- Oracle Certified Professional (DBA 8i, 9i). Twenty years Database Administration. Broad experience with Database technical architecture, Middle Tier, and Oracle tools. Designing and implementing Backup Recovery and DR.
- Well versed in High Availability, High Performance Cloud environments with a large base of customer and large enterprise environments of Oracle databases.
- Architected and deployed database tools for large volume of data, MDM, Auditing and Encryption.
- Management experience for IT Infrastructure on large development and maintenance projects.
- Confident in large and financial Database Administration. Advanced skills in UNIX administration and shell programming. Strong problem solving skills. Teaching experience.
Oracle: ORACLE (7 - 12C), PL/SQL, EBU, AWR, Data Guard, LogMiner, RMAN, Netvault backup, Obacktrack, Grid Control, Tuning Pack, Change Manager, Real Application Clusters. Solarwinds. SQL Server, AlwaysON, MySQL, Galera.
Middle Tier: OracleAS 10g; AS clusters, Radware Load balancer; HTTP Server; emctl, dcmctl, opmnctl; JBoss, Oracle Internet Directory; Web Cache; OC4J; J2EE; SSL
Languages: PL/SQL, Shell scripting.
- Support for 250 customers on Hybris Cloud. Performance tuning for largepages and minimum free bytes in linux. Tuned memory areas and cursor sharing for all. Query tuning for large dynamically generated, improved plans for load and sales predictive queries. Monitored and tuned daily for waits, sessions, I/O, hit ratios.
- Installation of Oracle 188.8.131.52 RAC, GI, ASM. Create VM hosts with vCenter. Root cause analysis for out of memory, buffer pool flush. Implemented clean up for audit LOB tables with basicfile/delete/shrink.
- Engineering creation scripts, monitoring and migration. Improved cronjobs and monit oring. Implemented centralized script to monitor from Ignite servers.
- ASM management, online redefinition of volume groups, releasing multiwriter scsi slots. Rman restores to other server for user errors.
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Implemented Security Changes as per IRS recommendations.
- Query tuning.
- Implemented partitioning and Advanced Compression.
- Installation of Oracle 184.108.40.206 RAC, GI, ASM.
- Implemented Advanced Compression in multi stage with online redefinition, including Securefile for LOB’s.
- Data masking for sensitive information.
- Wrote scripts with hash value in house algorithm that includes a wide variety of datatypes.
- Support for promotions and refreshes.
- Automated deployments and tracked changes of static and day zero tables.
- Upgraded RAC Grid Infrastructure and Oracle databases to 11.2.04 on Linux. In place upgrade with rolling upgrades to minimize downtime.
- Completed pre-checks with cluster verification Cluvfy before upgrades.
- Production and DR Standby clusters completed in nine hours.
- Installation of Grid and Patches without downtime.
- DB upgrades with stopping Standby Transport and Apply-on.
- Completed pre-checks with cluster verification Cluvfy before upgrades.
- Troubleshooting of failures at rootupgrade.sh. Performed Downgrades. Support for UAT and DR.
- Listener management and improvements. Added and reviewed services and SCAN Listeners.
- ASM check up and upgrades. Checked Flush Recovery Area for retention.
- Well versed to highly secure environments with CyberArk password management. Upgraded scripts with Oracle Wallet.
- Designed and implemented Backup and Recovery strategy for hundreds of Oracle Databases on multiple Power 770/790 frames and RedHat Linux. Setup DR sites with Data Guard.
- Migrated 500 MS SQL databases to V-block and later to AlwaysON. Wrote scripts for migration, build AlwaysOn and maintenance jobs. Backup with TSM.
- Support for Mysql and MariaDB with Galera Cluster on RedHat Linux. Setup and support for Data Guard.
- Upgraded 7T databases from11g to 12c (R2). POC for migrate with transportable tablespaces. In place upgrade and migrate from AIX 6.1 to 7.1 in stages.
- Migrated 60 databases from 9i/Tru64 to 10g and 11g/AIX. Redesigned and rewrote backup, recovery and maintenance. Improved and participated in DRP.
- Set up MariaDB configuration files and user access files with default variables. Maintained database users and privileges.
- Tuned memory, process, session, buffer and connection pooling parameters on MariaDB.
- Implemented point in time recovery for MariDB with mysqlhotbackup (MyISAM) and binary logs. POC for Galera Cluster.
- Led Replacement of SQLBT with RMAN. Transitioned between strategies having them both available and fully operational during warranty.
- Wrote parameter driven, easy to implement and use scripts. Implemented in Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g saving the company $1.5M. Trained dba-s.
- Setup TSM/TDPO and DDBoost (data domain) backup and configuration. Reduced throughput to Tivoli Storage Manager and CPU load by compression and incremental backups with Changed Block Tracking. Implemented 'Forced Logging' standard across enterprise databases to avoid corrupted block issues.
- Documented and guarded naming conventions. Prod promotions and UAT refreshes with masking data.
- Support for multiple 7TB databases IBM SPSS Modeler for Predictive Analysis on Automotive Sales.
- Designed the logical and physical layout, with separation between the Loading Staging and Modeling areas.
- Improved performance by using partitioning and table compression.
- Tuned backup and RMAN performance.
- Implemented fast refreshes and promotion flows.
- Monitoring and SQL tuning with EM Cloud Control 12c.
- Production support for up to 7T databases.
- Supported production databases for BASEL, AML (Anti money laundering), and CEAS (Credit rating for large commercial clients).
- Performance tuned long running queries. Installed RAC databases.
- Rewrote RMAN scripts to improve performance on RAC databases, by starting channels and archive log current of separate nodes.
- Production and development support of Oracle High Availability (RAC, DG) environment.
- Troubleshot and performance tuned large volume of loading, using partitions and local indexes for Wealth Management databases.
- Partition maintenance.
- Installed, upgraded and migrated databases to 9i and 10g. Set up RMAN and auditing for new databases.
- Improved database restore procedures, with and without RMAN, to reduce the refresh time.
- Production and development support of Oracle databases. Deployed database tools for Auditing and Encryption.
- Implemented Entegra (DBAudit) for Auditing of financial databases in compliance with Bill 198.
- Used partitioning to improve performance and reduce maintenance. Set up auditing strategy. Prepared the application archiving and recovery strategy for 4T data.
- Deployed and maintained Protegrity for credit card encryption. Used Kerberos for authentication.
- Implemented fast data refresh procedures to reduce the promotion and QA testing time. Upgraded and migrated databases to 9i.
- Production and development support of Oracle and Weblogic wireless application. Confidential connect media providers with mobile service providers to deliver interactive, rich multimedia to mobile devices.
- Performance analyzing and tuning with Statspack. Introduced multiple pools to improve hit ratio with large index scans.
- Configured Uptime for database and application monitoring.
- Ensured high availability by clustering application and database tier for failsafe with Veritas Cluster and load balancers.
- Implemented NetApp NAS, designed database physical layout with aggregates and volume groups. Tested for database failover and backup with Snap Manager.
- Wrote shell scripts for database and system monitoring.
- Developed and managed Enterprise Backup and Recovery strategy at Database, Server, Desktop, Windows/Solaris/MacOS with RMAN and Netvault. Ensured a minimum downtime for fast growing databases. Tested and experienced different scenarios. Contributed to DRP.
- Online redefinition to distribute schema objects in separate tablespaces.
- Created standby database with RMAN. Prepared service level agreement with partners. Developed and automated a process and system to transport tablespaces from online database via a standby, to refresh QA and Test environment.
- Wrote all financial and management reports using analytic functions on the standby database.
- Wrote database scripts for build and loading, users and profiles, and database transfer procedures. Designed archiving with partitioning.
- Loaded partner data with SQL Loader. Loaded LOBs and nested tables.
- System administration for Solaris servers clustered for failover in a VERITAS Cluster Server 4.0. BEA Weblogic 8.1 administration and J2ME/J2EE builds.
Lead Database Engineer
- Confidential Hub is a Customer Data Integration (CDI) Platform that builds and manages a trustworthy, unified customer register.
- Major activities include rewriting and redesigning of all large volume loading jobs, planning for performance and administration. The system supports 50 million rows daily.
- Parallelized MDM’s loading procedures. Reviewed all jobs to load data of the same source in one run. Partitioned the set of data by relevance.
- Redesigned MDM’s metadata to include parallelization and scalability parameters like batch size and parallel degree.
- Participated in cross-referencing approach to reduce the foot track of the application on the database.
- Installed and maintained Dev and QA 10g databases on Unix and Windows.
- Data model and capacity planning that led the client to purchase decision and EEE database partitioning.
- Designed and POC-ed the Transaction Pipeline approach. All data was range partitioned and evenly distributed across different partitions using 'union all' views.
- Data mapped all source systems. Designed backload strategy including interface data pulling scripts. Designed a low maintenance physical layout that rotates and drops highly skewed table partitions.
- Designed backup and recovery and archiving strategy for 3T database, retention period, system level agreement and load job schedules.
- Lead Database Administrator on the Enbridge's EnTRAC. Responsible for logical and physical design with a significant effort towards application and database tuning. Major activities include advanced performance tuning, database design, capacity planning and establishing standards for Oracle installations, maintenance, tuning, and PL/SQL coding, Middle Tier configuration and administration.
- Installed configured and maintained Oracle 9iAS/10g and Oracle 9.2/10g. Installed OracleAs Infrastructure. Configured AS clusters and RadWare load balancer. Wrote shell scripts to automate J2EE deployment.
- Established Performance Tuning guidelines to enhance the quality of our product for all current and future code development. Mentored for hints, used explain plan and sql analyzer, summary and simple materialized views. Browsed index usage and identified unused ones, developed error logging procedure using utl file and dbms pipe.
- Maintained ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) with Erwin. Enforced the rules and code reviews. Enforced naming convention on table and procedure creation. Promoted unit testing and DDL & DML changes to database and data model.
- Managed a troubleshot Application Server using web tools and command line utilities. Managed HTTP Server, Web Cache. Used SSL to secure components.
- Performed daily J2EE deployments and DB builds. Production promotions and deployments. Wrote daily script to increment UAT and with online table redefinition. Maintained Data model with Erwin.
- Scanned the code for Fetch Across Commit, reduced visits to database, tuned nested loops, introduced partitioning and parallelized queries, improved the history tables strategy with partitioning, wrote SQL best practices.
- Documented and managed DB Practice in Canada BU. Managed growth path and for associates, Lessons Learned and DB Practice forum. Trained younger DBA's.
- Gathered system and object statistics. Tuned init.ora parameters and SGA areas using OEM, STATSPACK, DBMS PROFILER and v$db cache advice. Ensured plan stability to preserve execution plans for performance databases, used outline editor from Tuning Pack. Stimulated full load with Load Runner.
- Tuned OS kernel parameters monitored with scripts for autoextensible datafiles, troubleshot importused transportable tablespaces, undo and locally managed tablespaces.
- Tuned Data Migration (DataStage, SQLLOADER, and Vitria for replication). Made loading possible within the window. Loaded lobs.
- Performed Backup and Recovery with Obacktrack. Wrote RMAN backup scripts, recommended strategy to the client. Replaced Obacktrack. Used Resumable Space Allocation and flashback to undo developer's errors.
- Eased and improved build/unit test by 30% in time, by rewinding databases/sessions/schemas using Workspace Manager, Log Miner, RMAN with standby databases and Flashback.
- Performed sys admin tasks on HP-UX. Used SAM for volume management.
- Worked on a contract for Swiss Re with the Server Application DBA group. Swiss Re is a global re-insurer with a focus on risk transfer and is one of the top three players in the global market.
- The project includes integrating 14 different systems into a J2EE/WebSphere application. Data collected is stored in different and often proprietary data formats.
- Planed and performed migration of 8i Databases to 9i ensuring minimum downtime. Preserved execution plans, using SQL Trace and Statspack. Reviewed 'high cost' queries, ensuring a better performance after migration.
- Implemented Workspace Manager for unit testing, replacing history tables and triggers. Performed database refresh activities, code drops and promotions and data mapping.
- Centralized data storage in Oracle 9i while allowing each division to continue operating independently. Created the development and test databases. Took care of the creation of the tablespaces, tables, views and synonyms.
- Set up OEM, MTA, SMTP mailing and paging, events and fix-it jobs.
- Managed disk space, database blocks, extents, data segments and index segments. Implemented tempfiles, auto management and undo tablespaces.
- Responsible for the database replication among different geographic locations using materialized views, triggers and temp tables.
- Configured and tuned Oracle 8.1.7/9.2 databases for Multi-threaded Architecture.
- Created and implemented shell scripts and cronjobs for export and import and backup and other scheduled jobs. Automated weekly and monthly reload of data.
- Wrote and maintained Stored Procedures, Database Triggers, PL/SQL Libraries, Packages. Enhanced functionality with packages on grouping by line of business, and aviation industry. Wrote packages on error handling. Implemented a standardized procedure of error handling and logging.
- Tuned SQL, PL/SQL for best performance.
- Daily monitoring of the database as part of the overall database tuning actions.
Senior Database Administrator
- Primary responsibility for six production and eight development Oracle databases, 50-200G, hosting SGML documents for Electronic Technical Publication System (ETPS). Worked on Tech Pubs project for consolidating ETPS infrastructure. Infrastructure includes: Load Sharing Facility/Solaris 2.8/E3500; AIX 5.0/Regatta P690; Oracle RAC 9.2 /Sun Cluster 3.0/Veritas DBE/AC 3.5; SAN Storage (4TB).
- Well versed with new features of Oracle 9i (9.2) like high availability technology, memory management, table partitions, RMAN, Data Guard, LOBs, Parallel DML, Log Mining. Responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring Oracle products like Developer, Designer, Discoverer and the ETPS application (Life*CDM).
- Installed and configured Oracle 7.3.4, 8.1.7 and 9.0.1 databases.
- Planned and migrated/upgraded Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.0.1 databases.
- Designed and implemented databases for testing, and environments. Capacity planning/management (space/machine load/network), for 400G databases.
- Developed Backup and Recovery strategy with Veritas Netbackup. Ensured a minimum downtime for fast growing databases. Tested and experienced different scenarios. Contributed to DRP.
- Installed/Configured/Troubleshot SQL Net/Net8 (Client and Server) and external procedures. Maintained user's security at both Oracle and application end.
- Setup OEM box, JAVA console and SMTP, events and auto fixing jobs.
- Implemented Oracle Real Application Clusters 9.2 on Solaris2.8/Sun Clusters 3.0/Veritas DBE/AC 3.5. Configured for load balancing and failover.
- Performed UNIX (Sun Solaris) file system maintenance using Veritas Volume Manager, scheduled and troubleshot backup jobs for Netbackup.
- Configured Solaris kernel parameters. Installed, upgraded, troubleshot software problem. Handled software performance issues.
- Wrote shell scripts for admin-related tasks and PL/SQL packages to automate database management activities like error information checking, database growth, security checks, user privileges etc.
- Created Oracle 9i standby Database using Data Guard and managed recovery. Configured Oracle 9i Databases for high availability, nonstandard block sizes and automatic tablespace management.
- Solved day-to-day tablespace/table/index fragmentation, memory and I/O etc.
- Monitored/tuned/troubleshot migrated production databases and long running operations. Devised and implemented Monitoring and Tuning strategies using Oracle Expert.
- Analyzed data structure, planned and advised application kernel developers on partitioning and read-only tablespaces. Assisted developers with sound database queries. Tuned/rewrote SQL statements, located problem code using Explain Plan to improve performance substantially.
- Designed, constructed and unit tested the processes needed to load data. Ensured that ETL processes met performance and operational requirements. Wrote PL/SQL packages to load data from collection tables (Varrays and Nested tables) to aggregate tables and history tables.
- Provided support for Oracle Developer, Oracle Designer, Data Warehouse, MySQL, PostgreSQL, application and OS support for users and developers.