- Over 10 years Oracle DBA experience in the industry.
- Oracle Certified Professional ( OCP ) DBA (highest scored 98% in North America in OCA exam) with extensive qualifications including Oracle 12C/11/10g RAC, EM grid control, active data guard, data analysis, modeling, designing, data formatting, loading, database create and managements (backup & recovery, security maintenances), infrastructure development with multisite networks, hardware/software acquisitions and configurations.
- IT professional, proficient to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate complex business systems that provide real time business solutions and increase organizational efficiencies/productivities.
- Master Degree in Computer Science & Engineering and having multi - tasking capabilities and enable to work in-group and independently.
Database: Oracle 12c, 11gR2/10gR2/9i, Confidential Netezza, MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, PostGreSQL10.x
Oracle Tools: PL/SQL, Oracle SQL* Plus, ERP Oracle Ellucian Banner 8.5 (major modules), Oracle RAC(12/11gR2),OWB, Oracle DB Vault, Oracle TDE, Active Data Guard, ASM, Oracle E-Business SuiteR12/SOA, DB Partitioning, Oracle XML Publisher),DB Modeling Tools (MS-Visio, Toad, Erwin, Designer, Oracle Developer suit6i), DBMS Tools ( Toad Oracle 11.6, Oracle SQL Developer4.X, DB Artisan9.X), Enterprise Management Console (12C/11gR2), Backups & Recovery (RMAN), Monitoring Tools ( OEM13C, Confio Enterprise Ignite8,, Fog Light, Oracle G.G 12C/11g, HP Open View) Ticketing Systems( BNC Remedy7.X/Magic, Service Desk, ETP)
ETL Tools: Confidential Informatica (Power Center Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor), DIH (Data Integration Hub), ODI (Oracle Data Integrator), Oracle SQL* Loader, Fast Reader Loader, Data Pump.
Platforms: Sun Solaris (5.x), Redhat Linux Server, AIX, HP UNIX, Oracle EXADATA Appliance Citrix XenApp 5.0, Windows NT, Scripting (ksh/csh)
- Provided day to day production databases operational supports (Banner 8.5/Non-Banner) under UNIX OS (Linux Red Hat 6.0) and Windows MS SQL Server 2014, PostGreSQL10.x environments.
- Clustered newly built production database (Oracle 11gR2 RAC on 2 Nodes in ETHOS Authentication Project) servers and applied vendor recommended standard patches.
- Created/removed user groups, profiles, roles, assigned privileges, authentications, encryptions and developing scripts for easy database administration.
- Created new batch/cron tab jobs, views, materialized views, synonyms, run stored procedures and packages as per developer request.
- Tuned databases and tested activities on developer provided sql scripts and recommending for best practices.
- Bugs fixed in running ERP (Oracle Ellucian Banner 8.5 version) modules to continue smooth operations.
- Updated existing running databases and WebLogic Servers patches (171017.10360 ) using available utilities and techniques (OEM, OPatch)
- Migrated 1gR2 to 12C and PostGreSQL10.x to Oracle 12C using available tools and techniques (AWS SCT/AWS MDS, Oracle SQL Dev. FSF etc)
- Monitored database systems performance using various tools and techniques (OEM13C and Spot Lights) and maintained database backup and recovery processes, data security/integrity, disk space requirements and database server performance.
- Performed RDBMS software (Oracle 12c/11g, MS SQL Sever 2014, PostGreSQL10.x) installations, configurations, setup backup/recovery and disaster recovery (Data Guard) systems in all three environments(prod/test/dev) as designed by the organization.
- Provided day to day productions database operational supports (Ellucian Banner 8.5 ERP) under UNIX OS (Linux Red Hat 6.0) platforms.
- Created/removed user profiles, roles, assigned privileges on the schema objects.
- Run batch jobs and stored procedures and packages as per developer request.
- Participated sql scripts/code reviewing and recommended for best practices.
- Worked with Ellucian support line for bugs fixing in running ERP (Oracle Ellucian Banner 8.5 version) modules (General, Student, Financial Aid, Finance, AR) to continue smooth operations.
- Upgraded existing Oracle databases from 11g2 18.104.22.168 to Oracle 12C 22.214.171.124
- Applied oracle quarterly released and WebLogic server released (171017.10360 ) patches as per vendor recommendations.
- Monitored database systems performance using (OEM13C) and maintained database daily backup/recovery processes, data security/integrity, disk space requirements and database server performance.
- Provided on call support ( 24/7 On Call ) in production database environment.
- Provided day to day Confidential operational Enterprise Production Databases (Oracle 12c/11gR2, Confidential Netezza, Confidential DB2) and applications supports under all three environments (Prod/QA/Dev) for ongoing business activities.
- Performed Oracle database servers’ software installations, configurations, upgrading (In place / Out place) databases and patching, set up backups, disaster recovery (Active Data Guard) and high availabilities(RAC) of the systems
- Monitored enterprise database systems performance, including running applications, user session activities, long running jobs/queries and managed workloads to ensure the healthy systems and resources are available.
- Performed database tuning activities, codes reviewing, SQL scripts testing, logs analysis; long running query analysis, bug fixing and recommended to release into the production.
- Migrated Oracle database from 10gR2 to 11gR2 and 11gR2 to 12C also migrated 12c non-container to 12C container db.
- Team lead in Confidential Oracle Exadata Migration Project 2017 as one of the technical expertise members, and analyzed migrated database applications performance issues, impacts and initiated changes related to Exadata Infrastructure.
- Implemented Confidential financial Corporate System Data Mart (CSD) development projects, the major tasks were under the project like cloned / created new databases, setup backup/recovery system, designed schema objects (profiles, groups, roles, privileges, tables, views etc.) and scripted for easy DB administration.
- Supported financial CSD running all applications (Daily/Monthly/Quarterly End running critical/noncritical jobs) to make sure jobs/applications run properly and data populated on the target systems, in case of jobs failure or aborts, did research on root cause analysis and fixed the issues.
- Installed and configured Oracle Golden Gate Software and replicated tables data on remoted targeted locations.
- Supported to developers’/business users/ stockholders required data movements processes (including MMIS data - Medicaid/Medicare) from single/multiple partitioned tables and locations under Data Warehouse (WH) distribution policies and agreements using ETL, PL/SQL etc.
- Maintained up to date change control documentations following Confidential operational standards and procedures to establish and formalize database infrastructure administration principles for Oracle, Confidential Netezza warehouse appliance and Informatica Power Center Repository etc.
- Performed weekly/Friday night database backups and financial data archiving.
- Provided on call (24/7) days assistance in troubleshooting applications and database infrastructure problems in order to restore business systems that have failed.
- Administered Confidential Informatica offered products and applications (Power Center Repository, Designer, Workflow Manager/Monitor, Data Integration Hub etc.)
- Provided day to day operational and technical supports for the databases (prod/dev/qa) and applications issues under Oracle RAC 12c/11g/10gR2 enterprise grid control environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained new created databases (Oracle 12C/11gR2 and SQL Server 2008R2-12R2, Sybase 15.x) required for development and testing purposes.
- Setup vendor recommended databases and applications monitoring tools Oracle 11gR2 Enterprise Manager (OEM), Fog lights and setup database health alert system.
- Setup databases high availabilities and disaster recovery systems such as Oracle 11gR2 RAC (2 Nodes) and Active Data Guard.
- Installed Oracle Golden Gate and migrated/replicated tables data to target sources.
- Monitored performance of the running production databases and OLTP, user connected session’s activities, locks, latches, alert.log, block corruptions, segment fragmentation, security threats, and tune databases when it was needed.
- Performed huge database tuning activities (systems and SQL query) using available tools and techniques such Oracle Tuning Pack, Tkprof, Plan Table, SQL Tracing, Stats pack, AWR,ADDM,
- Applied vendor released critical patches and upgraded database instances as per SLA.
- Planned and implemented databases backup (incremental/differential hot & cold) and recovery (RMAN) systems for all new created databases (test and dev).
- Monitored daily backups logs activities, verified and tested backup pieces using db verify utilities before sending to the secondary storage locations.
- Lead the team members (offshore applications developers) in WF-ICMP applications (Iowa farming mortgages and loans) project deployment and provided project progresses to the project manager during weekly meeting.
- Provided support for ICMP applications, mainly ensure that jobs were running on time and got completed properly, in case of failure or aborts or needed any parameter changes or values all done properly.
- Controlled migrations of all database programs (oracle 11gR2, SQL Server 2008R2/2012R2), especially database changing, reference data changing and menu changing through the development life cycle.
- Migrated existing old databases ( Confidential DB2, SQL Server2005, Sybase, and Oracle 10g/9i) to new Oracle 11gR1/R2 database environments using available Confidential provided tools and techniques like Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle SQL Developer, and SwisSQL.
- Initiated change management procedure and released new changes into productions and non-productions database systems environments.
- Implemented database auditing, data security and remediate high-risk violations in production environment.
- Evaluated the vendor released products, tools, and third parties running applications, hardware/software products to ensure that the site was running the products that were most appropriate.
- Administered all of the database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, materialized views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Scripted and wrote PL/SQL codes, stored procedures, created views, roles, materialized views, various DDL/DML operations to administer databases easily.
- Assisted with the impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoot regarding the problems and bugs of the databases, running applications and development tools.
- Provided on call support (24/7 On Call) in production database environment by rotations.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Performed installations, configurations, coordinating and administering databases ( Oracle 11/10g/9i/8i, Oracle Banner 8.5, People Soft HR/FS ) server hardware/ software, and setup backup & recovery systems as designed by the organization.
- Provided day to day databases ( Oracle 11/10g, 9/8i, SQL server 2012R2/2008R2/2005, Sybase 15.0 PostgreSQL9.x including HP large data ware house ) operational supports, maintenance and upgraded patches in all environments (prod/dev./test).
- Provided production support in Ellucian ERP Oracle Products (Oracle Banner 8.5 modules like Student, Finance, Financial Aid, Position Controls )
- Upgraded Ellucian released products versions and applying patching on ERP systems on time as per required tickets.
- Created/removed user profiles, groups, roles, privileges, authentications, encryptions and scripted for easy database administration (including Sybase user profile).
- Developed the daily/weekly databases maintenance and backup plans (RMAN, Confidential Tivoli, and VERITAS) and restoration of all critical systems and data, in terms of using disaster and recovery methods.
- Created huge number of new batch jobs, views, materialized views, synonyms and scheduled those jobs, stored procedures and packages and run them when needed in terms of end user and developer requests.
- Performed scripting and broken jobs fixing in Oracle/SQL server environments for running smooth operations.
- Upgraded database and application server (OAM) patching using available utilities and techniques (OPatch, addpatch etc.)
- Migrated databases from Confidential DB2, Oracle 8i, SQL server 2000 to Oracle 10/11G using golden gate, SwisSQL, Oracle SQL Developer.
- Provided on call support ( 24/7 On Call ) in production database environment.
- Assisted and supported end users and prepared Bible documentations as it transferred from test projects to productions (promoting), familiarizing with the expected performance and results of the applications.
- Provided supports for running oracle application servers (Fusion Middleware11g, Web Logic 10.3, HTTP servers)
- Monitored database systems performance using various tools and techniques (OEM Grid Control, Active Data Guard ), and maintained database backup and recovery processes, data security, data integrity, disk space requirements and provided reports on database server performance.
- Added new node to Oracle 10gR2 RAC and 11gR1 RAC environment (4 nodes).
- Tuned databases and applications and ensured best performance of the systems.
- Participated in the database promotions and data fixing processes.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Analyzed, designed, developed, and deployed implemented new Confidential Mobil Oracle Enterprise Database (Oracle 11/10g, 9i, 8i) systems.
- Supported in database modifications in all three (prod./test/dev including large data ware house) environments and designed structures.
- Installed new Oracle 11GR2 databases, maintained and upgraded existing databases, patches under various OS platforms (Linux 5.0, Sun Solaris 5.X/Windows 200X).
- Setup DB high availabilities, and disasters recovery systems (Oracle 11gR2/10R2 RAC, Oracle 11g Active Data Guard).
- Installed Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and monitoring agent software and added new created Oracle 11gR1 databases and existing databases into OEM.
- Created/removed databases user profiles/accounts and granted resources for smooth database operations.
- Installed and configured oracle application servers (Fusion Middleware11g, Web Logic 10.3, IIS Server)
- Migrated databases from Dv2, Oracle 8i, SQL server 2000 to Oracle 10/11G using golden gate, SwisSQL and Oracle SQL Developer.
- Migrated oracle 10gR databases (25 productions SID) from windows NT to Linux 5.0 servers using RMAN
- Provided 24/7 on-call support for production databases.
- Provided databases and applications technical support to Confidential Mobil users using Oracle Golden Gate 11.1.1, TOAD Oracle 10.7, DB Artisan, and Remedy10.7.
- Participated weekly conferences (discussed weekly progresses, incoming problems identification and possible recommended solutions).
- Kept up to date documentation and online reporting for the future references.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Provided 24/7 production databases (10gR2 4 Nodes RAC) support based on highly transactional systems under UNIX (Sun Solaris 5.X)/Windows environments.
- Installed and upgraded of Oracle on Sun Servers and applied patches as required.
- Installed Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), added hosts, databases, agents and setup database backup policies using OEM Interface.
- Monitored database performance and tuned running application when needed.
- Involved in data loading using SQL Loader/Informatica and data export/import.
- Performed capacity planning to protect databases resource shortage and running smooth operations.
- Upgraded databases from 10gR1 to 11gR2, as well as other upgrades from databases in 9i to 10gR2.
- Performed data movements from the productions to a test and development environment using Data Pump, data export/import and other third-party tools.
- Developed applications forms using Oracle Application Express (Apex 3.0)
- Traced and troubleshoot highly resource consumer sessions that slow down DB performance.
- Provided day to day productions database (Oracle 10g/9i) operational supports for Confidential clients like ATB Financial and Alberta Oil & Gas companies.
- Performed enterprise database (Oracle 10R2) and applications server (Web Logic 10.3) software installations, configurations, upgrading patches, database management and administrations under various operating systems (Linux, Sun Solaris 5.10/Windows 2005).
- Created user profiles, groups, roles and scripted for easy database administration.
- Approved all productions database designs and schema changes.
- Controlled all migrations (Oracle 8i and SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10R2) of the database schema objects and ensure the data availabilities.
- Performed daily backup & recovery system (RMAN) and VERITAS.
- Setup databases performance monitoring system tools (OEM 10g Grid Control)
- Monitored database performance tuning and others diagnostic activities.
- Provided On-Call (24/7) technical supports when needed.