Junior SAP BW/BI Developer with more than 12 years of I.T. experience, which include 3 years in SAP BW/BI development. Possess growing experience in†data modeling, extraction, reporting and analysis, performance tuning, administration and SAP BW integration.
SAP BW/BI Experience
- InfoCube & DSO design
- 3.x & 7.0 InfoSources, Infosets, Hierarchies, Multiproviders
- Transformations, DTPs, InfoPackages, Update and Transfer rules
- InfoObject maintenance, PSA maintenance
- Data extraction from flat files for Master Data and Transaction Data
- Business Content extractions
- LO extractions
- Generic Extractions
- BEx Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, Web Application Designer
- Custom queries using Conditions, Exceptions, Filters, Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures
BW Performance Tuning
- Data load and report performance strategies
- Use of Aggregates, Rollups, Partitioning, Secondary Indexes and Compression
- Hierarchies, Open Hub Destination, Data load management
- Data Loading (Full /Delta Up-Load), Monitoring
Technical Skills and Modules
- Data warehousing:†SAP BW 3.5, BI 7.0
- ERP:†SAP ECC 6.0/5.0, R/2 4.6/4.6C
- Modules:†FI, MM
- Languages:†Exposure to ABAP for BW
Client: Confidential, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Role: Junior SAP BW Consultant
- Helped provide technical expertise during design, development, testing and implementation of the Inventory Cycle Count BW project-: used to evaluate stock inventory and determine why there are differences in inventory on hand and inventory stock count value in SAP R/3.
- Involved in the development of reportsusingBEx Analyzerusing filters and navigational attributes to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized format.
- End-user standard reports generated included, among others:
- Stock Overview
- Stock In Transit
- Inventory Aging
- Vendor Consignment Stock
- Consignment Stock at Customer
- Extracted and activated†0IC_C03 – Material Movements InfoCube†using Standard Business Content.
- Activation of business content according to functional requirements and extraction of data from various SAP R/3 tables:
- InfoSource 2LIS_03_BX†to transfer material stocks from SAP R/3 to SAP BW.
- InfoSource 2LIS_03_BF†to deliver data for material movements from MM Inventory Management (MM-IM).
- InfoSource 2LIS_03_UM†to deliver data for revaluations from MM Inventory Management (MM-IM).
- Business Content installation for SAP R/3 Data Transfer to SAP BW, as well as for the Set up of InfoSource/DataSource Assignments.
- Assist in gatheringand analyzing requirements from users,and involved in heavy documentationof the system -:†AS-IS & TO-BE (GAP Analysis).
- Creation ofInfoObjects, InfoSources, InfoPackages, InfoCubes, MultiProvidersto load Master and Transactional data from SAP R/3 system and flat files into the BW system usingFullandDeltaloads.
- Used Process-Chains to automate DataLoads.
- Helped with master data maintenance and carrying outattribute changes runsto ensure consistency of master data across the system.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading of datatodata targets from SAP and non-SAP sources.
- Assisted with the performance of detailed analysis to improve thePerformanceof cubes usingAggregates.
Client: Confidential, St Joseph, MI
Role: Junior SAP BI/BW Developer
- Full Life Cycle project for BI development for objects used to carry out financial analyses as specified by the client.
- Participated in requirements gathering,†data modeling, planning and scheduling data extraction from source systems, interacting with users for customized and standard reports,†gap analysis†and associated solutions.
- Involved in creating and enhancing InfoProviders, MultiProviders,†Transformations, and†DTPs.
- Learned to improve data load performance by using†parallelizing data loads,†increasing the number of DTP processes†in 7.0, pre-deleting InfoCube indexes†and utilizing†write-optimized DSO†in 7.0 dataflows where applicable.
- Improved report performance by using†InfoCube Compression,†Aggregates,†Line Item dimensions†and Database†partitioning.
- Worked with†Process-Chains†to automate the DataLoads, Rollups into Aggregates.
- Extracted and enhanced DataSources†from FI-AR, FI-AP SAP modules: Data Sources, 0FI_AP_4, etc.
- Created BEx queries used by end-users to generate Standard reports such as the following:
- Invoice Variances
- Goods Receipt Variances
- Ordering Activities
- Purchase Order Quantities
- Purchase Order Values
- Average Time Delivery Material
- Average Time Delivery Vendor
- Assisted in developing†flexible queries using Filters, Navigational Attributes, and Variables†in BEx Analyzer to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized way to give detailed level of information.
- Supported data load monitoring team and involved in production Outage and Cutover periods.
- Developed End User-Training documentation, conducted User Acceptance tests and events, trained the trainer.
- Involved in†Unit Testing†and Integration testing.
- Extensively involved in System Integration Testing (SIT),†Business acceptance Test (BAT).
- Involved in Data Load Monitoring using†RSPC, RSMO, SM37 and SM50†and Production Support issues.
Completed the following SAP BW Training Courses:
BW310 – Enterprise DataWarehousing
BW330 – BW Modeling and Implementation
BW350 – BW Data Acquisistion
BW360 – Performance Tuning
BW305 – BW Query Design and Analysis
BW306 – BW Enterprise Reporting BW Query Design and Analysis
B.Sc, Network and Communication Management†
- Network Centered Computing Professional - NIIT
- Currently studying for SAP Netweaver 2004s - Business Intelligence (BI 7.0)