x, Web Services; Linux.
Confidential, KANSAS CITY, MO
Consultant - Enterprise ETL Architect
- An Oracle Sales Analytics implementation project.
Environment: Oracle RDBMS v11g; LDAP, Siebel CRM v7.8; Oracle Sales Analytics v7.6.3; Informatica v9.x and DAC v10.3.4.
Confidential, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
Sr. Manager - BI Architect
- Led the efforts on technical and architecture designs and development tasks for a BI project - Alert, a LOEM project to migrate LOEM sales and related data from various sources and created contract and related analytical reports and dashboards.
- The BI/DI project was to support LOEM contracts, internal sales and marketing groups as well as global partners. It was also supporting business functions such as tracking LOEM sales, revenue and royalty accounting, ROI, and supporting other contract analytical requirements.
Environment: Oracle 10g R2, SQL Server 2005, Informatica v8.5.1, Business Object v6 R2, Remedy, AppWorx, Qlikview, EDI, Web Services, LDAP, XML, Erwin, Sun Unix and Erwin