Platforms: UNIX (Solaris), Linux RHEL 5, 6.0, Windows NT/2000/XP
Databases: Oracle 12c, Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, DB2
Specialties: Oracle ODI (Data Integrator), Oracle Exadata, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g and 12c Database development, administration on Solaris & Linux. Data Warehousing, Performance & Tuning, Lucidworks Fusion, SOLR, Oracle AQ and Data Capture, Oracle Messaging Gateway, IBM Websphere MQ, Backup & Recovery - Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Enterprise Manager - Grid Control, Data Guard - Physical & Logical Standbys.
Languages: SQL, PL\SQL, UNIX shell scripting, PeopleCode, VBScript
Tools: SQL Developer, Toad, SQL-Navigator, Oracle Exadata, Informatica, BDNA Normalize, Aqua Studio, SQL*Plus, SQL Loader
Lead Data Engineer
- Developed, implemented and maintain the database, schema, objects and ETL processes for Enterprise Restrictions firm-wide functionality. The feature allows delivery and mastering of vital data in order to identify restricted entities, such as Products, for a performed trade. Utilization of ODI packages and scenarios, PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of a firmwide, Enterprise Search functionality, which provides the capability to search enterprise Party data. Party data includes incomplete and active Clients as well as Interested Parties (IP). The Client Search service provides the capability to search enterprise Party data. Process involves SQL/PL/SQL, performance tuning features. Usage of SOLR Enterprise Platform in conjunction with the usage of LucidWorks Fusion.
- Created load-balanced queries, datasources and processes in a newly designed Search platform to obtain data, in a structured, manageable and sufficient form, in order to be passed to the SOLR index for further usage. Involved in Data warehouse performance tuning and optimization.
- Designed and implemented Oracle Data Integrator feature and scenarios, for a realtime, transaction and batch processing. The process enables us to capture delta updates and new data in all parts of the system, and maintain up-to-date information to be searched via Client Search functionality Extensive usage of Oracle ODI, SQL, PL/SQL and SOLR/Fusion configuration.
- Involved in developing of a Product Catalog, the main source of product and metric related data. Set up the process of obtaining data throughout the firm, comprising it in designated Oracle views, setting up supporting metadata.
- Configured Oracle ASM feature on Linux RHEL 6.0 based servers, created required filesystem and multipath features, prior to installing the databases.
- In addition to the development of a new system by creation of required database objects, packages, triggers, etc, provided an ongoing administrative responsibility; maintaining seven Oracle 11g databases and features, across multiple environments. Execute implementation of the newly defined data model and the required data aggregation.
- Created sourcing solutions in order to bring on-board remote data recordsets into our, standalone, data warehouse. Assisted the system testing team with diagnosing database-related issues and/or setting up test data. Designed ETL related processes off Oracle packages and Pentaho Data Integration tool. Utilized Oracle SQL, PL/SQL stored procedure, packages utilization.
- Served as a liaison between our group, GTS DBA group and vendors brought to enhance the home based system.
- As lead database engineer and administrator on the team, worked closely with every member of my team, providing solutions, expertise and advice.
Sr. Oracle Database Developer
- Led the migration of functionality and data of Weight Watchers current B2B Call Center Application (NELLY) from a legacy system a new CS Portal application platform.
- Designed new database schemas in order to integrate newly proposed design.
- Developed packages, stored procedures and functions to accommodate required design and processes.
- Took part in WeightWatchers global functionality expansion, particularly into France and Canada.
- Created and managed new BackOffice and FrontOffice processes, running in OLTP based environment.
- Worked closely with Front-End development team, designing a more robust National and Corporate client based solutions.
- Utilized Oracle 11G stored procedure, packages and functions. Extensive usage of Oracle SQL, PL/SQL features
- Played an integral part in maintenance and administration of overall WeightWatchers database infrastructure and design. Provided advice and assistance with optimization related issues.
- Serve as a liaison between various development teams and their database related counterparts.
- Provide advice and general expertise on database development, design and performance tuning aspects.
Sr. Oracle Database Developer
- As part of Data Infrastructure team, involved in development and management of a high volume Oracle database warehouse - hosting data from multiple business sources and feeds.
- Designed and developed a process for GSI (General Sensitivity Instrument model) to enable to model any instrument using the sensitivities of derivatives such as options on which underlying value of portfolio is dependent. Process calculated VaR volatility “per day” basis as provided by the FO risk engines.
- Process utilizes Oracle packages and functions, Tivoli Job Scheduler (TWS). Extensive usage of Oracle SQL, PL/SQL features. Optimization techniques.
- Created a process to incorporate newly acquired Prudential Bache firm's futures data into Confidential . The process imports and calculates Bache and overall firmwide P&L and VaR numbers for risk assessment. Reports, to show and generate profit by increasing revenue and reducing costs.
- Developed a vital Position P&L load process which imports over six million of rows of data from Risk Engines into database, validates, computes and stores it for Risk Manages use.
- Used Oracle stored procedure and packages, Shell scripts and Tivoli Job Scheduler. Extensive usage of Oracle SQL, PL/SQL features and optimization techniques.
- Created Confidential Account Owner functionality, designed for a quick and reliable lookup and maintenance of account and asset management data. Functionality is widely used by Account Controller personnel and regarded as "innovative, fast and helpful".
Sr. Oracle Database Developer
- While at Confidential primary responsibilities include, development, management of large volume database to support High-Frequency Trading operations and Trading Application infrastructure, real-time option pricing, trade execution, order routing, Portfolio and risk management.
- Set up various, scheduled tasks necessary to maintain flexibility, robustness and overall reliance of database. Created automatic switches to support normalized and denormalized DBMS for OLTP vs. Data Warehousing environments. Utilized UNIX shell scripting.
- Responsible for design, implementation and management of a high level replication process for local Java “reflection” based feature, utilizing Oracle Streams and AQ functionalities.
- Developed ETL processes based on Informatica data integration tool, provided data synchronization techniques to channel the data as a publishing service to subscribing parties.
- Created and successfully integrated an automatic trade broadcasting functionality which dispatches trades via Oracle Messaging Gateway to a remote client.
- Configured and implemented IBM Websphere MQ Series’ server and client to work in conjunction with above process. Utilized Oracle AQ features along with Stored Procedures, Packages and functions. Oracle SQL, PL/SQL features
- Designed, set up and managing remote database for European derivatives exchanges and clearing house (EUREX). Created all features necessary for full maintenance and support of its database for high-frequency trading activity on that market. Solely responsible for synchronization of North American and EUREX database based trading models using wide-spread Data modeling and schema standardization.
- Participated in firm-wide switchover to OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) based OPRA (Options Price Reporting Authority) symbology consolidation. Created data model, procedures and scheduled tasks necessary for smooth, initial transition and future support of the initiative. Extensive usage of Oracle Stored Procedures Packages and Functions. Usage of Oracle SQL, PL/SQL features
- Fully engaged in developing functionalities for a local OLTP database based application - DBTool, which offers a full suite of database components for Data Administrator. Starting with creation of a trading product and up to managing options. Application relies heavily Oracle stored procedures.
- Involved in systematic support of Trading Application group; creating procedures, packages, data models for full range of trading initiatives, such as; Automated Quoting, RFQ (Request for Quotes), Product Price injecting and Exchange feeds.
- Automated and optimized multiple tasks through usage of Shell scripting, cron jobs, thus easing overall day-to-day trader activity.
- Developed and support daily refresh processes from our Production database into Development and QA databases. Utilized Oracle Stored procedures. Oracle SQL, PL/SQL features
- Working in close relations with firm-wide Oracle database, Quant, Application Development groups, providing logistical support, expertise and advice.