4+ years of technical experience in Infrastructural development of Hyperion Enterprise performance Management Suite of products (Essbase, Java, WebLogic, Planning, HFM, FDMEE, FR, ARM). I have installed, developed and managed various applications in Oracle Hyperion EPM suite, used rules file to create outline, build and update dimensions and members, used calculation scripts to calculate database data and data reporting on SmartView, excel and OBIEE. Worked in a constantly changing fast - paced environment, used Agile approach to plan, organize and track tasks.
Technologies: OLAP, OLTP, ODI, Rally, Teams, Slack, Splunk, OEM, OMC, Tableau, BPM, Salesforce, DocuSign, Adobe, Jira, putty, Telnet, Windows terminal server, OBIEE, SNOW.
Programming: Java, Python, PL/SQL, MDX, MAXL, ESSCMD, SQL, Unix, Calc Script, report scripts, HTML, crontab, Windows scheduler.
Database: Oracle, Essbase, RAC, OBIEE, My SQL, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2012, Mac, Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat), AWS, RAC
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, SmartView, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio, Appworx.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Hyperion Administrator/ Application Analyst
- Managed and led projects to Install and configure Oracle Hyperion EPM Suite on Linux and Windows servers which involved organizing in-person, WebEx and Skype meetings with team members to enable complete and proper installation of Oracle Hyperion Suite.
- Involved in Hyperion Administration and Development tasks.
- Design and Development of Oracle Hyperion Planning applications, Oracle Hyperion Essbase Block Storage applications and Oracle Hyperion Essbase Aggregate Storage applications of version 126.96.36.199 on Unix and Windows environments.
- Convert all applications build processes and historical data load from flat files to SQL tables across all business applications.
- Implementation of Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) upgradation from version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
- Migration of Oracle Hyperion Essbase applications, Repositories and Individual artifacts from version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 across environments using Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management System Lifecycle Management product on Windows environment.
- Integration of data between Oracle GL source and Oracle Hyperion target systems which includes extraction, transformation and loading of data using Oracle Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors through Oracle SQL Developer.
- Design, Implementation and development of Currency dimension for Oracle Hyperion Essbase applications.
- Optimization of Oracle Essbase applications with its process that were taking longer run time. Reduced process time to more than half of existing time. Optimization of Oracle Hyperion Essbase include Optimizing Essbase Cache, Optimizing Database Restructure, Optimizing Data Loads, Optimizing Calculations, Optimizing Reports for improving Oracle Essbase performance
- Design and Development of Oracle Hyperion Financial Reports, Oracle Hyperion Planning Data Forms, Calculation Manager Scripts, Hyperon Business Rules, Task lists, Smart lists
- Development of Oracle Essbase Load rules, Report scripts, Calculation scripts, Dense and Sparse Dimensions, Attribute Dimensions, Stored, Dynamic and Multiple Enabled Hierarchies, MDX formulas.
- Implementation of new allocation calculation scripts and optimization of existing allocation calculation scripts on Oracle Essbase Block Storage applications
- Performed enhancements based on Business Requirements. Modified member formulas, calculation scripts.
- Performing data validation between Oracle Hyperion applications and source GL data at various steps during the month close and troubleshooting, fixing data issues that come up.
- Good experience on High Availability / Clustering / Fail Over Concepts
- Hands on Disaster recovery Drills
- Specialized in Oracle Essbase Aggregate Storage and Block Storage applications.
- Expert in a installation and Configuration
- Extensive experience troubleshooting.
- Deep understanding of Architecture
- Expert in Oracle cloud migration.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve Oracle Hyperion Planning/ Essbase related issues - Proactive tuning, optimizing, and maintenance of the Hyperion applications.
- Extensive Experience in building end to end backup process for Hyperion Essbase, Planning, Foundation services and Workspace using shell scripting, batch scripting.
- Excellent analytical and research skills along with conceptual skills and demonstrated
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Oracle Essbase DBA/ Oracle Cloud DB
- Managed and led projects to Install and configure Oracle Hyperion EPM Suite and Oracle Management Cloud which involved organizing in-person, WebEx and Skype meetings with team members to enable complete and proper installation of Oracle OMC and Hyperion Suite.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software, Golden gate and related products.
- Actively involved in Installing, configuring and successfully setting up of four-node RAC data warehouse on Linux using ASM for high availability.
- Experience in Administering Oracle Databases 10g, 11g and 12c using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to actively monitor backup logs, alert logs, trace files, CPU and Memory Utilization.
- Monitoring Day-to-Day Backups, Log's & recovering them as per the requirement
- Installed, configured and upgraded Oracle 11g and 12c
- Applied CPU, PSU and bug fixes patches during non-business hours as recommended by Oracle for database performance issues.
- Used Splunk, OEM and OMC tools for monitoring, creating alerts, dashboards with thresholds and Key performance indicators for effective visualization, searching and reporting data.
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion, Essbase, HFM, planning and reporting.
- Experience in backups and recovery using RMAN Shell Scripts.
- Cloning, patching, upgrading, housekeeping, system admin, custom code migration and process automation on multiple instances in RAC.
- Used Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA), Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA) for upgrading Oracle 10gR2 to the latest Oracle 11gR2.
- Created User accounts, Roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the database based on the applications they are accessing.
- Performance and SQL queries tuning using AWR, ASH, SQL Tuning Advisor, ADDM, Explain Plan, Stats gathering etc.
- Worked with developers to diagnose database related application problems, provided development support to maintain application schema and distribution of data.
- Working on User Stories with the DevOps team till successful completion of Cloud migration.
- Creation of database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Users, and DB Links using Sql Scripts.
- Configured Physical Standby database for Production databases and converted Physical standby to Snapshot Standby for ACTIVE data-guard.
- Experience on documentation & presentation. Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing tools and technologies as well as changing business needs.
- Extensive infrastructure experience of various Hyperion products installation and configuration in UNIX and windows environments
- Ability to learn new tools, concepts and environments. Self-starter and Adaptive to new technologies.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities. Well versed with onsite implementation and support models. Have subsequent experience as Technical Lead in managing a team of onsite/offshore model and work closely with multiple teams, developers and users.
- Solid communication abilities, able to articulate and document technical solutions to clients, executives, vendors, and team members at all proficiency levels.
- Maintain keen awareness of new development technologies and industry trends. Expertise in knowledge transfer, and Project Documentation.
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills with an aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Actively planned and managed deployment of OMC Components, gateways, cloud agents, APM agents.
- Configured OMC Infrastructure monitoring and Log Analytics services.
- Installed and Configured OMC Gateway on multiple hosts.
- Installed and configured and upgraded APM and Cloud Agents on multiple hosts on all environments.
- Used OMCLI to auto discover hosts and Agent entities, associate logs; granted permissions.
- Associated and Configured multiple entities in error or “not heard from” status.
- Configured and discovered our Oracle WebLogic Servers, EBS and WebCenter servers using JSON files.
- Gathered technical requirements from SOA, DBA, Testing and Core Financial teams for OMC monitoring.
- Through an Agile methodology, I created user stories and implemented tasks such as: Configuring up to 20 dashboards and widgets to standard functionality. Configure IM alerts and notification channels to Email, Slack, Teams and Pager duty.