- 6 years of experience in the field of Database Technology with experience in designing, developing, implementing Databases, Web development and Application development.
- Hands - on experience in Oracle 10g/11g/12c RAC implementation & administration (Oracle Clusterware setup and configuration, RAC installation using ASM, Grid Installation).
- Experienced in Installation of high-availability RAC environment (2, 3, 4 and 5 node clusters), and upgraded standalone databases to 11g/12c RAC environment.
- Experience in designing and configuring high-availability systems using physical standby (Active Data Guard).
- Excellent Experience in installing and maintaining Oracle Dataguard to implement physical Standby Databases for Disaster Recovery.
- Proficient in setting up Standby Database using shell scripts and RMAN utility tool, activating and Re-building Standby Databases both Physical and Logical supported by DATAGUARD.
- Have ample knowledge in implementing policies and procedures for disaster recovery and archival processing to ensure data protection.
- Knowledge in Exadata for high performance and improve throughput
- Knowledge in AWS cloud computing and deployment service.
- Working knowledge in AWS EC2 instances, use AWS S3 for storage
- Golden gate setup to achieve unidirectional replication and Golden gate database user with necessary privileges.
- Installed and Configured the Golden Gate software and created manager, extract, replicated trail files and tested the data are flowing from source to target database.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing backup and recovery strategy for databases using Recovery Manager (RMAN), traditional Export/Import, Export/Import Datapump, as well as conventional Hot/Cold Backups.
- Implemented various backup strategies for Large/Medium sized databases using RMAN.
- Worked extensively on Cloning/Duplicating of databases using RMAN.
- Hands on experience with logical backups, Hot/Cold backups, Recovery, and cloning of databases using Recovery Manager, SQL-Backtrack, VERITAS Net Backup.
- Experience with various database Backup and Recovery methods like PITR, TSPITR, Export/Import, and Flashback Technologies.
- Strong Knowledge of 11g advanced features like ASM, AWR, ADDM FLASHBACK and 12c ASM flex.
- Expert in delivering Oracle Database performance-tuning services for customers with EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE, ORADEBUG, 11g OEM, Grid, Cloud, monitoring custom scripts, troubleshooting oracle databases using SQL trace utilities.
- Experience in tuning database and memory components for optimal performance using AWR, ADDM and ASH reports.
- Hands-on experience in tuning, mapping, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
- Experience with SQL coding including DDL, DML and fine tuning those SQLs for better performance.
- Collecting performance statistics using Statspack/AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) and ADDM (Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor).
- Used TKPROF utility and Explain Plan for tuning SQL queries.
- Good knowledge of v$, performance views and command line skills to identify information about sessions, wait events, system performance, etc.
- Applying Patches, Critical Patch Update/Patch Set update and One-Off Patches using OPatch. Experience in patching RAC databases in rolling fashion to maintain high availability.
- Extensive experience in designing Logical and Physical data models for new developments using ERwin modeler.
- Skilled in cross platform migrations from Windows to Linux, Solaris to Linux.
- Migrated databases from Non-ASM file system to ASM file system using RMAN.
- Upgrading and Migration of Oracle database to higher version and other platforms using manual method and traditional Export/Import, datapump& Transportable Tablespace (TTS).
- Experience in coding SQL, PL/SQL package, function, stored procedure, triggers, and Materialized view for Oracle database.
- Disk Space Management involving managing archives, space allocation to various tablespaces, as well as capacity planning for new applications.
- Expertise in Configuring RMAN with Catalog/Nocatalog. Worked on Point-In-Time Recovery and flashback.
- Plugging the tablespace between different platforms using Cross platform transportable tablespace Utility.
- Experience in regular DBA activities such as Upgrades, Patches, TAR support, Cloning, Backups and Recovery Manager, Performance Tuning, Capacity Planning and documentation
- Memory tuning by using ASMM (Automatic shared Memory Management). Sorted area size, Buffer cache, Shared pool size, Different pools like Recycle pool, Keep pool.
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, User Management, Tablespace management, maintenance of Oracle Database.
- Installing Oracle patches, Migration of database across releases.
- Experience in Monitoring and Tuning system resources associated with the database performance, hit ratios, I/O, lock, and latch contention.
- Expertise in loading data from flat files using external tables, SQL* Loader.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Scripting.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Red Hat Linux RHEL 5.x and Windows XP
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/12c
SOFTWARE/APPLICATIONS/TOOLS: DBCA, DBUA, Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), OEM Grid Control, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Management Service (OMS), Oracle Management Cloud (OMC), Real Application Clusters (RAC), ASM, SQL Navigator, TOAD, Data Pump (expdp,impdp), SRVCTL, SQL*Plus
TUNING TOOLS: SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM
Confidential - City of Sunrise, FL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Install, Configure, Setup, Maintain and Support Oracle 11gR1, 11gR2, 12c Physical and Logical Standby database for Test, Development and Production for various home-developed applications like Portfolio Management Systems and vendor applications like SAP Business solutions
- Configure Dataguard and Broker for administration of seamless switchovers.
- Initial load - direct load, direct bulk load, file to replicat, file to database utility; avoiding and handling Collisions during initial load
- Configure and build Golden Gate Extracts/Replicate for multiple databases
- Data selection, filtering, transformation and column mapping, and Built-in functions in GoldenGate
- Commit change number (CSN), checkpoint file and checkpoint table.
- Involved in 24x7 on-call support for 12 databases of 2.0 TB 3 Node production 10g and 11g RAC databases using Oracle 12c Cloud Control for Alert Monitoring and Notification
- Upgrade DBs from 188.8.131.52 to 12.1.
- Migrate to Multitenant Architecture using CDB and PDB of applications that otherwise have their own instances and qualify to be PDBs.
- Resolve lock/latch and resource contention issues during production hours
- Upgrade GI and DBs from 11g to 12c with physical standby DBs in place
- Utilize SPM SQL Baselines, SQL Profiles and SQL Tuning Advisor for troubleshooting and providing tuning recommendations to application teams.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all databases.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Usage of enhanced features in 12c such as Real Application Testing, Table and partition recovery using RMAN, Invisible columns, DDL Logging, Redo Log reduction on GTTs using temp undo enabled.
- Perform LOB Compression, SecureFile and Deduplication in a cost-saving effort.
- Resolved RAC issues, OCR related issues, rebooting of faulty nodes, relocating the switched over services.
- Implemented Oracle TDE to provide transparent encryption of stored data to support submission efforts with release of Oracle 11g R2.
- Extensive usage of Oracle 11gR2 features such as Real Application Testing, automatic SGA tuning, enhanced RMAN with Flash Recovery Area, Block Change Tracking, Merge backup, Oracle Data Pump, big file tablespaces, new EM Grid Control, Database Control, Studio Control, AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning/Access Advisors, SQL Performance Analyzer, Database Replay, SQL Plan Management, SQL Tuning Automation, Flashback Database, compression techniques, and several others.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Database Replication issues.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning using OMC.
- Performance Tuning of Oracle Database Objects using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF, STATSPACK for optimized results.
- Analyze AWR, ASH and ADDM reports and draw conclusions that aid in troubleshooting performance issues. Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small-sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
- Working with Application Development team to address any issues they encounter and provide support and resolution action plans.
- Troubleshoot and resolve slowness or performance issues with extensive investigation and follow-up with respective application teams with RCA and proposed solutions.
Environment: Oracle 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
Confidential - Dayton, OH
Oracle Production Support Database Administrator
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 18.104.22.168, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using (OEM) 11g, Grid Control.
- Loading data from flat files to database using SQL*Loader, External Tables.
- Automated processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM and EXPLAIN PLAN for periodic performance tuning.
- Implemented Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small-sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning using OEM.
- Databases migrated to RAC for improved resiliency and performance.
- Security User Management, Privileges, Role, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication. Creating Materialized views and Materialized View Logs for Increased Performance and Data Replication.
- Expertise in Performing Tuning Database - Tuning involved I/O, Memory, CPU utilization, SQL Tuning, SGA tuning, Shared Pool tuning, Buffers and Disk I/O tuning using Oracle's regular performance tuning tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK (perfstat), SQL*Trace, TKPROF.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning, oracle contention and monitored production database using automatic workload repository (AWR), automatic database diagnostic monitor (ADDM) and Active Session History (ASH).
- Achieved optimized performance for databases by rebuilding indexes, on tables and indexes.
- Performed Database upgrades from Oracle 9i (22.214.171.124) to Oracle 10g (10.2.0.5) and to Oracle 11g (126.96.36.199) RAC databases.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of databases.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 11g, 10g two Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on AIX platform.
- Involved in converting a single instance database to Oracle 11g, 10g RAC databases.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Worked closely with Oracle developers for better performance in Applications in writing the Packages, Triggers and Indexes on the tables.
- Performed Database refreshes using expdp, impdp, RMAN Duplicate and cloning.
- Experienced in cloning databases using HOT and COLD backups.
- Used RMAN Duplicate and HOT/COLD backups to migrate data from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.
Environment: Oracle 220.127.116.11, 10.2.0.5, 18.104.22.168, IBM AIX V6.1, Suse Linux, RAC, ASM, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL* Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, TOAD 10.0.