AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Team Collaboration
- Database Management
- Software Documentation
- Oracle Skills
- Programming and Development
- Global Software Updates
- Technical Writing
- Website Developer
- Office Supervision
- HTML Knowledge
- Customer Service
KEY SKILLS ASSESSMENT:
Database Administrator - Performed installations, patches, upgrades, backups, import/export, and tuning of the database system and environment. Created detailed technical documentation for the processes and standards that were developed and used to perform these tasks.
Software Engineering - Within a number of organizations, I worked on software development and engineering, helping to create new software programs, as well as to further develop programs to become more efficient and user-friendly. With a broad set of computer skills, I am able to accurately assess projects, develop plans, and follow through on project goals.
Platforms: Linux ~ Unix ~ VAX/VMS ~ Windows ~ Windows CE/.NET ~ SQL Server 2008/2012
Languages: Oracle Databases ~ SQL ~ PL/SQL ~ SQR ~ C ~ C++ ~ C# FoxPro ~ X ~ Motif ~ Ada ~ DecForms ~ HTML
Software: OEM ~ OID ~ OAM ~ Toad, Word ~ Excel ~ Access ~ PowerPoint ~ Quicken/QuickBooks, Follett - Library, Scoutmate - Boy Scouts ~ G-Scoutmate - Girl Scouts
- Hands on DBA training. & working knowledge of Database architecture
- Proficient in Oracle Database Application installation and administration
- Performed Oracle Database patches and upgrades; disaster recovery using RMAN, tuning of Databases and applications, backup and recovery using RMAN, import/export of databases
- Installed and supported Oracle ERP servers
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard
- Upgrade from Oracle 11i to 12g
- Install & set up of OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager); OBIEE/BIP; Weblogic servers
- System and SQL monitoring through OEM
- Worked with Oracle Corporation to resolve application/database issues by opening TAR/SR and monitoring them to execute action plans
- Project documentation, creation and adhering to standards of implementation and project management
- Teaching undergraduate level courses:
- Database Management Systems
- Database implementation and programming
- Distributed Database Systems
Operations Data Input Analyst
- ETL processing
- Receive “Big Data” files from clients (via automation, FTP, email, etc.)
- Create SQL scripts to manipulate, process information into a database and run reports against database
- Use and modify SQL scripts and stored procedures using SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012
- Use and modify Ab Initio to develop ETL processes that load into a database on a RAC Oracle 11g system
- Use of Linux for interaction with files created from the Ab Initio ETL process
ConfidentialOperations Data Input Analyst
- Hired as a knowledge base for the Golden-i device.
- Attended meetings with potential client/customers with Golden-i presentations.
- Created personalized demos for the client/customer with the Golden-i device.
- Answering phones/filing/copying/faxing as needed to help support the company’s goals.
- Responsible for bookkeeping, payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Skilled in handling logistics, invoicing, and shipping for the company.
- Organized the office filing systems to ensure efficiency and documentation when needed.
- Updated the office bookkeeping on QuickBooks to track expenses and income.
- Worked as part of a team on global updates throughout the entire system, including the year format change from two digits to four digits.
- Reformatted the reports produced by the updates using Oracle databases, PL/SQL and SQR.
- Completed straightforward changes, updated necessary documentation, and created new code based on other departments’ needs and requirements.
In-House Database Project/Maintenance Team
- Researched and corrected defect reports as received from customers on a regular basis.
- Programmed in C in a UNIX environment utilizing an Oracle database.
- Designed and developed in-house database system to trace personal information on Power Macintosh using FoxPro as database and language.
ConfidentialOperations Data Input Analyst
- Ensured the continuation of the MLS Project at Digital Equipment Corporation utilizing both Informix and Oracle databases.
- Designed and implemented GUI application using C++, X, and Motif in a UNIX environment.
- Organized and maintained internal schedules, team status, and a team "development folder" to ensure proper project management.
- Headed development of two user interface applications using Ada and DEC forms to access and RDB in a VAX/VMS environment.
Digital Systems Consultant
- Involved with the development of project coding standards following company standards and needs.
- Trained new engineers brought onto the project to ensure proper progress for ongoing work.
- Coded and tested user interface software using Ada, X-Windows, and Open Dialogue (A Motif-like X based user interface management system) on both Apollo and Silicon Graphics hosts.
- Wrote technical documents, managed documentation, and provided technical support for management.