- Oracle certified professional (OCP 11g, OCP 10g) with 10 plus years of experience with Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i Installation, Administration, Monitoring, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, Backup and Recovery on Linux/Unix, Sun Solaris, HP - UX and Windows platforms.
- Excellent track record in providing 24/7 on-call support for both production and development databases in timely manner as per client-defined SLAs.
- Experience in managing multi-node Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Automatic storage management (ASM) technologies in providing high-availability solutions.
- Hands-on experience in managing Oracle RAC one-node environment and utilities like Srvctl and Crsctl, to provide optimal failover solutions.
- Involved in migration of databases running on HP-UX to RAC one-node on Linux platform.
- Performed version upgrades of databases from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g using DBUA.
- Experience in OEM 12C implementation and management for monitoring and managing various metrics and alerts and to perform maintenance tasks.
- Raised SRs with MOS on issues requiring vendor intervention and followed up to closure by interacting closely with Oracle personnel and providing relevant logs to aid in issue resolution.
- Actively involved in implementing security and auditing by creating necessary roles/privileges and profiles to be in compliance with SOX.
- Experience in creating necessary database links between databases, by extracting password using Dbms Metadata package.
- Exposure to new and advanced features like Database Replay, Flashback methodologies, Schema Management and RMAN in Oracle 11g.
- Experienced in using 11g features like Data Pump encompassing various refresh scenarios, AWR reports for troubleshooting performance issues and ADDM to recommend corrective actions.
- Implemented Best Practices for Maintenance, Monitoring, Backup/Recovery, Growth Management, contention Resolution and defragmentation across diverse environments.
- Work closely with development teams to deploy code to production environment, in order to enhance application functionalities.
- Expert knowledge of capacity management to estimate potential growth of tablespaces for future releases.
- Extensive knowledge in Database Cloning using RMAN, VERITAS Net Backup, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- Strong experience in Hot/Cold Backups and Point-in-time Recovery procedures using RMAN.
- Proficient in administration activities like Patching, Cloning and scripting for automating routine tasks.
- Experience in Upgradation of Database from 9i to 10g and 10g to 11g.
- Experience in using tools such as TOAD and SQL developer.
- Hands on experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Partitioning and Logical and Physical Database Design.
- Knowledge of SQL loader to perform bulk loading of data.
- Possess technical know-how of implementing Oracle golden gate and Dataguard.
- Experience with installation of oracle clients and configuring tnsnames/sqlnet.ora on a wide variety of platforms.
- Experienced with tuning database to get optimal performance using tools such as AWR, ADDM and ASH.
- Able to use ADRCI utility to manage various trace and log files and prevent uncontrolled growth.
- Hands-on experience working with OS utilities like VI, CRON, FTP, TOP and IOSTAT to be able to effectively perform database-related tasks.
- Expert knowledge of using graphical utilities like database upgrade assistant and database configuration assistant to perform database upgrades/creation.
- Experience in coordinating with Sysadmins and application developers to troubleshoot problems in a timely and systematic manner.
- Expert troubleshooting skills honed by interacting with end users with minimal exposure to Oracle.
- Experience in working with ticketing tools like remedy and ITSM for issue tracking and closure as per defined SLAs and to prepare reports for perusal of higher management.
- Above par documentation skills detailing various activities for uploading into CMDB repository and for knowledge dissemination to junior team members.
Oracle Products: Oracle 11/10g / 9i, RMAN, RAC, RAC one node, Data Guard, ASM. Golden Gate
OS: Solaris, Redhat Linux, HP-UX, Windows
Oracle Tools: SQL*Plus, Toad, SQL Navigator, SQL Developer, OEM Grid Control, PUTTY
Other Databases: Sql Server
Confidential, Holland, MI
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Work closely with application team to deploy code to database environment in a phased manner with initial deployment being in development and QA environment, followed by production after comprehensive testing.
- Involved in installation of Oracle software and creation of databases as per best practices to fulfil application requirements.
- Responsible for configuring, testing and monitoring backups and testing them for recoverability, for various databases and schemas using RMAN and datapump utilities.
- Troubleshooting a wide variety of issues faced by application teams and end users as well as diagnose and resolve errors seen in the alert logs.
- Perform database, schema and table level refreshes periodically from production to QA and DEV environments to enable application teams to perform their work effectively.
- Optimizing and tuning SQL queries using tools like TKPROF and generating EXPLAIN PLAN. Extensively use tools like AWR and ADDM to help with this endeavor.
- Used Flashback Technology-Query, Table and Drop to undo specific transactions, provided point-in-time recovery of database objects and recover database objects.
- Responsible for providing access and implementing security and auditing after understanding the requirement for various kinds of access requested, so as to be compliant with SOX requirements.
- Bulk loading of data using SQL loader utility.
- Involved in deploying agents on different hosts and configure metric thresholds for various alerts so as to be alerted during emergencies using OEM 12c.
- Responsible for working with Sysadmins to extend filesystems that are facing a space crunch.
- Responsible for tracking runaway application processes, resulting in high CPU utilization and taking corrective action after working with the appropriate application user or team involved.
- Performance tuning of oracle databases using SQL Access Advisor, SQL Performance Analyzer, SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Work with MOS to troubleshoot issues that requires intervention from higher-tier support personnel.
- Responsible for creation of database links, synonyms and views and compile objects using UTLRP.
- Responsible for installation of Oracle clients on a wide variety of platforms and establish connection to the necessary databases using TNSNAMES.ora/SQLNET.ora files.
- Responsible for monitoring RMAN backup jobs and analyze tables and indexes of Oracle database periodically to enable effective optimization plans for better performance.
- Responsible for reviewing alerts from alert logs and take corrective action as and when needed.
- Keep an eye on tablespace utilization and take corrective action as needed and also involve in review meetings with app teams to proactively resize tablespaces as per application requirement.
- Performed upgrade of oracle database from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 to be compliant with Oracle support matrix.
Environment: Linux, HP-UX, Oracle 11G/10G/9i/8i, RAC, ASM, OEM Grid Control 12c, SQL developer, PUTTY, Remedy, ITSM
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Involved in upgrade of databases on Solaris from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g AND from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g using DBUA.
- Responsible for patching the databases with the latest patches released by Oracle affecting our environment using OPatch utility.
- Responsible for effective capacity management and implementing changes to improve effective functioning of the databases after presenting ideas and getting approval from a CAB.
- Responsible for Installation of oracle software and creation of Oracle databases using DBCA/manual scripts.
- Performed database refreshes using Oracle Data pump utilities as well as traditional exp/imp utilities..
- Analyze tables periodically to enable optimizer to use up-to-date statistics for better performance.
- Optimized data loading using SQL*Loader to load different types of data from flat files to the database.
- Implemented and tested backups periodically using RMAN and hot/cold backups.
- Prepared test environments for backup/recovery using RMAN and Recovering Databases when there is any physical or Logical Corruption.
- Check for block level corruption using DBVERIFY.
- Detected locks and resolving in-doubt transactions manually.
- Extensive Experience with Change Board Meetings and Change Control Management for all database changes.
- Worked with Oracle support to troubleshoot and resolve issues when the need arose.
- Participated in database audits and ensure compliance with defined policies.
- Participated in requirement gathering meetings with customer before building new database environments.
- Participated in internal database team meetings with peers and management for db work/project status update.
- Always uploaded the common share point repository with all updated work related documents for knowledge dissemination.
Environment: Solaris, Windows, Putty, TOAD, Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, Remedy, ServiceNow
- Involved in installation, configuration and support of Oracle 9i databases.
- Providing 24x7 on call support for the business critical production databases.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by end users with not much exposure to Oracle.
- Configured the automated alerts for the production servers, which alerts DBA whenever free space in a tablespace falls below a critical configured threshold.
- Cleaning the ORACLE HOME file system by cleaning the log files, alert log file and purging listener.log files.
- Work with the application team to deploy code to appropriate environments.
- Creating users and granting relevant roles to them.
- Schedule cronjobs and monitoring application specific background processes.
- Performance tuning for optimized results using Explain Plan, SQL*Trace, TKPROF and Stats pack.
- Created physical standby database (for disaster recovery) from hot backup of primary database.
- Detect database locks and blocking sessions and take appropriate action to resolve the situation.
- Create monthly reports to capture tablespace utilization at an application and database level and share with appropriate app teams for effective trend analysis.
- OS level activities like space monitoring of Mount points.
- Interfacing with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
Environment: Solaris, Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i, TOAD, Smarterm essential, Remedy