- Expert Senior BI / DW professional with nearly 10 years of IT Industry experience. Held multiple roles over my career including Project Lead, Solution Architect, BI Architect / Developer, ETL Architect / Developer, Data Modeler, Business Analyst & Tester.
- Experience delivering BI / DW solutions using Agile, Scrum and Waterfall delivery methodologies. Participated in full - solution lifecycle stages from Planning, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Migration, Production Support and implementation of software applications.
- Experience delivering solutions for domains including Insurance (P&C), Retail, Discrete Manufacturing, Transportation & Telecom.
- Hands-on technical expertise with Oracle Data Integrator 12c, Informatica 9.0, OBIEE 11g/12c Tools.
- Excellent team player, enthusiastic initiator, and ability to work in large and small teams as well as independently.
- Good communication and excellent problem solving, analytical skills.
- Excellent all round knowledge and expertise in delivering Data Warehousing Solutions:
- Worked on 100TB sized data warehouse to small data marts as per client needs
- Experience conducting interviews of business users, stakeholders, running JAD sessions to gather and document business requirements
- Experience developing realistic time estimates and identifying dependencies
- Designed and developed ODS, Data Mart (Kimball), Enterprise Data Warehouse (Inmon)
- Hands on experience with modeling Star Schema & Snowflake Schema models.
- Proficient in understanding existing business processes, converting business requirements to technical specs and delivering the solutions by using Reporting tools to suit the business needs.
- Data validation and standardization experience using SQL Scripts to reconcile and validate data after loading data through ETL.
- Experience with using RDBMS technologies like Oracle, Teradata and SQL Server 2005/2000 databases.
- Extensively used SQL * Loader to load data from flat files to database tables in Oracle.
- Experience in creating metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards.
- Multiple complex ETL mappings that include performance/debugging/monitoring for Insurance, Finance, Telecommunication domain using Informatica/ODI12c.
- Proficient in conducting end user training across multiple BI / ETL technologies
- Experience delivering solutions across multiple business areas including Finance, Sales, Marketing, Change Management, Order Management, Pricing, Purchasing, HR, Demand Planning, Quality, Inventory Warehouse Management, and Supply Chain.
- Expertise in Implementing OBIEE Security in Repository and Catalog.
- Expertise in creating Hierarchies, Dashboard prompts and filters
- Analyzed requirements, perform impact analysis, design modules, build and unit test the code
- Hands on Expertise on writing complex Database queries, Procedures, Functions.
- Expertise in Bi-Publisher, creating Dashboards, Financial Reports, Scheduling/Scheduler, Security Implementation, different analytic views like Pivot table, Graphs, Master-Detail reports, Action links e.t.c in OBIEE.
- SSO implementation in OBIEE in Linux environment.
- Designed and development of Dashboards, reports, Prompts, Filters, KPI’s etc through OBIEE.
- As ODI Architect/Developer, Hands-on exposure with ODI 11g/12c (Topology Manager, Security, Designer and Operator)
- Used ODI 12c to create packages, interfaces, procedures, scenarios and load plans that assisted in publishing data for part catalogs.
- Have understanding of real-time data extraction using functionality provided within Oracle Golden gate technology (v11g) and hands-on experience integrating with ODI 12c and loading into Oracle ODS.
- Developed complex mapping(s) / reusable mapping(s) using Expression, Aggregation, Filter, Set, Lookup, Split operators.
- Complete setup of ODI (Master & Work Repositories) from scratch that includes Topology (Physical /Logical Architecture, Agents, Contexts) & Security setup.
- Using knowledge modules (LKM, JKM, CKM) executed Scenario/Load Plan/Package deployment into Target Data mart(s).
- Performance tuning for various phases from Database to ELT based mappings.
- Experience with SCD Type 1 & 2 (CDC) implementation based on user requirement.
- Conducted KT sessions on how to run the mappings & scheduling the load plans.
- Experience extracting data from Oracle Analytics 11g (Financial Analytics, Human Resources Analytics, Procurement and Spend Analytics, Supply Chain Management & Order Management Analytics, Profitability Analytics, Manufacturing Analytics) and loading Oracle 11g ODS.
- Hands-on experience with Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.0 (Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor & Server Manager)
- Have extensive project experience in loading staging areas and Fact table(s) using various Informatica Transformations while implementing complex Business Logic.
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues, bug fixes and performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Worked with the Informatica Scheduler for scheduling the delta loads and master loads
- Extensively used various transformations like Filter, Router, Sequence Generator, Look Ups, Update Strategy, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Sorter, and Aggregator.
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality 9.0(IDQ) Toolkit for analyzing, standardizing, cleansing, matching, conversion, exception handling, reporting and monitoring the data.
ETL Tools: Informatica 8.6.1 Hotfix, Oracle Data Integrator (12c), OWB 10G R2
BI/OLAP Tools: OBIEE 11g/12c
Modeling Tools: ADONIS Modeling Tool, Erwin, Microsoft Visio
Languages: HTML, Java Script, TCL (for OWB)
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/7
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, MS-SQL Server 2005, Teradata
Others: PL/SQL Developer, Toad, Oracle Data Pump, Service Now
Confidential, St Petersburg, Florida
ODI Developer & Architect
- Participated in Data Modeling for Confidential Account Arrangement for Each Client & Financial Advisor to understand High Level requirements.
- Created Logical Data Models using Microsoft Visio by understanding Functional Requirements.
- Complete End-to-End installation of ODI on remote systems that include setup of Master & Work Repositories and create Logical & Physical Architecture ( Topology, Designer ) Components.
- Created Technical Specs for each Data Mart by understanding Functional Specs & conducting sessions with stakeholders for clear understanding the requirements.
- Involved complete life-cycle in designing, developing, implementing and supporting sophisticated BI data manipulation processes.
- Analyzed Data sources and target data models and proactively identified problem areas & plan/ implement steps for process improvement.
- Work with Technical Architect & DBA to understand data storage constraints and exposure on OLAP,OLTP,Data Mart development, Fact & Dimensional DB Designs.
- Created complex Initial Load, Forward Bridging & Back Ward Bridging Realtime Scenarios using ODI 12c inbuilt features like CDC, Various transformations.
- Scheduling all jobs to run on Daily, weekly, Monthly using Topology.
- Creating Complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages where necessary within project scope.
- Created Unit Test Plan, VSD Diagrams, DIT Review sessions that reviewed with final stake holders
Technologies: ODI 12c (12.1.3), Oracle, Flat files, Service Now, SharePoint.
Oracle Data Integrator Architect & OBIEE Reporting Analyst
- Performed Exporting and Importing CDC objects using Oracle Data Pump.
- Automation of manual stored procedure/SQL scripts using ODI.
- Used Topology Manager to schedule the Scenario - using Agent.
- Created master & work repositories and configured ODI connections for source and target systems in Topology and managed with load balancing to execute ODI Objects.
- Used ODI for reverse engineering to retrieve metadata from data storage and load to repository.
- Developed high performance analysis, dashboards in OBIEE data from Oracle Database and provided ideal BI solution to users and created application and session variables based on need.
- Implemented & designed OBIEE RPD Physical, Business and Presentation Layers
- Accessing the Hyperion reports using SSO approach in OBIEE application.
- Involved in Security level and admin activities of OBIEE.
- SSO implementation in OBIEE in Linux Environment
- Understanding of Business requirements through Client Status calls.
- Implemented Object level security and Data level security in OBIEE.
- Participated business meetings, analysis of the functional specifications and preparing the Design Document.
- Loading mappings by using different knowledge modules and creating scenarios, using variables and context to execute the mappings.
- Experience in Bi-Publisher, creating Dashboards, Financial Reports, Scheduling/Scheduler, Security Implementation, different analytic views like Pivot table, Graphs, Master-Detail reports, Action links etc. in OBIEE.
- Design of Reports and Dashboards, .rpd (Repository) file and pivot tables, graphs, scheduling, alerting mechanism etc.
- Understanding Hadoop HDFS and Map Reduce Internals and development using Hadoop ecosystems covering Map Reduce, HDFS, Hive, HBase
- Created dimension hierarchies and assigned levels to have level-based measures.
- Installing & configuring OBIEE environment and creating User’s Groups and setting Privileges.
- Managed the code migration from Development to QA and Production environments.
- Automation of delivering the reports to end users by using agents in OBIEE.
- Scheduled dashboards for extract refreshes in off-peak hours.
- Generated test cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Performed Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensures that the new system will perform correctly in a production environment and interface correctly with other production systems.
- Participated in the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Set-up user level security for dashboards and reports, per client specification
- Automated Export/Import of scenarios across environments (Development, Test and Production)
Technologies: Oracle Data Integrator 12c, Hadoop 2.2.0, OBIEE 11g, BI Publisher, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, Flat Files.
OBIEE Architect & ODI Installation/Configuration
- Experience extracting data from Oracle Analytics 11G (Financial Analytics, Human Resources Analytics, Procurement and Spend Analytics, Supply Chain Management & Order Management Analytics, Profitability Analytics, Manufacturing Analytics) and loaded into Oracle 11g ODS
- Met with Business Stakeholders and Functional team to gather project technical requirements.
- Updated/created the Technical Specifications using Ma’aden existing Oracle BF080 & BF045 templates.
- Understanding pre-configured Oracle AIM for Business Flows Methodology.
- Designing and development of Dashboards, reports, Prompts, Filters, KPI’s etc.
- Used Knowledge Modules to achieve client requirements such as connecting to specific technology, extracting data from SAP & PeopleSoft Source System, transforming the data, checking it, integrating it.
- Performed Fit Gap Analysis for Procurement & Spend Analytics, Supply Chain Management Analytics
- Created ODI environment for Ma’aden team: Planned (estimated space and server needs and shared with client), installed and configured ODI v11g (Master Repository, Work Repository, Projects, Models, Sources, Targets, Packages, Knowledge Modules, Scenarios).
- Developed the migration process required to migrate ODI configuration through test, production and contingency environments.
- Created backups for the interface and also exporting and importing the interfaces from one project to another
- Performed negative testing of the application.
Technologies: OBIEE 11g, BI Publisher, ODI 11g, Oracle 10g (SQL Queries, PL/SQL), PL/SQL Developer, Flat Files.
Lead Tableau Developer
- Created Rich graphic visualizations with Drill-down & Drill-down menu option and parameterized using Tableau.
- Created Heat Map showing current subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users.
- Developed Dashboard reports for Key Performance Indicators used to analyze the profits/loss for Senior Management.
- By using context filters, generated Tableau ad hoc reports from excel sheet, flat files for Underwriters to reduce manual generation of Reports from Excel.
- Provide technical guidance to users, also gave technical support, performed troubleshooting, and monitored system usage.
- Created multi-data source Tableau views and dashboards using heterogeneous data sources, namely: Oracle, SQL Server and Flat Files (Excel, CSV).
- Published workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate team can view it.
- Performance Optimization in Various Views/dashboards like used Blending option wherever join required integrating two different datasets. Divided complex calculations into multiple parts like (Row level calculations on one calculated field and aggregated calculations on second calculated field). Removed unnecessary fields during import of tables.
- Analyzed performance of dashboards using log files & Database performance monitors.
- Monitored Oracle database activities, performance, and size. Increase the size if required and identified and resolved performance issues in SQL Queries and tuned using indexes and table partitioning and correct database.
- Had direct interaction with client on a daily basis for development and current activities in the project
- Developed medium as well as complex reports using Tableau Desktop and applied Drill-Thru functionality to most of the reports as per the requirement.
Technologies: Tableau 8.2/8.3(Desktop/Server), Oracle 10g (SQL Queries, PL/SQL), PL/SQL Developer, Flat Files.
Informatica Technical Architect & Developer
- Responsible for handling & maintaining servers part of development, Test, Stage, DR, Production environments
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from source to targets.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop mappings in Informatica Designer.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL Override.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, loading into data warehouse.
- Used Type1, Type2 SCD Mappings to update slowly changing dimension tables.
- Worked on complex Source Qualifier queries, pre and post SQL queries in the Target.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflow Manager like Sessions, Event Raise, Event Wait, Decision, Email, Command, Worklets, Assignment, Timer and Scheduling of workflow.
- Fully owned the development and enhancement of the interfaces as per the requirement
- Prepared specification documents for any system enhancements
- Developed standard reports, charts, drill through reports, master detail reports, map reports using Report Studio and Query studio.
- Created complex dashboards with pie charts, crosstab and multi prompts in Report Studio.
- Developed various reports using functionalities like Render variables, conditional blocking, cascading prompts, conditional formatting.
- Documented & tracking the changes and upgrading in the application.
- Working on the Change Management to effectively manage changes related to the application
- Delivering new system enhancements which includes version upgrade and system upgrades Migration
Technologies: Windows XP, Oracle 10g (SQL, PL/SQL), Cognos 8, Informatica 8.6.1 Hotfix, Pl/SQL Developer
- Conduct due diligence, knowledge acquisition and design review phase.
- Preparation of high level and low level design documents for extraction, transformation & loading (ETL) and user interface (UI) phase.
- Create mockup, their review and prototyping phase for ETL & UI at offshore.
- Capturing of change requests (CR) owing to changing business requirements, its review and prioritization with business teams.
- Plan for phased implementation of the CR in the current and subsequent releases.
- Complete end to end life cycle implementation of ETL & UI phases for 7 subject areas namely Employee performance, First Pass Fill Rate(FPFR), Forecast Accuracy, Financial Performance, Vendor Performance, Audit and Inventory Performance.
- Development and rollout of 30+ mappings for ETL phase for 7 subject areas.
- Development and rollout of 93 canned reports and 7 dashboards for 7 subject areas using Cognos.
- Creation of performance management, quality assurance, system integration & load testing strategies and their implementation.
Technologies: HP-Unix, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica 7, Cognos 8 (Report Studio)