- Certified SAP FICO functional consultant Over 10 years of experience as SAP R/3 FI/CO consultant
- Expertise in configuration and customization of FI (GL, A/P, A/R, AA,SPL)
- Strong working knowledge in Controlling (CCA, OM, IO, PCA, PC) and B/W modules.
- Extensive experience Two Full life cycle large implementations in SAP Configuration.
- 2 global complete implementation lifecycles and 2 small scale implementation lifecycles
- SAP Controlling (SAP - CO), Cost Centre Accounting (CCA), Profit Centre Accounting (PCA), Internal Orders (IO), Product Costing (CO-PC, Make to stock / Make to Order including variant configuration), Material Ledger with Actual costing, Activity Based Costing
- Profitability Analysis (COPA)
- SAP Finance (SAP-FI): General Ledger with New GL, Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), Asset Management, Special Purpose Ledger, Cash & Bank Management
- Integration - Integration with Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, PM, PP, HR (including Payroll)
- Full life cycle implementations ; Roll Out projects with Global Template ; Upgrade (from 4.0B to ECC 6.0) ; Support projects
- Strong Post Implementation support 24/7
- Excellent communication and inter personnel skills. Proven ability to work independently and team environments.
ERP: SAP R/3 FI/CO, 3.0F, 4.6,4.7,ECC 6.0, BW 3.1
Operating systems: Unix, Sun Solaris, Window 95/98/XP, Server 2000/2003
RDBMS: Oracle 184.108.40.206 / 220.127.116.11/ 10.0.2.1, MS-SQL Server, MS Access 2000.Tools & Utilities: Developer 2000, ASP, V B Script, MS Project Management
SAP: R/3 Tools SAP-FICO,SAP-SD,SAP-MM,ABAP/4, Report Painter and Report Writer
Software Languages: SQL, PL/SQL JAVA, Visual Basic 6.0
SAP FICO Consultant
- Ticket resolution and answering how-to questions
- Responsible for detailed problem determination of issues escalated from Level-1.
- Problem determination includes re-creating the issues, determining the point of failure by stepping through the ABAP Code and identifying the problem resolution.
- If the resolution is a major development or configuration fix, provide the necessary change detail to Level 3.
- To have the deepest level of application or product understanding.
- Able to understand both the standard application features (i.e. out of the box functionality) as well as the detailed components of the customized features.
- Responsible for making changes, migrating them, completing the ticket and communicating the change to the level 2 support person, who can then resolve and close the call.
- Determine problems found by the proactive application monitoring being done on a regular basis by the level 2 support person. Therefore, the level 3 person may also have to apply patches, complete performance tuning, re-create tables or indices, etc.
- Co-ordination of problem tickets with offshore resources (functional as well as technical) to ensure that the tickets are resolved within the stipulated SLAs.
- Ensuring that offshore team resources are properly loaded, help them in solving tickets where required and ascertain that the tickets are resolved well within the stipulated SLA timelines set.
Senior SAP FICO
- SAP FI CO Consultant for Pre and Post Go live and stabilization phase
- Preparing the config rationales for FI and CO and validating the configuration
- Reconciliation of COPA,FI and PCA reports
- Substitutions for Profit center derivations
- Developing the SOP and BPP
- Month end closing activities
- End user training
- Business Signoff for the development changes
- Analyzed the existing legacy system; gathered functional requirements through user meetings, gap analysis, and participation in process improvement teams; produced the functional requirements document
- Designing business processes and identified areas to streamline processes in multiple functional areas. The scope of the work and responsibilities involved relating to SAP - Finance (FI)) and controlling (CO) modules
- Optimized integration of business process within FI, TR, CO, MM, SD, and PS modules.
- Developed complex business design for all FI/TR/CO process incorporating gaps, interfaces, reports, enhancements and data conversions from the legacy system
- Customized screen layouts for document entry at account/document levels. Defined fiscal year variant, posting period variant, customized field status variant, customized line layout, sort variant, and total variant
- Involved in designing the tax solution for the client involving 16 European countries and 3 North American countries
- Defining the Tax procedures and integrating it with the accounting system. The scenarios covers INTRASTAT / EXTRASTAT processes, triangulation, inter / intra-EU business transactions, US tax jurisdictions that involves integration with external tax computing systems(Taxware)
- Configured and customized validations and substitution rules for documents, recurring entries, correspondence, taxes, and currencies
- Configured interest calculation on account balances and line items
- Customized bank related accounting, bank master data, house banks and G/L accounts in different currencies for each bank account and Electronic Bank Statement(EBS)
- Configured Lockbox Application conforming to BAI2 format
- Configured and Customized Cash Management including Bank statements, Payment Programming, Payment Advises, Liquidity Forecasts, Bills of Exchanges
- Configured and Customized Cash Budget Management including commitment management
- Configured and customized Asset Accounting Module - Copied country specific chart of Depreciation and configured depreciation areas, defined assets classes, account determinations, screen layout key, allocate number ranges to assets classes, Down Payment configuration for Assets, and uploading of assets from Oracle Financials (Legacy) to SAP
- Defining the classes of assets, capitalization procedures and depreciation calculations. The actual procurement of assets, inter / intra-company transfer of assets, asset retirements, asset shutdowns and asset capitalizations are also designed to include all the possible business scenarios. The accounting and legal aspect of the asset management is also in-built while designing the system
- Created work list for different user groups, Used LSMW for master data transfers, created reports using the report writer and report painter in CO-PA, Helped in month end and year closing activities
- Configured for vendors subject to withholding tax, interest calculations on item \ balance interest calculation, number ranges for forms, interest on arrears, account balance calculation on account balances / line items
- Defined expense accounts, revenue accounts for realized exchange rate difference, differentiated the accounts by currency, exchange rate gains, exchange rate losses and then posted to separate accounts for the individual currencies and foreign currency valuations
- Created and defined credit control areas to company code including pre-defined credit limits for customers
- Configured dunning program, dunning levels, dunning areas and dunning forms for each company at company code level. Configured payment terms for dunning, for over-due interest calculations, for down payments and automatic clearing of line items. Report specifications to ABAP programmers regarding report format objects of the report, technical information i.e. tables fields and then testing
- Involved in the basic implementation and development of Blue Prints for the entire project lifecycle related to MM module covering the full “Procure to Pay” business process.
- Transaction Data Configuration & Processing Invoice Verification (MIRO - LIV): Maintained Invoice Receipt Tolerance Limits, Reductions in invoice, credit memos and Evaluated receipt settlements (ERS).
- Configured and customized integration links between FI/CO/SD/MM/PP to optimize transaction processing
- Developed a training plan and communicated with the client team on a regular basis to ensure successful execution of the plan
- Configuring and Customizing Primary and Secondary Cost Element in Cost Element Accounting, Creation Cost Centers in Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profitability Analysis and Profit Center Accounting sub-modules
- Maintained Controlling area settings and made hierarchy and other assignments
- In Cost Element Accounting created Primary and secondary Cost elements, created Cost Element Groups, Configured the reconciliation ledgers
- In Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) created the cost centers and maintained the Standard hierarchy, assigned cost centers to cost elements. Configured Activities, Statistical Key Figures
- Developed cost sheet, cycles, segments for cost center distributions and assessment to allocate manufacturing overhead cost to cost objects. Configured settlements, cost splits for Activity Price calculations. Setup internal orders and cost collector configuration
- Customized order classification establishing a sophisticated system of order settlements and cost center assessment cycles. Set-up planning profile for cost center, activities, statistical key figures and cost element planning
- In Internal Orders configured various internal order types, setup status profile for order type, maintained settlement rules, internal order planning, and budget profile and also set up tolerances for budget cost. defined the settlement rules, and used internal order with AUC /Capital investment projects,
- In Profit Center Accounting maintained the basic setting, created hierarchy, dummy profit centers, Profit center master data, profit center groups, activity types, etc and extracted reports using PCA