- Accomplished Oracle Apps SME / Project Manager with 20+ years of Information Technology experience, 18 of which was with Oracle technology through R12 including work with major partners.
- Possess a wide range of experience in finance, accounting, business analysis, and programming.
- Highly skilled in delivering Oracle Applications (E - Business Suite) solutions to meet business needs, including managing conversions, upgrades, implementations, analyses, roll-outs, and testing.
- Good knowledge of Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash processes. Implemented 2 Cloud Financials projects.
- Excellent communication skills. Agile Expert.Trained users on Agile methodologies
Application Modules: GL (General Ledger), Sub Ledger Accounting (R12), AP (Accounts Payable), AR (Accounts Receivable), CE (Cash Management), PA(Project Accounting), PCard, iExpenses, Alert, AME (Approvals Management Engine), AOL (Application Object Library), ORMB,FA (Fixed Assets), FSG (Financial Statement Generator), INV (Inventory), iProcurement, iSupplier,iStore, iProcurement, OE (Order Entry), PO (Purchasing),Oracle Property Management,Service Contracts, Supply Chain& Workflow. Fusion Trained.
Oracle Applications Releases: 10.7, 11.3, 11.5.7, 11.5.9, 11.5.10 & R12.2.x
- Conference Room Pilot Business Process Modeling
- Requirements Analysis System Integration Testing
- Project Planning and Management User Acceptance Testing
- GAP Analysis Super User and End User Training
- Technical Review Production Deployment and Cutover
- Application Setup / Configuration Post Production Support
Oracle Fusion Consultant
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
- Oracle Fusion Financials Implementation and support for Finance modules AR, AP, GL, FA, CM in R13.
- Design and development of BI Publisher Reports.
- Support for 18c upgrade and managed offshore team and Interface monitoring.
- Month end close issues and daily AP support.
Oracle Project Manager
Confidential, Columbus, Indiana
- Support for GL, FA,CM,ORMB,iStore,PA Modules ver R12.2.2
- Requirements Gathering for enhancements and OBIEE reporting.
- Stakeholder management, Risk analysis and Scoping for Project, Change Management.
- Budgeting, Resource Scheduling, Status Updates and Coordination with Onsite/Offshore teams.
- Process Improvement at the IT Department. Optimizing use of tool kits and testing methodologies currently in place.
- Evaluate new functionality needs and investigate areas of improvement in Oracle like for example use of Payment batches.
- MD50 documentation.
- Implemented Order Management, Procurement, AP, GL,,FA and AR in Cloud for one OU.
- Worked extensively on setting up new transaction controls and expenditure types for a new OU for PA module.
- Demoed the PA process from creation of a project to creating a PA invoice and thereon an AR invoice including the tieback processes.
- Fusion Financials-Prototype and Implementation of Oracle Cloud Financials all finance modules. functional consulting team with setups and configurations of cloud finance modules.
- Risk Management-Created a repository of foreseeable risks to the project and updated this on a regular basis on SharePoint.
- Resource Scheduling-Had to manage various subcontractor teams some offshore and monitor their deliverables and time.
Oracle EBS Project Manager
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
- Implemented FA, AR, AP, CM, PA and GL modules version 12.1.3
- Requirements Gathering for enhancements and minor releases.
- Project Scoping, Feasibility analysis, Presentations to client weekly on status of the project.
- Implemented Order Management, Procurement, AP, GLFA and AR in Cloud for one OU.
- Risk Management and Risk Mitigation. Expert in solutioning for risks and impact analysis of risks.
- Meetings with PMO, Functional and Technical teams to assess current state of project and drive the project.
- Clear any hurdles like resource availability. Subcontractor Management.
- Work with the Technical and DBA teams for any testing needs, debug errors in functionality.
- PCard- setup Payables and web employees credit card program, import credit card transactions, validate imported credit card transactions.
- PCard-Employee verification, manager approval or notification, adjust transaction distributions, create invoices,
- Cloud Consulting-Demoed and setup prototype for Cloud Financials. Explained cloud computing and involved in Super User training of Oracle users numbering 20.
- MD50 documentation.
- Support for Oracle EBS modules - PA, CE, ORMB, AP, iSupplier,AR.
- Worked extensively on validation of Oracle Projects data that came in from a Salesforce Interface. This was a major testing initiative for us. The Interface had to work perfectly to bring the Projects data in.
- During the monthly close, I helped debug errors in Oracle Projects and also helped streamline and improvise the PA close process by doing a soft close 2 days before the actual close to allow us more time to work on the errors.
- Schedule regular meetings with the PMO for evaluation of project statuses and also provide status updates.
- Budgeting-Monitor and allocate the spending within the guidelines setup by PMO. Had to ensure that any shortages in budget were minimal and had to substantiate with facts why they even happened.
- Stakeholder Management-worked with the Directors of each department to ensure all work was transparent and met the overall objectives of the project plan.
- Monthly close activity support
- Evaluate and implement major and minor enhancements.
- Work with DBA to apply any patch sets, run testing scripts.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Oracle Project Manager
- Involved as a functional consultant in the design, implementation and testing of R12 modules including; GL, AR, AP, FA, CM.
- Supported extensive testing and configuration in PO, INV modules.
- Client is migrating from legacy systems to Oracle R12. Conversion work needs to be validated and open balances imported into the system.
- MD50 documentation.
- Designed new FSGs after getting the requirements vetted by the users.
- Provided post implementation support and conducted user training sessions for Finance modules and INV,PO.
Confidential, Orange County, CA
- Complete a risk assessment project for Cisco for Finance and Manufacturing modules in an R12 environment.
- Business case is a divestiture of a business unit and the team is analyzing any business impact for specific data elements left behind in the books of the Business Unit that was divested.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Responsible for Recon for modules; Receivables, Accrual, Prepayment, Liability and Undelivered Orders.
- Testing on a large scale to support major upgrades or data fixes/Change Requests.
- Initiated work on a prototype for R12 which is due for rollout next fiscal.
- Coordinated with Technical Developers to meet business requirements in the design and development of reports and extensions for Oracle Applications.
- PCard-Created a SQL*Loader program that uses the flat file provided by the card issuer containing the credit card transaction details you want to transfer into the AP EXPENSE FEED LINES ALL table.
- PCard-Defined Card Issuer as a supplier, Create Credit Card Code, Define Credit Card programs, define the GL Account sets, define the credit card profile.
- Led end to end testing cycles for migration of new code, new functionality by working with DBAs, technical team and sharing the test results with the users.
- Designed new interfaces and debugged errors wherever I found them without the assistance of others.
- Delivered presentations on R12 functionality, prototyping using test data. Also presented to the client on how to handle legacy data, conversions from existing systems.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Maintaining Oracle Payables systems for this enterprise.
- Reconcile Payment information with Oracle GL and legacy systems.
- Design processes for end users to facilitate their daily functions. End user training was part of the job. Participated in analysis, design and configuration for R12 initiative.
- Requirements lead for a new data warehousing initiative that involved OBIEE reports, &Informatica Tools.
- Train end users in using the new technology by scheduling training sessions on Oracle and OBIEEE functionality based on user group preferences.
- Customized 10 reports during my tenure including end to end testing of functionality, validating data for accuracy and completeness.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Oracle Financials Project Manager/Lead
- Setup Projects Accounting, Fixed Assets, AP, AR, GL modules in addition to configuration of I Expense and I Time modules.
- Tested customized and very complex bonus payout codes and designed its integration to Paychex. Also worked on file transfer to GL.
- As Project Lead for this exercise meant decision making, working with the DBA teams and also Project Management. Successful go-live of all 8 modules.
- Being the only functional consultant on this project also did Project Management activities like budgeting, project scheduling, delivery tracking and in charge of ensuring that the end users received adequate support from the support team post implementation.
- Led this project from start to finish including Requirements Documentation, Design of the COA, customization of reports and end to end testing before go live.
- Confidential is a mid -sized consulting company so having done the setups and configured Oracle for a good 8 modules is an achievement in itself. Ensured successful go-live in a year.
Confidential, Lacey, WA
- As the AR lead for this Project, worked on setting up new transaction types that fetch data from interface tables from feeder legacy systems.
- Setup complex revenue recognition rules for a behemoth like Confidential and designed new AR interfaces to integrate with Order Management and Fixed Assets Led a team of developers for customization of forms and reports.
- Worked extensively on reconfiguring the auto accounting setups and the revenue recognition rules to point to product based revenue from cost center based revenue.
- Developed new Confidential reports and setup new cross validation rules in GL.
- Tested various XML reports that were customized to client requirements in Order Management. Production Support for various modules; GL, OM, AR, AP, FA.
Project Lead, Oracle Financials
- I was the project lead /team lead for the entire rollouts of UK, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.
- Led a team of 10 technical developers giving them functional design specs and rollout guidelines.
- Supported GL, AP, AR and PA modules for Kanbay India that were already implemented.
- Led the testing team comprising three team members to design test cases for any new patch releases and to test system functionality. I reported to my Project Manager based in the US.
- As an ERP consultant, the responsibilities included handling both functional and technical requirements in General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Project Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Worked extensively on FSGs, Receivables and Assets creating many user defined reports catering to management specific requirements. I was the leader of the team that designed activity based costing systems for management control and internal audit.
- My extensive financial knowledge coupled with my Apps experience were very useful. Was the design lead for implementation of project accounting module documenting the business procedures and practices.
- Extensiveinteraction with management and manufacturing departments to capture accurate cost data.Included defining cost bases, burden cost codes, resource lists, project types, defining project organization hierarchies and tuning the Confidential requirements alongside.
- Concentrated on rectification of some of the setups and modification of existing FSGs while also purging some of the irrelevant existing ones.
- As an Oracle Consultant for Motorola, responsible for supporting an entire Oracle Application production setup involving OE,AR, GL, AP and FA. The work involved development, enhancement, maintenance and working across organizational boundaries.
- In charge of maintaining close relationships with IT and business management on technical, project, and budgetary matters.
- Implemented work changes directed by the client through documented change requests with the concurrence of upper management.
- Responsible for detailed analysis and documenting the requirements of the Business process in order to implement system designs and changes in Project Accounting.
- Designed and wrote the INTERFACE PROCESS for posting the raw cost and burden cost separately to GL, which was not provided as a standard functionality in any form.
- Developed and Customized Reports and Processes in PA, AP and GL.
- In PA, designed and wrote challenging reports. Totally 15 new reports and two processes were developed. Some of the reports are listed below.
- Comparisons of provisional and actual burden amounts.
- Material and Labor balance audit
- Expenditure reports
- Raw costs transferred to GL
- Process for posting burden amounts separately to GL.
- In SYSAD, installed new printers to the application. This involved writing a very challenging printer driver argument script for formatted check printing.
- Developed the invoice import interface for AP.
- Developed the journal import interface for GL
- In charge of Oracle Application Administration/DBA related activity for AP, GL and PA modules
- In charge of team selection and recruitment for Oracle Apps team.
- Did case study on migration of Oracle Apps from 10.6 character version to 11i.