- 7 years of experience in Software design, development and implementation of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL applications.
- Excellent knowledge in Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in Relational Data Base Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Extensively worked in Client-Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i Forms 9i/6i, Reports 10g/6i/6.0, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Proficient in designing, modeling, creating and maintaining oracle database.
- Experience in writing SQL queries, functions, packages, cursors and stored procedures, database triggers using PL/SQL in Oracle.
- Experience in application development using various advanced features of Oracle like Collections, Table Functions, Dynamic SQL, Object types and Records.
- Involved in query performance of slow SQL statements by implementing Index, using FORALL and BULK COLLECT.
- Expertise in distributed query performance tuning by using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Trace and TKPROF Utilities provided by oracle.
- Experienced in working with utilities like SQL * loader, External tables, import, export to extract large volume of data.
- Expert in Oracle database and GUI design and development of high performance technical solutions to meet the challenging business demands to the clients.
- Expert in Creating PL/SQL procedures, packages, functions, database triggers and other database objects like to generate back-end and front-end reports.
- Experience in Application Development using Forms, Reports and Discoverer.
- Strong experience in Oracle Workflows.
- Extensive experience in data migration techniques using Oracle External Tables, SQL* Loader, Import/Export, bulk and batch processing.
- Experienced in data analysis, data modeling, development, testing and documentation ofprojects.
- Had good experience with Object-Oriented Design, application design and development using SQL (SQL*Reports, complex queries, views, group queries, tree queries, nested query, sub queries), PL/SQL (Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Packages and Oracle inbuilt packages).
- Experience with DBA activities like creating users, granting and revoking privileges on database objects and taking backups.
- Excellent working and conceptual knowledge of PL/SQL, HTML and XML Technologies.
- Knowledge of Database design, E-R diagrams.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, logical design, Resource Planning, code development, testing, implanting and maintenance
- Worked on ETL- extraction, transformation and load.
- Possess good communication skills.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL server 2000/2005, MS Access (2000, XP)
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
DB Utilities: Oracle APEX 4.2, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, SQL Loader, SQL Navigator.
GUI Tools: Developer 2000(Forms 6i/9i/10g, Reports 6i/9i/10g, Graphics), BI, Publisher, XML, MS Excel, Visual studio.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, and Mac.
Sr. PL/SQL Developer
- Involved in the business requirements gathering and analysis, understanding client’s Data Warehousing requirements and system analysis.
- Creation of database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Materialized Views, Packages, Triggers,Sequences and Synonyms.
- Written Procedures and Functions using Dynamic SQL and written complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Used Oracle SQL Developer for creating PL/SQL (trigger, sequence, stored procedure).
- Developed complex SQL queries for data retrieval from various database objects including tables and views.
- Used Explain plan and Tkprof to tune the long running and queries and modified scripts.
- Written procedures for jobs that runs daily.
- Jobs include inserting new records into the existing table if not present or update the values in table for the records that are already present.
- Developed procedures for tree views.
- Tree views contains the hierarchical view of information which can be expanded to reveal the sub-items if exists and collapsed to hide sub-items. Used cast, regular expression regex() functionsfrequently.
- Created transaction tables from the existing tables by writing procedures.
- Transaction tables are derived from the original tables in which different rows of transaction table are populated from a single row of the original table.
- Worked with ArcGIS developers and have a very good understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) concepts.
- GIS lets us visualize, question, analyze, and interpret data to understand relationships, patterns, trends and it can relate unrelated information by using location as the key index variable.
- Developed Stored Procedures in PL/SQL for cleaning up data and providing underlying structure for reporting using SQL Involved in review, testing and logging defects of the code designed .
Environment : Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL * Developer, UNIX and Windows.
Sr. PL/SQL Developer
- Involved in complete SDLC (system development life cycle) including system analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding and testing.
- Ensure conformance to code standards and documentation requirements.
- Creation of database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, StoredProcedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, and Synonyms.
- Used advanced Bulk techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance.
- Developed Installation scripts for all the deliverables.
- Developed views to facilitate easy interface implementation and enforce security on critical customer information.
- Used Dynamic SQL programming technique to build and process SQL statements. Used TOAD, PL/SQL developer tools for faster application development.
- Performed exception handling.
- Writing validation packages using PL/SQL package using Data Structures.
- Developed various complex stored procedures, packages, interfaces and triggers in PL/SQL.
- Apart from developing, other day-to-day responsibilities involved supporting production with issues related to day-to-day data fixes and debugging aborted processes.
- Documenting procedures and scripting, and eventually be drafting up them into Unit test plans.
- Wrote heavy stored procedures using dynamic SQL to populate data into temp tables from fact and dimensional tables for reporting purpose.
- Performed functionaltesting for the procedures and packages.
Environment : Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL * Loader, UNIX and Windows.