- 9+years of experience as an Oracle Functional Consultant with multiple EBS projects in Oracle Implementation, Upgradation projects, and Post Production Support in both 11i and R12 versions.
- Expertise in core modules setups and functionalities: General Ledger (GL), Payables (AP), Receivables (AR), Cash Management (CE), Assets (FA), System Admin
- Configured and implemented applications as per teh business requirement and best practices in teh industry.
- Knowledge of Procure to Pay (P2P), Order to Cash (O2C), Acquire to Retire (A2R) business cycles and cross functional integration
- Well versed with teh integration and architecture of Multi - Org Access Control (MOAC), Financial Statement Generator (FSG), Sub-ledger accounting (SLA) and Web ADI
- Experienced in GAP, Fit-Gap analysis and solution designing to teh RICE components.
- Extensively worked on AIM (Application Implementation Methodology) documentation including RD.020, BP.080, BR.100, MD.050, TE.040 and CV.040 including preparing documentation for Change Management process with Impact analysis from teh function perspective.
- Developed test cases, test plans and testing process and conduct core team and end user training.
- Experience in User Training, preparation of User Manuals and Oracle UPK (User Productivity Kit)
- Interaction with Oracle support to resolve application issues through SR/TAR
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, fluentin written and verbal communication, great presentation skills, a team player and very comfortable interacting with all levels of business management.
Oracle Applications: R12(12.0.3, 12.0.5, 12.0.6, 12.1.1 and 12.1.3) GL, AP, AR, FA,CE, iExpenses 11i (11.5.8, 11.5.9, 11.5.10 and 188.8.131.52)
Languages and Tools: PL/SQL, Discoverer Viewer, Web ADI, SQL Loader, Data Loader, Microsoft Office, MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK)
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Oracle Functional Analyst
- Designed test cases, test scenarios and test scripts based on teh business requirement document (BRD)
- Understood teh business process and theirby prepared teh test scenarios
- Executed test scripts in QA and Development environments and made sure teh proper working of teh functionality
- Defined users, employees and Resource Groups.
- Assigned employees to teh users and to respective resource groups defined for different territories and for third party organizations.
- Assigned Collections Agent and Sales Representative member role to teh resources defined.
- Thoroughly tested teh functionality in accordance to teh business requirement.
- Created defects in Quality Center and worked with teh developer to resolve teh issues.
- Worked with key business users to train them on teh different functionalities during teh UAT.
- Reviewed teh existing business processes to assess its fitment with respect to teh functionality provided by teh Applications
- Followed up with teh business for approval of teh resolved issues
- Involved in creating and follow up on Service Request (SR) with Oracle support
- Provided status updates to PMO and follow up with pending business input or issue resolutions as part of status meeting
- Participated in daily defect meeting and discussed teh defects found and follow up on resolving teh same.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Oracle Financials Functional Analyst
- Studying teh requirements, performing risk analysis and mapping teh business processes.
- Analyze teh gaps and conduct client interviews to complete teh business process analysis.
- Prepare teh business requirements documents, performed Gap analysis and recommend teh necessary customizations.
- Configuring teh modules, designing reports and add-ons and coordinating with teh technical team to monitor development and implementation progress.
- Responsible for teh documentation (BR.030 -Business Requirements Mapping, BR.100 -Application Setup)
- Responsible for solving technical and functional issues related to GL, AP, AR, FA modules.
- Raise service request with Oracle technical support and coordinate in speedy resolution of high prioritize issues.
- Provide functional impact analysis based on teh nature of teh issue and coordinate with Business users for manual work around solutions wherever possible.
- Coordinate onsite and offshore technical support team on proposed new custom objects developments, testing, documentation, and migration to production instance.
- Develop approval rules based on invoice amount for teh following transaction type Payables Invoice Approval using Oracle Approval Management (AME) and configured action types, actions and set up teh profile option to work for Payables only and teh required setup through Payables Options form.
- Created organizations, inventory items, catalog RFQ, got approval from supplier in Procure to Pay (P2P) cycle and customized teh Purchase requisition and auto creation of a standard purchase order based on a quote and generated receipt.
- Designed, tested and delivered custom reports in GL: Journal Batch Summary Report, Account Analysis Report and AP: Invoice on Hold Report, Supplier Paid Invoice History Report.
- Identify teh patches that need to be applied to prepare teh Release 12.1.3 environment for implementing Oracle mobile expenses.
- Involved in Functional, Regression and UAT Testing.
- Performed extensive defect fixing and support during teh client pre-production testing phase, identifying issues and tracking them through HP quality center.
- Provided Period Close Support for all teh financial modules.
- Conduct numerous business meetings to understand and analyze teh issues.
- Designing of user-manuals for teh modules and training teh end users.
Oracle Apps Functional Consultant
- As a Functional Consultant reviewed and analyzed current business processes for Oracle Receivables, Oracle Payables, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, SLA, and Cash Management.
- Offered industry best practices and assisted teh client with teh road map definition
- Coordinated teh effort for teh Monthly Releases (Release Management).
- Coordinated with teh team for teh Monthly Release Regression testing
- Worked on teh Root cause for teh incorrect accounting for Refunds (No accounted amount is being populated in ar distributions table for some refunds.)
- Involved in data cleanup for teh year end closing (Remittance Account, Cash clearing Account, Prepayment Account, Revenue Account)
- Prepared issues list, Risk plan, change request forms and regular client status reports.
- Prioritize teh tasks for teh team based on feedback from teh client meetings, number of defects and project progress.
- Worked on clearing teh errors from teh AR interface tables
- Worked on Functional Specs(Additional Requirements from Users )
- Worked closely with teh users in creating a new bank account and setting up teh new receipt method for Mobile shops.
- Supported Users to resolve teh critical issues for closing teh periods(AR,AP)
- Worked on data fixes for teh month End activities (Deleting Orphan Records, Refund Accounting)
- Worked on SEV 1 SR’s for critical Production Issues
- Worked closely with Banks, Bank Accounts for internal purpose and Payment Formats for Manual Check and Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) in single and multiple currencies.
- Involved In Accounts Reconciliation.
Confidential, Iowa City, IA
Oracle Financials Functional Analyst
- Provide complete business to-be processes for Intercompany transactions, intercompany funding process, month-end period close
- Conducted UAT and successful cut-over for Go-Live
- Train teh business users on Global Translations, Revaluations and Consolidation of Multiple Ledgers
- Writing TE.040 Test Scripts for Functional Testing of GL, AP, AR and developing Guided Navigations
- Developing Training Material for AP, AR modules
- Conducted end user training sessions and User manuals
- Post implementation support and maintenance - performed successful three month end and period close activities in teh newly implemented modules
- Design and Configure Financial Statements Using FSG
- Maintain issue tracker using Bugzilla and issue resolution
- Define new responsibilities, menus, request groups, form personalization
- Provided functional design documents for custom Reports and Personalization. Worked with technical team for development of teh same
- Conduct successful month-end process after Go-Live
- Assisted in Secondary ledgers implementation for 10 countries, including 10 Chart of accounts implementation
- Assisted in Transition of Oracle AR structure from single-org to multi-org. Part of setup of 21 new operating units in Receivables module
- Coordinated with teh Business Team for month end close process.
- Use of HP Quality Center for UAT, functional testing and issue resolution. Prepared test documents, test scripts (functional, unit and regression testing)
- Conduct business meeting whenever required based on issues and new functional requirements
- Prepare documentation for change management process along with impact analysis on teh proposed solution
- Create and follow up on Service Request (SR) with Oracle support
- Earned business appreciation for clear and lucid Super User Training Session, Org readiness training and cut-over procedure
- Follow up with Oracle Technical Support and conducted OWC for quick resolution of high prorated open issues
Confidential, Solon, OH
Oracle Applications - Functional Consultant
- Identifying teh functional specs, preparing teh documentation setups and maintaining Business Requirement Documents, Setup Documents (BR100) and other design documents as MD050
- Providing teh suggestions/options of teh best way to implement their need in Oracle Applications with teh SOX approval
- Troubleshooting teh production issues on various applications (Work in Progress, Bill of Materials, Purchasing, Inventory, Material Planning, etc.), replicating teh issues in TEST environment, and testing teh fix prior to apply in Production instance.
- Extensively worked on preparing test scenarios, test scripts on different applications to help teh users for better understanding teh application
- Troubleshooting and fixing teh issues on Oracle Standard Costing setups - Copy Item Costs, Month end, Quarter end, Year-end processes
- Troubleshooting and fixing teh issues in Order management application -Tax code, Customer credit check, Backordering, Return Material Authorization issues
- Created Oracle service requests and fixed teh bugs in Oracle Work in Progress application with teh help of Oracle support. Tested teh fix in TEST instance prior to apply in other instances.
- Trained teh super users by providing documents using VISIO flow diagrams for better understanding.
- Extensively worked on Extra compliance screening functionality with teh integration of ITM (International Trade Management) Adapters and OTM (Oracle Transportation Management) application
- Prepared teh functional design documents to explain teh functionality of teh custom concurrent programs in Oracle Costing application by analyzing teh PL/SQL programs
- Extensively worked on troubleshooting, fixing teh issues on Internal requisition, Approved Supplier list, Request for Quotes in Oracle Purchasing
- Troubleshooting and fixing teh PO Approval issues, Stuck Purchase Orders from teh Workflow utilizing teh standard scripts from Oracle
- Worked on Vendor sourcing rules, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Purchase Order Release methods in Oracle Purchasing
- Creating teh Training material documents on various applications in Oracle
- Creating Inter-org transfer setups for Inventory application in Oracle R12
- Troubleshooting teh order management, invoices, intercompany, WIP transactions, etc. issues using SQL statements in Oracle
- Preparing training and knowledge sharing materials on Costing, Item Revisions, View Potential Shortages for teh item using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Training teh super users by giving demonstrations on various process flows in oracle applications and helping them to understand teh process in a better way
- Preparing business requirement, functional design documents and working with teh development team to build teh custom reports in various applications in Oracle, testing teh report and migrating it to teh other instances
- Extensively worked with Oracle Metalink on a few SRs (TARs) to fix teh issues in Oracle Supply chain management, Financials, Manufacturing areas
- Troubleshooting teh issues on Service Contract (on returns, exchanges, repairs) application and providing teh fix, solution to resolve teh issues
- Troubleshooting teh issues on Telesales, CRM applications.
- Gathering teh requirement details from teh super user and enhancing teh Oracle custom report (in PL/SQL) in Bill of Material (BOM) application
- Working on workflow builder 2.6 to modify teh PO REAPPROVAL workflow to meet teh client requirements
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
Oracle EBS Financial Functional Consultant
- Interaction and discussing AS IS business processes and organization structure with SME
- Gathering Requirements by Conducting JAD Sessions
- GAP Analysis and Mapping Business Requirements
- Configuring/Updating Functional Setups of GL, AP, AR, PO and OM modules
- Develop BR100 Application setup documents for GL, AP, AR, PO and OM
- Develop Unit (TE.020) and System Integration Test Scripts (TE.050)
- Perform Conference Room Pilot (CRP) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Developing GL, AP, PO, AR and OM Training Guides using UPK
- Perform Train-teh-Trainer and End User Training on Financials Modules
- Develop/Update Discoverer Reports for Month End Reports
- Support Business Users in Month End Close Process
- Consolidations of Ledgers for Financials Reports
- Post Go-Live Production Support and Resolving issues during Production
- Create and follow up Service Requests from Oracle