Summary of Experience
- Over 21 years of IT experience, including 17 years as SAP BASIS Administrator in development and production environments.
- Worked as SAP BASIS Lead for a diversified team spread in different geographic locations. Was involved in capacity planning, resource management and providing overall technical/architecture guidance.
- Performed upgrade of SAP 4.7x200 to ECC6, Oracle upgrade from 184.108.40.206 to 10.2.2 to 11g, service pack and sap kernel upgrades.
- Installed PI/XI 7 and integrated it with ECC 6
- Supported SAP BW , APO, HCM ,SAP Solution Manager
- Supported SAP in several different environments. Performed OS and Database migrations.
- Extensive experience with providing Oracle RDBMS, Sqlserver, SAPDB support.
- Provided 24x7 production support in large and complex environments.
- Installed, configured and supported SAP Business Objects, crystal reports
- Expert Oracle DBA (10g , 9i) , experience with Sqlserver and SAP DB.
- Supported SAP APO Live Cache db.
- Advanced performance fine tuning and capacity planning efforts for new and existing systems. Involved in 3 full system lifecycle implementations.
- Created and implemented backup and restore strategies.
- Was involved in archiving project using IXOS and PBS.
- Designed, implemented and tested High Availability (Enqueue Failover, Oracle RAC, standby databases, HP service Guard)
- Implemented and tested disaster recovery procedures.
- Well versed with UNIX Administration.
- Worked as Project Manager / Team lead.
Application Software : SAP Netweaver 2004 & 2005, ECC 6 (ABAP & JAVA Stack), SAP HCM with E-Recruiting (Enhancement Pack 4) , SAP 4.7x200, SAP BW,
SAP WAS 7, SAP BI, SAP PI/ XI 7, SAP APO, BusinessObjects/ Crystal Reports, SAP Solution Manager SAP Archiving, IXOS, PBS.
Operating Systems & DB : UNIX (HP-UX,AIX, SUN OS), Linux, Windows , VMware, Oracle 11g,10g,9i , SqlServer, SAPDB, Oracle RAC.
SAP Architect Worked on blade technology, configured and maintained virtual servers using Hyper-V. Installed and configured Windows 8 r2and sqlserver 2008. Installed and performed basic setup of Solution Manager 7.1 Installed 2 instances of SAP Netweaver 7 (ABAP + JAVA). Installed DEV & QAS instances of ECC 6 EHP2. Configured TMS layer between DEV & QAS.
Lead SAP BASIS Consultant
Provided 24X7 production and development support of large mission critical SAP implementations with federal compliance. Supported several different customers including Cliffstar, NY / Rich Foods NY / Gate Inc. Supported SAP R/3 4.7x200, SAP BW, SAP APO, SAP ECC 6 (sqlserver). Performed SAP upgrade from 4.7x200 to ECC6. Created procedures for monitoring and trouble shooting. Involved in capacity planning, landscape design and client strategy. Provided overall infrastructure support in multi SAP landscape environment Installed Solution manager and configured alerts for monitoring.
Installed SAP PI / XI and integrated it with SAP R/3 4.7x200 Optimized work load distribution over application servers, created logon groups. Performed kernel upgrade. Involved in SAP archiving project using IXOS/ PBS.
Supported oracle 10g databases in RAC environment. Implemented SAP system refresh using different methodologies. Performed Client copy and client export / import. Implemented RMAN backups. Performed recoveries and restores. Design, develop, and implement automated data backup and restoration procedures. Provided technical support for database maintenance and disaster recovery.
Provided assistance with SAP security. Performance tuning at SAP and database levels. Optimized JVM parameters using config / admin tools for Web interface. Optimized SAP profile parameters, oracle init.ora parameters and LiveCache parameters. Segregated batch jobs and grouped them to run efficiently. Created indexes as per the requirement and implemented process for keeping DB stats current.
Provided support to end users and business analysts. Applied OSS Notes. Created Transport management strategy. Configured and managed TMS. Responsible for importing production transports and adhering to the change management procedures. Configured new printers and provided spool administration. Provided support to SAP BW and APO systems.
Lead SAP BASIS Administrator / DBA
Responsible for strategic resource and capacity planning. Performed SAP Installations, upgrades and hardware migration. Created Client strategy and landscape design. Implemented SAP system refresh using system copy. Performed capacity planning and growth estimation. Performed Client copies. Supported ALE process and its impact on the system. Performed service pack and kernel upgrade.. Performance tuning at SAP and database level. Configured TMS and created transport management procedures. Performed production transports. Implemented several OSS Notes. Provided Oracle DBA Support. Provided support to end users and business analysts. Design, develop, and implement automated data backup and restoration procedures. Configured new printers and provided spool administration. Provided technical support for database maintenance and disaster recovery. Implemented logon load balancing.
Implemented HA Solutions.
Participated in a project for DATA Archiving.
Implemented CA unicenter for monitoring and job scheduling.
Sr SAP BASIS Administrator
Performed SAP Installations. Involved in landscape design and client strategy. Implemented SAP system refresh using system copy. Performed Client copies. Performed service pack upgrades. Performance tuning at SAP and database level. Configured CTS and created transport management procedures. Performed production transports. Implemented several OSS Notes. Provided Oracle DBA Support. Provided support to end users and business analysts.
Confidential, Denver, CO
SAP BASIS Administrator / Oracle DBA
Performed SAP Installations. Involved in landscape design and client strategy.Implemented SAP system refresh using system copy and client export / import. Performed Client copies.Performed support pack upgrades.Performance tuning at SAP and database level. Configured CTS and created transport management procedures.Performed production transports. Implemented several OSS Notes.Provided Oracle DBA Support.
Performed kernel upgrade.
Provided Application support for banks (Citi bank, Indian banks) and other institutions.
C, Pro C, SQL, sql*forms Programming for various banking Applications.
Supported mission critical banking Application. Provided general DBA and
Systems administration support.
Trainings : Several courses and certifications on Oracle & SAP.
Research Associate atConfidential Kanpur: Software for weather forecasting.
Education : M.S. (Computer Science & Applications), Confidential, India