- Around 8 years of extensive experience as Oracle Financials Functional Consultant in full life cycle implementation of Oracle 11i/R12 applications and Oracle Fusion Financials R9 /R10, business process analysis, evaluation and integration of internal systems, postproduction support and training to the users.
- Proficient in functional aspects of Oracle modules: General Ledger (GL), Financial Accounting Hub (FAH), Accounts Payables (AP), Accounts Receivables (AR), Cash Management (CE), Purchase Order (PO), Fixed Assets (FA), Advanced Global Intercompany System(AGIS), Order Management, Advanced Pricing, Inventory, Advanced Collections, Sys Admin, iExpense, iSupplier and iProcurement.
- Extensive experience on the Full Life Cycle Implementation of Procure to Pay Cycle (P2P), Record to Report(RTR) and Order to Cash Cycle (O2C).
- Served as an expert in Oracle EDI/e - Commerce applications guiding the design, development and best practice of all associated products and transactions covering both traditional electronic and XML based transaction protocols.
- Authored various documents using AIM Methodology, which includes Business Functional Requirement analysis, Understanding AS-IS & TO-BE process, GAP Analysis and providing solution design and building RICE components as a part of fit gap analysis, System configuration and testing and developing BR 100, MD 50, CV 40, TE 40 and MD120 documents.
- Experience in implementing AGIS (Advance Global Intercompany System), involved in Multi-Org and Multi-Currency, re-valuation, translation and GCS (Global Consolidation System), designed and developed Financial Statements (FSG’s) as per Business Requirement.
- Expert knowledge on Sub-Ledger Accounting (SLA) for managing accounting across Sub ledger transactions to generate accounting entries and customization of derivation rules as per the requirements.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and financial business processes, not limited to, but including: basic financial accounting process through period closing, revenue and Expense cash/accrual concepts, adjustments and financial statements.
- Experience in System Administration activities like creation/ maintenance of users, creating responsibilities, creation of menus, profiles, value sets, flex fields etc.
- Experience in Data mapping from the external source files with Oracle EBS columns across the financial modules during interface development and conversions.
- Managing the complex information about parties, customers, organizations, contacts and locations/sites in Trading Community Architecture (TCA).
- Good experience customizing and personalizing approvals using Oracle Approval Management (AME)
- Worked extensively with development team members in resolving issues by creating SR(s) and resolving issues while using METALINK (Oracle Support).
- Good understanding of various Oracle developer tools including Oracle Forms, Reports, Workflow, Conversions, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD etc.
- Extensive Knowledge on various Ticketing Software and Testing Tools.
- Gained expertise in using the Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) to record the test scripts and used these scripts to train the end users on R12 functionality.
- Good architecture knowledge and can write complex SQL queries for debugging during support.
- Trained the client’s super users and users on the application and conducting Pilot testing, integrated testing, design validations, setups of the Distributed ERP applications and coordination of UAT.
- Experience with round-trip business methods using Function-point and Use Case estimation methods using well-defined workflow (Project and Initiatives proposal presentation techniques).
- Expertise in Conceptualizing & Implementation of various quality improvements by conducting audits for continual improvements in services.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities with analytical problem solving abilities including playing vital role in coordinating multiple business meetings and following up on open items.
- Proficiency in Oracle R12 Financials and Oracle Fusion Financials.
- Expert in Procure to Pay, Record to Report and Order to Cash processes.
- Expert knowledge in Oracle Procurement Suite of applications including Sourcing, iSupplier, Contracts, iProcurement etc.
- Expert knowledge in AME.
- Proficient in Implementing EB-TAX.
- Multi Org Architecture (MOA) and MRC (Multi Reporting Currency).
- Proficient in AIM Methodology & documentation.
- Experienced in training users for UAT.
ERP Systems: Oracle Application R12 (12.2.5, 12.1.3, 12.0.6, 12.0.4), 11i (22.214.171.124, 11.5.9), Oracle Fusion Financials R9/R10
Languages: HTML, C, SQL, PL/SQL.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows XP/7/8, Sun Solaris.
Oracle Tools: FSG TOAD, SQL Loader and Discoverer.
SR/ ticketing systems: Smile, SYSAID, HP Quality Center.
Documentation Tools: MS Office, MS PowerPoint.
Sr. Oracle Apps P2P Functional Consultant
Environment: Oracle EBS 12.2.4 (Purchasing, Order Management, Inventory, Account Payables, Data Loader, TOAD, Microsoft Visio)
- Point of contact for Purchasing Module to the Business for the Oracle R12 EMEA Upgrade Project.
- Performed in depth analysis of existing 11i configurations of Purchasing and Account Payables modules to filter out redundant setups (invalid from IT and business standpoint).
- Documented the end to end conversion execution steps for Blanket Purchase Agreements, Blanket Purchase Releases, Standard Purchase Orders, Internal Banks and Invoices.
- Performed Purchasing module setups: Financial Options, Receiving Options, Purchasing Options, Document Types, Descriptive Flexfields, Key Flexfields, Approval Assignments, Approval Groups and Profile Options in Conversion, UAT and Pre-Production Instances. Validated setups in R12 instances with respect to 11i Production setups.
- Helped the Business in setting up of Global Queries (a custom ad-hoc reporting tool) to facilitate seamless reporting and configuring Value Maps, which are custom value sets that facilitate the scheduled jobs in fetching variables.
- Developed SQL queries to find inactive buyers, inactive items, inactive supplier-supplier sites, inactive projects-tasks, inactive locations, inactive ship to orgs tied with Purchase Orders and Releases to be used by business to clean up the source 11i Production instance for conversion.
- Coordinated with Business to filter out valid employee-buyers for Buyer conversion in mock conversion, UAT and Pre-Production environments using Dataloader.
- Proposed functional solution for valid open Purchase Order Conversion tied to invalid employees (or buyers) in 11i Production Environment.
- Performed end to end BPA, BPR and SPO Conversion Execution in mock conversion, UAT and Production instances which included running of extraction programs, performing post extract validations (between 11i and R12 instances), running load programs and performing post load validations.
- Coordinated with MDM team and business to address any MDM failures (inactive items, supplier-supplier sites, buyers, ASL, employees etc.) that occurred during conversions.
- Provided techno-functional solution and performed end to end testing of various Form Personalization in Purchase Order Creation and Release creation screen like restriction of multiple need by dates, promised dates, Ship to Locations and defaulting the Ship to Locations (at header and Shipment level) for Expense type Purchase Orders and Releases.
- Provided training to end users on new custom programs and functionalities in Oracle Purchasing and Account Payables.
- Point of contact for Oracle Purchasing and Account Payables ORT sessions post conversions in UAT and Production environments.
- Provided Functional support for Purchasing and Account Payables module in stabilization and post go live phases.
- Led the functional team in requirement gathering phases for the integration of a Vendor Help Desk into Oracle Application Account Payables.
- Point of contact to 3 rd Party WMOS-YDC Upgrade Project team for Oracle Purchasing data creation, publishing of data to custom Expected Receipt Interface and validation of data in custom Receipt Confirmation Interface table.
- Worked on solution and end to end testing of Oracle Purchasing, Order Management and Inventory related defects (e.g. EDI Interface Integration with custom ER/RC interface.)
- Used DataLoader in updating existing jobs, approval groups, approval assignments and creation of new jobs, approval groups and approval assignments in CERT and Production Environments. Performed in depth post load validations to eliminate any data discrepancies between CERT and Production.
- Worked on creation of new HR Location for an existing organization in CERT and performed end to end testing in Purchasing module to facilitate effortless migration into Production environment.
- Executed end to end Purchasing and Account Payables modules regression scenarios to facilitate MS Exchange Upgrade for Workflow Mailers and application of several other patches over time.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, California
Position Title Business Integration Analyst
Environment: Oracle EBS 12.2.5 (General Ledger, Account Payables, Account Receivables, Purchase Order, Fixed Assets, Procure to Pay, iProcurement, SLA, EB-Tax, Vertex, Approval Management Engine, TOAD, SQL, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Projects.
- Reviewed and approved detailed Solution Design Documents, and verified that they provide the required clarity and explanation of the solutions to requirements.
- Point of contact for the Business System Analysts and End users for gathering all requirements for implementation and support of Oracle EBS (Account Receivables, Cash Management, Account Payables, Fixed Assets and General Ledger).
- Perform fit/gap analysis, pre-production business testing, conference room pilot support, interface/conversion mapping, and related documentation (including BRD) for financial modules General Ledger, Account Receivables and Account Payables.
- Prepared Oracle AIM documents RD050, BR100 and MD050 documents for the financial modules.
- Defined Cross Validation rules and uploaded using spreadsheets.
- Worked on customizations of Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) rules - defining sources, events, journal types customizing SLA Rules etc.
- Converted Fixed Assets data into Oracle through web ADI.
- Analyzed Fixed Assets system to find cost differences between General Ledger and Fixed assets system.
- Corrected cost differences to get General Ledger in-line with Fixed Assets system.
- Designed, created and tested various reports for Monthly reconciliations of financials Sub Ledgers to General Ledger.
- Extensively worked on Field Mapping, Data Mapping and creating Conversion documents.
- Generated various financial reports using Smart View and Financial Reporting (FR) Studio.
- Documented and provided knowledge transfer of various month end procedures and processes in financial modules.
- Configured common options for Payables and configured Invoice Options/Payment Options as per the design.
- Involved in configuring MOAC, Financial and Payable options, supplier and payment terms in Account Payables. Worked on the Customization of PO Requisition Account Generator Workflows depending on the auto accounting rules set by the client for charge, accrual and variance accounts for standard purchase orders in PO and iProcurement.
- Involved in bank statement reconciliation in Cash Management.
- Configured Chart of Accounts, Ledgers, Legal Entities and Business Units by uploading the information through the integrated Spreadsheets.
- Managed the solution and resources in the project for Direct and indirect Procure to Pay process and planning processes.
- Involved in design and documenting requirements for EB-TAX Vertex integration for the Procure to Pay (P2P) stream as per client needs. Involved in testing various setups and resolving product specific bugs.
- Involved in preparation of test cases, test scripts and testing of standard features in Fixed Assets, General Ledger and Cash Management modules.
- Performed System Integration testing on Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Cash Management and other financial modules.
- Involved in User Interface functional testing for all the financial modules implemented. Worked with business partners to ensure full system testing is complete.
Confidential, East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Oracle Applications Functional Lead Consultant
Environment: Oracle EBS 12.1.3 (General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Cash Management, Accounts Receivables, Order Management, Advanced Pricing, WMS, Inventory, Purchasing, Advanced Collections, Order to Cash, Approval Management Engine, EDI, XML Gateway).
- End to end Implementation of Oracle Payables, Payments, Receivables, Order Management, Advanced Pricing and e-commerce gateway.
- Carrying out requirement gathering, requirement analysis, high level and granular level mapping, Gap Analysis, Setups, Functional and Technical Extensions, Modifications, Unit Testing, Stress Testing, Integration Testing and CRP’s related to the split scenario and post production data cleansing.
- Designed and authored functional specifications for many OM reports like Pick Slip, Packing Slip, Mailing Label for Shipping and Credit Order Detail, Orders by Item, Order Detail and Summary Reports.
- Implemented General Ledger, Account Payables, Credit Management, Advanced Collections and Order to Cash (O2C) modules: Order Management, Inventory, Warehouse, Purchasing, Receivables within Oracle EBS.
- Created accounting flex field segment values, creating Cross Validation rules and security rules to restrict the usage of departments and companies belonging to one Company by the other in sub ledger transactions.
- Prepared BR100 Application setup for Payables, Receivables, Order Management, Payments and Ecommerce Gateway.
- Documented current state, designed future state to automate treasury functions including cash position, daily investing, cash forecasting, cash general ledger entries and debt facility accruals.
- Configured the Cash management module for GL Accounts Mapping, setting up transaction codes, BAI2 file upload, customization of out file as per the bank requirements, automatic transmission and import of bank files.
- Configured banks, bank accounts and documents for different needs like AP processing.
- Functional Design for AR Invoice Print and dunning letters print using XML Publisher.
- Configured dunning plans in Advanced Collections.
- Defined new models pricing features by Advanced Pricing using Modifiers and Formulas.
- Responsible for the mapping of XML and EDI invoices to support the business requirements.
- Developed approval rules based on invoice amount for the following transaction type Payables Invoice Approval using Oracle Approval Management (AME) and configured action types, actions and set up the profile option to work for Payables only and also the required setup through Payables Options form.
- Worked on Vendor sourcing rules, Blanket Purchase Agreements and Purchase Order Release methods in Oracle Purchasing.
- Helped the users in resolving some issues in custom code for EDI 850 Purchase Order Outbound transaction and EDI 860 Purchase Order Change Outbound transactions.
- Worked with customers to gather requirements and setup Customer workbenches, transaction types, Transaction Sources, Auto accounting, SLA, Revenue Recognition policy, bank setups, Payment methods, Approval limits, Receipt workbench, month end closing for Account Receivables and bank reconciliation.
- Created WMS picking rules and worked on set-ups for WMS replenishment tasks.
- Worked on WMS - Inbound, Outbound and Reverse Logistics, Stocking and Internal Inventory Movements.
- Worked extensively on Item categories, Category sets, Category codes and prepared the setups for Item categories in Inventory, Purchasing, Order Management modules.
- Worked on AP/AR Netting, ERS Transactions Setups and related issues.
- Designed and implemented Back to Back Sales Order Process, integrating with Purchasing and customizing various forms and interface process as per business requirement.
- Designed and configured Custom extension using Order Management processing constraints to restrict cancellation or updates of a Sales Order once the Purchase Order is created for a Back to Back process.
- Involved in defect fixing of custom workflows like OM export compliance, Return Merchandise notification and credit management.
- As per client's requirement developed reports like Sub Ledger Accounting Report (SLA) using XML Publisher.
- Resolved issues related to payment processing, payment authorization and suppliers.
- Resolved issues related to credit card refund, return, bills only, freight charge return, credit card authorization, consolidated invoicing and receivables.
- Resolved the issues related to automatic clearance of receipts, aging bucket report, credit snapshot report, customer statement report.
- Resolved the issues on Sub inventory transfer and Inter-Org transfer in Inventory Module.
- Resolved Physical Inventory and Cycle Count issues in Inventory module.
- Troubleshooting and fixing the issues in Order management application -Tax Code, Customer Credit Check, Backordering, Return Material Authorization issues.
- Prepared TE040 Documents, which are used to test various aspects of application functionality.
- Defect resolution and End-to-End Functional testing of the Standard and customized processes in the Order Management module (Order to Cash Cycle).
- Successfully executed CRP1, CRP2, and UAT. Provided post production support for the end users after go-live.
- Helped facilitate UAT for Order to Cash (O2C) Process.
- Provided with useful training to the users in General Ledger, Account Receivables, Account Payables and Order Management Modules.
Confidential, New York City, New York
Sr. Oracle Applications Functional Consultant
Environment: Oracle EBS 126.96.36.199 (General Ledger, Account Payables, Account Receivables, Purchase Order, Fixed Assets, Procure to Pay, SLA, iProcurement, iSupplier, iExpense, EB-Tax, Vertex, PA, Project Costing, Project Billing, Approval Management Engine), Oracle Fusion financials R10, TOAD, SQL, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Projects.
- Created functional requirements as an input to application design for migrating applications from Oracle EBS to Oracle Fusion Applications R10.
- Participated in any of the client’s War room discussions and providing the inputs as of when needed.
- Configured custom offerings as per the business needs and deployed them.
- Authored various functional specification documents for data migrations, reporting & analyses, systems integrations, and customizations to standard packaged software.
- As a Functional Implementation user setup User accounts and maintained them using Role Provisioning and de-provisioning in Oracle Identity Management portal page.
- Documented business processes for General Ledger, Purchasing, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Oracle Projects, EB Tax and Payables using User Productivity Kit (UPK).
- Set up the complete Procure to Pay business flow starting from requisitions creation in iProcurement, using Auto create functionality to create purchase order or Sourcing Event, visibility of PO in iSupplier portal, ASN creation in iSupplier portal, Receiving in iProcurement and payment in Account Payables. Most of the items were set for Auto Sourcing.
- Worked on expenses entry screen on iExpense module in changing field names and adding more fields in expenses review screen of iExpense module.
- Implemented supplier user registration for iSupplier.
- Performed setups and integration between Project Accounting, Costing, and Billing.
- Involved in setting up Project resources and roles to the project, Jobs and organizations for project Organizations, creating and maintaining Project budgets and worked on PA Costing Import Process as part of project costing and billing.
- Worked on the functional design of customization of Requisition Account Generator for iProcurement requisition and functional testing.
- Developed complex Oracle Projects approval workflow using Oracle Workflow builder with different hierarchy approval that Sent reminders, group approval decisions, timeouts and auto rejects.
- Part of the post production team involved in extending the functionality by adding a new custom application in Oracle Fusion for billing process.
- Created test scenarios, test scripts and coordinated with the users, development team and functional team.
- Work with cross functional teams to understand the upstream and downstream impact while testing Procure to Pay process.
Confidential, Charlottesville, Virginia
Oracle Application Functional Consultant
Environment: Oracle Application 11.5.10/12.1.3 (General Ledger, Purchasing, Account Payables, Account Receivables, Order Management, Inventory, Advanced Pricing, Purchasing, Advanced Collections, EB-Tax, Vertex)
- Performed analysis and authored documents for all functionality Changes from 11i to R12.
- Assisted the client with the functional aspects of upgrade from 11i to R12 in General Ledger, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Order Management and Inventory from end to end process cycle, month end close and reconciliation activities
- Performed bank setups for new bank accounts for check and EFT Processing
- Migrated all CEMLIS and tested them for the functionality with respect to new upgraded R12 instance.
- Created test scripts and performed systems and integration testing in multiple iterations.
- Involved in the production support of Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables modules.
- Configured the setups of tax users and profile option values in EB Tax.
- Configured the setups for prepayments and adjustment to payment to suppliers.
- Designed and implemented client specific Supplier Bank integration from HR for employee suppliers.
- Implemented new Expense templates for field and Home Office.
- Implemented new functionality for automating manual processes, including but not limited to Consolidation, Web-ADI spreadsheet Uploads, Recurring Journals, Recurring Invoices, PPR templates etc.
- Extensively worked on Multi Currency conversion setup in Purchasing and Order Management Applications.
- Extensively worked on Price Lists, Modifiers, Qualifiers, Pricing Attributes in Advanced Pricing and created the setups in TEST instance.
- Helped design custom data models that integrated with Oracle Applications.
- Produced technical design documents for conversions, extensions, interfaces, and reports.
- Developed Expense Report Templates.
- Designed, implemented and Tested Custom Check and ACH templates for the customer.
- Upgraded Sub Ledger Accounting Data for client’s auditing needs in phases.
- Provided support during the UAT sessions and fixed various issues with respect to compatibility and interoperability of instances.
- Planned cutover and reduced downtime by scheduling various tasks.
- Performed upgrade activities related to EB-Tax and Vertex integration.
- Created and Executed the Upgrade Test Scripts for all financial modules and their integration with EB-Tax.
- Resolved issues with the Licenses, Certificates for the various SKU's in Order Management, Inventory Application.
- Customized and developed reports like purchase price variance report, dunning letter report and registered them in Oracle EBS Apps.
- Worked and resolved the issues on Drop Shipment, Internal Sales Order in Order Management application.
- Provided pre-Upgrade and post-Upgrade support for financial modules.
- Coordinated and monitored Month End Closing process.
- Troubleshoot issues, including creation/follow-up of Oracle service requests (SRs). Conduct quality reviews of code developed by other development staff.
- Analyzed the support incidents logged in the remedy system and suggested as well implemented solutions.
- Involved in direct interaction with the business users and collecting information required for resolving support incidents.
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions for the team members in the functional areas of known modules.
- Created/supported end-to-end processes for: Order to Cash(O2C) reporting improvements.
- Conducted user training session for the changed functionality.
- Working in collaboration with Oracle Support, fixed issues related to Payables payment processing.
- Developed and Executed the Test cases/scripts for Smoke, Functional, System, Regression, Integration, Performance and UAT.
- Tested end to end flow of Order to Cash cycle (O2C).
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey.
Oracle Applications Functional Lead Consultant
Environment: Oracle Application 11.5.10/12.1.1 (General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Account Payables, Cash Management, Projects, SLA, Advanced Collections).
- Creation of Requirement gathering document (BR 035), Solution Design (BR 010) Specs for the financial modules.
- Prepared Mapping and Gapping Specifications.
- Defined the setups for integrating Oracle Projects into Fixed assets.
- Designed conversion strategy for conversion of Fixed Assets from legacy system into Oracle Assets, carried out conversion, verified the asset balances, maintained the books for a number of periods and transitioned the books to the users for maintenance.
- Completed Setups that must be finished before setting up Internet Procurement.
- Customized various rules in Sub Ledger Accounting module for deriving Tax and discount accounts on AP invoices.
- Setup Multi Org Structure including new Ledger setups based on 2 Legal Entities, and 2 Operating units.
- Setup Cash Management including bank account security.
- Defined Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA) Methods.
- Maintained Bank account signing authorities, managing Bank account statements in Cash Management.
- Configured Security and Cross validation rules to restrict the usage of departments and companies belonging to one Company by the other in sub ledger transactions.
- Customized the ADI template to be compatible with new Environment to upload Journal Entries.
- Assisted business team to zero out the balance sheet and P&L accounts for new company.
- Reviewed assets and assisted business team reallocated, retired, move to one company or another.
- Worked on gathering the data cleansing requirements, post production support for Projects, Account Payables, General Ledger, and Fixed Assets.
- Worked on Setting up and customizing dunning letter and statement cycle in Accounts Receivable module.
- Considered each element with regards to legal, competitive requirements and additionally reviewed the company’s record retention requirements and made recommendations for data clean-up.
- Identified all the data elements across the financial modules that needs clean up (either masking, purging or deletion).
- Developed test scripts and various testing scenarios.
Oracle Application Functional Consultant
Environment: Oracle Apps Release 12.0.6 e-Business suite (Account Receivables, Account Payables, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, e-Business Tax, iSupplier, iProcurement, Oracle Payments).
- Fixed various Sourcing and Procurement Bugs associated with RFQ negotiation publishing across various operating units, Supplier response comparison, receipt creation, draft negotiations and others.
- Involved as a collaborative team member for various Auctions conducted within Oracle Sourcing (iProcurement, Payables and Cash Management) and resolved various issues on the fly during the auction progression.
- Fixed various Month End Close issues, web ADI upload issues and various CIP reports in FA.
- Resolved issues related to Mass Additions Create Program, for asset flag enabled invoices that are not flowing into FA.
- Designed and implemented customized solution for handling Vendor Billed Tax in iSupplier.
- Acted as a primary point of contact for conducting all inbound and outbound interface testing during various phases of upgrade testing.
- Performed extensive defect fixing and support during the client pre-production testing phase, identifying issues and tracking them through HP quality center.
- During the Support phase, Applied various Recommended Patch Collections (RPCs), for AP, Suppliers, Workflows and Cash management. Analyzed and applied various GDFs in payables and applied RCA patches to fix the issues permanently.
- Designed, tested and delivered various custom reports using EIS reporting as per the Client specific requirement, including Invoice Register, Payment register Summary and Detail reports, Allocation of labor, Timeliness of Payments, Rejected Invoices register, etc.,
- Successfully provided Technical and Functional support to the users, testers and Business System Analysts.