- 7+ years of experience as data warehouse consultant responsible for designing, building and maintenance of ETL processes using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 11g/12c , Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) 11g/10g and InformaticaPower Center 9.x
- 7+ yearsof experience withfull lifecycle implementations of variousETL architectures that included data warehouse design, data modeling,database scripting, deployment of workflows with error/exception handling, migration, backup/version management, automation and scheduling of jobs, resolving performance and production issues following industry best practices.
- 4+ years of experience working in Agile and Waterfall project methodologies.
- 4+ years of experience using ERwin/SAP Sybase design tools and techniques
- 1+years of experience in Master Data Management (MDM)
- 1 project implementation experience onTaleo data dictionaries and schemasfor recruitment data integration.
- Strong experience working on ODITopology, Security Manager, Agents, Designer, Operator, Master/Work repositories andODI console
- Extensively worked on ODI knowledge modules like LKM, CKM, IKM, SKM and JKM
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse concepts and principles (Kimball/Inman) - Star Schema, Snowflake, Third Normal Form (3NF), Surrogate keys, Normalization/De-normalization, slowly changing dimension and slowly growing targets methodologies
- Advancedknowledge in PL/SQL - Collections, Stored Procedures,Indexes, Partitions,Packages, Triggers, Cursors, Oracle analytic functions
- Extensively worked on Informaticacomponents such as Source Analyzer, Normaliser, Aggregator, Mapplet and Mapping Designer.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle (SQL/PLSQL) performance tuning using hints, explain plans and optimizers.
- Strong experience in MetadataManagementand deep understanding of DataProfiling, DataCleansing and DataStandardization
- Hands-on experience with FTP/MFTP applications like WinSCP, FileZilla, TIBCO MFT and other file management services.
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g; SQL Server; MySQL
ETL: Oracle Data Integrator (ODI 12C); Informatica Power Center 9.x; Oracle Warehouse Builder
Programming Skills: PL/SQL, SQL, Shell Scripts, PERL, C, C++, C#, HTML
Enterprise Architecture: Sybase Power Designer, ERwin
Software/Tools: Oracle Business Intelligent Cloud Service, WinSCP, Putty, IBM ClearCase, Oracle Taleo Connect Client (TCC), Toad, SQL Developer
Cloud: Amazon EC2, S3, ELB, Glacier, Storage Lifecycle rules, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Red Shift, IAM Roles
Version Control: CVS, Eclipse, Subversion and GITHUB
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat 7/6/5, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Suse), Windows Server
Confidential, St. Petersburg, Florida
Consultant - Data Engineer
- Developing highly optimized low latency data integration solutions using ODI 12c.
- Designbuild and test end to end data solutions which meetsapplication/service requirements and performance goals.
- Periodically supporting a 24 by 7 production data platform which is consumed by multiple enterprise applications.
- Building code which conforms to standards and best practices.
- Collaborating with business analysts, data engineers, DBAs, architects as part of design and development of enterprise data applications.
Environment: ODI 12c,Oracle Database 12c, TOAD,MS Team Foundation
Confidential, Lake Mary, Florida
Consultant - Solutions Engineer
- Designed and developed ODI interfaces to perform ETL on data from custom flat files, Oracle EBS tables and Taleo recruitment files for loading multiple data marts in EDW architecture.
- Automated the end-to-end ETL workflows for daily/incremental loads, fetching/copying of sources files, errorlogging, and auditing.
- Built, modified, tested, and documented PL/SQL code, tables, packages, procedures, cursors, merge, functions, and database triggers in ODI 11g.
- Used ODI in-built scheduler to run Scenarios/Load Plans
- Implemented sub queryyellow interfaces in conjunction with blueinterfaces.
- Responsible for metadata administration, managed models and reverse engineering.
- Worked as Taleo integration developer for inbound and outbound of recruiting data that helped building talent and recruitment dashboards.
- Developed Projections, Sub queries, and Complex Filtering in Taleo Connect Client (TCC).
- Responsible for developing and integrating TCC scripts connecting various entities inside taleo.
- Responsible for configuration of end to end project lifecycle implementation for taleorecruiting.
- Administeredcode revision control,maintaining and configurationofcode check in/check out processes using IBM Rational Software: ClearCase
- Extensively worked in design, development and testing phases of various dashboards using Oracle Cloud BI (BICS)
Environment: ODI 11g, Taleo Connect Client, TOAD,IBM ClearCase, WinSCP, Putty, Oracle Cloud BICS
Confidential, Hyde Park, Illinois
Consultant - Oracle Data Integrator
- Designed and implemented ELT processes to implement business logic using ODI (Designer, Topology Manager, Operator, Security Manager, Context, Scenarios, Load Plans, Change Data Capture and Slowly Changing Dimension) & Knowledge Modules (Reverse-engineering, Journalizing, Loading, Check, Integration).
- Implemented ODI mappings and scenarios for extracting and loading data from a variety of sources including Oracle, SQL Server, CSV, XML source files.
- Supported theinstallation and configuration of repositories in ODI 12c.
- Implemented ODI mappings using subquery, aggregate, split, variables, re-usable mappings and odiRef Substitution API methods
- Created load plans to run the scenarios in a hierarchy of sequential and parallel steps.
- Implemented multi target (staging, dimensions, bridge tables and facts) ODI maps data from non-oracle sources.
- Migration (exporting and importing) of executable code across the environments (Dev, Test, QA and Prod)
- Extensively worked on rebuilding ETL code to implement university's employee budget and salary applications.
- Created, modified, tested, and documented PL/SQL code, tables, packages, procedures, cursors, merge, functions, and database triggers.
- Responsible for code maintenance, code migration across multiple environments for university's budget application.
- Extensively worked on PL SQL audit scripting and exception handling of employee and position data.
- Worked on Sybase Power Designer modeling system level architectures supporting multiple DW systems.
- Responsible for building, maintaining and loading the measure hierarchy tables used by Oracle Hyperion Essbase data models.
- Provided production support of existing systems, refactoring existing Oracle stored procedures
Environment: ODI 12c, TOAD, Sybase Power Designer 16.1, Putty, Eclipse
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Consultant - Oracle Data Integrator/MDM
- Presented the objectives and outcomes of MDM implementation for Maryland Education Data at the 2014 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference held at Washington, D.C
- Assisted in the Development, Integration & Test, Implementation, and Operations & Maintenance of an interagency Master Data Management (MDM) system.
- Responsible for documenting, developing end-to end Data Quality (DQ) and Master Data Management (MDM) solutions from detailed and high-level specifications, and assisted in troubleshooting.
- Designed ODI Mappings, Procedures, Packages, and LoadPlans to perform ELT data transformations
- Created Master/Work repositories, Physical/Logical schemas and Agents into ODI Topology Manager Tool.
- Developed and maintained ODI Topology including physical architecture, logical architecture and context.
- Reverse engineered source and target data stores using reverse engineering knowledge modules.
- Designed highly complex data cleansing storedprocedures, functions and macros for use inside ODI.
- Developed ODI specific ETL routines and re-usable mappings to perform data quality processes to standardize data, improve data quality, and provide Deterministic Identity Resolution (DIR)
- Designed and implemented standards from ISO, NCES, CEDS 4.0, SSA
- Implemented success and failure notificationstrategies into ODI ELT mappings.
- Developed Master Data Management (MDM) matchingtechniques and procedures natively in ODI.
- Developed complex ELT workflows in ODI for implementing PARTY model identity resolution.
- Define the upgrade process for OWB 11gR2 to Oracle data integrator (ODI 12c).
- Designed conversion mappings extensively using Topology, KnowledgeModules, Security, LoadPlans and Scenarios using Oracle Data Integrator
- Extensively worked on implementing Deterministic Identity Resolution (DIR) using ODI.
- Assist in functional and technical domains of Probabilistic Identity Resolution (PIR)
Environment: ODI 12c,OWB 11gR2, PL/SQL Developer, TIBCO MFT, Microsoft Visio, LinkPlus, ERwin
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Consultant - OWB/Informatica ETL Developer
- Analyzed complex educationaccountability, performancereporting and data storage requirements with end users.
- Prepared data models that support the creation of education data structures, KPIs, and ETL development using Oracle Warehouse Builder and Informatica
- Responsible for maintaining and re-designing on-going Informatica ETL processes into OWB for Confidential with high volumes of datafrom various schools and colleges of Maryland state.
- Designed OWB mappings to load flat files, oracle to flat files, flat files to oracle, oracle to oracle.
- Developed complex Informatica/OWB mappings and workflows. Worked in both environments simultaneously.
- Strong experience using Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and WorkflowMonitor.
- Used various transformations like normalizer, sequence generator, update strategy, rank, aggregrator, router etc.
- Developed unit, system and integration testplans and manage executions.
- Modified existing code to implement various ETL tuning techniques into present systems of MHEC Data warehouse
- Responsible for loading data into different MHEC data systems and assisted in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL- related activities.
Environment: OWB 11g, Informatica PowerCenter 9.1, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL Developer, TIBCO MFT, Visio, ERwin
Confidential, Windsor, Connecticut
Consultant - OWB ETL Developer/Admin
- Participated with business partners in design reviews, technical briefings and evaluated alternative system solutions and functional specifications
- Worked on Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) repository creation/configuration/monitoring, mapping/process flow development and deployments.
- Developed staging jobs where data from various sources is formatted, cleaned, summarized, aggregated and transformed into data warehouse.
- Designed OWB mappings using filter, splitter, lookup, sequence, pre/post process mapping operators.
- Developed/maintained ETL processes and migrating to different environments using OWB 11g.
- Extensively worked on OWB process flows and debuggingfailures.
- Involved in ETL design for initial and incrementalloads.
- Worked extensively in tuning SQL, PL/SQL and Stored procedures, identifying and resolving tuning issues. Implemented Indexing and SecurityManagement.
- Assisted in developing procedures for testing applications, working directly with IT Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Extensively worked on Unit, Functional, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible for writing shell scripts to schedule process flows and mappings with dependencies based on client requirements.
- Worked with high volumes of data, some tables having an average of 20 million records.
Environment: Oracle 11g, OWB 11g, PL/SQL, Putty, SQL*Plus, Toad for Oracle
Confidential, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Oracle Warehouse Builder ETL Developer
- Researching, designing, documenting, and modifying specifications throughout the development life cycle.
- Created and maintained process flows and schedules for loading data into the Data Warehouse using Oracle Warehouse Builder workflow monitor.
- Used SQL*Loader to load flat files and created log tables containing data with discrepancies.
- Used File Transfer Protocol (FTP) tools to transfer files from one server to other.
- Designed source-to-target mappings using Expression, Splitter, aggregator, filter, joiner, lookups, and operators.
- Involved in unit testing, integration testing, system testingandmaintained detail project documentation.
- ImplementedSlowly Changing Dimensions - Type I &II in different mappings as per the requirements.
- Extensively used data transfer utilities like Microsoft Visual Studio (TFS), Export/Import and assisted in content migration activities as necessary.
- Prepared ETL mapping and data migration documents for Dev/Test/QA/PROD.
- Created, tested and debugged Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Cursors and triggers
- Supported installing and administrating OWB-ETL application environments.
- Handled large volumes of data, tables having records of 80 million.
Environment: Oracle 11g, 10g, OWB 11g, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Putty, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL Developer