- Over 9 years of experience as Senior Oracle Functional Analyst specializing in Oracle Financials and Project Accounting.
- Multiple R12 upgrade projects experience in the Oracle Financials space.
- Experience includes full lifecycle implementations of R12 and 11i covering modules: Project Costing (PJC), Project Billing (PJB), Project Manufacturing (PJM), iProcurement, iExpenses, OTL, WEB ADI, Accounts Payables, Order Management, Inventory, Accounts Receivables and Custom Applications.
- Designed several interfaces and extensions as per the clients need.
- Worked as a lead in solution designing for standard Oracle process.
- Thorough understanding of multi - organization and multi-currency functionality.
- Well experience in conducting workshops for gathering business requirements from client super users and convey the proposed business solution.
- Quick turn around time in resolving oracle production support issues.
- Carried out intercompany transaction through Web ADI and followed up with reporting
- Experience in configuring Revenue Recognition in billing module as per client’s requirement.
- Experience in Oracle Fusion and integrating with Oracle Supply chain and EBS Module.
- In depth knowledge of all phases of SDLC methodologies like waterfall, Scrum and Agile (RUP).
- Experience in conducting JAD sessions for project definition involving analyzing requirments, creating prototypes and user interface documents.
- Good experience working with QA (Quality Assurance) reviewing test plans and Test Scripts to make sure that all the requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Good understanding of various methodologies for implementation and upgrade inc AIM and preparing documents such as MD50/70, BR60/100, TE20/40.
- Worked in various industries like Pharmaceutical, Health care, Manufacturing and Service industries.
- Extensive background in Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies-- Systems Study, Design, Development, and Implementation of Oracle Applications and migration strategy including AIM (Application Implementation method).
- Have excellent interpersonal and technical skills to communicate with users, validate requirements and to co-ordinate with team members.
- Prepared process documentation of the summary processes for the end users.
- Experience in training the client’s super users and end users on the application
- Experience in (CRP) pilot testing, integrated testing, design validation and setups of the Financials and Project Accounting application.
Technical Applications: Oracle Workflow, AOL and SYSADMIN
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL.
Tools: SQL Loader, TOAD, HP quality center.
Other: Web ADI, Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, and Project), Visio
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Oracle Functional Analyst
- As a SCM Business Analyst supported the Supply Chain modules: Order Management (OM), Shipping (WSH), Advance Pricing (QP), Purchasing (PO), Inventory (INV), Warehouse Management (WMS), Bill of Materials (BOM), Work in Process (WIP), MRP, Costing (CST) of Release 12.1.3
- Worked on Modifiers and Qualifiers setups in Oracle Advance Pricing.
- Worked on configuring the Primary and Secondary price lists in Oracle Advance Pricing.
- Worked on the setups and configurations of the Oracle Shipping module - defining shipping roles and grants, defining shipping parameters, pick slip grouping rules, release rules and sequences, container-item relationships, profile options, etc.
- Worked on configurations of Order Management module - defining Back to Back order process, Drop Ship Process, IRISO process, RMA Process, RMA with Depot Repair integration
- Worked on Logfire WMS to implement the cloud solution - worked on inbound receiving and putaway, enterprise inventory management, outbound allocation and store receiving, real time reporting and analysis, material handling, workforce management
- Worked on setting up price breaks in Oracle Advance Pricing.
- Defined the coupons for discounts in Oracle Advance Pricing.
- Used the Get Custom price API for publishing price to an external system in Oracle Advance Pricing.
- Worked on Oracle Inventory module - setting up Item Master, Defining Item Attributes, Item Templates, Item Categories, Item Catalogs, Min Max and Re-Order point planning, Cycle Counting, Physical Inventory, etc.
- Worked on the setups of the Material Resource Planning (MRP) module - setup planning parameters, plan options, etc.
- Worked on Landed Costs, Average Costing and Standard Costing in Oracle Costing.
- User training and coordinating with technical teams on Oracle Apps related Custom design validation for integration between Oracle Apps and legacy applications.
- Created test scripts for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and helped technical team in testing their all developments in lower instance before migrating them to production.
- Successfully provided Technical and Functional support to the users, testers and Business System Analysts.
- Provided useful training to the users for the well-known issues.
- Used HP service request manager for logging and capturing the data regarding the tickets raised by the users
- Used Project portfolio manager to make application work request for any change made to the production environment.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Oracle Functional Analyst
- As a Functional Consultant, my Responsibility was to do GAP Analysis project planning Integration and Implementation approaches and postproduction support plan.
- Captured high level additional requirements Future Business Model (BP 080) for GL, AP AR and CM modules, prepared the GAP Analysis document based on the study and then also prepared the setup Documents (BR 100).
- Designed and developed the company Chart of Accounts and performed setup of GL Module. And Inter-Company accounting within the same set of books.
- Created the conversion document (CV10) and assisted the technical team in developing the conversion program for Open Balances of GL, AP and AR.
- Prepared data migration templates and reviewed the data supplied by the client
- Followed structure AME process for invoice approval process.
- Worked with middle ware SOA/BPEL for bank integration for receivables.
- Managing and updating transaction through e-Biz Tax
- Designed and development of FSG reports in GL including Balance Sheet, P&L and other Cost Center related Management reports.
- Designed the custom payment format for printing CITIBANK checks. Design and development of interface with the bank for daily bank statements with CITIBANK.
- Designed and implemented custom bank statement format as the standard format was not suitable for the client as certain transaction need eliminated and implemented auto-reconciliation.
- Creating one-time reports and ad-hoc SQL queries based on tables in AR, Cash Management and GL modules.
- Complete implementation of all financial Modules - GL, AP, AR and Cash Management.
- Thorough understanding and used Procure to Pay (P2P) and Order to Cash (O2C) process flows.
- Production support - month-end reconciliation, interface issues, support enhancements, ad-hoc reports, bud fixes.
- Created comprehensive Test scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts to test SLA for all the financial modules.
- Involved in SIT and UAT testing and used HP ALM (Application management tool) to manage test cases, test plans and for defect reports.
- Formulated Business requirement documents BRD’s and FSD’s
- Responsible for E2E business improvement, prepared “As Is and To Be” process mapping and documentation.
- Carried out GAP analysis and identified key area of concern and provide solution to those.
- Issue resolution using Oracle Support, creation and follow up of Service Request with Oracle.
- Review and Resolve Reconciliation between sub-ledger and general ledger.
- Assist in new users in understanding the modules and other day to day activities
- Periodic User Training for new employees.
- Level1 Support to All financial users.
- Responsible for diagnosing the root cause analysis of the support issues observed to avoid reoccurrence of such issues in the future
- Implementation of AP and AR set off in R12
- Functionality of Revenue recognition has been configured by setting up the organization wide policies in revenue management and in specific cases configured the rules for specific customers/customer classes.
- Modified the Subledger Accounting to suit accounting requirements of client for Payables and Receivables
- Implemented the functionality of budgetary control for the client by setting up the budgets, budget orgs, summary templates and other relevant setups.
- Assisted in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews for data security.
- End user training for using ADI.
- Development and updating of user Procedure documents and training material
- Worked on the Delta training manuals, conducted training sessions to the users to educate and make them comfortable on the new changes in R12.
- Worked on iReceivables enhancement, Auto Lockbox bugs with Oracle Support and new report enhancement.
- Closely coordinated with the core business user to resolve any issues they encountered during the CRP and SIT phase.
- Successfully upgraded the 11i consolidated billing process to the new process (Billing cycles).
- Worked on the post and per CRP issue resolution in the General Ledger, Projects and Payables
- Prepared the testing strategy and the test plan.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Oracle Functional Analyst
- Worked on the requirement gathering and preparing the MD050 for the enhancement’s requests from the business.
- Did business analysis, requirement gathering and solution design for a custom Order to cash application.
- Study of the clients existing system and did the gap analysis with respect to Oracle.
- Involved in the design of the Project accounting solution (costing and billing)
- Prepared functional document for the interface with various third-party systems.
- Support the business during the month end closing for the sub ledgers.
- Setup Project Costing and billing environment for contract projects as per the requirement.
- Lead for the conversion project (suppliers, Items, BPA’s) undertaken as part of an acquisition.
- Worked in the Multi Organization environment.
- Carried month end reports and reconciliation.
- Worked on a custom direct debit process for customer payments.
- Developed custom reports for Projects and GL reconciliation during the month end close.
- Created functional design documents and implemented appropriate system setups and security rules.
- Made enhancements to the existing custom AP, AR netting application.
- Extensively worked on the integrations between the front-end application and Oracle ERP.
- Performed the day-to-day production support role in Payables, Projects and other Oracle modules.
- Worked with BPEL and SOA for the integration between the front-end custom application and Oracle
- Used HP quality center to track defects during the testing cycle and prepared scripts for automated testing.
- Customized Supplier invoice account generator workflow as per client requirement.
- Developed billing client extension for the billing application.
- Worked extensively for the successful integration of Projects module with Payables and General Ledger.
- Conducted CRP (Conference Room Pilot), UAT and prepared the configuration documents for the production setup.
- Used HP Test Director for testing and tracking defects.
- Involved in the support and enhancement of the custom solution developed for the front office.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Functional Financials Consultant
- R12 Upgrade for Financials - GL, AR, AP, iExpenses and PO
- Analysis of the impact of R12 upgrade from current version of 220.127.116.11 for General Ledger, Payables, Receivables and Collections, Assets and Cash Management.
- Delivered documentation for the analysis and have done presentations on the impact and change in R12 to gather the user requirements for new features.
- Developed detailed test scenarios and test scripts.
- Implemented new features in R12 Cash Management Module to use multiple sources for reconciliation of same BAI codes.
- Customized auto reconciliation process in Cash Management to achieve greater percentage of auto reconciliation for all 200+ bank accounts.
- Customized SLA accounting rules to meet the business requirements.
- Advanced collections customizations to email invoices and statements to customers and provide online details for each customer group.
- Coordinated with users in multiple locations for requirement gathering and user training.
- Implemented AME workflow for AP invoices in R12.
- Configured E-Business Tax in R12 and eliminated some custom plsql using rules.
- Worked on R12 upgrade from 11i along with daily production support on 11i. Prepared financials module test scripts and tested the R12 upgraded system for setup and functionality in R12. Tested custom programs which are converted from 11i to R12.
- Acted as key member in R12 upgrade and thus played a significant role in stabilization of the application.
- Created FSG reports for consolidation of multiple legal entities.
- Maintenance of Issues Log for reporting the status of the issues and conducting issue status meetings on weekly basis.
- Configured AGIS for intercompany billing.
- Testing the components like custom reports and custom programs for the modules mentioned above.
- Follow up of team members for the completion of tasks.
- Prepared documentation for the custom reports.
- Implemented iProc and iExpense as part of R12 upgrade to use new features.
- IExpense setup with multi level approval and paperless streamlines process. iExpense travel policy definition and audit procedures
Merck Millipore, Burlington, MA
Sr Oracle Financials
- Conducted pilot sessions with the client to understand the Business Process Flow, capturing the business requirements.
- Designed the WBS (work break down structure) for indirect projects to efficiently keep track of costs and simplify reporting needs.
- Prepared functional document for the interface with various third-party systems.
- Designed Pre-Import Client extension in project for Code Combination validation.
- Developed an interface from Projects to Hyperion for the financial planning and reporting.
- Defined complex Auto accounting rules to meet the client’s requirement.
- Prepared functional specifications for new reports required during the closing process.
- Setup Web ADI for miscellaneous entries and month end accruals in PA
- Prepared the functional specification document for the month end reconciliation reports.
- Prepared UAT scripts and work instructions as part of user training, trained user on closing process.
- Conducted CRP (Conference Room Pilot), UAT and set up production environment.
- Trained business owners and business end-users on indirect Projects as part of User training strategy.
- Provided post-go live support.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Oracle Functional Analyst
- Understand business process, gathered high level requirement, defined and mapped the business process and identified resolution (GAP analysis).
- Configured Multi-Org environment for Oracle project.
- Prepared project documentation for Oracle Projects 11i based on Oracle’s proprietary Application Implementation Methodology (AIM).
- Created functional design documents and implemented appropriate system setups, train business owners and business end-users on Projects Suite as part of User Training Strategy.
- Prepared Toolkits for Projects modules which reduced the lead-time in setting up the successive operating units.
- Used Mercury quality center tool for issue tracking during postproduction support.
- Gather and document functional requirements for the Projects RICE objects.
- Setting up Project Costing and Project Billing environment that included the following: Project Types, Project Templates, Projects, Auto Accounting Rules, Organizations, Organization Hierarchies, Lookup Values, Expenditure Types, Service Types, Billing Methods, Event Type.
- Conducted pilot testing (CRP), integration with other financial modules testing.
- Managed and resolved integration issues between Projects, Payables, Order Management, Inventory, and Oracle Purchasing.
Confidential, Arden Hills, MN
- Gather and document functional requirements for Configuration of GL, AP and Cash Management Modules.
- Requirement gathering and document AS-IS and TO-BE process.
- Involved in Designing the configuration documents BR100’s for (GL, AP, CM Modules)
- Extensive experience in leading the team for configuring the setups in Gold Environment for multiple operating units.
- Assisting the business users in CRP3 testing and UAT.
- Facilitate and participate in functional design meetings with key process team members and Business Users from Europe and USA.
- Involved in Designing MD50’s for Supplier Conversion, Supplier Bank accounts Conversion, Employee Conversion, Employee interface and Invoice upload interface.
- Configured AME for Payables Invoice approval workflow for Accounts Payable module.
- Involved in designing the FI connector view and gathering the requirements for international Payments.
- Took ownership of the RICEW components assigned, and coordinate unit testing and proof of concept (POC) type of code review with ESI Team and Business users.
- Worked on AP: Supplier, Inter-company Suppliers, setup: invoice, payment, accounting, tax, options, payment methods: wire transfer, electronic fund transfer (EFT), Recurring Invoices, Payment Process Profiles, Payment Templates, Payment Formats, Creating Folders, Setting Up Batch Invoices Profile etc.
- Worked on Cash Management: System Parameters, Banks, Bank Transaction Codes and System Profiles.
- Worked and assisted users on period end close process for Accounts Payable Module during UAT.
- Conducted Status meetings with onsite and offshore team at the different stages of implementation (CRP3, UAT, Postproduction support process).
- Assisted the validation team in resolving the issues during Validation Testing.
- Assisted E & Y during providing the appropriate information for audit.