- 5.5years of experience in analysis, design, development, and testing of business applications web based Client/Server architectures.
- Proficient in analyzing the end user requirements and converting them into efficient Technical Solutions.
- Expertise in SQL and PL/SQL programming, developing complex code units, database triggers and using the latest features to optimize performance.
- Strong Knowledge on Oracle architecture and database design.
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL.
- Extensive and proven experience writing simple and complex SQL queries using Joins, Analytical Functions, Inline views.
- Extensive experience writing Database Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors and Packages using PL/SQL.
- Experience in advanced PL/SQL concepts for Bulk Operations using Bulk collect, Bulk Exception, Collection and FORALL.
- Extensive experience in database programming using SQL and PL/SQL following industry best practices.
- Expert in creating indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, effective functions, and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Expertise in loading data from legacy systems using SQL*Loader.
- Experience in Database modeling and database object definitions using tools like Oracle Designer.
- Strong knowledge of Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using UNIX shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL and SQL Loader.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Experience in writing Technical design documents and developing unit test documents.
- Supported integration and end user testing with efficient defect management process.
- Worked in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Strong Analytical, Problem solving and communication skills.
- Extensively involved in communicating with the onsite users in resolving the issues and contributing my part of technical support to the team.
Databases : Oracle 11g(18.104.22.168)/10g(10.2.0.5)/9i(9.2.0), SQL Server, MS Access.
Scripting : SQL, PL/SQL
Languages : C, C++, XML, HTML.
Operating Systems : Windows 2000/XP, UNIX - HP-UX11IV3, LINUX (SUSEv3.1)
GUI: Oracle Forms 6i and Reports 6i.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
Oracle, PL/SQL Developer
- Collaborated with the Business Analysts and the DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis, testing, metrics and project coordination.
- Involved in logical modeling and physical modeling of application.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and SQL Scripts using PL/SQL.
- Involved in creation of Conceptual Modeling covering all the business requirements.
- Loaded the data into database tables using SQL*loader from text and excel files.
- Developed data model, SQL Queries, SQL Query tuning process and Schemas.
- Created SQL*plus reports as per client's various needs, and developed business objects.
- Developed SQL scripts for Referential Integrity check, which checks validity of incoming data with master tables in database.
- Worked with Bulk Collects to improve the performance of multi-row queries
- Developed several stored procedures and functions using advanced Oracle concepts such as Bulk Binds, Bulk Collects Ref Cursors to improve performance.
- Developed SQL scripts, packages and procedures for Business rules check to implement business rules.
- Developed SQL and PL/SQL scripts to transfer tables across the schemas and databases.
- Data loaded from legacy systems (ETL Operations) using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader.
- Developed Procedures for efficient error handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables.
- Used Ref cursors and Collections for accessing complex data resulted from joining of large number of tables.
- Developed Shell scripts to automate execution of SQL scripts to check incoming data with master tables, insert the valid data into Customer Management System and invalid data into error tables which will be sent back to sender notifying the errors.
- Worked with java developers to repair and enhance current base of PL/SQL packages to fix production issues and build new functionality and improve processing time through code optimizations and indexes.
- Used Toad for creating PL/SQL (trigger, sequence, stored procedure).
Environment: Oracle10g (10.2.0.5), PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL*loader, Stored Procedures/Triggers, XML.Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Involved in the Analysis, Design, Coding and Testing of the application.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created SQL*Loader control files for loading the data from flat files to staging area tables.
- Developed SQL scripts to create database objects like tables, views and sequences.
- Used SQL*Loader to load bulk data from various flat files.
- Developed SQL and PL/ SQL scripts for migration of data between databases.
- Tune SQL statements using hints for maximum efficiency and performance, create and maintain/modify PL/SQL packages, perform data modeling and create/maintain and modify complex database triggers and data migration scripts.
- Involved in logical and physical database design, Identified Fact Tables, Transaction Tables.
- Proactively tuned SQL queries and performed refinement of the database design to leading significant improvement of system response time and efficiency.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts in VI Editor with embedded SQL*Loader calls and PL/SQL statements to extract data from the legacy application in the form of flat files and load the extracted data into the new application.
- Worked with Bulk Collects to improve the performance of multi-row queries by reducing the context switching.
- Created Bitmap indexes on low cardinality columns as they result in reduced response time for queries and substantial reduction of storage space.
- Design and development of conversions, interfaces, customizations and all Technical design and solutions.
- Implemented Application Infrastructure policies, procedures and standards, and ensured their continual compliance.
Environment: Oracle 10g (10.2.0.5), SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, UNIX- HP-UX11IV3, TOADConfidential
- Developed views to facilitate easy interface implementation and enforce security on critical customer information.
- Knowledge of Normalization, and data transfer, documentation, preventive maintenance, code review, automation, store procedures and triggers etc.
- Performed exception handling for data that did not conform to the required format.
- Responsible for making the merged data in turn available to other clients.
- Wrote UNIX scripts to automate loading files into database using error handling and notification.
- Involved in implementing the data integrity validation checks through constraints and triggers.
- Involved in developing packages for implementing business logic through procedures and functions.
- Developed and modified procedures, functions, triggers and deployed the changes in the system .
- Extensively involved in application tuning, SQL tuning, memory tuning and I/O tuning using Explain Plan and SQL trace facilities.
- Performance of the queries is enhanced by executing optimization techniques such as index creation, table partition and coding stored procedures.
- Used UTI FILE PACKAGES for writing DBMS OUTPUT messages to file.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like TKPROF, AUTOTRACE and DBMS SQLTUNE.
Environment: Oracle 9i (9.2.0), SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, UNIX-HP-UX11IV3, TOAD