- looking for a software developer position in a challenging, diverse and team oriented environment, which will allow me to leverage my vast database, technical programming, education and communication skills to provide world class customer and operational excellence. professional summary
- Over 10 years of progressive Information Technology design and development experience with key emphasis on Oracle backend development and data warehouse management and testing. Over six years of experience specifically in data design, modeling and development using PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Reports, data warehouse setup, management and testing involving ETL jobs, and data analysis and reporting using tools such as BI Publisher and Informatica PowerCenter. Significant exposure to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in an Oracle environment, involving requirements gathering, architecting, implementing and testing (unit, integration and black box testing). Have a proven track record of successful collaboration with senior management, translating strategic objectives into systems and processes that achieved both short and long term goals. Have strong educational background and excellent interpersonal skills. Extremely thorough in work and pay close attention to details. Have developed estimates and mentored staff for complex systems that required multi - year development efforts. A dynamic self-starter developer and facilitator, who can work independently and thrives in teams as well as. Positive can do nature with a smile.
Oracle ERP Applications (Oracle EBS): Oracle Applications - 11i, 11.0.3, 10.7 (INV, BOM, AP, AR, WIP, Cost Management, Order Management, Shipping, Advanced Pricing, EDI)
RDBMS/Databases Oracle 11g/9i/8i/8.x/7.x, SQL Server, MS-Access, MYSQL
ETL Informatica PowerCenter 8.5.1/7.1.2/6. x/5.x
Data Modeling ER Studio
Languages/Packages Developer/2000-Forms 4.5, 5.0, 6i, Cognos, Oracle BI Publisher, 10g Reports 2.5, 3.0, 6i, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Oracle Discoverer, TOAD, Unix shell scripting, Sharepoint, C, C++
Operating Systems Linux, UNIX (AIX, Solaris and HP), Windows 2000/NT/98/95
Lead Oracle Developer
Environment: Data warehouse, Informatica PowerCenter 8.5.1, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Cognos, Oracle Forms 10g and Reports 10g, MS Access, Sharepoint.
- Analyzed the Data and came up with Logical Star schema model with the help of Data Modelers and Business Analysts.
- Worked with the Business analysts and the DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis, testing, metrics and project coordination.
- Designed, developed and tested all Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures to improve performance.
- Designed, analyzed, developed and implemented Web-enabled Oracle Forms & Reports based on stored procedures.
- Wrote PL/SQL packages to calculate missing information and determining eligibility in the processing of a medical/health families application.
- Designed the deployment plan to rollout the data warehouse to production and set up several business critical ETL jobs.
- Documented business rules, functional and technical designs, test cases, and user guides. Trained end users and business staff.
- Created Packages, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions in PL/SQL to transfer business logic onto server side and also to implement referential integrity.
Lead Oracle Developer
Environment: Oracle 10g, Oracle Discoverer (4i, 9i and 10g), BI Publisher, Forms 10g, Report 10g, TOAD, PL/SQL, Data warehouse, Informatica PowerCenter 8.5.1, Cognos, SQL Server, Sharepoint.
- Worked as Discoverer administrator including configuring EUL (End User Layer) so that users can easily access data in Discoverer. Also, worked with the sales and procurement teams to generate reports that aided in optimum inventory sourcing based on customers’ pricing, location, and timelines.
- Applied ETL methodology using Informatica PowerCenter to support data extraction, transformations and loading.
- Advised and implemented best practices for ETL in complex and multi-developer system including processes for code migrations and configuration controls.
- Worked with Business Analysts to define testing requirements to satisfy the business objectives. Involved in creation of Conceptual Modeling covering all the business requirements.
- Loaded the data into database tables using SQL*loader from text and excel files.
- Designed and developed many dynamic and interactive performance measurement dashboards, reports and charts.
- Integrated BI Publisher with OBIEE. Created templates such as Employee Account Attendance Detail Reports.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and SQL Scripts using PL/SQL.
- Worked with developers to repair and enhance current base of PL/SQL packages to fix production issues and build new functionalities, and improve processing time through code optimizations and indexes.
- Responsible for creating complete test cases, test plans, test data, and reporting status to ensure accurate coverage of requirements and business processes.
- Involved in extensive end user training including giving training on Oracle database normalization, entity relationship diagrams, and Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Mentored junior programmers in Oracle database design and development.