Sr SAP FI/CO Functional Analyst
- Over 20 years Professional experience with Business Users Interaction, Requirement Gatherings, Configurations, Development, Testing and End User Training with SAP ERP, Accounting, and Technical Support.
- About 8 years in SAP Finance and Controlling with 3 full life-cycle Implementations of Business Consulting & Functional Analysis of SAP FI/CO Module in SAP Project as per ASAP methodology
- Possess excellent internal, communication and organizational skills with proven abilities to handle multiple tasks, Team Management, Customer relationship Management and planning with strict adherence to time schedules.
- Implementation experience in General Ledger (GL), Account Receivable (AR), Account Payable (AP), Asset Accounting (AA), Special purpose Ledger, Controlling Areas, Cost Center Accounting (CCA), and Profit Center Accounting (PCA).
- Completed three full life cycle implementations activities.
- Experience covers all stages of SAP FI/CO activities from Fit Gap analysis, Develop,
- Creation of business blueprints, Configuration, Realization, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Learning training, Go Live support, Control Start, Support production.
- Experienced in Enhancements, Testing & Production Support/ user issues, super-users and End user training and documentation.
- Extensive exposure in writing functional specifications including interfaces and working with ABAP programmers.
- Closely coordinated with the business counterparts in identifying the RICEF's.
- Strong knowledge of business processes with strong foundation in Financial Accounting Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting concepts.
- Provided end user support for all issues pertaining to Finance and Controlling modules & Worked closely with Business Leaders to consult and influence direction of business process.
- User Training on the processes and assistance in developing End User Document.
- Experienced in User Acceptance Testing and Integration testing of Legacy System Interfaces with SAP functionality.
- Excellent project execution track record with good leadership, strong communication and analytical skills.
SAP FI/CO Skills:
- FI Enterprise Structure: Defining the organizational structure of Company, Configure Chart of Accounts and Define company codes.
- General Ledger: (FI GL) Configuration Create Account groups, Account types B/S & P/L, Retained Earnings Account, Field status variant, GL Master records, Fiscal year, Post Period variant, Account type, Customized Document type, Sort Keys, Posting keys, Exchange rate. Reconciliation Accounts for customers, vendors, Assets.
- Account Payables: (FI AP) Defined vendor groups, vendor Master data, House Banks, Down payments, Automatic payment program, Recurring Entries Program, Closing procedure.
- Integration of MM with FI.
- Accounts Receivable: Defined customer groups, customer master data, payment terms and interest calculation, incoming payments, dunning, down payments, closing operations, Define Lock Boxes, Clearing Accounts, and payment methods.
- Integration of SD with FI.
- Asset Accounting: Configuring chart of Depreciation, Define Depreciation areas, Depreciation key, Account Determination and Asset classes and calculate of depreciation.
- Controlling: create cost centers, primary cost element, secondary cost elements, internal orders,Distribution and Assessment cycles, statistical key figure, Planning & development of reports.
- Profit Center Accounting: Configuring and customizing the basic settings, maintaining profit center hierarchy, assignments, CO-objects to profit centers etc.
- Special Purpose Ledger: Define Summary table, Group, Define ledger, Activities field movements, Activity transaction.
- Bachelors in Computer science
- Certification in BASIC & intermediate accounting principles.
Technical Skills: SAP ERP Application: ECC 6.0, ECC 5.0, SAP R/3 Version : 4.6C,4.6B, 4.7, ECC 6.0, SCM/APO Functional Area : SAP ERP - Finance and Controlling, Project Systems, Data Migration Tools: LSMW, eCATT, Report Painter, Report Writer, custom BAPI Other Tools : HPQuality Center 11.0, Remedy, M-Office Suite Testing Strategies : Integration System, Performance, UA & Black Box Testing
Confidential, Orlando, FL Mar 10 - Present
Confidential is the global leader in pallet and container pooling services serving many of the world's largest companies with having business across the globe.
- As a core member for full cycle implementation of SAP FI/CO module, gathered business process information and compiled the AS-IS, TO-BE and GAP analysis of the SAP R/3 system. Performed assessment of business requirements, mapping with SAP functionality.
- Configured FI New GL, AP/AR & Banking - Document Splitting, Segment Reporting, Special purpose ledger, Doc types & posting keys, analysis of all open items and clearing of goods receipt/invoice receipt (GR/IR) accounts. Designed Account groups and Configured Payment program for check printing and Wire Transfer payments. Configured tax codes for vendor invoices. Worked on Vendor Master, Vendor invoices Payment methods (ACH/Wire Transfer, Check and Credit Card) and reporting, Customer Master, and Default account assignments for Overpayments/Underpayments.
- In Asset Accounting (FA), assisted in creating Fixed Assets, Group Assets, Assets Class, Post Periodic Assets, and Asset Acquisitions. Maintained Depreciations, Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation Area, Fiscal Year Variant, Number range, and Substitution Rules in the Fixed Asset Master records and reviewed various Fixed Assets Accounts.
- Integration of parallel accounting concept during configuration for Fixed Assets Module, General Ledger, re-grouping and currency valuation processes for each period-end.
- Responsible of delivering integrated solution for service process with R/3 and CRM system.
- Configured relevant settings for Lockbox processing and Outgoing Payments. Resolved issues during Unit, Functional, Integration and Regression testing of business scenarios and test conditions.
- Defined Profit Center and Cost Center hierarchies. Created reports using Report Painter and Report Writer in CCA and PCA.
- Created an Electronic Bank Statement Posting Rules. Created Lockbox in House banks.
- Responsible for configuration of asset classes, depreciation areas, account determination, screen layout key and allocating number ranges to asset classes. Customized screen layout for each asset class with unique number ranges.
- Configured Leasing types, Account Determination, Screen layout rules, Asset classes for capital lease. Assign GL Accounts for Depreciation Area Impairment.
- Built custom transaction that allows systemic match between a searchable list of goods receipts and vendor invoice information entered into the screen. Developed custom programs to meet business requirements.
- Providing functional specifications to technical team in building custom program to automate the Retro process to reduce the manual Intervention.
- Coordinated the integration efforts of FI/CO with SD, MM, based on functional requirements, automatic account assignment, maintaining the revenue account determinations & revenue recognition which is useful in integrating AR-SD.
- Involved in Maintaining Default Account Assignments, Validations and Substitutions rules, Overhead Structure for Accrual Costs, Planning Layout and Profiles.
- Designed, developed and tested data conversion programs to load, GL uploads, Account Payables and Customer Open Account Receivables data into SAP using LSMW and BDC.
- Identified the RICEFs related to the processes above and create the RICEF (reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements and forms) functional designs.
- Created BRD, FRD for User exits, module pool programs, Custom Idocs, Interface and reports.
- Worked extensively on identifying RICEF factors, documented them, and trained the team on writing RICEF functional designs.
- Conducted User testing after the implementation and supported the client in post launch Session and also involved in providing training to end-users.
Confidential, Roseville, CA May 08 - Feb 10
Confidential is the world's largest corporation (by revenue) and is known worldwide for its printers, personal computers and high end servers. It has a global presence in the fields of computing, printing, and digital imaging, and also provides software and services.
- Conducted interviews with users to gather requirements and to understand the flow of the As-Is system.
- Analyzed workflow to design solutions and designed the To-Be solution.
- Conducted GAP analysis, documented the findings, assessed scope of studies and suggested solutions through SAP for implementation and customizations.
- Analyzed business process re-engineering, configuration, modifications to suit the client's requirements, user documentation and user training.
- Configured Chart of Accounts, Account Groups in General Ledger GL, Accounts Receivable AR, Accounts Payable AP and Cost Center Accounting.
- Configured General Ledger Master Data, Incoming Payments and Reason Codes.
- Configured Accounts Receivable Master Data, Incoming Payments and Open Item Clearing.
- Configured Accounts Payable Master Data, Outgoing Payments and Open Item Clearing.
- Configured Cost Center Accounting Master Data, Planning and Cost Allocations.
- Involved in configuring field status groups, Posting keys, Inter-company postings, financial statement versions, document types, Open and Close Posting Periods.
- Defined and configured Vendor and Customer master data, Business transactions, and Dunning/payment processes in AR.
- Configured customer and vendor account group for domestic and one-time customer and vendor. Defined number ranges and customer tolerance limits.
- Configuration of house banks, Bank accounts, GL structure, posting rules for automatic assignment.
- Created Automatic Payment program with Clearing of open items.
- In Automatic Payment Program for vendors configured paying company code data, country payment methods (Check, ACH), and other factors needed for payment program.
- Involved in MM and SD integration testing for LIV processing and revenue account postings.
- Cost Center/Profit Center Accounting - Defined standard hierarchy for cost center accounting, designed Automatic Account Assignments, Assigned Cost Centers to Profit Centers and created Primary and Secondary Cost Elements.
- Configured COPC. Product Cost is planned by defining the Basic Settings for Material Costing, defined Costing Sheet, Calculation Bases, Overhead Keys and Cost Component Structure, Estimating material Cost with Quality Structure, defined Costing Variants and Transfer Strategies.
- Controlling the Cost Object by order, defined RA Keys, Cost Elements for WIP Calculations, Number Ranges, Settlement Profiles and Transfer Structures.
- Defined internal order types, maintained settlement profile, and order types.
- Created cost centers, activity types, statistical key figures, maintained versions, distribution, and assessment.
- Maintained overhead cost elements, configured both costing based CO-PA and account based CO-PA.
- Created characteristic and value fields, maintained costing types, costing sheets, overhead groups, overhead keys.
- Configured and customized asset accounting, account determination, depreciation areas, and asset classes.
- In QA, done UAT for client dependent transport.
- Provided production support for critical business issues and training to end users
Confidential, CA Aug 06 - Apr 08
FI/CO Consultant Confidential is a technology leader focused on basic research, commercial research (pharmaceutical and biotechnology) and standardized testing, including forensic human identification, paternity testing and food testing. The company has an installed base of approximately 180,000 instrument systems in nearly 100 countries.
- Integrated Asset Accounting, structured and valuated Fixed Assets, created Asset master Involved in the designing of Asset Class, Charts of depreciation, inter-company asset Transfers and balance-carry forward jobs, depreciation areas, depreciation keys, Calculations/reporting and Year-end closing in fixed assets. Designed and configured Asset Accounting to carry out business transactions like acquisitions, retirements and Transfers
- In AM, Configured COD, Asset Classes and Depreciation areas. The major areas of depreciation included but not limited to Book depreciation, ACRS/MAKRS and ACE and also inter company and intra company transfers in Asset Accounting Module.
- Analyzed business requirements, determined organizational structures and classified business units/locations as company codes, business areas and profitability centers.
- Configured over thirty company codes, tolerance groups for employees, vendors, automatic payment program, and house banks.
- Configured of Master data groups, Terms of Payment, Incoming Payments, Dunning, Interest Calculation, Open item clearing and Credit Management in Accounts Receivable
- Configured House Banks, Bills of Exchange, Manual Bank Statement and Cash journal in Bank Accounting.
- Executed test scripts to ensure all the necessary configuration has been transported to the training environment.
- Maintained non transportable configuration such as document number ranges and tax codes in training client.
- Worked on special purpose ledger (FI-SL) for special reporting needs at cost center, profit center and business area level. Created and maintained special ledger table groups.
- Defined validations and substitutions for special purpose ledgers.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting all CCA and PCA test cases. Tracked and resolved business process and configuration issues resulting from unit and integration testing.
- Configured CO-PA-and PCA to provide Product Line P&L and Balance Sheet reporting. Implemented CO / Overhead model, using Overhead key, Activity types, and Cost Centers. Reviewed the Material management configuration Purchase orders, Conventional Invoice verification, Logistic Invoice verification, Inventory management, Goods movements, Stock transfer between Company codes and Plants, Purchase Order swap between company codes, GR/IR clearing.
- Responsible for FI production support covering GL, AR, AP and year-end closing.
- Worked with team members in resolving configuration issues for GL, AR, AP and tracked their progress on a weekly basis.
- Created new GL accounts for accounting to permit timely reporting, modified financial statement version to more accurately reflect business and allow accurate analysis of company
Confidential, Houston, TX (Implementation Project) Oct 05 - Jul 06
FI/CO Consultant With $18.6 billion in consolidated revenues, Confidential is a global leader in manufacturing of chemicals and polymers, building blocks for countless products that people around the world use every day. Confidential manufactures basic chemicals and derivatives including ethylene, propylene, titanium dioxide, styrene, polyethylene, propylene oxide and acetyls. Confidential is also a significant producer of gasoline blending components. With headquarter in Houston, Texas, Confidential operates on five continents and employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
- Involved in the Full Life cycle implementation phases, including defining the business requirements, analyzing the gap, writing functional specifications, configuration and testing. Participated in new and existing client development.
- Analyzed the existing system for, AS-IS study, gathered functional requirements through user workshops, gap analysis, and participation in process improvement teams
- Examined the company's document flow vis-a-vis SAP process flow and recommended suitable validation procedures for documents at header, line item and whole document level.
- Analyzed the business requirements, determined organizational structures and classified business units/locations as company codes, business areas and profitability centers
- Worked on SAP Implementation of FI/CO modules for clients, including business process study.
- Was involved in requirements analysis namely in Conducting Interviews with Users to Gather Requirements and Understanding the Workflow of the existing system and also to gather information of the users expectation of SAP.
- General Ledger: Created the financial statement version as per the client requirements to assist with month end close reconciliation, GL posting issues - posting period, created new GL accounts to meet the requirements.
- Re-engineered and configured the financial bank reconciliation process for the client from legacy systems onto SAP FI. Modeled the processes of receiving customer payments of utility bills from several banks, incorporating the data into accounts receivables and updating financial records. Successfully developed the processes to incorporate posting rules and complex tax calculations into the system functionality. Utilized SAP's EDI functionality to receive files from the banks
- Configured the automatic interest calculations on the account balances/line items, payment terms for dunning, for over-due interest calculations for down payments and automatic clearing of line items.
- Internal Orders- Created and defined the new order type including statistical orders and maintained the settlement profile Defined the planning, Settlement and budget profile and Finally settled it to respective Cost centers. Configuring the assignments, maintaining the actual postings, plan version maintenance, cost of sales reporting and Internal Profitability analysis
Confidential, NJ Apr 05 - Sept 05
SAP R/3 FI/CO Consultant Confidential is a leading global provider of voice and data networks as well as communications solutions and services that help businesses; government agencies and other institutions excel in the customer economy. Responsibilities
- Configured basic settings Company Code, Charts of Accounts, Business areas.
- Configured chart of accounts with the necessary automatic account assignment configuration.
- Configured customer and Vendor account groups. Master records as well as one-time vendor and customer master records, account groups, number ranges, field status, tolerance groups and tolerances for each group.
- Responsible for the implementation of AR, AP, AM, Asset Accounting and CO modules.
- Configured posting period variant, open and close posting period, document number ranges, document types, tolerance ranges, line item controls, maintain fast entry screens for G/L account items, park documents, individual or mass reversal of documents, valuate foreign currency.
- Customized screen layouts for document entry at account/document levels, settings for clearing, modified financial statement to more accurately reflect business and allow accurate analysis of company.
- Created new G/L accounts for accounting to permit timely reporting.
- Created new profit centers and cost centers to enhance financial analysis.
- Configured controlling area, activate components/control indicators, assign number ranges to controlling area, assign company code to controlling area, maintained cost center standard hierarchy. In Cost Element/Cost Center Accounting created primary and secondary cost elements, cost element groups, cost centers, cost center groups, cost element attributes. Configured activity types, assessment and distribution cycles.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI (Full Cycle Implementation) Mar04 - Feb 05
Confidential is an independent industrial Group headquartered in France and fully focused on the design, production and sale of components, integrated systems and modules for cars and trucks. Confidential ranks among the world's top automotive suppliers. The group employs 70 000 people all over the world and approximately 7000 people in USA Responsibilities
- Documented financial information requirements and translated these requirements into an appropriate SAP financial hierarchy (enterprise model). Supported all phases of a project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of solutions, as well as documentation, and end-user training.
- Analyzed the AS-IS system, did a profound GAP analysis and successfully designed and mapped the TO-BE system on SAP at client's site.
- Using GAP Analysis simulation, created a long-term forecast of the company's financial development based on individual forecasts.
- Prepared the Business Process Procedures for various transactions in GL, AR, AP sub modules.
- Worked on the enhancements (AP) positive pay, legal entity payment and GR/IR mismatch issues.
- Configured House Banks, Payment Programs, Automatic Payment Methods and alternate bank selection for payments, Check management through assigning number ranges for check lots, checks printing and defining void codes.
- Worked with MM & SD teams to configure automatic account assignments and define customer and vendor groups.
- Worked on vendors reporting, Down payment, check form and EDI outbound and inbound.
- Configured Accounts Receivable (AR) module involving manual incoming payments, house banks, ranking order, bank accounts, and check management.
- Importing of data from cashed checks using RFEBCK00 program
- Defined account groups, payment terms for incoming payments, outgoing invoices /credit memos.
- In Accounts Receivable (AR), defined terms of payment for installation payments for incoming payments, maintained terms of payment for cash discounts and down payments for outgoing invoices /credit memos.
- Maintained tolerances for customers, performed mass changes of correspondent codes and dunning clerks, configured the credit management, deduction management, running/editing dunning proposal and printing dunning notices in AR, worked on integration of FI with SD.
Confidential, USA Feb 2002-Jan 2004
Role - Accounting Specialist Responsibilities
- Maintained all G/L Accounts.
- Create Master Data fro Assets Class in Sub ledger and Post Depreciate Expense in P/L Account and Accumulate Depreciate Expense in balance sheet.
- Period end closing fun reports, etc.
Confidential Sep 1990 - NOV 2001
Role- Technical Specialist Responsibilities Research development, installed maintained ,troubleshooting of all the models and also provided training programs for all the various digital b/w copiers & color imaging machines from low -med -high volume for manufactures such as Canon.