- Over 7 years of experience in SAP configuration, design and implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in SAP FI/CO implementation encompassing seven projects, three of which are full implementation cycles from Blue Printing to Realization and Go Live.
- Performed FI Configuration including FI Master Data, GL, A/R, A/P and New General Ledger
- Configuration expert of New GL to meet requirements to report multiple accounting methods including US GAAP and IFRS.
- Expert in customization of SAP ERPECC 6.0, 5.0, 4.7 & 4.6c versions in FI-CO modules.
- Responsible, detail oriented with strong technical, analytical, problem solving skills
- Performed FItesting (FI-AR, FI-AP, FI-AA & FI-GL).
- Excellent analytical, quick learning and problem solving skills with a desire to work in a team oriented environment
- A team player with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in External Reporting and preparation of FinancialStatements with good understanding of GAAP.
- Conducted training sessions, provided end user training and prepared training documents.
- Adept in various financial processes including Auditing, Assurance, Accounting processes, Financial statements, Fund Flow Management, Reporting, Consolidation and analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in independent and team-oriented environments with well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take on challenges and strong determination and can run extra mile to meet deadlines.
- Integration expert for integrating the entire Purchase-2-Pay business process: Creation and maintenance of vendor master records. Vendor transaction processing (including invoices and payments) Integrated nature within the MM component, Invoice verification & Outgoing payment process.
- Integration expert for integrating the entire Order-2-Cash business process covering: Creation and maintenance of customer master records, Customer transaction processing (including invoices, credits, and payments) integrated nature with SD module, Debtor\'s management, including credit control.
SAP FICO Skills.
Financial Accounting - Company code, Business area, Document control, Fiscal year maintenance. Field status Group, Finalization of Chart of Accounts, foreign currency, Tolerance groups for GL, GL Master, Park document, Hold document Recurring entries.
Accounts Payable - Vendor master data configuration, Tolerance group, Automatic Payment Program, Invoice, Credit memo, Check management, Down payment, Integration with MM module.
Accounts Receivable - Customer master data configuration, Terms of payment, Open item management, Dunning, Invoice, Credit memo, Down payment, Interest calculation, Integration with SD module.
Asset Accounting - Asset master data, Organization structure, Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation area and key, linking with GL Valuation Methods, Depreciation key, Depreciation Run, asset acquisition, write-off, Information system.
Cost Element Accounting - Cost element group, assignment of cost elements to group, Actual postings, Information System.
Cost Center Accounting - Cost center hierarchy, Actual Postings, Periodic Reposting, Distribution, Assessment, Information System.
Internal Orders - Order types, Creation, Expense booking, Status management, Settlement, Planning, Actual Postings, Year-end closing, Information System.
Profit Center accounting - Creation of Profit Centre, Maintain automatic account assignment of revenue element, Choose additional B/S & P & L A/C - Account groups
- ERPs: SAP ECC 6.0, SAP ECC 5.0, SAP R/3 4.5b/4.6C / 4.7 , SAP Solution manager 4.0, SAP Web Application Server 6.40.
- SAP Technology: ABAP/4 Workbench, Data Dictionary, Interfaces, Conversions, Exits, BAPI, BAdIs, EDI/ALE, RFC and IDOCs, C,C++,JAVA.
- SERVERS: SAP (NetWeaver 2004s/2004, WAS 6.x, ITS 6.x) , J2EE Engine on WAS640/WAS700.
- DATABASES: Oracle 7.x/ 8.x/ 9i/10g, MS SQL Server 2000 SP04, MaxDB, DB2 UDB.
- HARDWARE: IBM RS6000, Compaq Alpha Server 4100/ ES40, IBM Netfinity, HP 9000, Sun.
- OPERATING SYSTEMS: HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux, Windows NT/ 2000/ 2003.
BS in Accounting
Confidential, Deerfield, IL May 11 - Current
Siemens AG (NYSE: SI) is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, and operates in the industry, energy and healthcare sectors. For more than 160 years, Siemens has built a reputation for leading-edge innovation and the quality of its products, services and solutions.
- Conducting and Coordinating Business Blue print workshops for understanding client requirements.
- Understanding the business scenario in the Q/A database and generate issue log to track issues in the following areas
- General Ledger/ Chart of Accounts
- Grants Management/ Accounts Receivable
- Endowment and Other Restricted Funds
- Asset Accounting - Equipment and building
- Accounts Payable
- Preparation of business blue print deliveries. The task involved identification of data conversions required, interfaces needed.
- Collaborative work with the key users in the documentation of "As-is process".
- Performed data validation and account determination for mapping of the processes on to the SAP R/3 system.
- Gap analysis with realization of open issues and design of best fit functionalities.
- Educating the client on FI and CO Master and transaction data information with Intercompany processing details.
- Testing of full order to cash and procure to pay process.
- Successful Implementation of FI (GL, AR, AP) and CO settings on the development server and ultimate transportation on to the testing and production servers.
- Configured ERP structure and Financial Accounting global settings: key settings being company code, Business area, fiscal year variants, field status variant, open and close posting periods, document types and document number ranges and validations.
- Credit management settings: key being credit control area and risk categories.
- Implementation and maintenance of FI-AR, FI-AP master data of customers and vendors with open item processing.
- Configuration of interest calculation.
- Configuration of Bank accounting, Asset accounting, Cost and Profit center accounting.
- Prepared, documented and maintained all documentation and processes for end users.
- Conversion of year dependent periods to normal calendar month periods.
- Preparation of LSMW data upload templates, testing and performing data upload. GL balances both cumulative and line item balances including vendor, customer and asset master data were loaded via LSMW technique.
Environment: SAP-R/3 Version: ECC 6.0, EHP 4
Confidential, Plano, Texas Sep 10 - Apr 11
SAP FICO Functional consultant
Ericsson is the world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1000 networks in more than 180 countries use this network equipment, and more than 40 percent of world\'s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks.
- Configured SAP financials (FI/CO) and SAP Asset management.
- Process re-engineering and change management. Worked on gathering business requirements worldwide, which include trips to Asia and Europe to validate the findings. Also responsible for heading up the definition of the client's business processes, re-engineering said processes and implementing AP (FI-AP, FI-BL & MM-LIV) worldwide. This included the following:
- Responsible for facilitating the gathering of requirements specific to Accounts Payable from 34 sites in 20 countries (which included 13 different stand-alone legacy systems).
- Responsible for training team members on, and for facilitating the creation of global business process flows related to Accounts payable; which includes FI-AP and MM-LIV invoice entry, exception handling and the payment program.
- Configuration of Bank accounting. Responsible for creation of house banks and configuring the Payment Program with the related Bank Accounting Sub module Transactions in order to outsource payment execution to Bank of America for said countries. This included:
- Configuration and training of team members to facilitate configuration for 34 sites worldwide. This included an analysis of the current banking structure and interfacing with the Bank responsible for the 'single source' data transfer approach. Configured the payment program itself, including up to 6 different payment methods for each country.
- Acted as a liaison with BOA to clarify the requirements from both the client and banking sides.
- House bank creation including the usage of EDI related fields required for the creation of IDOC (which were the means of transmitting the data to the bank via FTP). Creation and usage of bank chains for both Vendors and House Banks. Documented and trained team members on the usage of bank details for 43 different countries to enable the client to pay said vendors via wire.
- Maintenance and creation of vendor master data including the setting up of tolerance limits for employees. Defining and setting payment blocks
- Assisted the Vendor Master Team with cleanup and validation of bank details for over 7,000 vendors paid via wire worldwide.
- Worked with the Treasury consultant on interfacing the needs of the Treasury department with those of the Accounts Payable Departments worldwide.
- Data Conversion for devising and implementing the approach used in loading both AP open items and GL balances into SAP.
- Analyzed requirements for processing Intercompany AR & AP transactions. Creation of initial specifications for configuring and implementing Intercompany functionality.
- In addition, I was responsible for co-managing the AP portion of the project, which included creating the scope document, the project plan (which included a projecting a go-live date) and the scope document.
- Responsible for the Post Go-Live Support of the US region. This includes interfacing with the Accounts Payable and Purchasing departments to implement temporary business processes to manage the transfer of unconverted legacy data into SAP.
- Conducted Post-Go Live support integrated workshops for the Accounts Payable department to educate on the integrated aspects of the two modules which included GR/IR maintenance, Blocking Codes and Framework Order Management.
Environment: SAP-R/3 Version: ECC 6.0, EHP 4.
Confidential, Linden, NJ Jun 09 - Aug 10
SAP FICO Functional consultant
Infineum International Ltd. is a world leader in the formulation, manufacturing and marketing of petroleum additives for lubricants and fuels. Established in January 1999, Infineum is a joint venture of two of the most venerable names in lubricants and fuels, ExxonMobil and Shell. We number among our customers many of the world's most recognized consumer brands.
- Customizing and Configuring Chart of Accounts, Account Groups, Assigning Chart of Accounts to Company Codes, Templates for Configuring Recurring Entries in GL Postings, Document Types, Number Ranges, Tolerance Groups, Field Status Groups, Posting Keys, Document Reversals, Invoices and Payments, Defining Account assignment models.
- Setting up credit master data of customers. Configured credit management. Set up account assignment for different order types and pricing conditions.
- Defined risk categories, processing incoming payments & applying it to account, with types (full, partial or residual).
- Maintained accounting clerks and generate account statements and other periodic correspondence. Defined payment terms and interest calculation.
- Defined employee and customer tolerance groups Configuration of Bills of Exchange and down payment process. Created primary and secondary cost elements and cost element groups.
- Configured Tolerance limits for customers and managed A/R reconciliation account for sub-ledgers for customers.
- Imparted User-training on FI-GL, AR and AP processes.
- Accountable to the organization for the development and organization of all the matters related to FI (G/L, A/P, A/R, AM) and CO end users, including creation, editing and maintenance of documentation. (R/3 v2.2).
- Development of Document Management Plan; including tracking database, policies, procedures and ISO 9000 requirements for the maintenance of training documentation.
- Assisting Project Leader in management of internal and external matters related to global SAP implementation.
- Accountable for all tasks related to the creation and maintenance of training materials. Also accountable for the delegation and completion of all tasks relating to training materials.
- Prepared and coached functional team members in the instruction of SAP material.
- Retrieved SAP authorization objects to assist in the development of security profiles.
- Revised methodology pertaining to the final phase of end user training program.
Environment: SAP-R/3 Version: ECC 6.0, EHP 3.
Confidential, St Louis, MO Dec 08 - May 09
SAP FICO Functional consultant
Confidential, is the world leader in developing soybased technologies and ingredients enjoyed by consumers around the world in products such as baked goods, beverages, nutrition bars, meats, vegetarian meals and much more. Since Solae\'s inception more than 50 years ago, Solae has dedicated itself to soy research and product development, providing innovative solutions to enhance the nutritional, functional and economical benefits of soy food products.
- Definedexpense accounts, revenue accounts for realized exchange rate difference, differentiated the accounts by currency, exchange rate gains, and exchange rate losses and then posted to separate accounts for the individual currencies and foreign currency valuations.
- Configured dunning program, dunning levels, dunning areas and dunning forms for each company at company code level. Configured payment terms for dunning, for over-due interest calculations, for down payments and automatic clearing of line items. Report specifications to ABAP programmers regarding report format objects of the report, technical information i.e. tables fields and then testing.
- Implemented New GL, Activated new Ledger, Performed document splitting, Parallel Accounting and periodic processing. Configured Lockbox Application conforming to BAI2 format.
- Preparation of Revenue Accounts and Assignment of GL accounts. Maintained the Budget Profiles and set the tolerance limit for the availability control
- Configured Controlling Area Settings, Number ranges, and Maintained Versions. Defining Settlement Rules and creating Selection Variants.
- Created documentation for the Fixed Assets module for the client from scratch. Worked on testing the new Fiscal Year Variant and its impact on Fixed Assets. Fixed Production support issues related to Fixed Assets.
- Involved in solving Depreciation key related issues. Built good interaction with technical people when working on Enhancements.
- Configuring all business transactions for Accounts Payable and Account Receivables including the Payment Program Configuration to generate the Payment Advice notes and to print the checks to make the payment for all Account Payable that are due, clearing of vendor and customer accounts that are due Items, Bank Master Data, House Banks for payment Program, and Credit Management.
- Creation of Tolerance groups for GR/IR clearing. Revise and delete Terms of Payment.
- Created Chart of Accounts, Asset Classes, Master Data, Valuation, Asset types, Allocations of number ranges and transfers of legacy data in Asset Management Module.
- Defined Depreciation areas, Depreciation terms, and periodic processing. Configuring Account Determinations, Depreciation Keys and Number Ranges for Asset Classes. Configuring Account Assignments for Asset Acquisitions, Retirements and Inter-company transfers.
Environment: SAP-R/3 Version: ECC 6.0, EHP 3
Confidential, San Jose, CA Apr 08 - Nov 08
SAP FICO Functional consultant
Confidential, is the global leader in providing innovative equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of advanced semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic products. Our technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world. At Applied Materials, we turn today's innovations into the industries of tomorrow.
- GL Accounting creation of GL masters, Cash journals, Sample document, Parked documents Month end provisions.
- Accounts payable-- creation of vendor master, vendor account groups, configuration for Automatic payment program, Defining Alternative reconciliation account for special GL transaction like Down payments and Automatic payment program.
- Account Receivable-- creation of customer master, customer account groups, interest calculation configuration, Dunning program for customer account and Defining Terms of payments.
- Bank accounting-- configuration of House Bank, checks management, and bank statements.
- Configuration of CO module - Organizational structure settings. Maintenance of cost center standard hierarchy, Creation of cost centers, Cost elements, statistical key figures, Internal Orders, Profit center accounting, Profitability Analysis.
- Resolve issues raised via problem tickets by the users after analyzing and discussing the issue with the core team and upon approval from them, by developing and designing solution while continuing to ensure that it meets the business requirements.
- Replicate the problem in the development client.
- Awareness issues on executing transactions. Find the solution to the particular problem. Test the solution to the testing client.
- Communicate the problem resolution to the user.
- Resolved problems pertaining to SAP transactions.
- Involved in integration issues in SAP from SD and MM modules to the FI module.
- Involved in Final Preparation (Final integration test and validation, End User Training, Quality checks)
- Provided Post Implementation Support to the operational teams.
Confidential, Austin, Texas Jan 07 - Mar 08
SAP FICO Functional consultant
Silicon Laboratories (NASDAQ: SLAB) based in Austin, Texas. Designs and develops analog-intensive, mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) for a broad range of applications. A world-class engineering team develops silicon Laboratories' diverse portfolio of highly integrated, patented solutions with unsurpassed expertise in mixed-signal technology. It's a global implementation.
- Gathering business requirements for existing business processes, identifying the non-value adding events, to follow ASAP Methodology.
- Understanding the business goals of the company & to determine the business requirements base AS-IS document.
- Based on the Business Blue Print already finalized, configured the system for FI and CO and thoroughly tested the business processes finalized.
- Company code, Business area, Document control, Fiscal year maintenance. Field status Group, Finalization of Chart of Accounts, foreign currency, Tolerance groups for GL, GL Master, Park document, Hold document Recurring entries.
- Vendor master data configuration, Tolerance group, Automatic Payment Program, Invoice, Credit memo, Check management, Down payment, Integration with MM module.
- Customer master data configuration, Terms of payment, Open item management, Dunning, Invoice, Credit memo, down payment, Interest calculation, Integration with SD module.
- Asset master data, Organization structure, Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation area and key, linking with GL Valuation Methods, Depreciation key, Depreciation Run, asset acquisition, write-off, Information system.
- Cost element group, assignment of cost elements to group, Actual postings, Information System.
- Cost center hierarchy, Actual Postings, Periodic Reposting, Distribution, Assessment, and Information System.
- Order types, Creation, Expense booking, Status management, Settlement, Planning, Actual Postings, Year-end closing, Information System.
- Creation of Profit Center, Maintain automatic account assignment of revenue element, Choose additional B/S & P & L A/C - Account groups.
- Involvement FI & Co testing with specific UAT's in development and Q & A Environment. User training and sign off. Transported Customer, Vendor and GL Master Data from legacy system in to SAP through LSMW. Upload of opening balance through Account Assignment Model.
SAP-R/3Version: ECC 5.0.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India Feb 05 - Dec 06
SAP FICO Functional consultant
Among the largest \'Vertically Integrated\' pharmaceutical companies in India. Aurobindo has robust product portfolio spread over major product areas encompassing CVS, CNS, Anti-Retroviral, Antibiotics, Gastroenterological, Anti-Diabetics and Anti-Allergic with approved manufacturing facilities by USFDA, UKMHRA, WHO, MCC-SA, ANVISA-Brazil for both APIs & Formulations and has Global presence with own infrastructure, strategic alliances, subsidiaries & joint ventures.
- Maintenance of books of accounts such as Debtors and creditors.
- Preparation of invoices and vouchers. Preparing Bank Reconciliation statements. Balances accounts payable and accounts receivable records. Assists in preparation of outstanding accounts reports.
- Maintains database (enters, updates, retrieves data, formats and generates reports).
- Customization reports and meeting the requirements of external an internal auditors.
- Preparations of age wise reports of Debtors and creditors. Reporting to Managers of Accounts and Distributions Departments.
- Preparation of performance evaluation of branch activities via month-by-month comparison; comparison of actual performance. with budget and performance measurement via-a-vis profitability, liquidity and risk asset Vs liability balances.
- Analysis of various payment conditions of vendors and working closely with vendor payment team.
- Assist in preparing back up documents, statements etc. for external auditor/ accountant.
- Daily & monthly cash flow reporting, Cash flow forecast, business and financial planning.