- Computer professional with over 20 years of experience in large - scale enterprise application deployments in the financial and telecommunications sectors with specialties in the entire Oracle technology stack including engineering, hosting and securing such implementations.
- Over 15 plus years of IT experience focusing on Oracle/MS SQL Database Management, networking, storage infrastructure with experience in the Financials ( Confidential ) and Telecommunication ( Confidential &T research lab) industry as application support Manager.
- Have a rich experience technical background and hands on experience. Application support team manager with rich hands on Oracle DBA/Unix Admin working experience.
- Manage the various environments (production and test) for various Applications.
- Moved internet facing applications to AWS and ported databases into AWS.
- Lead the IT projects like performance, migrations, upgrades of software etc.
- Mentor and allocate work to other IT tech(s) in different locations.
- Manage the team on site and off site spread across the globe.
- Response of application administration, operation, production support, change Management, On-call support and performance optimization.
- Implemented the ITIL standard model for the teams: Service Delivery, Service of Excellence and People for Managing and Maintaining systems. Create cost efficient, high performance platform by using virtualized environment.
- Follow the IT standard procedure and provided DR documents. Planed and participated IT DR testing
- Promote use of innovative new technology and best practices for BU or Enterprise-wide new product and solution development initiatives.
- Establishes infrastructure technology architectures, standards, test plans, design templates and governance.
- Manages complex technology solutions, problems and processes in an enterprise environment.
RDBMS: Oracle 12C11g/10g with RAC, Data Guard, OLAP, OLTP, DW, Sybase, MS SQL 2008~2016 (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS), Cassandra, PostgreSQL, AWS, MariaDB/MySQL, GoldenGate
Web application: Oracle iAS, Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss
Database Tools: OEM, RMAN, Data Guard, DATAPUMP, TOAD, ERWIN, Designer 2000, GRID, DBArtisian, Embarcadero Studio, Spotlite
Backup Applications: RMAN, Data guard, Netbackup, EMC, Veritas, Tivoli Flashback, FRA, Datapump. Online and offline backups, coldbackups, logical backups
Performance: ADDM, AWR, Explain, Trace, Stats pack, OEM, DBMS STATS, CBO, Mercury, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL profiler.
OS: AIX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris, Windows, Linux, VMWare, VMS, OS/2
Hardware: IBM, HP, SUN, Compaq/Dell Server, Amdahl, NCR UNIX
Technology: Internet, Intranet, RDBMS, EJB, J2EE, JSP, Servlet, OOP, Data model, Data architect & data security
Confidential, Bedminster, NJ
- Redesign the application/database for application enhancement.
- Working on the application performance issue. Redesign the new version of databases.
- Working on the new releases. New server builds and provide all the necessary tech documents.
- Designing and implementing the GoldenGate master/master replication among four DBs from different data centers.
- Working on the DB migration to Oracle public cloud.
- Planning/implementing the DB migration from Oracle to MariaDB and Cassandra.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Production support team leader/Sr. Database Engineer
- Saved over $550k last year for DB consolidation. storage reductions and archival projects etc.
- Manage multiple platforms, multiple location, and different type of database system such as Oracle, Sybase, and MS SQL Server etc.
- Design, install, patch and supporting databases and related functionality, providing the highest possible performance, availability, and database security.
- Drive continuous improvement of applications and infrastructure through the organization to ensure optimal operations, performance, and stability of services.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Service Managers, Project Managers, Architects, Design Engineers and Operations) to gather and develop requirements.
- Response and initializing the production automation, monitoring. Always focus the platform reliability and high performance.
- Deep knowledge with Oracle 10g/11g/12C databases and MS SQL 2008/2012/2014/2016. Excellent SQL & database Level performance tuning skills.
- Managing large databases ( >1TB .mdf) and transactions over 100K per day.
- Working on BANK's high standard security and provide data profiling, data classification, and data governance. Maintain the high quality data management, data security, data archiving and retention per financial standard. Performed our company first time (and yearly afterwards) DB audit with outside auditors. Documented the DB security standard and DB implementation procedure.
- Completed many archival projects by using partitions to keep the application high performance and maintain the archive data for bank policy and regulations. Maintain the data partitions & maintain and monitor the daily data transfer processes.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Confidential, Florham Park, NJ
Sr. Tech Engineer
- Experienced in project lifecycle management, planning, scheduling.
- Managed, planned and executed the critical technology initiatives.
- Driving innovation and creative solutions to business challenges.
- Endured the delivery of technology solutions on schedule and within quality goals.
- Designed and implemented data architectures.
- Built many applications and system used state of art technologies such as Oracle RAC/OPS, Load balancing and high availability.
- Ensured all operational processes are standardized, documented and enforced.
- Envisioned, planed, designed, and overseen the implementation and ongoing support of all databases and middleware software technologies including high volume OLTP environment.
- Developed, measured and reported on department goals and objectives.
- Oracle Server installation, Data Modeling, SQL*Net, SQL*Plus and PL/SQL, Backup/Recovery, Performance Tuning, Oracle Enterprise Manager, 9iAS installation and configuration.
- Unix environment and Shell programming, Solaris Installation and Jump Start, System Security and Volume Manager, Netbackup, NFS and NIS.