- Over 9+ years of experience in IT industry involving software development, implementation, production support , team leading, project management by executing projects to desired expectations.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance with timely delivery on different Business applications.
- Developed PL/SQL programs as Database Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages.
- Expertise in Client - Server application development using Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD, Workflow Builder and SQL*LOADER with experience in UNIX and Windows.
- Developed various Oracle Applications using PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Reports, Workflow Builder, and Application Object Library.
- Gather requirements and design of Data Mart with Extraction-Transformation-Transportation process (ETT) and data warehousing entities.
- Extensive experience in Database Development including effective use of Database objects, SQL Trace, Explain Plan, Different types of Optimizers, Hints, Indexes, External tables, Table Partitions, Indexes, Cursors, Ref cursors, Materialized Views, Capabilities of using Oracle Built-in Functions with Oracle.
- Tuning of SQL Queries to improve performance of a system. Identify root causes and resolve problems related to system functionality.
- Strong Knowledge of Healthcare modules- TriZetto Facets and project experience supporting Provider/Finance/Billing/Encounter systems (BLSH/BLEI/BLSB, PRPR).
- Experience in design and implementation of On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) and On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP).
- Transformed business-oriented functional specifications into ETL and OFSAA Test Scenarios and associated Test cases.
- Extensively worked on Data Design and Development on SQL Server, T-SQL, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, SSIS/DTS Package Configuration , SSRS, SSAS and Data-warehousing.
- Partitioned large tables using range partition technique and worked on Oracle supplied packages like DBMS SQL, DBMS JOB and UTL FILE.
- Strong Data Warehousing ETL experience of using Informatica 10.2/9.1 Power Center Client tools - Mapping Designer, Repository manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor and Server tools, Repository Server manager.
- Experience in design, monitor performance for VMware ESXi and Vsphere environments for virtualization.
- Strong communication with the project team throughout all the stages of design, analytical problem solving and highly organized.
Operating Systems: Windows 2003, 2008, RHEL 3/4/5, Solaris, Linux
Databases: Oracle 12C/11g/10g/9i, MS: SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, Netezza, Teradata,MongoDB.
ORACLE Tools: SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, DTS, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), TOAD.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, DTS, Informatica Power Center 9.5/10.2, Visual Studio 2012/2017.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development studio, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer.
Software Core Competencies: Active Directory Services: 2000 & 2003, VMware vSphere and ESX-3.5, 4.0 and 5.0, Tableau for Data Visualization, FACETS 5.70 R2.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, KSH, HTML, CGI, HTML, XML, C, C++.
Utilities: Toad, SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Redgate SQL Compare and integrator
- Involved in Agile methodology by analyzing business requirements and understanding the functional workflow of information from source systems to destination in the System Development Life Cycle .
- Coordinated with the design team to provide with the necessary stored procedures and packages with the necessary insight into the data.
- Created extensive PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Designed and implemented disaster recovery plan using standby databases with data guard.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- New performance related features of Oracle12c have been incorporated in PL/SQL code for faster execution using TOAD.
- Configured/managed Oracle Data Guard for databases 11g/10g.
- Developed custom, dynamic reports and integrated with Interactive Intelligence System (I3) for the Call Center, using Crystal Reports XI R2.
- Extensively worked on developing a Data mart for the FACETS Finance team process for collecting all the Invoice payments and collaborated internally with other subledger reports.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Performed administrative activities viz. installing, configuring and maintaining Crystal Reports Enterprise, Adding & Updating repository objects, Maintaining Enterprise Server and configuring InfoView.
- Generated server-side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and materialized views for remote instances and enhance the performance.
- Monitored DR (Data Guard) implementations regarding connectivity issues and log shipping to failover site.
- Worked on development, administration and support of ETL processes using SSIS for Employee Group Retiree (EGR) Auto Refund process developed for CA and GA markets.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Extensively used DBMS XPLAN to identify performance issues in queries.
- Data loads have been performed by using the SQL loader, Imports & UTL files based on file formats.
- Used Analytic functions, Decode, case statement while writing complex SQL queries.
- Worked on huge enhancements of DMS Refund Feeds where transmission of Employee Group Retiree (EGR), INMM/HIP and Medsupp refunds will be processed to DMS for check generation.
- Managed performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries in production with Hints, Explain plan, Trace, and Stored Outlines.
- Created new forms in Crystal Report using Stored Procedures in SQL Server.
- Development and Performance tuning of SSIS packages using counters, error handling, event handling with check points for transferring data between Oracle (FACETS) and SQL , MongoDB databases.
- Executed Quality Control checks of source code created by other developers.
- Involved in loading data from legacy systems (ETL Operations) using SQL*Loader.
- Good Knowledge of EDI 837I (Institutional Claim) and 837P (Professional Claim) claim Transaction types to required file format and vice versa.
- Designed Tidal jobs to automate the FTP process of loading flat files, scheduling jobs and posting files on the ftp server.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 10.2 on Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing designer, Mapping and Transformation Designer. Developed Informatica mappings including tuning of mappings for better performance.
- Involved in redesigning with implementation of table Partitions and Partition Indexes to make Database Faster and easier to maintain.
- Created several ad-hoc SQL reports to display data in a summary and a detailed level using stored Procedures.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment and DevOps tool sets such as SVN, Red Gate, Bitbucket, GIT and Bamboo.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Documented Back out Implementation Plan (BOIP) for migrating code to different environments and created CMD files as part of the code migrations.
- Improved response and continuous enhancements to queries up to 40 percent by reviewing and improving indexes, partitioning tables, and fixing of production issues.
Environment: Oracle 12c/11g, Informatica Power Center 9.5.2/10.2, TOAD, SQL Developer, SSMS, SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, Tortoise SVN, TSQL/PL SQL, Crystal Reports 8.5/9/10/XI R2/2008, Bit Bucket.
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Experience in Database Application Development, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning .
- Worked on high performance queries/programs using Collections, Bulk Binds, Objects, Nested tables, REF Cursors, pipeline functions etc.
- Designed, implemented and tuned interfaces and batch jobs using PL/SQL . Involved in data replication and high availability design scenarios.
- Coordinating with the front-end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Worked on sequences, functions, synonyms, indexes, triggers, packages, stored procedures, roles , granting privileges , Sub queries and correlated queries.
- Data loads are been performed by using the SQL loader, Imports & UTL files based on file formats.
- Collaborated with cross functional Business and Technology teams to define project requirements.
- Developed SQL scripts, packages, procedures, cursors, tables, views, materialized views and functions on the business requirements.
- Using Informatica Power Center 9.5.2 to extract, transform and load data into Netezza data warehouse from various sources like Oracle and flat files.
- XMLTABLE feature was used in queries to extract data from xml files and subsequently loading the data into different tables.
- Designed SSIS packages to Extract Data from different sources like Flat Files, Excel Files, SQL Server and ETL them into Dimension and Fact tables.
- Involved extensively in Database design using Normalization and E/R Diagrams .
- Developed Package configurations for Integration, Test and Production environments and execution of SSIS packages automatically.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for various ad-hoc reports.
- Loaded the data into database tables using SQL*Loader from flat files.
- Performed modifications on existing form as per change request and maintained it.
- Developed stored procedures, functions, packages and SQL Scripts.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and transfer them into data warehouse.
- Involved in working with Central management server (Vcenter) and VMware infrastructure.
- Performed the uploading and downloading flat files from UNIX server using FTP.
- Developed logical and physical data models for central model consolidation.
- Tuned and optimized the SQL statements using Explain Plan and SQL trace utilities.
- Designed solutions based on VMware products and virtual machines.
- Scheduled batch jobs, shell scripts in AutoSys to run at a specified time as per the requirements for each application.
- Build test scenarios and test cases (negative / positive) to validate expected outcome to meet the requirements.
- Developed test scripts, test cases and SQL QA Scripts to perform unit testing, system testing and Load Testing.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2012), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Developer, Informatica Power Center 9.5.2, Shell Scripting, Linux, VMware, Hyper V Infrastructure.
- Involved in the complete life cycle of the product from requirements gathering to end of system testing.
- Involved in analyzing business requirements and designing the functional specifications and translated functional requirements into technical specs.
- Experience in developing efficient PL/ SQL code using stored procedure, functions and triggers.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts that will interact with the PL/ SQL Objects.
- Schedule and maintain SSIS packages daily, weekly and monthly using SQL server Agent.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Worked on high performance queries/programs using Collections, Bulk Binds, Objects, Nested tables, REF Cursors, pipeline functions etc.
- Monitored the Oracle SQL query performance using EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Wrote sequences for automatic generation of unique keys to support primary and foreign key constraints in data conversions.
- Conducted database and code tuning to improve performance of the application, used Bulk binds, in-line queries, Dynamic SQL, Analytics and Sub-query factoring etc.
- Involved in maintaining batch processing PL/SQL procedures for data extraction for feed creation.
- Supported VMware, ESX vSphere 5 to monitor, optimize performance and resolve production issues.
- Used DTS Packages as ETL tool for migrating data from SQL server to Oracle 10g.
- Performed query analysis and enhanced Query performance with Oracle indexing features and table partitioning features.
- Involved in creating standardized Crystal Reports to support internal and external customers and running ad-hoc queries that provide the data necessary to measure business performance and analyze trends.
- Used Oracle DBMS packages to carry out dynamic SQL processing.
- Created UNIX Shell Scripts for sequential execution of Perl scripts including file archiving, transformation and backup.
- Worked on developing, deploying and monitoring packages for ETL tasks using Data Transformation Services (DTS) Import/Export Utility, and Bulk Copy Program and DTS packages.
- Developed batch jobs, shell scripts to automate file transfers, data cleansing, loading and final data processing.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing indexes, table spaces, and auditing and data quality checks.
- Developed test scripts, test cases and SQL QA Scripts to perform unit testing, system testing and load testing.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, Oracle 10g, SQL Developer, VMware ESX 5.1, ESXi 5.1/, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), VMware Vsphere 5.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Developed stored procedures, functions, packages and SQL Scripts using PL/SQL.
- Involved in logical modeling and physical modeling of application.
- Experience in handling very large data files using SQL *Loader and external tables.
- Performed onsite support and monitoring of AS400 and two mainframes and upgrading network virtualization components.
- Developed SQL scripts, packages, procedures, cursors, tables, views, materialized views and functions as per the business requirements.
- Modifications for AS400 applications by thorough analysis of business requirements and designing standards.
- Knowledge on VMware ESX host issues in different environments.
- Scheduled Reports on daily and weekly basis in Report manager and email them to managers and analysts in CSV format.
- Developed SQL and PL/SQL scripts to transfer Data across the schemas and databases.
- Created SSIS packages to perform filtering options and to import the data on daily basis from file server into database tables.
- Developed procedures for efficient error handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables.
- Evaluated Database performance and perform maintenance duties such as tuning, backup, restoration of data.
- Worked in SSIS to create ETL Packages to perform extract, transform and load data from different source to destination tables.
- Code optimization and performance tuning of the application using Explain Plan, hints, indexing and partitioning of tables.
- Created support documents for the above projects in Visio like how the data flows from one table to another with clear job plans.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 7, VMware ESX 4.1, ESXi 4.1/, VMware Vsphere 4, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Developer.