- Over five years of hands - on experience in Oracle Database administration. Proficient in Configuration, Patch Installation, Migration, Upgrades, Backup and Recovery, Cloning, Replication, Database Security, Memory Management, Data Modeling, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, RAC, Data Guard, Grid Control, Golden gate.
- Excellent experience in managing large-scale OLTP databases in HA and DR setups as well as 11+ TB Oracle 10g & 11g databases in Data warehousing environment.
- Experienced in Installation of high availability RAC environment (2, 3 and 4 node clusters) and upgraded standalone databases to 11g RAC environment.
- Experience in migration/consolidation of databases using Oracle 12c multitenant
- Planned disaster recovery scenarios with different recovery procedures and methods like Data Guard & Standby Database, refreshing/cloning databases for the testing/developing purpose.
- Cross platform migration/upgrade of databases from 10g to 11g using transportable tablespaces from Linux to HP-UX
- Experience in installation and support OEM Grid control 10G/11G/12c as well as maintenance of Database Security using auditing.
- Expert in Backup & Recovery using Data Pump, Hot, Cold, Logical and RMAN as well as using 10g features like 10g RMAN, Data pump,Flash-Back Recovery and ASM.
- Planned and implemented high availability solutions such as Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Oracle 11gR2 Grid and 10g on ASM and OCSF2 file systems.
- Skilled in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump, Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Developed Shell Scripts to Automate RMAN Backups, Hot/Cold backups, Imp/Exp, Datapump and Schema Refresh, and Production to Dev/Stage Sync up etc.
- Expertise in Performing Database Tuning - Tuning involved I/O, Memory, CPU utilization, SQL Tuning, SGA tuning, Shared Pool tuning, Buffers and Disk I/O tuning using Oracle's regular performance tuning tools like Explain Plan, STATSPACK (perfstat), SQL*Trace, TKPROF.
- Configured Manager, Replicate and Extract processes and implemented unidirectional, bidirectional replication using Oracle 11g Golden Gate on RHEL 5 platform.
- UNIX Systems Administration - Database and application integration efforts. Heavy UNIX shell scripting, CRON jobs.
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x.Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10, Windows 95/98/NT/2000
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM. Toad, Putty, NX client, Winscp, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, Team Viewer, LogMeIn and Cisco VPN Client
Database Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application Cluster, ASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, DataPump, Export, Import.
Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Groton, CT
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Oracle 10g and 11gR2 on Linux and also Upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g as well as GoldenGate 12c software.
- Configure GoldenGate Downstream Mining and Integrated components for Active-Passive and Active-Active replication and ensure GoldenGate High Availability using Oracle DBFS and Active DataGuard.
- Table refreshes and schema refreshes using Datapump, expdp and impdp.
- Database refreshes using expdp, impdp, RMAN Duplicate and cloning.
- Used RMAN Duplicate and HOT/COLD backups to migrate the data from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
- Created a standby database using RMAN Duplicate to reduce the down time for the PROD database during the migration process.
- Plan and schedule Backups and restoration strategy, taking Logical Backups (with Export/Import Data pump utilities).
- Installed and configured EM Central Grid control (OEM Grid) to administer and manage large number of databases and enterprise wide targets.
- Manage agents using emctl utility and creating incident rules in enterprise manager 12c
- Implemented Dataguard, creating both logical and physical standby databases in 10g and 11g RAC environment for production database
- Successfully rebuilt a 2-node RAC databases due to a SAN crash and recovered the 4-node production database after the SAN recovered with latest RMAN backups.
- Configure administration groups and create template collections in OEM 12c Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning, oracle contention and monitored production database using automatic workload repository (AWR), automatic database diagnostic monitor (ADDM) and Active Session History (ASH).
- Collaborate with Oracle developers to improve performance in Applications in writing the Packages, Triggers and Indexes on the tables.
- Perform SQL tuning and Database performance tuning based on reports generated by SQL Trace, TKPROF, STATSPACK, Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM and monitor the database performance daily.
Environment: Windows, RHEL, Oracle 11g, Oracle RAC (11g), Data Guard, Oracle Grid Control, RMAN, ASM, STATSPACK, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*Plus.
Oracle Production Support Database Administrator
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 188.8.131.52, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms.
- Performed full & incremental backups (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10g Grid Control.
- Loading data from flat files to database using SQL*Loader, External Tables.
- Implemented Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Performed database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Implemented Flashback technology of the Oracle 11g, 10g along with Recyclebin for a faster recovery of the databases and database objects.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 11g, 10g 2- Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on AIX platform.
- Upgraded Database from Oracle 9i (184.108.40.206) to 10g (10.2.0.5) and to 11g (220.127.116.11) RAC database.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.