- 6 Years of total Oracle Database Administration experience in implementing, Design, Development, Testing and Production support.
- Extensive hands - on experience in Installations, configuration, Cloning, Security, Patching, Upgrades of Oracle installation and configured on different platforms like Windows, Linux, RHEL, Oracle Solaris, HP-UX, IBM-AIX, providing 24x7 production support and development support
- Experience in Installation of 12C Grid Control on OEL 6.3 and experienced in monitoring and managing of Oracle instances using Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM grid) 10g /11g/12c.
- Experience in implementing and planning backup and recovery strategies using Recovery Manager (RMAN) . Performed block recovery, data files and databases using RMAN with point-in-time recovery option.
- Developed database monitoring/health check alert scripts for database uptime/downtime status, and sizing issues using grid control (OEM)
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 10g &11g RAC using Cluster ware and ASM.
- Installed Oracle Golden Gate 11g, Implemented uni-directional and bi-directional replication.
- Strong experience in RMAN, fail-over/fail-back/switch-over of stand by databases.
- Experienced in Installation and Configuration of Oracle Primary and Standby (Dataguard) Database and Switchover/Switchback of Database in 10GR2 /11GR2 RAC
- Experience in multi-node and RAC environments including configuration of PCP.
- Experience in very large scale database environment and mission critical large OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Created development, testing, staging, production, RAC and standby databases for OLTP, DSS and Data Warehousing using customized shell scripts and stepwise.
- Highly experienced in Cloning of Oracle databases from multi-node to single-node and single node to multimode
- Enabling Load Balancing in a Multi-Tier Architecture
- Created clone databases for development and test environments using RMAN and User managed cloning and Implementation of Flashback Technology.
- Implemented data transfer using Transportable Table Spaces (TTS), Data Pumps and Export/Import utilities.
- Enforced Security administration, system monitoring by adding and removing users, configuring quotas, auditing, and analyzing security problems.
- Setup procedure for Database statistics gathering - Frequency, Best Time of the day to execute stats gathering jobs, correct level of gathering statistics.
- Generate and interpret Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH), and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) reports using OEM.
- Configured Targets and used OEM to do the daily tasks regarding the performance, maintenance.
- Developing shell scripts and SQL scripts to carry out routine checks on databases.
- Implemented proactive monitoring scripts for production databases.
- Troubleshooting for slow performing SQL by enabling Database tracing including session specific tracing. Performed SQL Tuning using Explain Plan.
- Utilized SQL* Loader to migrate or load data to Oracle.
- Experience in using SQL, PL/ SQL procedures, functions, triggers and packages.
- Experience in SQL tuning using Explain Plans and Hints, Performance Tuning for better performance and Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database through database tuning - Tuning applications, Tuning Instance, and Tuning Disk Usage.
- Worked on different types of storage structures (SAN/NAS)
- Installed patches using Opatch utility and expertise in applying Oracle PSU and CPU patches.
- Multiple upgrades of Sun Solaris and Linux servers from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g and 11g to 12c.
- Experience with Oracle Support Process for Technical requests using Oracle Metalink and other support procedures.
- Result oriented, Self-motivated, Team Player, Ability to work independently and can work during weekends and on-call rotations for support and maintenance activities. Track record of meeting the SLA's within time, Ability to learn any technology and become productive.
Oracle: SQL*Loader, TKPROF, Toad, OEM, Toad, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACKAWR, ADDM, ASH, SQL, Developer, Grid Control, SSMS, EXPDP, RMAN
Operating Systems: Solaris 10/9/8, Sun Sparc, RHEL 5.X/4.X,OEL, HP UX 11i, Windows 2008/2010 server
Confidential - Deerfield Beach, FL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Oracle HA Stack: Install, Configure, Setup, Maintain and Support Oracle 11gR1, 11gR2, 12c RAC, Physical and Logical Standby database for Test, Development and Production for various home-developed applications like Portfolio Management Systems and vendor applications like SAP Business solutions
- Involve in 24x7 on-call support for 12 databases of 2.0 TB 4 Node production 10g and 11g RAC databases using Oracle 12c Cloud Control for Alert Monitoring and Notification
- Upgrade DBs from 220.127.116.11 to 12.1.
- Migrate to Multitenant Architecture using CDB and PDB of applications that otherwise have their own instances and qualify to be PDBs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve slowness or performance issues with extensive investigation and follow-up with respective application teams with RCA and proposed solutions.
- Resolve lock/latch and resource contention issues during production hours
- Configure Dataguard and Broker for administration of seamless switchovers.
- Upgrade GI and DBs from 11g to 12c with physical standby DBs in place
- Utilize SPM SQL Baselines, SQL Profiles and SQL Tuning Advisor for troubleshooting and providing tuning recommendations to application teams.
- Generate and analyze EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF trace files to identify root cause of SQL performance issues.
- Analyze AWR, ASH and ADDM reports and draw conclusions that aid in troubleshooting performance issues. Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting GoldenGate Replication issues
- Day-to-day usage of Oracle 11gR2 features - Real Application Testing, automatic SGA tuning, enhanced RMAN with Flash Recovery Area, Block Change Tracking, Merge backup, Oracle Data Pump, big file tablespaces, new EM Grid Control, Database Control, Studio Control, AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning/Access Advisors, SQL Performance Analyzer, Database Replay, SQL Plan Management, SQL Tuning Automation, Flashback Database, compression techniques and several others
- Usage of enhanced features in 12c like - Real Application Testing, Table and partition recovery using RMAN, Invisible columns, DDL Logging, Redo Log reduction on GTTs using temp undo enabled.
- Experience using enhanced features in 12c like - Real Application Testing, Table and partition recovery using RMAN, Invisible columns, DDL Logging
- Resolved RAC issues, OCR related issues, rebooting of faulty nodes, relocating the switched over services.
- Implemented Oracle TDE to provide transparent encryption of stored data to support submission efforts with release of Oracle 11g R2.
- Extensively used Oracle 11gR2 features - Real Application Testing, automatic SGA tuning, enhanced RMAN with Flash Recovery Area, Block Change Tracking, Merge backup, Oracle Data Pump, big file tablespaces, new EM Grid Control, Database Control, Studio Control, AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning/Access Advisors, SQL Performance Analyzer, Database Replay, SQL Plan Management, SQL Tunig Automation, Flashback Database, compression techniques and several others
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Database Replication issues
- Performance Tuning of Oracle Database Objects using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF, STATSPACK for optimized results
- Working with Application Development team to address any issues they encounter and provide support and resolution action plan
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager). SQL SERVERD DBA
- I nstalled , configured and upgraded the server to suit the database needs.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of User Support .
- Gathered and prepared data for research; updated basic tables and queries; build operations documentations created various ad-hoc reports like table, matrix, and sub-reports etc. as per end user requirements.
- Establish new user accounts for company employees, adhering to company's export compliance process.
- Documented Disaster recovery plans and participated in disaster recovery drills ; monitor SQL SERVER service status , Application log , Jobs , SQL SERVER Logs, Dead locks / Blocking
- Created logins , users and managed security based on the minimum required access
- Performed database refresh in Test and Development environments
- Import/Export data from/to like Oracle
- Created and scheduled maintenance plans for Backup, Index Reorganize/Rebuild , Update Statistics , Database Integrity Checks Used tools like SQL SERVER profiler , Perfmon to identify bottlenecks.
- Assisted developers in T -SQL queries , indexes , performance tuning & optimizations.
- Involved in development of automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup , integrity and r eplication and indexing.
Environment: Oracle 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM. Windows Server 2012/08R2/08/03, SQL Server Manager Studio
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
Oracle Database Administrator
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 126.96.36.199, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10g Grid Control.
- Loading data from flat files to database using SQL*Loader, External Tables.
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 11g, 10g two Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on AIX platform.
- Involved in converting a single instance database to Oracle 11g, 10g RAC databases.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning, oracle contention and monitored production database using automatic workload repository (AWR), automatic database diagnostic monitor (ADDM) and Active Session History (ASH).
- Worked closely with the Oracle developers for the better performance in Applications in writing the Packages, Triggers and Indexes on the tables.
- Database refreshes using expdp, impdp, RMAN Duplicate and cloning.
- Experienced in cloning the databases using HOT and COLD backups.
- Used RMAN Duplicate and HOT/COLD backups to migrate the data from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM and explain plan for periodic performance tuning.
- Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage area Networks (SAN) and Network attached storage (NAS).
- Documented the Standard Processes for peers to follow.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Implemented Flashback technology of the Oracle 11g, 10g along with Recyclebin for a faster recovery of the databases and database objects.
- Performed full & incremental backup (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Refreshed/cloned databases using RMAN utility.
- Performed Database upgrade from Oracle 9i (220.127.116.11) to Oracle 10g (10.2.0.5) and to Oracle 11g (18.104.22.168) RAC database.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Achieved optimized performance for the databases by rebuilding indexes, on tables and indexes.
Environment: Oracle, 22.214.171.124, 10.2.0.5, IBM AIX V6.1, RAC, ASM, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL* Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, TOAD 10.0