- Around 8 years of extensive experience as Oracle EBS Functional Consultant versions 11i and R12 in business process analysis, evaluation and integration of internal systems, postproduction support and End User Training.
- Expertise in Oracle Applications for various project types as Implementations, Upgrade and Production Support of Financials Accounting Hub, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and GL both R12&11i versions of Oracle E - Business Suite.
- Extensive work experience and knowledge in providing solutions, designing, customization, implementation, configuration thorough testing and documentation of Oracle Applications including and not limited to Financials Accounting Hub (FAH), General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Fixed Assets (FA), Cash Management (CE), E-Business Tax (E-B Tax), and Others.
- Multiple project life cycles experience with Initiating, Planning, Executing, Supporting and Monitoring. Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering including facilitate Workshops, Scope Verification & Validation, Alternatives Identification and Analysis, Functional Design Development, Integration & User Acceptance Testing, Training, Cut off, Go-live and Post-Implementation Support.
- Experience in System Administration activities like creation/ maintenance of users, creating responsibilities, creation of menus, profiles, value sets, flex fields etc.
- Extensive FAH experience to integrate external applications with Oracle GL through configuring complete Event Models and Application Accounting Definitions (AAD).
- Good working knowledge in implementing FAH for integrating various applications with Oracle EBS/GL for the client complex accounting needs.
- Authored various documents using AIM Methodology, which includes Business Functional Requirement analysis, Understanding AS-IS & TO-BE process, GAP Analysis and providing solution design and building RICE components as a part of fit gap analysis, System configuration and testing and developing (BP 40, BP 80, RD20, RD 50, BR30, BR 100, MD 50, TE 10, TE 40 & TE130) documents.
- Involved in Data Conversions/Migration and designed functional specific document of data for Suppliers, Customers, Assets, GL Balances, Open AP and AR with Revenue Recognition and unapplied receipts from Legacy System to Oracle.
- Provided training to the users on R12 new features on Oracle Financials Accounting Hub, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables modules.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and business processes, not limited to, but including: basic financial accounting process through period closing, revenue and Expense cash/accrual concepts, adjustments and financial statements
- Extensive knowledge in preparation of Monthly MIS reports, Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Good experience on AME Setup and implementations in 11i, R12, customizing and personalizing approvals using Oracle Approval Management (AME).
- Working level knowledge of various Oracle developer tools including Oracle Forms, Reports, Workflow, Conversions, and SQL etc.
- Good at usage of Microsoft Excel for data manipulation/reporting using Vlookups, Pivot tables and other excel formulas.
- Create SR’s with Oracle Technical Support, coordinated and followed on multiple issues based on priority including identifying bugs and follow-up with Oracle support team.
- Have basic technical knowledge in SQL & PL/SQL, Oracle Toad in Oracle Applications 11i /R12 tables.
- Worked in multiple vendor environments across different geographies in onsite-offshore model.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities with analytical problem solving abilities, plays vital role in coordinating multiple business meetings and following up on open items.
Oracle Applications: Oracle Applications R12 (12.2.4, 12.1.3, 12.0.6) Financials Accounting Hub (FAH), Accounts Payable (AP), Account Receivable (AR), General Ledger (GL), Application Object Library (AOL), Approval Management (AME), Workflow Administration.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Oracle Development Tools: Toad, SQL Developer
Ticketing Software: GITHUB, Team Dynamics, HP Service Center, Smile
Documentation Tools: MS Office, MS PowerPoint
Oracle EBS FAH Consultant
Environment: Oracle EBS R12 Financials Accounting Hub, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Workflow Administrator, XML Publisher Administrator, Oracle Toad, SQL
- Design of the functional solutions from file loading till posting.
- Worked on gathering requirements from the clients for implementing Financials Accounting Hub.
- Development of implementing end to end source systems like RMB, XAA etc.
- Knowledge transfer to client side developers on functional side of FAH and helped users in solving issues.
- Preparation of business requirements and BR100 documentation for all the systems as per the client’s requirement.
- Worked on functional side of FAH for E2E testing, UAT, Parallel and production support for all the systems.
- Loading data into FAH run accounting, post to GL, validate the data and worked with other team members for the free flow process.
- Closely worked with FAH developer in development, solving issues, handling huge volumes of data.
- Preparation of test cases for E2E testing, UAT and helping QA team in validations.
- Identifying and resolving issues in development, E2E testing, UAT and production support to SRO (production) team.
- Migration of all the functional setups from development to E2E testing instance and helping technical developer in migration of jobs.
- Data validations by comparing the FAH data with source or GL interface as per the source system and client’s requirement.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Sr. Oracle Functional Consultant
Environment: Oracle Financial Applications R12(General Ledger, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, iProcurement, EBTax (Vertex), Subledger Accounting, Fixed Assets, Credit Management, System Administration), SQL,PLSQL,TOAD, SharePoint, HP Service Center, Oracle Reports
- As part of oracle upgrade team responsible for supervising the process and functional design activities.
- Identified functional requirements as an input to application design.
- Performed user support analysis like research solutions to problems, answering client questions, providing consulting and training as required, tracking software and documentation issues.
- Manage functional Pre/Post Upgrade functional steps as recommended by Oracle 11. .x Upgrades.
- Evaluating the Upgrade process (including development of a comprehensive business case), prepared the Upgrade project plan.
- Performed the technical upgrade and performed functional Testing (including conference room pilots/test rounds).
- Identified standard system functionality, analyzed GAP document and designed solutions for GL & AP, PO depending on Business requirement.
- Defined payment terms, Accounting Rules, Accounting Periods and Invoice Sources.
- Resolved many accounting related Recon issues which are included like encumbrance accounting and accrual accounting.
- Defined Bank information, receivables quick code, auto invoice grouping rules, transaction types.
- Conducted several user-training sessions on the system upgrade tasks- Trained in Sub Ledger Accounting, Budgets, Encumbrances and terminology changes from 11i to R12.
- Responsible for preparing upgrade plan for GL, AP, PO, AR, and I-Expenses with all customizations and form personalization.
- Investigated the current system (11i) and provided the better solutions as per the business requirements.
- Worked with Concur, a Travel & Expense management company, to integrate their services with the R12 Payables under aggressive time constraints
- Reviewed the client's existing iPayment integration, conducted requirements gathering sessions and established the design approach from a functional and technical standpoint.
- Involved in all EB TAX setups for INPUT and OUTPUT taxes for Payables and Receivables Modules.
- Facilitating end-user training and developing the various users training manuals and conducted the UAT sessions.
- Analyzed the requirements/process issues and designed a business process to meet the functional requirements for enhancements, Period End closing and production issues.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Oracle FAH Consultant
Environment: Oracle Financial Applications R12(Financials Accounting Hub, General Ledger, Account Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, AME, Credit Management, JIRA, SQL, TOAD, CSS, SharePoint, MS Visio
- As part of the implementation team during the implementation of Financials Accounting Hub, General Ledger, Account Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Cash Management within Oracle EBS R12.1.3, extensively worked on design, configuration, testing and roll out.
- Designed many custom interfaces and processes to work with the client's highly-customized R12 environment, which centered on a custom Journal Portal built with FAH.
- Designed Oracle FAH to process and account interfaces from multiple external billing systems.
- Designed various interfaces to feed oracle GL through FAH, while maintaining thin General Ledger.
- Configured Accounting Flexfield Segment values, Cross Validation rules and security rules to restrict the usage of departments and companies belonging to one Company by the other in sub ledger transactions.
- Authored BR30 Business Requirement, BR100 Application setup and MD50 Fuctional Specification Documents for Payables, Receivables, Order Management, Payments and Ecommerce Gateway.
- Configured the Cash management module for GL Accounts Mapping, setting up transaction codes, BAI2fileupload, and customization of out file as per the bank requirements, automatic transmission and import of bank files, End to End process cycle of iSupplier, reporting, bank reconciliations.
- Work with Implementation Team and gain thorough understanding of Oracle R12 design for sub ledgers, FAH, AGIS.
- Configured banks, bank accounts and documents for different needs like AP processing.
- Developed approval rules based on invoice amount for the following transaction type Payables Invoice Approval using Oracle Approval Management (AME) and configured action types, actions and set up the profile option to work for Payables only and also the required setup through Payables Options form.
- Worked on Vendor sourcing rules, Blanket Purchase Agreements and Purchase Order Release methods in Oracle Purchasing.
- Worked with customers to gather requirements and setup Customer workbenches, transaction types, Transaction Sources, Auto accounting, Revenue Recognition policy, bank setups, Payment methods, Approval limits, Receipt work bench, and month end closing for Account Receivables and bank reconciliation.
- Worked on AP/AR Netting, ERS transactions setups and related issues.
- Designed and implemented Back to Back Sales Order Process, integrating with Purchasing and customizing various forms and interface process as per business requirement.
- Designed and configured Custom extension using Order Management processing constraints to restrict cancellation or updates of a Sales Order once the Purchase Order is created for a Back to Back process.
- Involved in defect fixing of custom workflows like OM export compliance, Return Merchandise notification, and credit management.
- Worked on the design of FAH (Financials Accounting Hub) for future deployment.
- As per client's requirement developed reports like Sub Ledger Accounting Report (SLA) using XML Publisher.
- Resolved issues related to payment processing, payment authorization and suppliers.
- Resolved the issues on Sub inventory transfer and Inter-Org transfer in Inventory Module.
- Troubleshooting and fixing the issues in Order management application - Customer Credit Check, Backordering, Return Material Authorization issues.
- Prepared TE040Documents, which are used to test various aspects of application functionality.
- Defector solution and End-to-End Functional testing of the Standard and customized process.
- Successfully executed CRP1, CRP2, and UAT. Provided post production support for the end users after go-live.
- Provided with useful training to the users in FAH, and General Ledger Modules.
Oracle Applications Functional Analyst
Environment: Oracle Applications 11.5.9/R12 (AP, AR, GL, PO, INV, OM), SQL*Developer, Share-Point, HP Quality Center, Clear Case, AIM Methodology, UPK Knowledge Center.
- Assisted the client with the functional aspects of upgrade from 11i to R12 in General Ledger, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Order Management, Inventory and the Self-Service Modules Like iExpenses, iProcurement and iSupplier from end to end process cycle, month end close and reconciliation activities
- Played significant role in the Upgrade Patch set analysis in identifying the impacted components.
- Resolved critical issues on FSGs, multi-org setup, Subledger Accounting and GL closing during the upgrade
- Implemented GST changes in multiple Operating Units
- Prepared setup documents and setup all existing applications GL, AP, AR and Taxes
- Involved in the production support of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable modules.
- Designed new Intercompany transaction model in AR and Improved Collection process for Intercompany transactions using new features of Advanced Collections in R12.
- Designed a new model for commercial Collections transaction.
- Resolved application issues related R12 upgrade, configure and document BR100 and procedural changes
- Re-defined all the Auto Invoice import request sets in R12.0.6 for more than 5 Operating Units based on the Currency.
- Implemented new functionality for automating manual processes, including but not limited to Consolidation, Web-ADI spreadsheet Uploads, Recurring Journals, Recurring Invoices, PPR templates etc.
- Implemented Payments Funds capture process in R12.0.6 and implemented SFTP configuration with Chase Payment. Defined Routing Rules based on the transaction type and currency.
- Extensively worked on Multi Currency Conversion setup in Purchasing and Order Management Applications.
- Developed Expense Report Templates.
- Upgraded Sub Ledger Accounting Data for client’s auditing needs in phases.
- Prepared test scenarios and guide the users and resolve issues during different phases of testing
- Worked and resolved the issues on Drop Shipment, Internal Sales Order in Order Management application.
- Provided pre-Upgrade and post-Upgrade support for financial modules.
- Coordinated and monitored Month End closing process.
- Analyzed CEMELIS with the help of technical resource resolved various compatibility issues and migrated objects to the new R12 instance.
- Troubleshoot issues, including creation/follow-up of Oracle service requests (SRs). Conduct quality reviews of code developed by other development staff.
- Involved in direct interaction with the business users and collecting information required for resolving issues.
- Participate in the project status meetings and various stages of project planning, issue status, go-live planning and detailed go-live technical/functional tasks
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions for the team members in the functional areas of known modules
- Configured Auto Invoice Import program and completed Order to Cash cycle.
- Created/supported end-to-end processes for: Order to Cash (O2C) reporting improvements.
- Authored high quality end user training documentation for Oracle Financials (GL,AP,PO, iProcurement, AR and BI) and delivered end-user training session for the change functionality via Web using Oracle UPK 12.1 w/ Knowledge Center
- Working in collaboration with Oracle Support, fixed issues related to Payables payment processing.
- Developed and Executed the Test cases/scripts on HP Quality Center for Smoke, Functional, System, Regression, Integration, Performance and UAT.
- Tested end to end flow of Order to Cash cycle (O2C).
- Tested many patches for R12.2.4 version and documented issues and resolution
- Supported Interfaces with SOA in 11i PRD and R12 development for upgrade.
- User training on Cash Management module on clearing checks and Bank setups and Accounts Maintenance
- Involved in the Bridge Calls during Cut-over/ Go-live phase.
Oracle Support Specialist
Environment: Oracle Applications 220.127.116.11 (AP, AR, PO, OM, INV, GL), TOAD, Reports 6i, Forms 6i.
- Worked as an active member of Support Team for modules GL, AP, AR and CM
- Involved in functional analysis and resolution of complex tickets on a daily basis with strict adherence to Subledger Accounting.
- Perform detailed root-cause-analysis of production issues and coordinate with business users explaining & educating them on issues and functionalities.
- Identified SR’s as GAP’s that needed customization and reviewed with management with GAP analysis document
- Customized the Invoice Aging and Customer Balance Report in AP.
- Provided production support for 11i SCM (Inventory, Purchasing, Sourcing, iProcurement)
- Resolved issues related to payment processing, payment authorization, and suppliers.
- Supported Procure to pay issues during month end performing additional configurations.
- Provided support on purchasing issues like PO’s stuck in workflows & maintenance of purchasing hierarchies.
- Involved in Procure-to-Pay process (P2P) for resolving various issues related to creating requisitions, PO, confirming the Receipt, creating Invoices, Paying the supplier and Transferring to GL.
- Resolved issues related to credit card refund, return, bills only, freight charge return, credit card authorization, consolidated invoicing and receivables.
- Reporting to Management on the status of the developments and directly interacting with clients to resolve the issues and coordinating with Technical Team on deliverables
- Supporting of existing RFP’s and working on them.
- Coordinating with Onshore development and Functional Team to resolve Issues.
- Designed and implemented Back to Back Sales Order Process, integrating with Purchasing and customizing various forms and interface process as per business requirement.
- Involved in Data Conversions, Developed customizing reports and interfaces in GL Module i.e. Journals importing from mainframe legacy system using Data Loader.
- Designed, documented and implemented Interface programs to import ITEMS from a legacy system into Oracle Inventory.
- Prepared TE040 Documents, which are used to test various aspects of application functionality.
- Provided User training on one to one basis and also in group mode.
- Created, monitored, followed up and closed the Service Request (SR) with Oracle Support.
Financial Business Analyst
Environment: Reconciliation, C-Star, Mainframes
- Responsible for assisting senior analysts in various accounting and financial management duties.
- Gathering and analyzing market data, as well as drafting financial reports.
- Preparation of monthly accounting statements, analysis of internal financials, monitoring budgets, and documenting variances.
- Analyze and interpret financial and market data to provide logical, repeatable explanations.
- Prepare financial reports on market trends, customer analysis, statistics, costs and margin structures.
- Analyze business processes and procedures to identify areas of weakness; offer solutions to improve operations.
- Create and design specifications as requested by sales and account management unit.
- Carryout analysis of requirements by checking for derived requirements that are logical to customers’ requests.
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends.
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives.