- Highly Proficient & focused Certified Oracle Database & Application Developer/Analyst.
- Having a successful 12+ years’ experience developing and maintaining comprehensive Oracle databases and applications.
- Proven database design and architecture skills on high profile projects.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), namely Requirements Analysis, System Designing, Development (Coding), Unit testing, and Implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in fast - paced challenging environments.
- Worked in a variety of industries including
- A diligent & result oriented team player, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have great written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning/Designing/Creating Databases
- Developing Database Stored Procedures/Functions/Packages
- Classic (Character based), GUI (Graphical Desktop) and Web-based Applications Development
- Database Performance Monitoring/Tuning & Application Instrumentation, Tracking and Tuning
- Requirement Analysis and Data Modeling
- System Designing with Impact Analysis
- Advanced PL/SQL Programming & SQL tuning
- Normal & Big Data Analysis/Migration & Reporting
- Exposure to latest web development technologies
- Technical Documentation (BRD, FDD, HLD, DDD)
- Experience in Agile methodology as well as traditional ones
- SQL*Plus Scripts & Unix Shell scripting
- Cloud Experience in Oracle, AWS & MS-Azure
- QA/UAT/Production Support and Maintenance.
- Extensive development experience in advanced Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Progamming (in Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c & 18c).
- Wrote Enterprise level robust PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions for implementing Business logic/Rules while ensuring data integrity, consistency and security.
- Performed Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) to process data from different sources into different target systems using different database plateforms under different operating systems, used Oracle SQL*Loader, Data pupm import/export and UTL FILE package. Also used Microsoft SSIS, MySQLDump.
- Excellent in Query Optimization using optimizer hints, Explain plan, SQL trace, TKPROF, Parallel processing, Update statistics.
- Experience with XML parsing;Transformed data from xml files into Relational tables and created XML files from regular tables.
- Hands on experience in constructing and executing Dynamic SQL statements using Native method (execute immendiate) as well as using the DBMS SQL, DBMS DDL packages.
- Experience in working with high transaction OLTP Database systems that need quick response time.
- Extensive experience in creating structured type variables including PL/SQL tables, Record variables, REF cursors, and object typed variables (and collections of object type)
- Very sound experience in PL/SQL performance tuning and program instrumentation. Used Bulk Collect, Forall, and dynamic SQL with bind variables to improve performance, and used methods of DBMS APPLICATION INFO for program instrumentation and tracking.
- Used exception handling in PL/SQL using Pragma Exception init, Raise Application Error statements, and sqlcode, sqlerrm variables, and exception progagation rules to control exceptions and make program less error-prone.
- Experience in using partitioned tables and indexes, used partition pruning for performance benefits.
- Extensive in using Large object types BLOB, CLOB and BFILE type variable, wrote robust routines to read/write LOBs.
- In-depth working experience of UNIX shells scripting. Also, experience with Unix Cron scheduler and Autosys schedular.
- Experience in using Oracle supplied packages such as DBMS STATS, DBMS JOBS, DBMS SYSTEM and DBMS UTILITY, DBMS SCHEDULER,….
Databases: Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL, Database Administration), MS-SQL Server (TSQL, SSRS, SSIS), MySQL, Informix, Sybase and Cassandra (Big data, NoSQL DB).
Other Software/Utilities: Oracle SQL*Plus, TOAD, Oracle-SQL-developer, PLSQL-Developer, SQL*Loader, Data pump, MS Visual Studio, SQL Server Mgmt.-studio, Microsoft BIDS, MySQL, Net Beans/Eclipse for Java, CVS, SVN, GIT.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Oracle Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, Windows-10/8/7/Vista/XP, Windows Servers 2kx, VAX-VMS, IBM DOS/VSE & MVS operating systems.
Senior Oracle Developer
- Read and Analyze existing system documentation and new requirements,
- Read nd understand existing system programs written in Unix shell scripts and Sybase SQL stored procedures
- The major tasks are to develop ETL and data migration programs/scripts in Oracle that will replace Sybase and Unix shell script code.
- Change tasks scheduling from Unix schedular to Oracle jobs schedular using DBMS SCHEDULAR package.
- Generate sample data for testing and perform Unit testing of code modules, and compare results based on sample data.
- Attend weekly and monthly development meeting to report project progress.
Environment: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL Development, Sybase (ASE and IQ) SQL and program analysis and Unix shell scripting and Java Programming. Used JIRA, GIT and Jenkin for project tracking, source control and build automation.
Senior Oracle Developer
- Meeting clients to discuss and gather business requirements,
- Building the business requirements document (BRD) based on these meetings,
- Translate user requirements to functional requirements, and generate functional design spec. document (FDSD),
- Design prototypes and perform actual system designing, and generate high level & detailed design documents,
- Perform actual coding with unit testing, showing completed tasks to business and taking their input/feedback,
- Create deployment scripts, instructions to be used for deployment in QA, UAT & Production environments,
- Worked in both the back end and front end development teams, and also developed java programs to generate .pdf reports,
- Write test cases/plans and support QA, UAT teams with testing,
- Perform post-deployment tasks including Production support and System maintenance.
Sr. Database Developer/Analyst
- Rogers.com portal and Fido.ca portal’s product catalog support including a few sub-systems,
- Rogers dispatch tool (Technicians scheduling), It had 4 sub-systems,
- Rogers E-Biz system for their devices supply chain,
- Rogers Common Inquiry systems (RCIS) for Rogers customer care (For all customers including wireless, Home, Phone Cable TV, High speed Internet, Smart Home monitoring systems).
- Gather & identify business data requirements from BSA, understand the information needs and translate those into conceptual, logical and physical database models.
- Perform system analysis & design, programming (coding program units based on agreed design), unit testing and supporting deployments, following Rogers SDLC methodology & adhering to company’s technology standards.
- Produce test plans/scripts and perform test execution using available/appropriate tools.
- Analyzing query performance issues and modifying data structures/application code to fix performance problems.
- Prepare and maintain all technical documents throughout different project phases.
- Generate data in Test database using some ad hoc SQL, PL/SQL scripts and performing Stress testing.
- Used Oracle Developer Suite (Forms, and Reports: 10g) for Rogers devices’ supply-chain system - this system involved designing screens/flash reports for sales and purchase orders, inventory status’.
- Provide support to QA, UAT teams and Production implementation team during deployment phases.
Senior Oracle Developer
- Gathering requirements, Understanding/Analysis of Requirements.
- Build a Technical design document, with impact analysis, this included data model and code changes.
- Meetings with project lead for design review, conducting a complete walkthrough of design, with a discussion about further improvements, resulting in a more refined & detailed design document.
- Development - Coding programs based on the approved design, perform Unit testing.
- Checking code into and out of CA SCM (Software Change Manager) and Code Merging
- Integration testing, to ensure that combined changes from all developers are working fine with each other,
- Submit code for code review, and conducting code review for changes from other developers,
- Populating data in the UAT database with some ad hoc SQL, PL/SQL scripts and performing Stress testing (load testing with the amount of data close to production and seeing the performance.
- Providing support in Deployment to different environments (Integration, QA, UAT & Production).