- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, specification, software and database administration, development, maintenance, testing and documentation.
- Excellent proficiency in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading, Database Modeling and Data ware housing tools and technologies such as ODI.
- Profound Knowledge in Star Schema Modeling and Snowflake Dimensional Modeling (Data Marts, Facts and Dimensions.
- Strong technical expertise in creating and maintaining database objects - Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Indexes, Sequences, Synonyms, Database Links and Database Directories.
- Extensive experience in developing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Cursors, Collections (Nested tables and Varrays), Records, Object types and Database Triggers.
- Proficient in Oracle utilities and tools - SQL*loader, Export/Import, TOAD SQL*plus, iSQL*plus, SQL Developer and SQL Navigator.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization using various types of Hints, Partitioning, Bulking techniques and Indexes.
- Profound experience in Tuning SQL queries using utilities like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Trace and TKPROF to improve the performance.
- Strong experience in Oracle ETL data loading techniques like UTL FILE, SQL loader, Copy Command and External tables from various business source environments.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX Shell Script on Sun Solaris 2.8/2.7 and HP UNIX 12.x/11. x and Worked on KORN Shell Scripts to write maintenance script for Oracle.
- Ability to work in a team environment and as an individual with strong technical and communication skills, and good zeal in adapting new technologies in a fast paced environment.
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Developed advanced PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes and Collections to implement business logic using SQL Navigator.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation for remote instances.
- Involved in creating Unix Shell Scripting. Defragmentation of Tables, Partitioning, compressing and Indexes for improved performance and efficiency.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day. Used standard packages like UTL FILE, DBMS SQL and PL/SQL collections and used BULK binding involved in writing database procedures, packages and functions for front end module.
- Experience in Database Application Development, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and DBA solutions and implementation experience in System Development Life Cycle.
- Used principles of Normalization to improve the performance.
- Involved in ETL code using PL/SQL in order to meet requirements for Extract, Transformation, Cleaning and Loading of data from source to target data structures.
- Filtered and Loaded data from different formats of data sources into database tables.
- Used SED and AWK in Unix shell scripting to correct the data issues in the SQL - Loader data file.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Worked closely with the Application Development teams to identify and implement continuous improvements and effective problem resolution strategies.
- Provided the Production and Technical support for the users.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, SQL PLUS, PL/ SQL, SQL*Loader, TOAD, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Pro*C, Windows XP, MS-Excel
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Interacting with users to gather Business requirements and Analyzing, Designing and Developing the Data Loading Process and Reporting systems.
- Extensively used SQL Loader, UTL FILE and External Table mechanisms to load legacy data, feed files data and data from various sources into the Oracle database tables.
- Designed and developed the Packages, procedures, functions efficiently in loading, validating and cleansing the data. Also worked on creating users and roles as needed for the applications.
- Extensively used UTL SMTP and windows blat techniques to develop the monitoring processes to automatically notify the source systems, administrators and users through email alerts on missing feed files, unsuccessful job runs and load status of scheduled load processes and backup jobs.
- Extensively wrote the PL/SQL and SQL programs and Designed and developed the views, materialized views, functions, procedures, packages, triggers and cursors.
- Created Cursors, Collections and database triggers for maintaining complex integrity constraints and implementing the complex business rules.
- Worked on Performance tuning using the Partitioning and indexing concepts (Local and Global indexes on partition tables).
- Involved in the design and development of user interfaces and customization of Reports using ASP and as well as COGNOS.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Created new mapping designs using various version tools in Informatica designer.
- Developed mappings/sessions using Informatica power center 8.6 for data loading.
- Strong experience in writing PERL scripts covering data feed handling.
- Providing workflows and other information required in the development of code of the PERL scripts.
- Debugging, troubleshooting and maintenance of existing PERL scripts and modules.
- Assisting junior PERL developers in the development of scripts.
- Experience in development of ELT and ETL mapping in ODI.
- Resolved ODI related issues faced by the team members.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL process) from Source to target And Worked on Windows Batch scripting, scheduling jobs and monitoring logs.
- Worked on Production support for the backend database and reporting applications.
- Involved in importing Source Tables from the different databases.
- Involved in Performance testing, User Acceptance testing of the application and participated in Code and Design Reviews, Status meetings and Walkthroughs.
- Involved in continuous enhancement, optimization and fixing of problems.
- Provided technical support to the user with regard to operational aspects.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Informatica, PERL, ODI, SQL*Plus, Windows and UNIX
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Requirement Analysis
- Data warehouse design
- Data mapping and design integration solutions
- Writing ad hoc queries to get different information scattered in various database and tables.
- Designing integration package using SSIS
- Create different jobs using MS SQL Server Management studio
- Developed custom Forms and Reports as per requirements.
- Worked with developers to repair and enhance current base of PL/SQL packages to fix production issues and build new functionality and improve processing time through code optimizations and indexes.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, synonyms, materialized views, procedures, packages, triggers, functions using oracle PL/SQL and SQL.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like TKPROF, AUTOTRACE, EXPLAIN PLAN and DBMS SQLTUNE.
- Write PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package
- Wrote SQL Loader control file for flat file data load and scheduled them in UNIX
- Database modeling and data warehouse modeling
- Performance tuning of database
- Design star schema, snowflake schema, cubes, and indexes
- Developing reports using Crystal reports
- Universe design, Cube design and Reports creating using SAP BO
- T - SQL and PL/SQL back end programming
Environment: Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL*PLUS, SQL*LOADER, Oracle Jdeveloper, BI Publisher, SSIS, Informatica, Erwin, OBIEE, OBIA, DAC, Tivoli, SSRS, SSAS