- Hands on experience on various platforms like OEL4/5/6, RHEL Linux 4/5/6/7, AIX, Solaris, Ubuntu and Windows environments.
- Experience on different variants of Oracle databases such as 9i, 10g, 11g, and 12c.
- Excellent experience in trouble shooting and fixing performance issues at session and system level using various reports like Explain plan, TKPROF, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Excellent experience in improving database performance by SQL tunings, SQL profiles and Baselines.
- Experienced in configuring and Installation of multiple node 11g and 12c Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Migrated NON - ASM databases to ASM using RMAN
- Expertise in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of several Oracle tools and utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (OEM 12c and 13c), Toad, Oracle SQL Developer.
- Experience in implementing cross platform Migration such as IBM AIX, Solaris and Windows to Linux.
- Good experience on Upgrades and Patches in various stand alone and RAC environments.
- Excellent knowledge in Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery and Cloning of databases using Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Configured 11gRAC on ODA Oracle Database Appliance
- Excellent experience in installing and supporting oracle 12C multitenant databases and converted several regular 12c databases to Multitenant.
- Good working knowledge in implementing EXADATA features like HCC, Flash cache and SMART SCAN features.
- Provided and implemented performance tuning recommendations of all components in the Exadata machines.
- Performed Oracle upgrades with custom build Ansible playbooks and conf deployments by using Ansible in multi-site cluster environment.
- Performed the automation using CHEF configuration management and managing the Infrastructure environment with Puppet.
- Defined the automation strategy of Database releases and maintenances on Oracle/Cassandra/Sybase which reduced the overall release time and man power.
- Supported in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects, Integration of Exadata monitoring into our existing IT monitoring framework.
- Implemented Standby Databases with the help of Data Guard for High Availability, Data Protection, and Disaster Recovery for enterprise data.
- Experience on Fast Start Failover (FSFO) implementation of Data Guard as per the end user requirement.
- Configured Data Guard for more then 50+ databases with Data Guard Broker and FSFO
- Pioneer in Installation, Patching, Cloning and Upgrade of Oracle Databases.
- Experience in replication of schemas using Golden Gate schema replication which includes online change synchronization and DDL synchronization.
- Golden Gate 11g and 12c installations and maintenance of unidirectional replication.
- Experience in using PL/SQL stored procedures, indexes, materialized views, shell scripting, partitioned and non-portioned tables, packages and triggers for improved performance.
- Good experience with Oracle enterprise manager (OEM), and utilities like AWR, ADDM, Flashback Technology, SQL tuning advisor.
- Expertise in configuration and maintenance of table partitions in oracle 11g and 12c.
- Performance Tuning experience in identified poor SQL statements using EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, TKPROF, SQL TRACE.
- Experience in proprietary change management processes to prevent Production Disruptions and Outages.
- Cloning and Refreshing databases from Production to Test and Development and from Development to Production.
- Implemented transparent data Encryption (TDE). Used TDE with Encrypted columns and Data Pump.
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Good communication and coordination with different departments for efficient problem escalation and deciding on optimal solution.
- Experience on performance optimization in private cloud models (IaaS/PaaS) with enterprise standards, workflows and industry best practices using VMware products.
- Rendered performance tuning to VMware servers, Virtual sessions and management of server resources between virtual machines.
- Strong MySQL skills with significant general system administration skills on UNIX/IBM AIX, Linux and Windows environment, Knowledge in general System Administration tasks.
- 24*7 production database support to developers & end-users.
Operating Systems: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows Server, Oracle Enterprise Linux.
RDBMS: Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i and 8i, MySQL 5.1, 5.6, 5.7
Database Management tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (OEM), Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM), TOAD, TIVOLI and ERWIN.
Tools: and Utilities: RMAN, SQL Navigator, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, ASMCMD, DataGuard Manager Utility(DGMGRL), Server Control Utility (SRVCTL), Traditional Data pump, EXPDP/IMPDP DataPump, Data Guard, VERITAS Net Backup, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, Splunk, Putty, Oracle Data Integrator(ODI), and Oracle SQL Developer, Ansible and puppet.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Perl, Bash, Shell Scripting.
Sr. Database Advisor
- Involved in 24x7 on-call support for enterprise production databases .
- Installation and Configuration of 4 node RAC using oracle clusterware and ASM storage, Configured A CFS file system and administer ed ASM Instances and Disk Groups in RAC .
- Resolved several RAC related outages caused due to node evictions and resolved many performance issues in Oracle 12c RAC databases.
- Provided support and recommendations for components in Exadata X6 machines and Implement performance tuning for all components in the Exadata machines.
- Actively participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects. Monitored IT framework on machines integrated with Exadata.
- Experience in cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Migrated over 200+ databases across data centers using various methodologies like DATAPUMP, Log shipping and RMAN XTTS.
- Configured RMAN backups (Full, incremental and cumulative) and performed recovery, incomplete recovery and disaster recovery.
- Oracle Instances deployments by using Ansible in multi-tenant installations
- Install and Configured Disk and file system management using LVM Partitions and ASM Diskgroups.
- Worked on configuring Oracle 11g two node RAC database on ODA Oracle Database Appliance.
- Install, configure and upgrade databases to Oracle 12c, consolidate multiple databases into multi-tenant database containers, evaluate and implement latest database technology and new Oracle12c features.
- Installed Oracle 12c (cloud) and migrated all the databases from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c.
- Performed RAC all node patching and Rolling patching.
- Implemented Backup, Recovery procedures and Hot, Cold and Logical backup plans.
- Installed and upgraded Golden Gate to version 12c.
- Successfully implemented Unidirectional Golden Gate replication for Oracle 12c databases on 2 node RAC Clusters.
- Identified and fixed Golden Gate Replication issues using GGSEVT and log dump utilities.
- Performed database migrations from AIX Solaris to Linux using Oracle Golden gate and data guard
- Installation and configuration of Golden gate for replication and resolved issues to sync Databases.
- Implemented Golden Gate replication during database migration from AIX to Linux server.
- Installed, configured and supported Golden gate (11g) replication solutions to facilitate data flow between environments.
- Developed custom utilities to automate manually intensive tasks including mass schema changes, recovering Golden Gate corruptions.
- Implemented, configured and maintained data guard for oracle 11g (primary and standby databases) to ensure disaster recovery, high availability and data protection
- Extensively worked in various areas of data guard i.e. Installation, Recovery, RTA (Real Time Apply), Patching, Tuning, Switchover, Switchback and Failover.
- Installed OEM 13C and configured agents on all our monitored database servers.
- Configured and setup of monitoring alerts and BI publisher reports in OEM 12c and 13C.
- Implemented the resizing of online redo logs in production and standby databases
- Worked on Automatic Storage Management (ASM) with EMC Storage for managing data in SAN.
- Expertise in the creation of databases, tablespaces, tables, indexes and other database objects.
- Installed and configured relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving various Oracle connectivity problems.
- Extensively used DATAPUMP and Export / Import utilities for logical backups.
- Implemented transparent data Encryption (TDE). Used TDE with Encrypted columns and Data Pump.
- Performed various performance goal oriented database tuning using Explain plan , AWR , ADDM and various Oracle Advisors to tune the database.
- Tuned various slow running queries to improve performance and decrease data fragmentation.
- Performed instance tuning, memory tuning query tuning and complete database tuning.
- Created and implemented various table partitions for large tables.
- Applied quarterly PSU patches to different versions of databases.
- Upgraded Oracle 10g database to 11g and 11g to 12c, Oracle 11g databases from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 using patch set.
Environment: Oracle 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, Oracle Exadata, IBM AIX 6.3,7.1, Red Hat Linux 6.0, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, ORACLE ENTERPRISE MANAGER 12c/13c Cloud Control, Oracle 11g Grid Control, Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Toad 12/12.5, Server control utility(SRVCTL), ASM Command line (ASMCMD), DataGuard Manager Utility(DGMGRL), MySQL 5.5, 5.6.
Sr. Oracle Database Admin
- Installed, maintained new Oracle 9i and 8i instances. Upgraded several Oracle 10g instances from Oracle 9i , Connectivity with different client programs using ODBC .
- Maintained backups for recovery using RMAN in tapes and disks.
- Planning and implementing Backup strategy for the databases using RMAN , Scripting backups, once in two weeks on the application database.
- Expertise in cloning using RMAN Duplicate DB and hot backups to create Test, QA, DEV Instances.
- Migration from SQL Backtrack to RMAN as backup utility.
- Periodically fine-tuned and optimized the database performance for data integrity and maintained the databases for the day-to-day DBA activities.
- Redesigned the database backup/recovery scripts to log errors, and to be consistent/ robust.
- Modified and maintained database structures and views for the core system.
- Performed work related to importing and exporting data using IMP and EXP tools in Oracle, file structures.
- Setting up client/server Architecture and distributed processing.
- Reduced DBA off-hours support needs by 60% through planning and proactive monitoring.
- Implemented automated backup strategy using the UNIX shell script and CRON Utility.
- Wrote Shell scripts to automate DBA tasks such as monitoring tablespaces , health on daily basis.
- Created complex analytical reports using inline view, lexical parameters with Oracle Reports 9i .
- Developed and modified PL/SQL code to make new enhancements or resolve problems, as per customer requirements.
- Creating users and database links, snapshots on production and development servers.
- Designed database tables as per technical specifications.
- Translated business requirements into creation and alteration of database objects: tables, indexes, constraints, triggers and stored procedures.
Environment: Oracle 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 , Red Hat Linux 4/5, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL* loader, Data Guard, Server control utility (SRVCTL), DataGuard Manager Utility (DGMGRL), Toad, AWR, ADDM, Recovery Manager (RMAN).
Sr. Oracle Database Engineer
- Worked as Support Database Administrator Responsibilities include Creation & Maintenance of Table Spaces, Data Files.
- Upgraded database from Oracle 22.214.171.124 to 10.2.0.1 using database upgrade utility (DBUA).
- Loading data from flat files into database tables using SQL* loader.
- Creating and maintaining triggers, packages, functions and procedures.
- Created users and established the application security by creating roles.
- Used Indexes and Hints to enhance the performance with the help of Explain plan.
- Importing/Exporting data from/to different databases using utilities like SQL*Loader.
- Used TOAD for faster application design and developments.
- Implemented Hot, Cold and Logical backup plans using RMAN and Data pump tool.
- Creating tables, indexes, views and synonyms depending upon the need.
- Involved in Designing backup and recovery strategy for OLTP systems.
- Strong and extensive use of DDL and DML tools/ Maintained database schemas and dictionaries.
- Modified spfile parameters like DB block size, block buffers, shared pool.
- Used NETMGR and NETCA for the creation of Listeners.
- Involved in Query tuning of SQL Queries.
Environment: Oracle 126.96.36.199, 10.2.0.1, 10.2.0.5, Red Hat Linux 5/5.5, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL* loader, ORACLE ENTERPRISE MANAGER 10g Grid Control, Data Guard, Toad, AWR, ADDM, Recovery Manager (RMAN).