- More than 13 years of progressive experience as Database Administrator of Oracle Database, Oracle Application Server, MS SQL server and IBM DB2 database includes installation, setup, creation, configuration, tuning, migration, upgrades, logical and physical database design, backup, recovery, partitioning, replication, shell scripting and maintenance processes on heterogeneous operating systems including Solaris, HP Unix, Linux,Tru64 Unix and Windows.
- Over 21 years of IT working experience with a proven background of technical problem solving. a self - motivated, responsible, and reliable team player with a set of very strong technical skills.
- Extensive experience with database architecture, relational and object relational database design, development, coding and testing of business/commercial applications using Oracle database, MS SQL Server Database, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL * Plus, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Designer, SQL *Loader, Oracle Export/Import, Oracle Data pump, TOAD, T-SQL, DTS, SQL Query Analyzer, INFORMATICA etc.
- Over one year of experience as IBM DB2 Database Administator.
- Over one year worked as a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database administrator in Confidential (NIH), Maryland.
- Customer service oriented, strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- A solid understanding of business functions, systems and data.
- Strong understanding of networking, platforms, OS management, trouble shooting, networking, hardware compatibility and system Administration on Windows, Unix systems.
- Strong understanding and experience of Oracle Hot/Cold backups, recovery, restore, copy databases, database scheduled jobs, cron jobs, RMAN backup and restore, Data guard, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Explain Plan and SQL trace .
- Experienced with Data guard, Oracle10g Grid Control and Advanced Oracle Queue, partitioning and Basic Replication
- Developed or modified oracle backup and recovery scripts. Used Oracle backup utility RMAN and user-managed backup and recovery to implement oracle backup and performed a number of times of disaster recovery.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) databases .
- Developed distributed applications using Oracle Database, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports and Oracle Designer.
- Extensive experience in installing and upgrading Oracle 9i, 10g and Oracle 10g Application server, Oracle 10g Developer suits and Oracle Warehouse Builder(OWB) . Planning and creating the database and their objects tables, tablespaces, views, indexes, database links, triggers, packages, functions, procedures, synonyms, user accounts, roles, privileges and db links.
- Reporting the problems to Oracle, getting the latest patches and upgrades from Oracle and keeping in touch with the latest technologies of Oracle related products.
- Extensive Business knowledge and experience in Healthcare, Housing Finance (Home Mortgage), Government, Manufacturing (Chemicals & Textiles) and successfully executed projects for the Federal and State Government, Largest Home Mortgage company.
- Upgraded development, test, stage and production databases from 9i to 10g.
- Design and developed complex PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions and database triggers to applications.
- Developed ETL mappings for data extract and load using INFORMATICA 9.x
- Designed and Developed n-tier (including business and data tier) applications. Well versed with Back end, Middle tier, Front end and GUI Development.
- Strong Business and applications analysis skills with excellent communication and professional skills.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing skills and work
- Ability to work in-groups as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and software technical skills.
Sr. Oracle DBA Consultant
- Provided Oracle Database administrative support for CMS PECOS and PDE projects with Oracle 11g/10g running on Linux, Solaris and Windows server.
- Designed and created database schema objects for the application
- Created new schemas with data from previous release objects to support development and system testing efforts for future releases including dot release.
- Provided assistance in logical and physical data modeling using ERWIN tool.
- Identified, resolved or provided recommendations to other different kind of the performance problems ranging from database performance problems to I/O hardware performance problems. The tools used mainly are Oracle Enterprise Manager, Explain Plan, SQL Developer and some my own scripts.
- Created materialized views for PDE project and scheduled to run an Oracle job to refresh them.
- Created new databases, schemas, users, roles, configure registry parameters, setup backups and recovery, schemas refresh and other monitoring scripts.
- Responsible for maintaining database objects/scripts in varies database environments (Development, System test, Validation and Production).
- Migrated database schema objects from CGI environment to CMS databases.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions for PECOS project.
- Supported for data extract and data load using PL/SQL package and an ETL tool INFORMATICA 9.
Sr. Oracle DBA Consultant
- Provided DB2 database administrative support for CMS HITECH project.
- Responsible for DB2 9.7 logical and physical database design, implementation and maintenance on Windows NT environments.
- Managed and resolved database issues during development.
- Developed some DB2 database operations and maintenance scripts.
- Updated reference data to CGI local databases from CMS environments.
- Helped the development team in writing/tuning SQL queries.
Environment: Oracle Database 11g/10g, SQL, SQL * Plus, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripts, IBM DB2 9.x, JIRA, Sun4u SPARC, ZLinux64, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, INFORMATICA 9.7, Erwin 7.2, Source safe, SVN, SQL Developer, PLSQL Developer
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Install, configure and upgrade Oracle10g database software in Solaris 5000 Server, Tru64 Server and Windows.
- Refresh/Copy production data to Training database.
- Maintain and monitoring OLTP and Data Warehousing databases including Backup/Recovery.
- Worked on Oracle10g database migration from Tru64 Unix Server to Sun Solaris 5000 Server using Oracle tools Export/Import and Datapump.
- Wrote PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Function, Database Trigger, PL/SQL script and Unix shell script as required for applications.
- Worked on trouble-shooting SQL query performance issues, application issues, Oracle Advanced Queues, unix cron jobs, oracle daily scheduled jobs, materialized view refresh, data problems and day to day database issues.
- Provides technical support to developers to write SQL query and data validations to ensure database data integrity.
- Resolved end user errors including application access issues, login problem, data errors etc.
- Worked on Deployment tickets to deploy in development, test, training, reporting database and production environments.
- Implement and maintain database security through granting and revoking privileges to user accounts.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation in support of the production databases
Environment: Oracle Database 9i/10g, SQL, SQL * Plus, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripts, Compaq Tru64 Unix Version 10.1, Windows 2003 Advanced Server, Windows XP, OEM,Clearcase, Oracle Designer, TOAD, SQL Developer
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Write Unix Korn shell scripts for database maintenance like backup, recovery, purge archive log files etc. in Test, Train and Production environment.
- Verify hot and cold daily backups in all three environment.
- Create and maintain the database replication in test, train and production environment.
- Deploys new application packages in test, train and prod environment.
- Write PL/SQL procedures, function, database trigger and packages as required for applications.
- Perform day to day database operations in test, train and production databases
- Perform problem determination and trouble-shooting of technical problems with the databases. Act as a liaison between application vendor (Northrop Grumman (NG) and Bearing Point) and user and achieves a timely resolution to related problems.
- Provide technical assistance to the user community and applications support staff.
Environment: Oracle 9i/8i, SQL, SQL * Plus, PL/SQL, Unix korn shell scripts, SQL* Loader, HP-UX 11, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2003, Windows XP.