- Around 9 years of IT industry with emphasis on Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Management of projects using Oracle (Sql, PL/SQL), ETL tools and database administration.
- Worked as Consultant for Oracle’s banking product OFSAA in Oracle.
- Good knowledge on banking domain and risk management.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Strong experience in Data warehousing and ETL concepts.
- Experience with Data flow diagrams, dictionary, Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Strong experience in making use of TOAD, SQL *PLUS, PL - SQL Developer, SQL Developer and ERwin.
- Strong Exposure in writing Simple and Complex SQLs, PL/SQL Functions and Procedures, Packages and creation of Oracle Objects - Tables, Materialized views, Triggers, Synonyms, DB links, User Defined Data Types, Nested Tables and Collections.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Experienced in developing materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Experience in Dynamic SQL, Records, PL/SQL Tables and Oracle supplied packages such as DBMS SCHEDULER and UTL FILE.
- Expertise in Communicating with the Client to gather the requirements.
- Proficient and highly skilled in database debugging skills like performing reverse engineering in validating database results set like row counts and validation of data with source systems.
- Experience in implementing data governance standards in handling schema objects of database by reviewing with database architecture, business analysts and data governance team.
- Experience in database performance techniques like partitioning the tables, which have frequent inserts, updates and deletes to reduce the contention and to improve the performance.
- Proficient in implementing Autonomous Transactions Ref Cursor, External Tables and Exception Handling in a well-structured manner.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as tuning, backup, restoration and involved in disaster recovery.
- Strong experience of key performance related features such as - Query Optimizer, reading Execution Plans and query tuning using the tools such as Explain Plan and TKPROF.
- Proficient in modifying existing oracle forms and creating new forms. Design and developed around 20+ forms for an entire module.
- Experience in customizing forms and reports, as well as developing custom reports in using Oracle Reports Builder.
- Interacted with the business user’s collected and Prepared BRS (Business Requirement Specifications) document, analyze the requirements, design and recommend solutions.
- Experience on oracle utilities export, import and data pump to load the data huge data into the schemas and setting up development and QA environments.
- Experience on user management, Table space, data file management.
- Hands on experience on Data Stage.
- Experience on data migration projects and involved in preparing the migration strategy..
- Expertise in handling deadlock issues during the application processing.
RDBMS: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g and 12C.
Operating system: Windows XP/ Windows 7, UNIX.
Development Tools: Pl-SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL Developer, Data Stage, WinSCP, Putty
Version control: SVN, PVCS, WinSCP, HP Quality center, Remedy.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for validating the new setup environments and verifying the existing functionalities should be working end-to end. This involves verifying the connectivity with middleware, application performance and DB triggers.
- Worked on modifying the existing data model and application design to simplify the process and to increase the performance.
- Written complex oracle SQL queries with complexity using inner/outer joins, union all, intersect& minus set operators.
- Create complex PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for data extraction and data manipulation as per the Data Migration Mapping logic.
- Designed and implemented client-server application using Oracle Forms Builder.
- Coordinate with different level of team members and report to manager on the daily tasks.
- Create and update technical and functional scope documents.
- Involved and Coordinated with the modeling team to provide them with the necessary information and insight into data for creating tables, triggers, sequences, Indexes.
- Liaise with security team for creating privileges, roles & grants required for the project.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, Forms 6i, Reports 6i, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer.
- Worked on OFSAA Data Foundation and ALM module.
- Analyse and fix the data related issues within the environment and setting up the environment.
- Worked on modifying the data model using ErWin tool to modify the Physical model.
- Worked on modifying the Data Quality groups.
- Created and modified PL/SQL package stored procedures functions as per business requirements.
- Worked on batch execution, monitoring and analyzed and fixed the failed batches.
- Designed F2Ts& T2Ts for data load and designed data warehousing capabilities for the bank, for operational risk data.
- Involved in designing ETL procedures using Pl/SQL, F2Ts & T2Ts for data load into the OFSAA.
- Designing and modifying SCD and T2T (Table to Table) transformations in OFSAA to facilitate the flow of data from Staging to Results
- Ensured the correctness of data uploaded to OFSAA staging, development and production tables by validating it against the source system data.
- Conduct the ETL Process, extract data from sources and transform the data into the proper format and structure them to write queries and form analysis as well as load it into system
- Perform data validation using SQL queries and implement validation constraints, drew the Data Flow Diagram and Entity Relationship diagram.
- Worked with functional teams in designing and building the Business measures, Business hierarchies’ and datasets.
- Modified Business Measure and Business processes in Rules Framework to fix the data issues.
- Worked on technical issues by coordination with functional experts and analyzed OFSAA log files and fixed the issues.
- Worked on Data Management Toolset and Involved in installation and configuration of OFSAAI.
- Running explain plan for tuning the SQL queries.
Senior Software Engineer
- Created and modified procedures packages and functions to clean the data and to generate the data extracts.
- Created complex SQL queries for generating weekly, monthly and quarterly data extracts to others teams to load into their database.
- Developed views to facilitate easy interface implementation and enforce security on critical customer information.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Developed ETL package and related utilities in oracle and scheduled the jobs in UNIX.
- Worked on Oracle Spatial database and FME Workbench.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating tables, views, indexes, synonyms, triggers, functions, procedures, cursors and packages.
- Created programming code using advanced concepts of Records, Collections, and Dynamic SQL.
- Involved in the requirement gathering and prepared the design and mapping documents and test plans.
- Loading huge sets of data into Oracle database provided by Vendors using FME Workbench.
- Used pipelined functions for faster data accessibility and used advanced Bulk techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance.
- Developed Installation scripts for all the deliverables.
- Performed database cloning to create setup QA environment and maintained Dev environments.
- Created and modified the existing forms and reports, implement the business requirements.
- Developed pl/sql scripts for oracle reports.
Environment: UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer FME Workbench, Forms 6i and Reports 6i.
Senior Software Engineer
- Provide quality operations and support for production environment. Work with QA and provide support to provide timely technical resolutions for defects.
- Involved in the maintenance and enhancement of the application
- Maintained good rapport with Business Analyst & Business Users to identify information needs as per business requirements
- Document the business process flows
- Schedule meetings and present technical issues to business users and Application Owners.
- Performed discussions with data modeler to update the data model for new requirements and involved in design.
- Extensively developed complex PL/SQL packages for Invoice Processing.
- Designed/developed tables, views, various SQL queries, stored procedures, functions.
- Involved in PL/SQL code review and modification for the development of new requirements.
- Used Bind Variables while writing Dynamic SQL to improve performance.
- Worked on the issues raised by the user.
- Debugging the procedures functions and packages to fix the issues.
- Creating and modifying the database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, DB triggers, Indexes.
- Involved in Disaster Recovery testing and related documentation.
- Preparing the documentation for the changes made.
- Providing/ modifying the access level of the users as per the requests.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, SQL Developer, HP Quality Center, Remedy.
IT - Consultant
- Understand and analyzing the issues logged by the users.
- Involved in creating a new functionalities in the existing business logic.
- Created and modified database objects (Procedures, Packages, functions, triggers. Etc.) to fix the issues logged by the users.
- Worked on Build and release activities and responsible for releasing the application patches to QA team.
- Maintain version control tools PVCS and SVN for Weekly Build activity.
- Modified forms and reports as per the business requirement.
- Providing/ modifying the access level of the users as per the requests.
- Involved in build process to release the patch to QA environments.
- Understand and analyzing the issues logged by the users and testing and documenting the units delivered by the team members.
- Preparing the DDL scripts and modifying the procedures packages and functions.
- I involved in creating a new functionalities in the existing business logic by creating and modifying the database objects.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, Toad, PowerBuilder, SQL Developer, PVCS, SVN.