- Have more than 14 years of SAP software experience in the SAP FICO area and been involved in more than 8 full life cycle (including global) implementations and upgrades.
- Worked in various roles such as Team Lead, Solution Architect and Solution Consultant. SAP implementation experience spans across several industries including Utility, High Tech and Manufacturing.
- Have attended both SAP and non - SAP courses and seminars. Additional non-SAP experience spans across the finance, accounting and costing disciplines.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Possess strong research and analytical capabilities.
SAP FICO Consultant
- Implemented DART (Data Retention Tool) to aid SAP users in meeting legal data retention requirements for tax audit purposes
- Implemented SAP's Lockbox functionality
- Implemented Plants Abroad functionality and enabled Intrastat reporting for a German entity having plants in other European nations
- Involved in various bank conversion projects
- Worked on several production support issues
Senior FICO Consultant/Manager
- Participated in the full life cycle Brasil implementation involving the SAP R/3 modules MM, IMWM, PP, FICO, SD and BI. The SAP FICO module included New General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, FSCM, Accounts Payable, Cost and Profit Center Accounting, Product Costing, Material Ledger, COPA, Internal Orders and Data Conversion Activities.
- Data Conversion Activities - This involved working with the business in data cleansing activities, including de-duplication of master data. Converted GL Account, Customers, Vendors, Cost Centers and Profit Centers Master Data and AR and AP Open Items and GL Balances from legacy systems to SAP. Data loaded was reconciled with the legacy system extracts and within SAP to ensure all data was accurately loaded.
- Involved in cross module discussions with the SD, MM and IMWM consultants.
- Wrote detailed RICEFW functional specs and interacted with the technical team in the functional spec review, development and testing of the RICEFW objects.
- Involved in functional unit testing and end to end integration testing. Test scripts were loaded in Confidential and updated with the test results. Defects found during testing were created and tracked in Confidential . Daily meeting held to discuss the status on the defects and their resolution. Confidential defects updated and closed, when resolved.
- Participated in the cutover and go-live activities and provided post go-live support
- Involved in supporting other clients and pre-sales initiatives
SAP FICO Team Lead and Solution Architect
- Managed and led a team of FICO onsite resources in the FI-GL, FI-CO, FI-TR (Treasury) and FI-PS (Project Systems) and their FI counterparts at offshore.
- Interacted with the Client, Confidential, E&Y and SAP Senior Leadership on a regular basis. All partners are involved in and working onsite on the project delivery as per E&Y Back Office Global Delivery Methodology
- Attended weekly meetings with the client and Confidential Leadership, providing regular updates
- Motivated the team and ensured that Project Milestones were met, across all project phases
- Interacted with fellow leads in SCM, NUB (Non Utility Billing), HR, Netweaver, BI and BPC on cross-module integration and the PMO Team
- Worked closely with the BPC and BI/BW Teams in understanding their requirements for Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (PBF) and Consolidation and their SAP ECC 6.0 data extraction needs
- Managed client expectations and scope creep
- Held weekly meetings with the onsite and offshore FI Teams
- Attended Hub Sessions wherein client’s as is and to be business processes were discussed
- Mapped the client requirements to SAP business processes
- Data Conversion Activities - Involved in data cleansing and de-duping of master data. Converted master data (GL Account, Customers, Vendors, Cost and Profit Centers) and transactional data (AR, AP Open Items and GL Balances) from legacy systems to SAP. Executed standard SAP reports to reconcile the data uploaded in SAP to the data extracted from the legacy systems
- Involved in SAP Unit Test and Integration Test using the Test Scripts uploaded in Confidential . Defects tracked and resolved in Confidential with regular status updates
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
SAP FICO Enterprise Solutions Specialist
- Involved in detailed discussions with the Corporate/Regional Finance team in gathering requirements, managing scope and setting realistic expectations of deliverables
- Configured the FICO module and the integration points between FICO and the SD, PU, IMWM and PP modules, for roll out to other countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Configured AR, AP, GL, AA, CO-CCA, CO-PCA and Internal Orders. This includes configuring the chart of depreciation to meet the country specific management and statutory requirements, depreciation keys, payment run, credit control area, validations and substitutions, tax codes, account assignments, ERS, dunning run etc.
- Involved in FICO data conversion activities. This included cleaning up of and converting customer and vendor master data (including bank master data details), finance and costing views of the material master, fixed assets master data, converting AR and AP open items, fixed asset values as of the transfer date (mid-year and year end) and GRIR open items conversion (dummy PO’s and goods receipts) and participated in PO conversion activities.
- Involved in go-live activities and provided post go-live support.
- SAP FICO Team that served as the highest point of escalation for issues worldwide.
- Interacted with users in America, Europe and Asia, across different time zones.
- Served as the FI resource in the Supply Value Chain. Involved in logistics discussions with analysts in the SD, PU and IMWM modules.
- Worked with STO (SA)’s (Stock Transport Orders) on supply chain models aimed at optimizing the flow of materials from the vendor to the manufacturing sites. This helped reduce inefficiencies in the supply chain process and enabled the company negotiate the best price possible from the vendors by consolidating the order flow across all manufacturing sites globally through one single site (inter-company sale). This included configuring the org structure, setting up of and testing inter-company transactions, reporting, go-live and post go-live support
- Wrote detailed functional specs for various reports to be created in R/3 and BW.
- Interacted with the BI/BW teams in discussing the report specifics, obtaining estimates, testing and reporting bugs across the BWD and BWS clients.
- Interacted with the EDI team in creating partner profiles and idoc generation for incoming and outgoing invoices (including ERS), subsequent debits and credits, remittance advice and payment run, among others.
- Assisted with the ECC 6.0 technical upgrade
- Involved in year-end closing procedures.
- Worked on various CMR’s (Change Management Requests)
Confidential, Foster City, CA
SAP FICO Systems Analyst
- FICO resource on projects that involved integrating new acquisitions onto SAP.
- Project Manager and lead FI/CO Analyst on bringing the India office on SAP
- Configured sensitive fields functionality
- Provided steady state support in the GL, AR (including Credit Management), AP, FA (internal and tax books), Tax and CCA areas, including system configuration to meet new requirements
- Involvement in year-end closing activities
- Supported the European users on SAP
- Participated in the SAP Upgrade Projects
- Involved in the SAP SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance and Segregation of Duties (SOD) projects
Confidential, Durham, NC
Senior FICO Consultant
- Helped the client define its business processes and determined the FI and CO module requirements as they related to the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting and Internal Orders.
- Configured the GL, AP, AR, CEA and CCA to meet the specifications of the client’s business
- Integration between MM, SD and FICO
- Prepared integration test scripts, training documentation and participated in end-user training
- Go-live activities and post-implementation support
- Provided extended SAP FI/CO support to several clients remotely on an on-going basis after go-live.
- Configured General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accountings Receivable, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting and Internal Orders
- Go-live and post go-live support
- Performed audit procedures to determine the reasonableness of the client’s financial statements.
- Was involved in the audits of various companies in diverse industries, including insurance, healthcare, and entrepreneurial companies with revenues exceeding $200 M.