- 33 years of database design and development
- 28 years of Oracle development and DBA
- 25 years of PL/SQL and Ada programming
- 24 years of Unix and Linux
- 24 years of system design and architecture
- 20 years of custom ETL development
- 16 years of management and team leadership
- 15 years of data modeling and process modeling
- 14 years of scripting languages
- 14 years of OLTP systems development
- 14 years of BI, OLAP, and Data Warehousing
- 8 years of CASE, including DB/Artisan and Erwin
- 8 years of C programming
- 8 years of Scrum and other Agile
- 6 years of Agile tools such as JIRA
- 5 years of Object - oriented design and programming
- 4 years of management consulting
Keywords: Oracle, Performance Tuning, PL/SQL, Data Mart, Corporate Information Factory, Enterprise Data Model, Operational Data Store, ODS, Data Warehouse. Dimensions, Fact Table, OLAP, Cube, Database Administration. Code Generation, Rules Engine, Metadata, CASE, OLTP, Scrum Agile, Theory of Constraints, Agile, Extreme Programming, Advanced Queuing, Startup, Entrepreneur, ERP, Migration, ETL, Team Leader, Unix, Linux, C, OCI, Pro*C, Python, Ada.
- Built an Oracle real - time scheduling system supporting ETL and messaging traffic.
- Designed a data warehouse and operational data store (ODS) capable of implementation in either Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Performed as DevOps engineer for Oracle, Unix, and Linux systems.
- Built a data mart for political data synthesizing multiple data sources using Oracle 12.2, RHEL 7.4, and the Mulesoft Anypoint platform.
- developed a data warehouse, star schema, and Analytics platform using Oracle, PL/SQL, and Unix. developed components of a network health and incident reporting system on an Oracle/Linux platform. designed and developed components of an Operational Data Store (ODS) on an Oracle/Linux platform. Managed a small team using Agile methods. solved performance problems of an Oracle/Linux reporting system. Reengineered the database and a dozen PL/SQL and Korn shell modules. solved performance problems in a VLDB data mart and billion row Cognos cubes. Created a data mart in Oracle 11g and developed an ETL subsystem using Oracle Data Pump and and flashback databases. developed a reporting subsystem using Oracle, Cognos Framework Manager and Cognos Report Studio. Developed a demo Business Intelligence application using Cognos Transformer and PowerCubes. Developed a data migration subsystem using Oracle 10g, and PL/SQL. developed a high volume DSS database using Oracle 10g and PL/SQL. Also managed a team, performed production support, and designed the data model using ERwin. Maintained applications written in Python. Designed a data mart using dimensions, fact tables, and cubes. investigated and fixed a crashed production system using Oracle 10g and PL/SQL. Developed database administration and programming tools, acted as DBA and developer. evaluated a data warehouse reporting on an Oracle Applications 11i implementation, produced reports recommending technical and organizational changes. Analyzed a data mart using dimensions, fact tables, and cubes.
- Developed a batch external interface subsystem in 2 months without requirements, design, or ICDs.
- Refactored and ported 70,000 lines of PL/SQL code to a new Oracle 9i application.
- Produced an Oracle coding standards document. Produced system documentation using DB/Artisan and DBMS DDL.
- Produced system performance studies demonstrating orders of magnitude of improvement.
- Organized and managed a new team of production and development DBAs for a government agency.
- Participated in the organization of the larger IT staff for the same agency.