- Experienced IT professional with 25+ years implementing mission critical solutions in retail, government, telecommunications, media, and financial services industries; significant experience in leveraging technology to solve business problems; hands - on experience implementing impactful data-warehousing/business intelligence applications on very large databases; experience building web applications for e-commerce and transactions processing;
- Oracle Financials implementation; experience implementing governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions; ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment; use strong team-working skills and collaborative approach to get work done; able to lead successful teams, work and communicate with a wide variety of senior managers; organized, self-directed with hands on skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Project (and other Microsoft Office Suite products)
- Successfully migrated applications from in - house hardware to the Cloud (Azure and Google)
- Ability to handle multiple complex issues at the same time and come up with creative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Process documentation, re-engineering and automation of configuration management tasks, ensuring an orderly development environment and deployment of changes to application instances. Automated deployment scripts provide auditable/secure CM environment.
- IBM Rational Tools, MS Visual Studio and Visual SourceSafe
ERP: Oracle Financials 11i/R12 (GL, AP, AR, CE, SA, FV, SLA)
Databases: Oracle, DB2, Teradata, Sybase, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MS Access. Performance tuning of very large databases. Some experience with Hadoop.
Datawarehouse SME: Enterprise and data mart logical database design, implementation in various RDBMSs; ETL and performance tuning. Development of dashboards and BI solutions. Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
Development Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Other: IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Rational Tools, Visual SourceSafe, Oracle GRC, Erwin, SQL Designer, ODI, SSIS, SSAS, SSMS, Toad, SQL Developer/Modeler, Informatica, PowerBuilder, Tableau and Business Objects, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, SAS
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
System/Data Architect and Configuration Management SME
Technologies Used: Oracle ERP (11i/12), Oracle Database (9 through 12c), MS SQL Server for change management software, UNIX/Linux, IBM Rational Tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest), HP QTP and Quality Center, XML, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Toad, Apache, IIS, Tomcat, Webcenter, SharePoint, Oracle GRC tools, Erwin, Oracle Designer, FNDLOAD, shell and Perl scripts
- As system and data architect and all around technical person, was part of the team brought in that turned around Confidential (Oracle ERP) implementation in 2003 and brought it to production in 2005. Designed many of the custom data structures and played a key role in the re - hosting effort from EDS to IBM, contributing in such areas as capacity planning, hardware specifications and other technical areas.
- Created the framework currently used for build deployment, similar to an Oracle patch, and wrote most of the PL/SQL and shell scripts that have now evolved into a flexible toolset that is used to deploy not just Oracle setups, database changes and packages, but also configuration parameters for non-Oracle products used in Confidential .
- The flexibility of the toolset was demonstrated when we were able to handle all of the high volume changes deployed during R12 upgrade and on cutover date, we deployed all BR100s in less than 70% of the hours allocated and without a single incident. Whereas a single ORG setup used to take days and error prone, the automated deployment enabled us to deploy 24 news orgs in a couple of days and without any errors or incidents.
- The completely flexible build deployment toolset provides an audit trail enabling us to know what s been deployed to an instance, when and with what change request record (HCR/PMR). Instances can easily be compared to see how they differ. To demonstrate the extensibility and flexibility of this tool, it s now used in post-clone steps to restore responsibilities and user-responsibility assignments, after an instance is cloned and also to synch setups that are implemented in production instance, to other instances.
- The tool can also be used to generate BR100s.
- Performed the initial evaluation and implementation of GRC solutions for Confidential .
- The implemented GRC modules are used to monitor separation of duty (SOD) controls and tracking configuration changes in Confidential, for audit purposes.
- Developed and implemented an archive/purge strategy for GRC databases, developed post clone steps to restore CCG without a total re-configuration, and developed CCG configuration items not supported out of the box. Also implemented monitoring scripts so we can proactively know when there are issues, instead of waiting for end users to report those issues.
- Used Agile development methodology in all my development work
Confidential, New York, NY
Contract CTO and Architect
- Managed all technology development for the web - based transaction processing engine, for credit/debit cards, stored value and electronic checks. Developed software/system architecture and API specifications.
- Developed and maintained the database models in Erwin. Physical database was implemented in SQL server and was responsible for developing most of the stored procedures used for the application, including online and off-line reports.
- Managed all technical resources, across continents.
- Responsible for systems maintenance and upgrades (patches, upgrades, backups, cloning, etc.).
- Developed the technology framework and processes to ensure security of customer credit card data.
- Maintained concise communications with external auditors, detailing scope of project plans, progress and status of initiatives underway.
- Coordinated with global cross-functional teams to define a project management framework that identified, prioritized, facilitated projects and ensured clear communication, accountability and follow through.
- Managed all aspects of security (PCI) certification.
- Worked completely with Agile methodology.
- Migrated application first to Microsoft Azure and then Google Cloud.
Confidential, New York, NY
Technologies Used: Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, C, C++, OLAP tools, SAS, Business Objects, GQL and Pablo, Informatica, SQL and shell scripts, ETL, VBScript, .Net/C#, Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Visio, Word, Powerpoint), T-SQL, PL/SQL, Erwin, Oracle Designer, Cisco IVR, IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Managed and developed business-critical decision support/data warehouse applications, in support of effective marketing strategies, product management and planning, sales channel management, innovative retailing, customer service, inventory management, category management and forecasting. Databases were typically hundreds of gigabytes to terabytes and front-end applications were developed using Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, C, decision support and OLAP tools (SAS, Business Objects, Andyne’s GQL and Pablo). Used Informatica and custom scripts (SQL and shell scripts) for ETL.
- Re-engineered the admissions process at a major educational institution, eliminating inefficient processes (paper trails) by providing timely information to decision makers. Started the development of a new admissions information system that eliminated several islands of information, streamlined the admissions process and provided a central repository for measuring the effectiveness of the admissions criteria in meeting stated institution goals. Developed the system requirements, the enterprise logical data model and process model. Also managed the engagement, developed end-to-end architecture, selected software and hardware and implemented the physical data model in Sybase.
- Developed an integrated marketing information system for a major telecommunications firm that provides an integrated view of the customer, products and the competitive landscape. The system is still in use for product management, sales channel management, tariff impact analysis, sales channel management, new product development and customer churn management.
- Built a set of web-based applications (job classifieds, chat, route planning, etc.) for the trucking industry.
- Built e-commerce sites for several media companies
- Built web services that are used by a major cable company to deliver subscription-based hyper-local information (such as school closings, news, events, and voting results) to the communities they served.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Technologies Used: Oracle, Sybase, UNIX, Business Objects
- Managed group that implemented a data warehouse (OLAP) set of applications for a major telecommunications company, using Oracle and Business Objects.
- On another project, led an audit of a billing system for a major telecommunications company -- identifying key design, process, personnel and management weaknesses and recommended solutions
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Consultant and Manager
Technologies Used: Teradata, Oracle, CICS, Cobol, UNIX, Informatica, Business Objects, PowerBuilder, Andyne GQL/Pablo
- Responsible for the design and development of very large data warehouse and OLAP applications, in Oracle and Teradata, for major retail, financial and telecommunications companies.
- Regional Client/Server specialist, providing pre and post-sales support. Developed LAN class and taught it throughout the country.