- Senior Developer and Lead with 10 years of experience in software development/maintenance projects in Open Systems technologies within several business areas including US Tax Systems, Finance, Retail, Logistics, Healthcare, Automotive.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments, Oracle PL/SQL Development in versions 12c/11g/10g/9i and SQL Server 2005 and 2010.
- Strong knowledge in Query Tuning and Performance Tuning.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle’s Underlying Architecture.
- Expertise in data migration tools SQL* Loader, Import/ Export and Batch processing.
- Expertise in Data warehousing and reporting tools like Business Objects. Knowledge in OLTP and OLAP implementations.
- Expert to work with the partitioning of tables and indexes for better data retrieval performance from large datasets.
- Extensively used various techniques in Performance Tuning and Optimization like Hints, Indexes, Explain Plan, Trace Utility and TKPROF.
- Good experience in Data Migration techniques using Oracle External Tables, SQL* Loader, Import/Export and Batch Processing.
- Schedule and Monitor highly complex jobs written in PL/SQL using Oracle Scheduler jobs framework.
- Understanding in various components of ETL using Informatica PowerCenter and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services.
- Good understanding of Big Data technologies - Apache Hadoop Ecosystem like HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Yarn.
- Programming experience in analyzing data using HiveQL and custom MapReduce programs in Java.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC, starting from requirement gathering, solution definition, design, build and Quality Assurance (QA) and deployment, required for the successful execution of the project.
- Best practices of Waterfall, Agile and ITIL mod
Operating System: Windows 10/7/XP/NT/98/2000, Mac OS & Basic Unix
Programming Languages: C, C++, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Pro*C, Python
Database: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, Informix Database, SQL Server 2005, 2010
Tools: & Utilities: Toad, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, SQL Loader, IBM Initiate, IBM Websphere, Oracle Weblogic server, HP Service Manager, BMC Remedy, Dimensions, IBM Maximo 6.2/ 7.5, Confluence, VersionOne, Jira, Slack, Service-Now, PGP Encryption/Decryption, FTP/SFTP, WinSCP, FileZilla, SecureFX, WS-FTP Server, AWS, Tableau, Alteryx
Job Schedulers: Control-M, Automic UC4, Maestro, UNIX/LINUX Crontab
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Http, SSL, SOAP
Web Technologies: Java Script, HTML/HTML5, CSS
ETL Tools: Snaplogic, Informatica
Senior Oracle Developer
- Understand need of the requirement and analyze and design the module and take it through up to the deliverable with coding and unit testing.
- Perform feasibility and gap analysis using various tools.
- Ensure scalability and flexibility of the system for future growth.
- Development of interfaces and various Database objects using PL/SQL for Oracle 12g database.
- Work with complex SQL Statements, Complex Joins, Co-related Sub-queries and SQL Statements with Analytical Functions for developing various functionality in GTW.
- Creation of complex Extract Transform Load operations (Pipelines) from various data sources and applications using Snap logic.
- Worked on Tableau & Alteryx for creating various Data Analytic Reports.
- Create High & Low-level design document for the various modules. Review the design to ensure adherence to standards, templates and corporate guidelines. Validate design specifications against the results from proof of concept and technical considerations.
- For application enhancements carry out requirements and System analysis, Design, coding, and testing of PL-SQL scripts, Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, triggers, tables and views in Oracle 12c Database.
- Develop complex interfaces between different modules within the Application or with external applications.
- Use advanced Oracle features like JSON Objects, XML formatting, Refcursors etc., to ensure seamless integration between Database and Middleware.
- Provide support during the integration testing and User Acceptance phase of the project. Also provide hyper care support post deployment.
- Schedule and Monitor various highly complex jobs written in PL/SQL using Oracle Scheduler jobs framework which provides complex data processed at real-time.
- Closely work with the DBA team and carry out performance tuning for the DB objects whose performance is below SLA definitions.
- Maintenance of the existing PWC Tax applications and unclaimed property application.
- Work on the Change Requests/defects as prioritized by PWC.
- Production Migration & Release Management: Coordinate deployment of applications in UAT/Production environments. Additionally, provide application-level support for UAT and post-production support.
Environment: Oracle11g/12c, SQL, PL/SQL,Unix, Shell Scripting, Tableau, Alteryx, Snap logic, Java Script.
Confidential, Albany NY
Senior Oracle PLSQL Developer/ETL Developer
- Designed/Documented the Interface agreement documents between Client and Product Owner.
- Experience handling different interfaces which provides the required files.
- Involved in Architectural design of the application along with the System team to understand the business logic.
- Dealt with non-oracle databases involving DB links.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Developed unix scripts to process the incoming files.
- Extensive shell scripting being done to make procedure calls to the database.
- Trapping the return codes from the shell scripts to know if the called procedure ran successfully.
- Worked on developing Stored Procedures to perform Validations on data and to move data from staging tables into the Base tables.
- Developed programs to load the data received from different files.
- Used External tables to load data into staging tables.
- Developed various Packages to process the data.
- Developed various test plans/test cases documents.
- Did SQL and PL/SQL programming for ODI and oracle.
- Unit testing the developed code by simulating the data as per the Interface agreement.
- Direct Interaction with client teams.
- Involved in code walkthroughs.
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader.
- Performed scheduling with ELT jobs using Agents in ODI.
- Used Oracle Data Integrator ODI to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database and Oracle EBS interface tables.
- Highly involved in monitoring the ODI load process and resolving the issues instantly.
- Built the Physical layer/Business Model and Mapping Layer/Presentation Layer of a Repository by using Star Schemas.
- Participated in Adding Calculations to a Fact Table for various reporting requirements.
- Created Dimension Hierarchies and Level-Based Measures for Business requirements. Used Aggregate Tables and specified Aggregate Levels for each source.
- Created session variables for users to provide row- level (data level) security.
- Worked with DBA on backend database related activities like export and import.
- Assisted system admin group in creating unix users, granting required permissions.
- Dealt with application interacted with two oracle databases 10g and 11g and the size of database being over 1tb.
Environment: Oracle11g/12c, SQL, PL/SQL, OBIEE 220.127.116.11, OBIA 18.104.22.168, Unix, Shell Scripting, SQL*Loader, Oracle Data Integrator 10.1.3.4.7/11 g (Sunopsis V3), RAPTOR, CVS.
Senior PLSQL Developer
- Worked on complete SDLC (system development life cycle) including system analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding and testing.
- Participated in meetings to gather functional and non-functional requirements with experts and end-users.
- Developed several new PL/SQL packages for Database packages, Database procedures and triggers.
- Worked on optimizing existing procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
- Helped data modelers in identifying data sources and calculating the formulas for calculating order retail and order cost.
- Used Dynamic SQL programming technique to build and process SQL statements.
- Developed control files, SQL*Loader scripts, Oracle import and export scripts for data loading, migration and backup of Oracle data.
- Making regular changes in the existing Forms Screens and Reports based on the requirement.
- Deeply involved in tuning of queries using tools like Explain Plan, Trace and TK- Prof and concepts like Parallelism, partitioning, hints etc.
- Optimized the performance using PL/SQL table types and record types.
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DMS SQL and UTL FILE.
- Expertise in System Administrator responsibility to create users, responsibilities, Values Sets and Request sets.
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts(used Awk, Sed) and PLSQL procedures to extract and load data for month-end batch processing.
- Wrote SQL, PLSQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data from the Data repository using cursors and exception handling.
- Designed data modeling, design specifications and to analyze dependencies.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Strong experience in Data warehouse concepts, ETL.
- Wrote detailed design specs for ETL. Converted the functional specs written by Data Modelers into the detailed design spec for ETL. These specs were used in the development of code using Ab Initio.
- Used Oracle Data Integrator ODI to extract relevant data from Oracle EBS and map it to Siebel interface tables.
- Created business area, new custom folders, complex folders, summary folder, hierarchies, item classes and list of values using discoverer 10g.
- Customized OBIEE Visualizations according to the client requirements.
- Exclusively Involved in Unit Testing, Peer Testing & Regression Testing and managed defect resolution processed during the test phases of the new integrated implementation.
- Developed, wrote UT plans and performed system testing of functionality of the application.
Environment: Oracle10g/11g, TOAD, SQL*plus, Windows, OBIEE 22.214.171.124, SQL, PLSQL, putty, linux, SQL Developer, Windows NT, UNIX, Discoverer 10g, ODI.
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Creation of database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, and Synonyms.
- Ensure conformance to code standards and documentation requirements.
- Used TOAD, PL/SQL developer tools for faster application development.
- Constructed standard and materialized views for viewing and extracting usable data from Various sources to get a clear real-time view of business-critical information.
- The chief development tools used in this work include Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle materializedViews, and dynamic result set generation through Oracle PL/SQL ref-cursors.
- Extensively involved in developing PL/SQL packages that includes advanced PL/SQL concepts like REF CURSOR, BULK COLLECTS, FOR ALL.
- Used SQL*Loader to load data from external system and developed PL/SQL programs to dump the data form staging tables into base tables.
- Analyzed the table’s structures and their integrity constraints for reports creation strategies.
- Automated the nightly processes (Jobs scheduling) to run on the servers on specific time.
- Developed the Shell scripts and Perl scripts for maintain scripts for monitoring, troubleshooting and administration of the databases as well as automation of the processes.
- Extensively involved in Oracle query (SQL) tuning, PL/SQL execution optimization, Explain Plan, SQL Trace, tkprof, StatsPackand SQL*PLUS Auto trace.
- Customized and personalized various forms according to client requirement.
- Designed and developed the reports using Reports10g and registered them as concurrent Programs and added them to their corresponding menus in Oracle Application.
- Developed various Custom reports, Customized existing reports (PO Purchase Order and Releases Detail Report, Purchase Requisition Status Report) according to the functional specifications using Reports 10g and XML publisher.
- Design and Developed repository (.rpd) that consists of physical layer, business model / layers with aggregates & dimensions, presentation layers with catalogs & folders and external table security with session variables using Oracle BI Analytics Administration tool.
- Documenting procedures and scripting, and eventually be drafting up them into Unit test plans.
- Thoroughly involved in all the phases of testing UNIT TESTING, PERFORMANCE TESTING and BUG FIXING etc.
Environment: Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, TOAD v10.6, SQL * Loader, UC4 Scheduler, UNIX-AIX and Windows, Oracle Forms Builder10g, Oracle Reports Builder10g,XML publisher. SQL PLUS, Korn Shell Scripts, Windows XP, MS-Excel, Solaris, SQL Navigator.