- 6+ years with profound experience in performance tuning optimization and supporting database infrastructure with high volume of transactions using next - generation high availability architecture solutions. Ability to work effectively as an individual as well as a team member.
- Possesses an excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as installation, database creation, sizing, backup and recovery, performance tuning.
- Experience in monitoring and managing of Oracle instances using Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM grid)
- Excellent experience in Performance Tuning and Monitoring of Oracle Databases on Unix/Linux platform using tool such as Tkprof, Explain plan, SQL Tuning Advisor, AWR and ADDM Reports and tuning of SQL scripts using SQL Trace, Explain Plan, and Hints.
- Thorough understanding and excellent experience in tuning and creating proper indexes according to requirement.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of Creating Users, Public Synonyms, materialized views, Database Links, roles, profiles, privileges, Audit Triggers and assigning roles to users.
- Hands on experience with RMAN backup and recovery as well as tuning of backup
- Excellent knowledge in Hot/Cold Backup, Recovery, Cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Applied Oracle Patches (CPU/PSUs and One-off patches).
- Implemented migration of Oracle 10g to 11g and 11g to 12c database versions.
- Upgraded 10g and 11g Standalone databases to 11g and 12c 3-node RAC
- Experience in Configuring Single instance to multimode, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) using Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Good experience of Installation and configuration of RAC (Real Application Cluster) on different nodes with ASM (automatic storage management).
- Implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases. Managing disks and disk groups with ASM.
- Strong skills in SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, UNIX Shell scripts.
AWR, ADDM Oracle Streams, RMAN, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Confidential, Amelia, OH
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for configuring data guard physical and standby database setup for high availability and handling synchronization issues between primary and standby.
- Configuring and maintaining Physical standby data guard for RAC and non RAC databases on 11g r2.
- Implemented physical standby database for maximum availability using Oracle Data Guard 11g with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12C cloud Control.
- Installed oracle golden gate 11g, implemented unidirectional and bidirectional replication.
- Create extract, data pump and replicate on production servers, splitting replicates for efficient data transfer between servers and troubleshooting extract/replicate abend issues
- Starting and stopping the agents to clear metric alerts and collecting ADDM reports in OEM.
- Performed various tasks on ASM, creating a disk group, adding a disk to disk group, making disk online and offline and troubleshooting issues in ASM environment.
- Done migration of non ASM database to ASM database.
- Managing three node Oracle 11g R2 RAC with grid infrastructure and set up Data guard for them.
- Monitoring, Troubleshooting RAC cluster using SRVCTL and TAF.
- Performed multiple cross platform migration from regular file system to ASM
- Performed database cloning/exp/imp to setup identical databases in the production and development environments.
- Scheduling and maintaining level 0 and level 1 RMAN (Recovery Manager) backups.
- Maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedures using RMAN. Monitoring the scheduled backup procedures for daily basis using crontab.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Performed Installation and configuration of Oracle 10.2.0.1 database on HP-UX platform.
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 10g/11g to 11gR2 RAC (Real Application) Database.
- Implemented and maintained Oracle 11g Data Guard/standby databases for switch-over and fail-over purposes.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Constantly monitor the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Datapump export/import utilities in Oracle 11gR2.
- Hands-on experience for various performance tuning issues using oracle enterprise manager (OEM)
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Applied patches 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4.
- Used scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers.
- Provided 24X7 support for all the production and development databases.