Project Implementation Manager for Oracle Full Life Cycle Implementations for phased and global roll outs for Finance, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, and SCM, Proven Project Management skills and team building qualities for clients in the US, EMEA and APAC, Controlled scope and completed projects within timeline and budgets, Mentored and Cross Trained colleagues and users at all levels. Produced quality deliverables based on best business practices and adapted to meet the clients’ additional requirements as needed.
Senior Financials Functional Consultant
- Implemented iExpense, EBTax, AP, AR on Oracle eBusiness Applications Release 12.2.
- Implemented iExpense, Payments, AP, AR and supported Advanced Collections on Release 12.1.3.
- Estimated and co - authored Statement of Work for clients in Texas and New Jersey.
- Led workshops for Financials Business Requirements phase. Assisted clients in developing the Training Plan for Go Lives.
- Authored UPK’s as draft documentation to be used for testing and used for training documents later.
- Wrote design documents for integrating bolt on solutions where clients used reporting tools, proprietary software and interfaces interacting with Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- Wrote and executed test scripts including end to end testing.
- Worked with Oracle Support, Confidential Tech and DBA team to solve go live and support issues for clients.
- Planned and conducted CRP, SIT and UAT milestones.
- Reported status and advised stakeholders with solution options for steering committee meetings.
- Configured and tested Proof of Concepts for clients to review.
- Attended sales calls in person and remotely to provide support, subject matter expertise and communicate software features and possible solutions.
- Managed local and off shore development efforts where clients selected customized solutions.
- Trained Super, Power and End User’s on solution.
- Used Toad and SQL Developer to troubleshoot and support clients.
IT Functional Project Manager and Implementer
- Rolled out a consolidated chart of accounts on Release 12 combining two ledgers previously on R11i for Genco, a third party Logistics Company based in Dallas with Corporate offices in Pittsburgh.
- Completed Go Live Setups, completed post go live configurations for month end, supported users at corporate and remote locations
- Trained users on best practices and guided them to business process changes to maximize Oracle Financials functionality not realized.
- Supported users on GL Wand, ADI and Hyperion Reporting Tools.
Project Implementation Specialist
- Responsibilities included delivering Finance, Supply Chain Management and CRM Solutions for China, Korea and the EU based on a Global Footprint including Oracle eBusiness Suite, Discoverer, Trax, Vertex (with Oracle R11 and EBTAX R12) software packages.
- Two R12 Upgrades with a shared service model in Czech and England.
- Solutioned and implemented global requirements for local government standards and reporting in each country.
- Authored Quick Reference Guides, conducted onsite training for each milestone (CRP, UAT and Go Live.)
- Mitigated issues related to budget constraints, fixed time deadlines, resource constraints availability, languages and culture challenges.
- Developed Statements of Work for each release, Project Plans, jointly developed and updated methodology for approach changes, documented requirements, identified business change opportunities to limit customizations and implement bolt on packages.
- Managed design and development of RICE elements with the Technical team.
- Worked side by side with the business to deliver a quality product from conception to post production support in full life cycles through phased regionally rollouts around the world.
- Developed solutions for AR, GL, AP, PO, OM, Shipping, CRM Foundations, and Advanced Collections.
- Controlled regional requirements through personalizations where possible instead of customizing.
- Managed Technical Team including offshore development for R12 upgrades.
- Responsible for the testing of Oracle GL and AP for interim releases throughout the year, updated and prepared training/testing documentation in Test Director, communicated with team as to what would be changed and streamlined for reusable collateral going forward, met with business process owners and third party consulting teams to derive what new testing requirements would need to be put into place to accommodate custom code being migrated, tracked actuals against the project plan to be on time and in budget, advised client and testing team towards best business practices, recommended alternative solutions when issues arose, facilitated transition to assist hosted support solution for long term maintenance, tracked defects and raised issues to the Program Management office as needed, and assisted cross functional teams in the human resource, eProcurement, payroll and APC when needed.
- Utilized the online Documentation repository to quickly get up to speed in preparation for scoping the testing requirements.
- Authored test scenarios, steps and sets for both IT and UAT.
- Coordinated and staged inbound and outbound interfaces to verify stability post patch and customization application.
- From scope and design through implementation and post production support, I was able to see organizations benefit from the automated flow of information in order to make informed business decisions based on key business indicators.
- Solved support issues and raised TARs where necessary for customer solutions.
- Performed scenario testing to support best business decision on change processes within the organization.
- Assigned to Projects for various industries throughout England and Scotland.
- Lead many workshops to identify Clients Business Requirements for both Current and Future Business Flows.
- Prepared database set-up for several Client Conference Room Pilots based on Best Business Practice and/or Customer Requirements.
- Implemented Fast Forward Financials Plus including Procure to Pay and Order to Cash Solutions in the Food and Beverage industry.
- Supported iProcurement Solution for Public Sector after major reorganization that resolved Procurement workflow issues.
- Represented the Financials and Procurement role in the Solution Centre at Oracle for a One Stop Shopping Place where all bids/proposals were created for the Confidential practice.
- Set-up Financials and Procurement modules for 60+ different Organizations at an IT Private Networking client.
- Completed System and User Accepting Testing on multiple staged implementation spanning over 30 countries.
- Prepared database set-up and conversions to be managed long term through Hosting solution for client.
- Conducted several Workshops to obtain Current and Future Business Requirements from Public Sector Clients in the UK.
- Prepared database set-up and delivery of Procure to Pay demonstrations based on Best Practices and then later with detailed customer requirements.
- Assisted in the completion of Request for Bids in the Public Sector for Financial and Procurement Solutions.
- Delivered Conference Room Pilot for County Council demonstrating Procure to Pay on an existing Financials instance.
- Managing the Phase II of an Oracle Application Implementation for AP, GL, FA, AR, INV, ADI, and DISCOVER at Kozmo, a Start Up eCommerce Business based in New York.
- Originally implementation included base functionality. Phase II included implementing unused functionality as well as numerous enhancements.
- Managed 3 Oracle Technical consultants and 2 Oracle Functional Consultants.
- Responsible for managing the Oracle team as well as coordinating all internal resources related to system support.
- Initiated activities related to integrating the system and support resources into the Confidential it infrastructure.
- This included working with database administrators, service/network people, functional liaisons, helpdesk representatives and training groups.
- Implemented periodic physical inventory counts and year-end closing procedures.
International Assignment Services Implementation Specialist
- Initial development of implementation methodology and key deliverables to be used for future implementations.
- Designing re-useable document templates, project plans, and deliverable standards.
- Responsible for development of conversion and interfaces tools to expedite future implementations. Prepared training documentation using Infomaker for client training and to meet reporting requirements.
- Involved in software quality testing prior to publishing new releases of the application software.
- For beta customers, completed setup and testing of notification functionality that crosses diverse architecture platforms and serves as the primary communication tool to employees.
- Ad-hoc & custom report development using Crystal reports.
- Tested Citrix for system performance from remote locations on GlobalAdvantage.
- Infomaker. Setup databases for trainers, sales demos, and D&T outsourcing/shared services group.
- Facilitated conversions of third party & legacy payroll data.
- Made major contributions during the sales cycle, including leading product demonstrations for Boeing and assisted in the setup and preparation of several client demonstrations during their software evaluation and selection process.
Financial Applications Specialist
- Implementation specialist for AR, AP, GL, FA, PO, and OPM (GEMMS).
- Supporting all modules in the CRP phase.
- Created test scripts and user guides.
- Trained remote locations on Purchasing, Receivables, and Payables.
- Completed interface mapping for lockbox capabilities.
- Document constraints between OPM and Financials.
- Monitored setup and verified completion for production.
- Validated AutoLockbox processes by setting up the correct transmission formats.
- Support Oracle applications post go live through the help desk database.
- Entered orders then booked those orders and completed appropriate RMAs.
- Processed pick release entered ship sets, Placed holds to validate business models.
- Tested custom reports for open orders not booked.
- Validated third party system interface for export items booked in that system but not picked in the Oracle database.
- AR/OE team lead for implementation of Receivables with a custom Order Entry module.
- Lead weekly status meetings with AR/OE team to stay on task with the project plan.
- Utilized Project Workbench as a tool for managing project goals and deliverables.
- Held technical overviews for customizations to be developed.
- Authored AIM documents as specifications to enhancements and conversions.
- Instructed the IS Leads on setup documentation of AR and MultiOrg.
- Troubleshoot any errors including logging tars when necessary.
Regional Credit Manager
- Implemented Oracle A/R and Business Planning Control System OE and the related training of credit department employees migrating from the AS/400. Primary responsibility included analysis and testing during the implementation. Performed report mapping and designed functional specifications for credit hold, invoicing, aged trial balances by class of trade and territory. Assisted in automating dunning letter unit to function by collector. Set up statement process by determining ending date, messaging capabilities, and customer type settings. Responsible for end of the month close process for receivables.
- Additional responsibilities include resolution of system errors, assessing credit limits by analyzing financials and Confidential & Confidential, cash forecasting, account reconciliation, evaluation of credit hold status and EOM balancing to the general ledger. Extensive customer communication as liaison between the Credit department, Information Systems and Customer Service to identify and resolve issues.
- Successfully completed a cash flow influx project in which I trained and supervised nine temporary employees in collection of $10 million over a nine-week period. Exceeded goal by 30% with a total of $13.8 million collected. Routinely prepared weekly cash flow forecasts based on customer payment patterns.
- Authored A/R training manual and administered training to the credit and order entry department specializing in the credit memo process and customer master with multiple ship to locations. Trained OE, GL, and A/R departments to access Oracle reports via FTP download through the internet for manipulation as an Excel file.
- Routinely verified process and procedures for lockbox activity via internet through Lotus Notes to be uploaded into Receivables. Refined procedures to accommodate prepay customers, streamlining receipt posting against orders. Validated EDI invoicing for national customers such as Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and OfficeMax.
- Evaluated credit holds status with respect to open orders and credit limits. Assessed credit limits using customer financial statements and Confidential & Confidential ratings accessible via internet account. Insured invoices reflected special pricing and market development discounts. Functioned as liaison between the Credit, IS and Order Entry Customer Service Departments to identify and resolve issues of order not invoicing through the receivables interface. Worked with distribution to implement shipment tracking by having UPS/Skyway automatically download bill of lading information to improve collection on receivables.
- Responsible for production of biweekly payroll for over 500 hourly employees. Interfaced and reconciled Kronos timekeeping system data into HIS Hotel Information System payroll module, updated employee deduction records including garnishment distribution, processed payroll and printed checks.
- Produced manual checks for local garnishment payments.
- Created and maintained processes for Food and Beverage events and customer credit and collections flow.
- Collected outstanding AR, reconcile customer accounts, routed adjustment approvals, open and closed the month, balanced cash and credit card systems, performed monthly maintenance on HIS. setup and updated Supplier accounts, matched invoices to POs, coded invoices and routed for approvals, ran weekly and ad hoc check requests and payments.
- Created monthly reports and review with management.
- Implemented ADP and setup centralized accounting based on a shared services model previously outsourced.
- Created and maintained garnishments and AP systems.
- Trained Accounting Clerks in all accounting areas.
- Authored procedures and training material.
- Created processes for accounting and HR information to flow back and forth for new hire, employee updates, payroll and 1099 reporting.
- Created and maintained research requests for Confidential Texas.
- Trained and led team on research tools. Lead contact for Customer Service requests.