- I also have experience in configuring and managing Bidirectional Replication Golden Gate, physical/Logical Standby databases, Oracle HA RAC, SQL Server HA Merge Replication as well as a five hour Delay Log Ship.
- Areas of expertise include production support, installation, upgrade and patching, database migration to AWS RDS/EC2 as well as AWS Redshift using DMS and other BI tools such as Tableau and salesforce, backup and recovery using RMAN, Datapump, Ms SSMS and scripts, Database mirroring, performance tuning, database cloning, space management, security, and auditing.
- Support production and Dev environments for multiple critical database applications.
- Work closely with System Administrators, Network Administrators and Developers to build various applications from scratch in support of the company’s security objectives.
- Create and manage S3 Bucket on AWS and perform quarterly database refreshes from production on AWS - RDS to pre-prod on Local windows servers.
- Migrate SQL Server databases to PostgreSQL on AWS RDS using Database Migration Service (DMS)
- Debug and run PL/pgSQL on PostgreSQL Dev databases provided by developers.
- Migrate PostgreSQL database schemas to Aurora database using AWS Schema Conversion Tool (SCT)
- Load Research data from source databases to AWS Redshift data warehouse
- Managed 2PB (2000TB) DB2 database by creating monitoring scripts that check DBI collectors frequently.
- Resolved performance issues for Hawkeye application connecting to main db2 production database.
- Managed lock sessions and database slowness with the use of db2top UI
- Created and managed Database Links to move data between SQL Server and MySql databases
- Perform database and schema refreshes as requested as well as run adhoc queries in all environments.
- Create new databases for application in IT, FT, QA and Prod and apply patches as necessary.
- Install and configure Oracle 12c software while supporting application SDLC.
- Perform database upgrade from 11g to 12c as well as CRS, ASM, DB and OEM Agent upgrade.
- Manage SQL Server Merge Replication by resolving conflicts and adding subscribers as necessary.
- Configured both immediate restoring and 5 hour delay log ship as part of DR readiness.
- Monitoring, administering, developing and optimizing the performance of the database/application using OEM Cloud Control and Zabbix.
- Performed quarterly update on all PDB by patching the container (CDB)
- Created multiple Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) key for each PDB in the infrastructure
- Setup MS SQL Server Merge replication for research databases running on Docker container
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Sun Solaris, Windows Servers, SQL Server, SSMS.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Supporting multiple Oracle and MySQL databases for production, development, test, and staging purposes on linux-redhat, Solaris and Windows environments.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skill.
- Experience in tuning database and memory components for optimal performance using AWR, ADDM and ASH reports.
- Performance Tuning for the SQL queries which are running slow and taking more CPU cost.
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying, and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
- Assist in SQL tuning and providing consultation such as creating Materialized views, adding indices, dropping unnecessary indices, using hints wherever possible, amongst others.
- Administration and Installation of Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Experience Query Optimization, performance tuning, Client Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Monitoring, administering, developing and optimizing the performance of the database/application using OEM, TOAD and Dell Foglight.
- Troubleshooting of various database performances by proper diagnosis at all levels like SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database tables, indexes, Instance, memory, operating system, and java calls.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers, and UNIX shell scripts.
- Monitoring rollback segment and temporary table space use.
- Partitioning tables to improve I/O access.
- Good experience with RAC Clusterware administration, Configuration, Patching and Installation.
- Performed Database upgrade of all pluggable (PDB) databases by upgrading the container (CDB)
- Successfully configured Physical Standby database with oracle 188.8.131.52 RAC database.
- Working on Data guard, switchover, and failover activities as part of disaster recovery management.
- Clusters (RAC) and Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Data guard and Streams
- Upgraded standalone databases to 11g RAC environment.
- Maintenance of Oracle 11gR2 Real Application Cluster (RAC) Database for High Availability and Scalability.
- Perform health checks using crsctl and managing services using srvctl.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on standalone and RAC databases.
- Supported Unix Hardware with RAID, SAN, and ASM storage systems.
- Efficiently performed installation, setup, and creation of two node cluster RAC with Oracle 184.108.40.206 database using GRID infrastructure with ASM file systems on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 5.5).
- Refreshing Dev and Test databases with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Installed Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM for database mirroring.
- Successful in installation/maintenance of Physical Standby database using Oracle Data Guard for Oracle 220.127.116.11 and Oracle 18.104.22.168 RAC databases.
- Proficient in setting up Standby Database using shell scripts and RMAN utility, activating and Re-building both Physical and Logical Standby Databases.
- Installed and upgraded GoldenGate 22.214.171.124 to GoldenGate (v12) 126.96.36.199.
- Performed GoldenGate Troubleshooting using GGSERR.LOG and logdump utility.
- RMAN point in time recovery and Instance recovery done on 10g, 11g and 12c.
- Migrated databases from Non-ASM file system to ASM file system using RMAN.
- Developed compliance reports and performed auditing at higher levels.
- Creation of database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Users, and DB Links etc.
- Query optimizing using CBO (Cost Based Optimization) and Scheduled Oracle Jobs and Backups using CRONTAB.
- Data Refresh from Production to Test and Development environments using RMAN Duplicate Database or Data Pump.
- Performing monthly and annual performance reports for trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Knowledge in Oracle Data warehouse DBA skills relating to administration and management of VLDB environments, Oracle OLTP.
- Upgrading and Migrating of Oracle database to higher version and other platforms using manual method and traditional Export/Import, datapump & Transportable Tablespace (TTS).
Oracle Database Administrator
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Datapump export/import utilities in Oracle 10gR2.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRONTAB using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Creating OEM alerts that provides notifications through emails.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and granting necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN utilities for optimizing and tuning SQL queries.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
- Experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move Tablespaces across Oracle databases.
- Expertise in implementing data refreshes (at database, schema & table level) using RMAN utility and Datapump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 11g, 10g.
- Successfully migrated 10g Non CDB databases to 12C pluggable databases.
- Created Oracle Wallets and implemented both Tablespace and object level TDE security.
- Constantly monitor the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Created Physical Standby databases using RMAN with zero downtime, performed Failover and Switchover using Data Guard Broker and manually when required.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 10gR2.