Senior database consultant and Solutions Architect with a Bachelor of Sciences in Business Administration and Computer Information Systems. I’ve the strongest technical background in Oracle. My experience covers functional, architectural and technical skills required for building database solutions ranging from programming and administration to disaster recovery planning
Software, Tools & Languages: PL/SQL Programming; SQL*Plus; SQL*Loader, TOAD, Perl, Bash, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c/13m, Oracle RDBMS 9i/ 10g/11g/12c. DataGuard 10g/11g; Oracle Streams; Change Data Capture; RDBMS Upgrades; RAC installation and Administration; Data Warehouse ETL; Redhat /Oracle Linux VM admin and support.
Hardware & Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, Windows Server 2008R2/ 2012; VMware
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c RDBMS / RAC, Oracle Cloud Control 13m, Oracle RAC / ASM, Oracle ODA Administration
Functional Applications: Oracle Enterprise Manager/GRID Control, Visual Studio 2005 (C++ Data Conversion Utils), Remedy Help Desk, Microsoft Office
Development Roles & Experience: Project Management, Solution Architecture, SQL;PL/SQL Application Development, Data Conversion, Technical Architecture, Database Administration, Business & Technical Process Reengineering, Database Installation and Tuning, RAC Design & Installation, On Call support
Confidential, Reston, VA
Oracle DBA Lead; PL/SQL Developer; ETL Developer
- Oracle Database Administrator 188.8.131.52 (including ASM utilities & Oracle Label Security.)
- Constructed an EDI loader/ parser in Oracle 11.2 PL/SQL. Upgraded from 11g(11.2) to 12c (12.2) and migrated to Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, & RDS).The process shepherds incoming EDI files from clients via FTP through translation scripts on Windows software eventually landing on Oracle 11.2/ 12.2 databases on Linux. Composed all scripting, Oracle sqlloader templates, and PL/SQL parsing procedures. Began reverse engineer modelling of client’s database with TOAD Data Modeler 6.
- Linux Sysadmin (Redhat 7/Oracle Linux 6).
- Windows Server 2003/2012 - Sysadmin.
- TOAD for Oracle 12 & Data Modeler 6.2
Confidential, Little Rock, Arkansas
Oracle Database Administration/ Data Warehouse Manager/ ETL Developer
- Responsibilities include participation in regional data center moves away from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. These tasks included re-establishing Oracle database servers on VERITAS clustered Sun Surefire servers that divided hosted databases between Jackson, Mississippi and Little Rock, Arkansas; Moving Backup/Recovery solution from BMC based solutions to native RMAN scripting attached to LEGATO based tape storage libraries; Ongoing monitoring accomplished via shell scripting scheduled via Solaris O/S CRON jobs.
- Data modelling for all non-COTS applications (ERWIN 7.3) Logical and Physical models with ongoing new Domain management efforts.
- Disaster Recovery Planning re-design project involved establishing Oracle Data Guard 10g/11g physical standby databases for redundant high availability avenues for a few sensitive applications within Confidential to regional data centers. Ongoing monitoring and annual failover testing is another on-going aspect of this project.
- An Oracle Streams 10g project/installation involved establishing two databases for one application project. One an OLTP based database servicing call center applications and field maintenance workflows. The other database is a data warehouse fed from the first via Streams 10g. Involved configuring and initializing Oracle Streams modules to facilitate continuous, real-time feeds into multiple data warehouses.
Tools: Oracle Database 8i/9i/10g/ and 11g; Enterprise Manager/Database Control; Oracle Streams, Oracle Data Guard; RMAN scripting; CA ERWin; Security Auditing (Fine Grain Access, Authorization and Authentication)
Confidential, St Little Rock, Arkansas
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsibilities include installation, configuration, and ongoing monitoring of a series of Oracle 10g and IBM DB2 databases servicing a web application product from Confidential Inc. to present public records via web services.
Tools: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Manager/Database Control; SQL*Plus; PL/SQL. Installed Bugzilla open-source incident ticketing software.