- Confidential Tax Consultant with over 12 years of Tax Technology systems integration experience.
- The systems integration projects include Confidential systems such as SAP and Oracle a variety of tax engines including Confidential O series, Q Series and Confidential as well as Confidential upgrades.
- His technical configuration experience includes installation and configuration of all Tax components ( Confidential and Confidential Tax engine) including all aspects of the configuration necessary for Confidential and tax system full integration for AR/OTC and AP/PTP.
- Setup of SAP SIC / RFC /SAP tax configuration setup.
- He is hands on tax software functional tax rule setup and implementation as well as Confidential system tax configuration.
- Hands - on installation of the Confidential application, legal entity company setup, Tax assist rules, Taxability Mapping, etc.
- He lead the 1st successful US implementation of Leasing with Confidential Sales/Use/Lease Tax and had responsibilities for all Tax functional and technical integration activities.
- He has over 20 years of experience in technology implementations and an exceptional track record of collaborating with executive level management, business and technical team leaders and personnel.
- His success in tax system configurations are supported by multiple implementations including US, Canada as well as global operations.
Expertise: Project Management, Financial accounting, sales order (OTC) and procure to pay (PTP) processes, Reporting, Business Intelligence, Accounts Payable/Receivable, data conversion/migrations, US Sales, Use and lease tax, Canadian VAT configuration, VAT, line item and SKU tax configuration, tax exemption setup, Taxability mapping, relational databases, data mining, analysis, requirements, IFRS, TDS, Technical Specification, data management, change management, security, UAT, Risk Management, Audit, Business process & Data Warehousing.
Languages: Oracle PL/SQL, Confidential Transact-SQL, Unix shell scripting, Java and SAP ABAP
Software: MS project, Powerpoint, MS Office, Confidential O series(v7.0, 6.0, 5.0, 4.0 and 2.2) (install, setup and config), Confidential Q Series, L series, Confidential, TDM Mappings, JDE, SIC and SAP RFC setup, SAP ECC, CRM,SD, FI/CO, BW, MM, HR, Informatica power center, Erwin, Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, Business Objects, Access, XML, Oracle R12, EBTax, SQL server, DB2, Siebel CRM and analytics, ARIS BPM, Teradata, Clearquest, Quality Center, clarity, Visio, Peoplesoft and Cognos.
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, dos, Windows server 2008, NT Server, Vista, AS400 etc.
Engineering: Validation/Audit Testing (CMMI, Sox, Cobit, COSO),ITIL, Compliance, ISO 9000/IEE Standards, FDA compliance, Lean and PMO office experience
Industry Experience: Software, retail, wholesale, global Operations, automotive, banking, financial, entertainment, manufacturing, telecommunications, leasing, utility, aviation, pharmaceutical, biotech, engineering, e-commerce,life insurance, etc.
Language Fluency: English, German, French and Irish.
ORACLE/SAPVERTEXTAX PROJECT MANAGER/IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT
- Migration of all SAP and Confidential configuration from DEV, Test and Prod systems including application and database migration/cloning activities as necessary.
- Responsible for complete project management from project preparation through go-live and support activities including operations requirement, stop gap fixes while identifying project risks.
- Upgrade of Confidential O series from Confidential O series v5.0 through to v7.0 including SIC and other components.
- Worked directly with multiple business department requirements gathering for the Tax setup and addition of newly acquired companies including providing direction on setup parameters and strategy.
- Hands-on installation and integration of all aspects of the Confidential configured with SAP FI and SD. Involved in the setup of SAP SD components including the SIC, RFC and SAP tax configuration.
- Conversion of Tax software systems ( Confidential, Confidential Q series, Confidential L series).
- Performed multiple upgrades involving different version and different Confidential series Q, L, etc
- Performed Quality assurance review of Confidential Consulting work effort which required significant rework to meet Confidential configuration standards as well as best practice setup.
- Performed reconciliation from the Confidential Tax journal to the SAP GL.
- Oracle EBTax, Tax links setup and integration of Confidential with Oracle R12.
- Utilized all aspect of the O series application software including taxpayers, customers, exemption certificates, taxability categories and Mappings, tax assist rules and pre and post go-live support.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
SR. PROJECT MANAGER
- Technical management of project teams including Tax, Confidential consulting, SAP BW/BI, SAP consulting and development, Tata Consulting, and DST from initial consultation to inception.
- Managed the successful conversion of data from the legacy systems to new SAP ECC system using informatica, oracle scripts and LMSW programs.
- Ensured accuracy of desired tax calculation results for reporting, tax compliance and audit process.
- Identified and resolved issues with SAP, Confidential L and O series and SIC connection to ensure accurate calculations and developed reports for the reconciliation of Confidential Tax journal with the SAP GL.
- Provided timely communication, accurate and actionable reports on the current state of individual projects as well as the status of high-priority issues to Executive Management.
- Managed program progress - Challenged project teams to deliver on time, on budget and on scope.
- Responsible for identifying issues, management, development of contingency plans, prioritization and resolution of issues inhibiting progress or increasing risk.
- Managed third party vendors, including acquiring quotes, leading the negotiation process, and ensuring vendors are held to the objectives of their contracts and statements of work.
- Directed business users through the change request process; provided input and recommendations prioritization on feasibility of change requests including explanation of business/system limitations.
- Worked directly with Finance and Operations business users to interpret, develop and clarify requirement/configuration/enhancement details for implementation in SAP/BI/BW and Confidential .
Confidential, Seattle, WA
PROJECT/ ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
- Managed requirements gathering, design, development and testing for Boeing financial reporting systems which included the EFDW Oracle data warehouse and SAP systems.
- Technical architect for the finance organization, evaluating design and architecture of EFDW DW, SAP and other financial applications for business process, performance and security needs.
- Worked with IT personnel, SME’s and business process owners as well as 3rd party vendors to understand existing processes, integrate new controls/processes to meet control and compliance needs.
- Lead the redesign of company-wide controls for all databases, EFDW data warehouse and SAP.
- Consistently assigned to troubleshoot the highly visible and difficult projects, bringing them to a successful resolution which involved analysis and redesign of IT applications and business processes.
- Involved in the development of corporate audit methodology. Responsible for Risk Management and change control for IT finance. Worked with PMO to develop/deploy SDLC and CM processes.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
ENGAGEMENT MANAGER/BUSINESS ANALYST
- Involved in various short-term projects for Confidential compliance managing all aspects of the financial and technical areas for different banking and retail clients.
- Managed staff and reported project milestones to executive management and the board of directors.
- Coordinated the testing and subsequent remediation of the European retail operations center.
- Worked in all areas of the institution, senior executives and reported to CEO directly.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
PROJECT MANAGER / BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Project manager for various financial applications to ensure documentation of existing controls and remediation of new controls to meet Confidential compliance requirements.
- Worked cross-functionally with business and technology departments for requirements gathering leading to consensus and development and implementation of technology controls.
- Developed and managed strategic planning, implementation, timelines for project as well as communication and training of liaisons on Cobit, PCAOB and audit activities.
- Involved in high priority subject areas such as SDLC, data management, change management, Enterprise data warehouse, SAP, CPM, FAS 133 and ecommerce application group.
- Lead organization during meetings for problem, conflict resolution, and escalation of problem areas to senior management to ensure completion of project meeting project strategies and timelines.
Confidential, Burbank, CA
SENIORBUSINESS ANALYST/ INTEGRATION ANALYST
- Performed business and technical analysis for a SAP installation and star schema data warehouse. including requirements gathering and technical specifications for existing financial system.
- Informatica development, SQL server stored procedures and scripts for the integration of the artist payments financial system into a Data Mart and into the new SAP installation.
Confidential, Akron, OH
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST/ ETL DEVELOPMENT LEAD
- Business Analysis, systems analysis and requirements gathering for the population of SAP R/3 including SAP HR and FI module(s) from a variety of systems including DB2, Oracle and SAP R/2.
- A variety of analytical methods along with meetings with the business users were applied to understand the complexity and interdependence of the different SAP infotypes.
- Promoted to team technical lead, implementing business requirements using informatica for SAP R/3.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
SAP PROJECT MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST
- Gathered data mart business requirements for logistical/demand planning department..
- Chaired meetings for business users and information systems personnel for requirements gathering and determination of requirements feasibility.
- Implemented data reconciliation process between SAP R/2, mainframe DB2 and logility demand planning software to validate data moves using informatica v5.1 and Oracle.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
SENIOR BUSINESS/ETL INTEGRATION ANALYST
- Performed analysis as a result of meetings with the business users and developed functional requirement documentation for a Consumer Customer Data Mart (CRM).
- Lead the ETL development using informatica mappings for the population of various dimensional and fact tables of the Star Schema designs. Performed Logical design and the Physical Database Design.