- PMP Certified Lead Oracle Techno Functional Consultant with 19+ years of IT experience in management, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, customization and support of Oracle ERP Applications (R12/11i/10.7/10.6), and related third party solutions for Hi Tech, Finance, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, Manufacturing, and Electronics Industries in global team environment.
- Extensive experiences in understanding the business needs and then articulate define those needs in an action plan.
- Successfully handled Techno - Functional, Tech Lead and Project Management responsibilities.
- Successfully managed outsource/offshore development and support teams.
- Proven track record of integrating Oracle EBS with legacy and/or third party applications, and applying data management practices to have timely and accurately information for decision making.
- Strong project management, organizational, team building, leadership and cross-functional skills.
Oracle Applications, E: Business Suite (EBS) R12(12.1.X), 11i(11.5.X)/10.X, General Ledger (GL), Subledger Accounting (SLA), Accounts Receivables (AR), Accounts Payables (AP), Cash Managements (CE), Fixed Assets (FA), Order Management (OM), Inventory (INV), Shipping, Purchasing (PO), Oracle Service Contracts (OKS), Install Base (CSI), Oracle Service, Oracle Quotes, Customers Online, Trading Community Architecture (TCA), iPayment, iProcurement, iTime, iExpenses, Incentive Compensation, Oracle Projects (PA), Oracle HR, Oracle Payroll, Work in Process (WIP), Bill of Material (BOM), Work Flow, Oracle Alerts, XML Gateway/EDI, Application Object Library (AOL), Application Developer and System Admin modules.
Oracle Applications: Oracle EBS R12 (12.0.4) RUP6, 11i(11.5.X)/10.7 SC/10.6 (GL,AR, AP,CM, FA, INV, OM, PO, PA, WIP, Costing, Work Flow, HR, Payroll, Install Base, Contracts, Service Requests, Quotes, Incentive Compensation, Global Accounting, iProcurement, iTime, iExpenses, Application Object Library (AOL) and System Admin modules), Oracle Alerts, XML Gateway/EDI.
Database: Oracle 11G, 10G, 9i, 8i,7.x
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, BPEL, JAVA, JSP, XML, C, and Pro*C
OS: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Tools: Developer 2000, Forms 10g/9i/6i/4.5/4.0/3.0, Reports 10g/9i/6i/2.5/2.0, Oracle Application Express (APEX) 3.2.1, Oracle JDeveloper, SQL*Loader, XML Gateway, BI Publisher, Import/Export, TOAD, Oracle Discoverer, ADI/Web ADI, Reflection (FTP Protocol), PVCS, SVN, Business Objects, Oracle OBIEE, Optio, Crystal Reports, MS Projects, MS Office, PowerPoint, Oracle Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Suite (BPEL, ESB), Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) tools from HP and Informatica.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Lead Oracle EBS SCM Consultant
- Responsible for R12 upgrade related activities for Quote to Cash (Q2C) process.
- Improved credit & rebill process through setup and process re-engineering in Supply chain process.
- Handled project management activities from concept to completion in global environment.
- Designed the Service contract streamline process to improve renewals and licensing revenue visibility.
- Lead R12 upgrade discovery and readiness project.
- Involved in integration of Oracle EBS to SAP/PI using XML Gateway for the exchange of information related to PO, PO confirmation, Order confirmation, ASN and invoice.
- Created document for coding standards to be followed for customizations and enhancements.
- Designed and developed data extraction strategy for master and transactional data from Oracle EBS for SAP integration purpose and business continuity.
- Worked closely with end users to come out with enhance requests to streamline business operations and have preventive measures in place to catch up problematic transactions beforehand.
- Created setup and technical changes to enhance integration process to upload sales orders in Oracle Order Management from various sources like Website, F2F, and XML Files.
- Designed and developed customer inactivation process as part of SAP/PI migration readiness.
- Enhanced security for credit card related information in Order import process.
- Configured and implemented electronic invoice distribution process for global customers.
- Designed and developed item interface to load items, BOMs and routings to Oracle Inventory.
- Made enhancements in Fixed Assets reports specially to take care of merger related needs.
- Created several custom accounting rules for deferred revenue and the modification on auto-invoice pre-processing program to in corporate these rules, it also utilized a custom form, GL Import and further accounting rules to recognize revenue a later date.
- Designed and developed revenue recognition process to be complies with SOP 97-2 and EIF 8-1, using data from multiple modules (OM, Service contracts, Project Accounting and Quotes).
- Implemented processes to prioritize the requests and keep performance matrix in acceptability range.
- Created custom responsibilities and Implemented strategy to restrict functionality as per corporate security requirements of the data.
Environment: Oracle EBS R12 (12.1.X) and 11i (11.5.10), Sun Solaris, BI Publisher, Discoverer 10G, Business Objects, Optio, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Toad, Oracle database 11G/10G, SVN
Confidential, Boston, MA
Lead Oracle EBS SCM Consultant
- Worked as Technical Lead for multiple modules of Oracle EBS.
- Involved in the Implementation and Customization of Project Accounting and Account Receivables modules.
- Migration of financial data from legacy system to new Oracle system using Oracle Financial 10.6 and later on upgraded to 10.7. Also responsible for
- Responsible for taking ownership of application and worked as liaison between end users and system support teams (DBA, Development, Support and Vendors).
- Lead the team to do substantial customization in AR and AP/PO modules to convert data from legacy application to Oracle 11i and archive it to improve performance.
- Involved in upgrade of Oracle EBS (11.5.10) to R12 in multiple projects for EMC customers.
- Designed and developed Product lookup, Order Lookup and Customer Lookup screens using APEX to have comprehensive information about these entities at one place for use convenience.
- Customized workflow programs for PO and service Module using Oracle Workflow and PL/SQL.
- Designed and developed reports like Quantity in hand with serial number and revisions, Shipping tracking report, shipping document station, Shipping queue, Open order ageing report, booking on hold, Revenue recognition reports, Budgeted Vs Actual report using Oracle BI Publisher.
- Created encryption and decryption and data masking procedures to copy HR, Payroll and other sensitive & confidential data from PROD to cloned instances.
- Designed and developed reports like Customer invoice summary, Revenue details report, AR remaining balance report, AR receipts and AR ageing reports using BI Publisher.
- Created custom workflow program to improve functionality of iExpense and AP.
- Customized and personalized forms for OM, AR, INV, AP, PO and Project Accounting modules to meet the business requirement by extending functionality and maintaining same look and feel.
- Designed and developed GL Reconciliation Process for Journal Import. Developed the Reconciliation Instance report, which can be used for various imports inbound / outbound. This process is a daily process scheduled by daily scheduler.
- Created documentation including Business specifications, Technical specifications and end user documentation as per Oracle’s Application Implementation Methodology (AIM).
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and experience with Oracle Applications (OA) Framework to customize Oracle EBS.
- Designed and developed interface programs for finance modules AR/AP/GL/CM and CRM modules (Service Contracts/Services Requests/ Install base) to load data from legacy system to Oracle EBS.
- Created concurrent programs to archive aged data for Contracts, Quotes, Service Requests and Incentive Compensation modules to improve performance of the system and reduce admin cost.
- Lead a team who developed custom software applications for finance, payroll and HR using Oracle Developer 2000 toolset (Oracle Forms 4.5, Oracle Reports 4.5) and oracle database 7.0
- Work in onsite/offshore/outsourcing models, and implemented processes to improve communication process, efficient utilization of resources to lower TCO of solution while maintaining quality.
- Traveled internationally for various Oracle EBS implementation projects and worked closely with vendors, implementation partners and outsourcing teams to come out with best possible solution.
- Created and time to time revised documents on development standards to avoid duplicate efforts and improve maintenance and support activities.
- Followed PMI guidelines and techniques to improve quality of deliverables and complete task on time and with in budget, used Waterfall, Oracle AIM and Agile SCRUM methodologies.
Environment: Oracle Applications R12, 11i(11.5.10, 11.5.9 …10.7) GL, AR, AP, PO, CE, FA, OM, INV, WIP, Workflow, PA, HR, Payroll, Contracts, Service Request, Quotes, Incentive Compensation, Customer Online, MS Projects, Toad, Oracle Forms 9i/6i. Oracle Reports 9i/6i, Discoverer 11G/10G, BI Publisher 10.1.3.3.1 , APEX 3.2.1, (PeopleSoft 8.x, 7.x, SAP R/3, SAP B/W 3.x Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle Database 11/10G, 9i, 8i
Confidential, Hopkinton, MA
Sr. Oracle EBS Consultant
- Designed and developed interfaces to synchronize data in Oracle EBS Trading Community Architecture (TCA) data model and other applications.
- Developed strategy to implement procedures to improve quality of data and have golden copy of customer data in Oracle TCA module that being referred by multiple applications (Customer Hub).
- Used Data Quality Management feature of Customers Online to improve data quality.
- Designed and developed Interface programs to load Install base, service requests and service contracts data from legacy application to oracle EBS.
- Created custom responsibilities and Implemented strategy to archive aged data while maintain accessibility using same GUI to be compliance with SOX and other regulatory authorities.
- Designed and developed custom reports for Oracle EBS using BI Publisher and Oracle Discoverer for external audit and SOX compliance purpose.
- Created functional and technical design documents along with other required documents to keep all the stake holders on the same page and have low future maintenance overheads.
- Implemented change control process along with other process improvements to understand business requirement more accurately and convert in efficient technical solution.
- Established software coding standards to have uniformity of code for better performance, smooth integration, and easy maintenance and improve quality of support.
- Mentoring junior team members to bring them up to the speed to improve team performance.
Environment: Oracle Financials 11i (11.5.10), Sun Solaris, BI Publisher, Discoverer 10G, OA Framework (OAF), PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Toad, Oracle database 10G, SVN
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Created interface programs using SQL*Loader and Oracle PL/SQL to connect Oracle applications and custom applications to automate dataflow and avoid data related issues.
- Created functional and technical specifications for enhancements and customizations in Oracle Applications to meet business needs.
- Designed and developed Reports Interface Customization and Extensions (RICE) solutions for Oracle application modules namely GL, AR, AP, CM, FA and Project Accounting (PA) using Oracle toolset.
- Implemented Order to Cash process for one of acquired unit of Parexel including data conversion from legacy to system to Oracle Application using Oracle interface and API’s.
- Developed procedures to post Intercompany transactions in multi-currency and multi-org.
- Contributed in upgrade of Oracle Applications 10.7 SC to 11i including developing data conversion procedures and migration of customized programs for specific business needs.
- Customized and implemented new workflow programs for Project Accounting, Accounts Payables and Purchasing modules to streamline business processes.
- Administered and configured reporting tools such as Business Objects (BO) and Oracle Discoverer to run ad-hoc reports by end users and created standard reports.
- Developed stored procedures to extract data from source application, perform data cleansing to validate and load to staging tables from where it can be picked by standard Oracle Application processes.
Environment: Oracle Financials 11i (11.5.6), 10.7 SC, Sun Solaris, Oracle Reports 6i/2.5, Oracle Forms 6i/4.5, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Toad, Business Objects 4i, Oracle database 8i, MKS
Confidential, Waltham, MA
- Developed IMS OOPs (Out of Pocket), Process, Bridge between AP to AR and AP to GL and also AR to GL. The AP Invoices get transferred to AR as transactions completed and invoices paid.
- Worked on design, development, test and implementation of Fee for Service (Extension to Oracle General Ledger).
- Worked on Designing and coding of interface between Fee for Service and Oracle General Ledger; registering forms, reports, menus, value sets,
- Developed AR Customer Interface with all the customer info including Banks and profile info. This Interface is developed various customizations and validations to suit SSC business needs.
- Designed/developed various DFF’s, Flex fields and Value sets necessary for all the above custom processes and Reports based on the business requirements. Also involved in defining the AP/GL/ AR Lookup Codes, Profile options etc to satisfy custom process.
- Developed and Supported AP Open Interface, feeds from various sources needs to validate and to generate invoices with the transaction report / error report.
- Customized the AR Auto Invoice process for Ireland, thru user form Interface, which the users can upload the source file in three formats with several validations to load into AR Interface tables. The user can view the transaction report / Error report log.
Environment: Oracle Financials 11i (11.5.9), Sun Solaris, Oracle Reports 6i, Oracle Forms 6i, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Toad, SAP R/3, Oracle database 8i, PVCS