Oracle database administration professional with strong problem - solving skills and extensive experience in production and software development environments.
Proficient in: Oracle database 8 - 10, 11g, 12c. Database on single server, RAC and Oracle engineered system (ODA and Exadata)
Familiar with: software development life cycle. Microsoft SQL Server database 2008 - 2012
Platforms: HP Unix (10.x), Red hat Linux (5.x - 6.x), Oracle Linux, VMware and Microsoft Windows Servers (NT to 2014)
Very good at: Oracle PL/SQL, Unix/Linux Shell scripts
Familiar with: MS Transact-SQL, Java
Applications: Oracle OEM, Toad, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle AS (9i, 10g), Oracle Life Science Application (OC, RDC, ARES, TMS), Informatica’s PowerExchange
Senior Oracle Database Admin
- Primary responsibilities include all Oracle database administration work, such as: Oracle RDBMS software installation, CPU and PSU patching; database creation (including multitenant databases in 12c), configuration, migration and upgrading; ASM administration; database security management; RMAN backup and recovery; implementation of transparent data encryption (TDE); Upgrading of Confidential .
- Excellent experience in managing large-scale production databases (2-5TB) on RAC and Oracle Exadata servers, which include configuring database for large scalability, migrating it by using RMAN active cloning or data pump; proactively monitoring and turning to keep database in healthy status.
- Managing databases in development, validation, test and production environments from design, deployment to daily operation for many applications, which include some critical databases such as Content Server (OpenText ECM), GCL database (in house developed application for global central laboratories), EDW database (Oracle BI Data warehouse) and CTMS database (Siebel CRM application).
- Track record of success in, and received promotion for, resolving performance issue in a critical Oracle database. Strong analysis ability to quickly identify and solve the performance issue.
- Proficient in building standby database by using RMAN active cloning or other methods, configuring active data guard broker. Performing database disaster recovery test by switchover or failover.
- Very good at configuring and managing Oracle Stream and good knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate implementation.
- Received award for the successful move of company’s datacenter from Wilmington, NC to Rayleigh, NC.
- Assist application developers and administrators to write stored procedures, triggers, to create tables, to tune SQL queries to resolve complex issues, and to Implement application schemas, petitioning tables etc.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of database administration for MS SQL Server database from version 2008 to 2014.
Senior Technical Consultant
- Performed database administration for all oracle databases (8i, 9i, 10g).
- Provided lead technical support for Oracle Life Science Applications - OC, RDC, TMS, AERS. Work included software installation, patching, upgrading, which included database, application server and front end. Performed application configuration, functions setup and troubleshooting.
- Worked on client sites to install, upgrade, and patch Oracle Life Science Applications - OC, RDC, TMS, TMS medical dictionary loads and AERS. Clients included J&J, Medtronic and Massachusetts Biological Lab etc. Consistently received good feedback from clients.
Software Analyst and Oracle DBA
- Performed Oracle database administration both in production and develop environment. Migrated database from Oracle to MS SQL Server.
- Good knowledge of software development life cycle. Involved in the programing of company’s major software T-Recs (Total Reconciliation System) by using language PowerBuilder. The databases were either Oracle 8i or MS SQL Server 2000.
- Developed and tested 100+ small applications that were used to interface T-Recs with other venders’ applications written in PowerBuilder, Oracle PL/SQL, MS transact-SQL and Java.
- Initialized the design and development of new software - The Bank Automation Analysis System by applying data modeling method.