is an SAP SD Consultant with 15 Years of total experience. This includes 7 years of SAP experience. In his SAP career, he was involved in both implementation and support projects. His expertise in SAP SD includes core areas like, Pricing, Tax, Rebate, Consignment Process,Third party sales order process, Credit Management, Revenue recognition, Warranty process, and Pre-sales activities. He was a core team member for a full-cycle implementation as well as handled several post implementation positions.
Managed a team of 20 sales & distribution consultants. Responsible for all sales activities order to cash and varied scope(green field )implementation, version upgrade, post-go-live enhancements, interfacing SAP with non-SAP systems, multi-site / multi-country roll out, best practices. Worked on ECC6.0& E.C.C 5.0
Comfortable with leading cross-functional, cross-platform and multi-business discussions; good at knowledge dissemination to business leaders from strategic, planning and operational perspectives, good at resolving conflicts and building consensus.
Proficiency at every stage of software project-life-cycle – consulting methodologies, project planning, hiring resources, requirement generation, process improvement, gap analysis, change management, development and testing, knowledge transfer, training and mentoring.
Comfortable working in geographically dispersed implementation teams on worldwide rollout. Have worked on global projects, where all project stages (from scoping to post go-live support) were remotely carried out through conference calls and virtual meetings.
Software Skill Set
SD Pricing: field catalog modifications, condition tables, condition types, pricing procedures, user-exits, rebates, sales promotions, deals, contracts, free goods, FI integration, complex pricing issues.
Other pertinent elements of SAP / SD – organizational hierarchies, customer master and other master data elements, output determination, Internal data conversion, Data migration, ALE IDOCS working knowledge of ABAP & Queries, SAP CRM 07 knowledge and trained in Sales, Marketing and Service modules and Ecommerce
Business partner configuration and Master data configuration, warranty process I base configuration etc.,
Planning and carrying out unit / functional / regression / performance / cross-platform / user tests.
Familiar with other tools such as: ASAP, MS Visio, MS Office
Chronological Summary of Experience
Duration : Sep2008 to present date
Software : ECC 6.0
Role : SAP SD & Warranty consultant
- Core team member Phase 2 for NAAG, C&F,C&CE DIVISIONS
- Rich experience in configuration, development and testing activities in SAP SD customer service module
- Identified opportunities to improve system functionality and business process Participated in requirement gatherings and written and presented functional specifications to SME\'s
- Leverage defined master data load processes and responsible for data conversion(Internal and external) master data loads in test and production environments
- Defined test conditions, test scripts, master data and coordinated unit and integration testing.
- Proficient in Solution Manager- uploading project documents-functional specifications
- Used Solution manager for creating and editing and closing project issues.
- Worked on issues and resolved to implement solutions to requests submitted by business users
- Worked on SAP Service management in the areas of - Ibase configuration and I base interface.
- Warranty management- warranty assignment
- Working knowledge of ALE/ IDoc Processing, LSMW, creating background jobs.
- Worked On Master data management – responsible for consumer loads
- Used LSMW to load consumers and registrations
- Ability to act independently and under very general direction, to define, lead, implement, and document SAP system changes in support of business process solutions
- Responsible for product registration part of warranty
- Solved many previous issues related to customers(CKC DEERE)
- Responsible for data migration, data mapping and data loads for registrations& consumers
- Assign master warranties to equipments
- Solved many Idoc related issues
- Designed, built and deployed I base interface outbound and inbound
- Designed, built and deployed extended warranty interface outbound and inbound
- Designed ,built and deployed multiple product registrations in dealer portal
- Designed ,built and deployed saving registrations if PIN not recognized in SAP
- Designed ,built and deployed product “UNDO registrations in SAP
- Designed , built and deployed adding fields to Dealer portal for product registrations
Duration : Sep2007 to Aug2008
Software : ECC 5.0
Role : SD Functional Consultant
The Major objectives of GM Warranty implementation is as follows.
- Appropriately pay and administer warranty transactions
- Streamline the warranty claims administration process
- Be scalable and adaptable to regional markets
- Improve dealer and customer satisfaction by sending warranty information straight to GM Quality & Reliability Engineers for action
- Support rapid and continuous product improvement
- Involved in custom developed SAP program for parts return program
- Designed functional specification for parts return program
- Mapped sap13 ztables of parts returns to tool kit
- Proficient in Solution Manager- uploaded functional specs and created issues
- Responsible for data migration , data load of customers and vehicles
- Enable GM and Dealer Warranty Administrators to collaborate more efficiently using a single source of accurate information
- Worked on Master data management- responsible for customer and vehicle loads.
- Resolve Remedy ticket resolutions
- Resolved many inbound and out bound idoc issues
- Co-ordinate the Warranty Management offshore team in resolving tickets
- attend daily ticket meetings to affectively resolve issues
- Also represented sustain team with business & development team meetings at the time of new release. Supported developing Roadmaps, Project administration, Business blueprint and Testing
- Tools used: Mercury test directory, Remedy for issues and tickets , Assign and Monitor Remedy tickets and CR’s to GWM team
- Prepare weekly Dash board with ticket updates to present the same to client
- Generate and monitor Daily ticket report from Remedy and assign new tickets to relevant groups
- Adhering to SLA\'S agreed upon with client in terms ofboth time and quality while resolving issues/incidents.
- Interact with the users and Client team members in resolving Client specific transactional &configuration related issues
- Co- ordinate Tivoli schedule with HP& GIF Team in creating and running production jobs
- Solved many EDI related issues
- Solved many tax ,Pricing related issues
- Create Change request and upload in ASCENDENT for approvals for issues/remedy incidents where there is configuration change involved and co coordinating with SME\'S and configuration team for getting timely approvals and to complete testing in various systems.
- Re assign warranty for vehicles
- Process warranty claims from non conclusive status.
- Reject claims which are duplicate and non eligible.
Duration : Jan2007 - Aug 2007.
Software : SAP R/3 4.7
Role : Team lead
Client is fully integrated broad based- Entertainment Company is a global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses.
Actively involved in Warner brothers IS Media Vanguard project implementation
Implemented IS Media sales and distribution module
Customized media orders and media issues, media product family.
Involved in developing Roadmaps, , Business blueprint and Testing
Configured Variant configuration as per client requirement.
Tools used: SAP Solution Manager, Mercury test directory, Remedy for issues and tickets ,e room for creating change requests and project documents
Reviewed and redefined business process flows with the end users.
Worked on the Order to Cash business process spanning Order Management, Sales Documents, Item Categories, Schedule Line Categories, Pricing, Credit Management, Bills of Materials (BOM), Billing, Variant Configuration, Output determination.
Managed, configured, and tested the sales and distribution modules.
Managed and assisted in the approach, scoping, planning, design, configuration, and testing of all products.
Documented all configuration changes to the system in the implementation guide.
Participated in all aspects of the integration of sales and distribution, purchasing, inventory, invoice verification.
Provided Post Production Support for SD/MM and general SAP/R3 assistance.
Assisted in additional training to clerical and support staff related to SD/MM front end.
Assign and Monitor Remedy tickets and CR\'s to OTC team
Worked on issues related to FI and revenue recognition and tax issues
Prepare weekly Dash board with ticket updates to present the same to client
Take charge of Project Management in absence of P.M.
Generate and monitor Daily ticket report from Remedy and assign new tickets to relevant groups
Adhering to SLA\'S agreed upon with client in terms of both time and quality while resolving issues/incidents.
Interact with the users and Client team members in resolving Client specific transactional &configuration related issues
Process and analyze IDOC errors
Duration : April2006– Dec2006
Software : SAP R/3 ECC 5.0
Industry : Confidential,
Role : Implementation& production support team Lead order to cash
Employer : Deloitte consulting (INDIA) PVT.LTD
- Played a major role in Guiding SD Team in- Unit test Scenario preparation, Integration testing, User testing and documentation.
- Configured various output types and various output determining procedures.
- Worked on third party sales and shipping
- Post implementation support and trouble shooting, follow-up on initial user problems and
- resolving them by making required changes
- Worked with SAP Implementation team and business users coordinated to the implementation team & business user and able to communicate business requirements for sales and distribution module processes effectively
- integration knowledge with Finance& Controlling, Procurement and Manufacturing area
- Lead a team of 5 sd team
- Tools used: Peregrine for issues and Ticket management. TMP3 client transport management. Same time for client communication
- Interact with the user for functional clarifications.
- Interact with the users and Subject matter experts(SME)and resolving Client specific transactional &configuration related issues while resolving tickets
- Process inbound IDOC\'S
- Process YT35- Edit status of deliveries this is a part TM/3 application
- Creating and processing CMT\'s for issues/tickets raised, where there is configuration change involved and co coordinating with SME\'S and configuration team for getting timely approvals and to complete testing in various systems.
Duration : Jan 2006 –March3006
Project: Sap SD Post Production Support
Software : SAP R/3 4.7
Role : Order to cash production support team member
Employer : Deloitte consulting (INDIA) PVT.LTD
Client is the U S based multinationalhaving plants and offices across the world
Exploring the frontiers of technology – pushing beyond conventional boundaries to create products once thought impossible. Imagination is information racing at the speed of light through electronic devices, microscopic light-reflecting polymers protecting skin from harmful solar rays, and adhesives helping buildings stand firm above violently shaking earthquake ground
- Provided functional support in the areas OTCof Sales and Distribution and MM
- for the Client users in America, EU, Asia Pacific and Australia.
- Tools used: Lotus notes for offshore issues and Ticket management.
- Same time for client communication
- Resolved Account receivable(AR) issues
- Handled various maintenance issues in SD, MM &FI
Duration : 9months From May 2005 to Dec 2005
Software : SAP R/3 4.6C.
Role: Logistics consultant & Post implementation Support Project Lead
Client is one of the largest Indian integrated manufacturers of a wide range of display devices like Color and B&W TV picture tubes, tubes for avionics, medical. The Company has a market share of over 40% in the domestic market and is supplying picture tubes to all the major domestic TV manufacturers including multinationals. Client is having 2 company codes 6 Sales organizations and 3 distribution channels, 10 divisions and nine world-class factories and a turnover of approximately US $ 340 million per annum.
Involved in every stage of Implementation in the project
Lead the sd team of 5
- Rebate processing
- Sales documents
- Developing new pricing conditions and Procedures
- Account determination
- Credit memo
- Value contracts
- Quantity contracts
- Batch Determination
- Credit Management
- Account Receivables
- Training the end users for better productivity.
- .Taken care of Helpdesk, solved post implementation issues.
Duration : 9 months. From Aug 2004 to April 2005
Software : SAP R/3 4.0b &4.6c
Role: SAP SD team member for Implementation in North America and Mexico
The client is a US based company operating in 25 countries in 6 continents. Visteon specializes in providing integrated systems solutions to automotive manufacturers worldwide including vehicle systems such as electronics, climate and interiors.
Other business areas include global aftermarket operations, which specializes in the automotive aftermarket, and Float Glass, which supplies architectural glass to builders, powertrain, chassis and exteriors. Client was spun-off from Ford Motor Company in 2000. As an independent company, is doing business with all of the world\'s major automotive manufacturers. Client insisted onimplementing latest version of SAP.4.7 version world wide through phased manner
- Involved in developing functional specifications and fields identification required for implementation by interacting with US Core team and offshore team members. Regarding various SD requirements.
- Configured the following
- Material determination
- Account group
- value contracts, quantity contracts
- Rebate agreements
- Pricing Procedures.
- Account Determination
- Sales documents
- Interface with other systems in the areas of Sales and Distribution Module
Duration : 30 Months from Feb2002 to August 2004
Software : SAP R/3 :3.1G in MM, SD, FI, using ASAP methodology.
Role: SD Consultant; Implementation and support project
As a consultant of SD module under took the AS-IS study, designed the TO-BE process, conceived the conceptual design, presented the prototype, and completed the detail design, User training, documented the business and technical scripts
- Involved in the following areas of SD implementation
- Pricing – Created access sequences, condition types and pricing procedures.
- Configuration of various Sales documents types such as Order type, delivery type and Billing types.
- Custom SD Document Types / Item Categories
- Custom Pricing Procedures.
- Configuration of rebate agreements.
Designation: Manager Liaison & Administration
Duration: September 1999 to Jan 2002
• The job involves project management liaison with collaborators Dopplemayr Austria the world’s highest number of Ropeway Builders & APTDC (A Govt of A.P Enterprise).
• Major work involves getting project approvals from Forest Department, AP Secretariat, and District Collector & MRO.
• Overall administration of Branch office at Hyderabad.
Designation: Sales Manager
Duration: Dec 1997–Aug 1999
Overall responsible in running the company in profits, introduce new products
Designation: Sales Executive
Duration: June 1995–July 1997
The job involves promoting company products to 3 star and 5star hotels in Bahrain
- Report Competitor Activities to management
- Design and develop sales Promotions, Schemes and products to counter the same
Employer : Confidential,Hyderabad
Designation: Office Superintendent
Duration: Oct 1992–May 1995
- Overall Responsible for Region-II sales, Logistics Execution,
- Collections of Account receivables,
- Coordinate with production Dept Regarding Indent and Production forecasting.
- Prepare work segment every fortnight and Reconcile sales and stock
Designation: Sales Supervisor.
Duration: Feb 88 – Oct 92
- Identify prospective dealers for company product and develop dealer network Successfully launched “Frooti “brand mango soft drink in coastal districts of AP
- Achievement: Drawn highest sales incentives in branch level
Designation: Sales Representative
Duration: June 86 - Feb 88
Responsible for appointing distributors
Successfully launch company products and improve sales in the given area