- Around 6 years IT working experience, and more than 5 years oracle database administration experience supporting a variety of mission critical applications in enterprise and production environment.
- Experience in planning, design, install, configure, perform upgrade and maintain oracle 9i, 10g, 11g (release 1 and 2) and 12c across multiple platforms, like Sun Solaris, RHEL, AIX, and HP - UX.
- Proficient in Install, upgrade, clone, administrate, patch and troubleshoot oracle databases.
- Thorough knowledge of various Oracle tools like OEM with management pack, RMAN, SQL Loader, Statspack, AWR, SQL trace to perform day to day job.
- Proficient in installation, configuration, administration, patching and maintenance of ORACLE 10g/11g/11gr2/12c RAC multi-node cluster and add/remove node as per need.
- Configure, implement, maintain and troubleshoot errors of physical and logical standby databases DataGuard .
- Replication, extract and apply on production using Golden Gate.
- Installation and maintenance of OEM 11gr2/12c Database & Grid control for database monitoring, performance and diagnostics.
- Oracle database implementation, configuration, administration.
- Configuring and implementing ASM and proficiency in using ASMCMD and ASMLIB, Flashback Technology.
- Logical and physical data modeling and database design using Oracle Designer.
- Backup and Recovery strategy development (hot / cold) and implementation with through understanding of Database Recovery Scenarios.
- Proficient in UNIX and Linux Shell Scripting, Oracle Net, TCP/IP, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers and PL/SQL programming.
- Security management using auditing, performance monitoring / tuning / troubleshooting on various levels, storage management, data migration from other databases to Oracle, Oracle/Crystal Reports and Cloning & Replication of Oracle Dat1abases.
- Complete Oracle lifecycle experience from concept to design, architecture, hardware selection, installation & patches, configuration, database security & space management, performance monitoring & tuning, data integrity, backups & recovery planning and 24 x 7 supports.
Tools: DBCA, OEM Grid Control, RMAN, RAC, PL-SQL Developer, OWB 11gR2, DB Tools, OTM, TSM, GoldenGate.
DBMS: Oracle 10g, 11gR1/2, 12cR1, Oracle EBS, MSSQL, MS Access, MySQL.
Languages/Platforms: Forms/Reports,Designer, Import/Export/DataPump, SQL, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, C/C++, Perl/Shell programming, Python
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, Linux, UNIX, DOS, Windows 2003/2000
Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Sterling VA
- Performed fresh Installation, Configure, Administrate and Maintained Oracle 11gr2/12cR1 databases.
- Participated in oracle 12c upgrade, administration and golden gate training from oracle.
- Performed Oracle Grid Infrastructure, database upgrade from 11gr2 to 12cR1 by command line and Golden Gate.
- Created step by step instruction checklists/documents for database design, installation, patching, upgrade and administration.
- Worked closely with project managers, middleware tools teams, testers and developers to provide best application performance.
- Provided access of database and grant required permissions and audited actions of tools & testing team.
- Involved in analysis and development of data warehousing applications.
- Setup auto alerts and corrective action jobs from OEM and LDAP.
- Implemented user and object level security, data encryption, data masking, fain grained auditing using DBMS packages.
- Performed database and SQL tuning to lessen performance impact after oracle 12c upgrade.
- Performed large batch jobs and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Provided assistance to client in database configuration and administration.
- Configured and maintained Production database replication to client site using Golden Gate.
- Used effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement.
- Performed adding/removing a node on test server cluster for production POC and added node on Production Environment for high availability.
- Used data-guard to minimize downtime in Production server upgrade project.
- Used active database, ASM Copy, RMAN and Data Pump to copy/create database for development/testing team.
- Involved in designing, assembly and tuning of database for development teams.
- Performed installation, upgrade, patching and configuration of OEM Cloud Control and Agents for database, RAC monitoring and data masking.
- Scheduled auto maintenance and corrective actions jobs in OEM to reduce
- Supported oracle installation, configuration, patching, database backups and assistance to developer with oracle and OWB issues, also add, remove, configure, support OWB workspace and troubleshoot OWB services when necessary.
- Written K/Bash shell scripts for auto monitoring, backup validations and other corrective action tasks.
Environment: Oracle 11gR1/2, 12cR1, Grid Infrastructure 11gr2, 12cR1, MSSQL 2k3/8, Golden Gate,RAC, OMS 12c, OWB, SQL Developer, Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
- Performed fresh Installation, Configure and Administrate Oracle 11g.
- Supported the application and GUI team to design and develop data models for the current and future CRM applications.
- Develop documentation related to design, build, deploy and maintenance best practice for databases.
- Design / Develop / Deploy logical and physical model into various environments to support application Dev-Prod-CRM launch related activities
- Conducted data model reviews with project team members and client.
- Worked closely with project managers, programmers and testers to database integrity and security and generated test data and tested new database consistency with existing database to meet the functionalities requirements.
- Performed Change Control Process
- Prepared documentation, following process and procedures
- Created and modified triggers, cursors, functions and procedures.
- Experienced with logical and physical data modeling and database design using Oracle Data Modeler.
- Performed migration between MySQL-Oracle and loaded the data using SQL Loader
- Performance Tuning at DB level, OS level and Object level.
Environment: Oracle 11g (11.2), Oracle Application Release 11i, MySQL DB, Oracle Data Modeler, Dataguard, SQL Developer, Oracle on Linux, MySQL.
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle 10g on Linux also upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Implemented Oracle Database 10g two node Real Application Cluster (RAC) using Oracle Cluster-ware and was responsible for high availability and load balancing.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster recovery.
- Achieved High Availability, Data protection and Maximum performance by maintaining both physical and logical standby databases.
- Created and modified procedures, triggers and functions.
- Created all administration tasks of SQL Server and designed database.
- Used system stored procedures and DBCC commands.
- Planned Replication set up for banking software between SQL Server 2000 and local access database.
- Created DTS package to export and import data from SQL Server to Access, text files and Excel files.
- Set up backup using Veritas, checking event viewer on Windows Server 2000/03 and developed recovery procedures.
- Proficient in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Linux, OS2 operating systems
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, IIS, VPN.
- Active Directory administration, user logon scripts
- Security administration over web servers, mail servers using SSL sockets, firewall
- Created DTS packages for migration of data from SQL Server to MS Access or Oracle databases.
- Created automatically running stored procedures for day-end operation using SQL Server agent.
- Exported and imported data from text files and Excel to SQL Server database using bulk copy insert and BCP utility.
- Created and supported complex database schemas
- Designed data models
- Implemented Microsoft SQL 2005 Server in a test environment.
- Worked with Application Developers to design databases and tables to support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
Environment: Windows 2003 server, oracle 10g, 11g, ASP 3.0, XML, MS SQL Server 2000 (Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer), TSQL.