- Over 6+ years of IT experience in the Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of business application systems for Health care, Pharmaceutical, Financial, Insurance, Banking.
- 6+ years of Database experience using Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Windows 2000, Windows XP.
- Proficient in Analyzing Business processes requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Worked as a software developer in Confidential . Worked in J2EE projects and is a proficient SQL, PL/SQL developer.
- Oracle Certified DBA (10g) - Aced the test with high scores.
- Proficient in Oracle DBMS, database tools like iSQL*Plus.
- Strong Exposure in writing simple and complex SQLs, PL/SQL functions and procedures, packages and creation of Oracle Objects - tables, materialized views, triggers, synonyms,records, arrays and collections.
- Experience in using database tools like TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, and IDE’s like Eclipse for development.
- Experience using Version Control Systems (CVS, Subversion, etc)
- Familiarity with performance tuning of queries using SQL developer and TKProf.
- Proficient in writing complex analytical functions, normalization, database design, creating indexes, functions, sub queries, pagination using SQL.
- Proficient in writing Dynamic SQL queries.
- Worked in all phases of a SDLC project, from analysis of requirements to participation in design, implementation and review of the project specifications.
- Knowledge of core Java, object oriented concepts.
- Experienced in Tomcat web server, J2EE technologies like servlets and JSPs.
- Excellent team player and can work on both development and maintenance phases of the project.
- Efficient team player with excellent communication skills and good interaction with users.
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, JSP, Servlets
Software & Technologies: Eclipse IDE, Apache TomcatPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- The project involved checking eligibility and assigning members to the Health Care Policies within a designated zip code.
- Collected and collated appropriate data for use in databases and conduct related research.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts to convert Functional Requirements into technical Specifications.
- Extensively wrote Custom packages, stored procedures, triggers, materialized views, functions using PL/SQL.
- Used Ref Cursors in the New Member Packages for faster retrieval of information.
- Used indexes for enhancing the performance.
- Modified existing Interfaces using PL/SQL procedure, triggers and functions in the Human Resources module.
- Used DBMS SCHEDULER to automate the regular tasks and improve time-constrained performance.
- Tuned SQL statements using Explain plan for enhanced performance.
- Responsible for requirement Analysis, Coding, Testing and Implementation of various modules.
- Performed SQL Tuning of existing procedures, packages and functions for faster query execution using Explain Plan utility.
- Paginated data using SQL.
- Used advanced analytical functions in SQL.
- Developed Dynamic SQL code for run time query execution.
- Interacted with the DBA team for Performance Tuning and database issues using SQL trace and TKProf.
- As a part of a team, successfully completed the design, development and implementation of the system.
- Worked on production support, bug fixing and enhancements.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL*PLUS, iSQLplus, TOAD.
Confidential, New Brunswick, NJ
- Involved in Requirement Analysis, Estimation, Design, Coding, and Testing and on-time delivery.
- Conduct data analysis of input files to system and suggest required modifications.
- Allocation of tasks to the offshore resources. Monitoring the activities and efforts of the offshore team.
- Involved in developing, testing, compiling, debugging and maintains the data using oracle, PL/SQL.
- Experience transferring data from production database to test database using SQL developer.
- Knowledge transfer to client technical team.
- Extensively improved query performance by creating appropriate indexes.
- Physical modeling of databases, database object creation and development of Oracle PL/SQL Packages to implement business functionality.
- Perform performance Tuning and create backup strategies.
- Analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements
- Develop highly complex applications using Oracle 10g database as back-end with expertise in design and development of Oracle PL/SQL Packages and Procedures. Superior skills in designing and developing Oracle objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures and Functions in PL/SQL, Packages in PL/SQL, Materialized Views, collections and records.
- Worked on complex analytical functions.
- Created Dynamic SQL queries to add more flexibilty to the application.
- Used Ref Cursors for faster retrieval of information.
- Tune PL/SQL code and other SQL for efficient processing.
- Extensively used triggers (Before and after triggers) to populate the table during inserts with default values and also worked on Instead of Triggers.
- Correct program errors, prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, TOAD, and Windows XP.
Role: PL/SQL Developer
- This application was used in various countries and each one had different levels of monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Was responsible for implementing these country specific configurations and testing them out.
- Developed SQL scripts to create database tables, synonyms, sequences and created users, roles and granting privileges for them.
- Extensively worked in writing SQL Queries (Sub queries and Join conditions, correlated sub queries).
- Wrote procedures, functions and packages according to the client requirement.
- Developed PL/SQL Procedures and database triggers for the validation of input data and to implement business rules.
- Also wrote many database triggers for automatic updating of tables based on certain events.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance. Performed query optimization using indexes, hints, cost based optimization and rule based optimization.
- Implemented some modules logic by using triggers and integrity constraints.
- Coded using JSPs for the front-end and used Java servlets for interacting with Oracle DB. (Service and Database Interaction classes)
- Used Eclipse for writing code and VSS, for version control.
- Was responsible for overall system testing of the application, finding and fixing bugs.