- Overall 10+ years of experience out of which 8 years in SAP BW 3.5/BI 7.0/BI 7.3 / SAP HANA/
- Involved extensively in implementation and support projects for Supply Chain modules (SD, MM, Real State and APO) and FI in SAP BI/BW.
- Expertise in SAP BW/BI architecture, back end data modeling and front - end development using BEx query designer and BEx analyzer.
- Analyzed the business requirements and translated into dimensional data models by using extended star schema techniques.
- Extensively involved in the LO data extraction, Generic (View, FM, Info set Query) and non-SAP data into SAP BW server.
- Strong experience in working (Design, code, test) with Custom Extraction (using function modules and Views).
- Experience in enhancing the Business content based on requirements.
- Experience with BI/BW components including data source, DSO’s, Info Cube, Multiprovider, transformations, DTP’s, Info sources, BI content.
- Performed data load management, experience in scheduling start process and process chains of Events, data source enhancement, OLTP extraction data, loading (full/delta up-load), monitoring, data mart and open hub service.
- Expertise in BW performance tuning by maintaining aggregates, compression, partition, process chains, indexing of info cubes and use of statistics for the same. Extensively used variety of techniques to boost the performance of BEx query.
- Developed flexible queries using filters, navigational attributes, variables, in BEx designer to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized way to give details level of information.
- Customized the postproduction data model and generated Adhoc queries as per the specifications.
- Coordinated integration testing with process teams to validate data and seek end user acceptance.
- Efficiently managed teams of various sizes and worked with the team to achieve company and client’s goals.
- Understanding of Order To Cash (OTC) life cycle and backend tables.
- Hands on experience on SAP HANA data modeling. Worked on attribute view, analytical view and calculation view both graphical and script based.
- Hands on experience on lumira dashboard.
ERP Packages: SAP Net Weaver 2004s, SAP R/3 4.6,4.7, ECC 6.0
SAP: SAP BI 7.0, BI7.3, BW 3.5, SAP HANA
Reporting Tools: BEx Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, Workbooks, Web Application Designer, Visual Composer, WEBI, Lumira Dashboard
Functional Module: Logistics (SD, MM), APO, FI (AP, AR, GL), SRM
Languages/Scripts: ABAP/4, PL/SQL, Confidential, Confidential ++, Java, JSP, HTML, DHTML, XML
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, Windows 2000/2003 Server
Senior SAP BW ABAP consultant, Santa Clara
- Support production sync up issue
- FM to update existing DSO field using dynamic Internal table
- SRM data (objects) was replaced by Ariba data.
- Involved in design of BW data model end to end
- Developed BW object such as flat file data source, dso, process chain.
- Written start routine, end routine and field routine.
- Worked on open hub destination
- Create data source in ECC and related BW objects DSO
- Written FM to Display Data Flow similar functionality as SAP.
- Created Lumira Dashboard on BW DSO and published using BOBJ.
HANA Developer and Production Support, San Jose
- Developed Attribute views, Analytical Views, Calculation views (both Graphical and SQL Script based) to meet the requirement.
- Created procedure to transform data of analytical or calculation view before loading to target.
- Involved in design discussion.
- Involved in scope for incremental load.
- Enhanced existing Information View (Analytical, Calculation Views) and tables.
- Enhanced existing scripted calculation view as per the new requirement.
- Worked on various incident case created by the user.
- Performed analysis of HANA tables to source tables by backtracking the flow.
- Support HANA Production for data discrepancy.
- Monitor data load job using $U
- Data validation
Environment: SAP HANA 1.00.85, $U, Informatica.
SAP BW BO HANA Consultant, Pittsburgh, PA
- Identified the GAP and provided analysis in functional specifications and created the Technical Design specifications document.
- Translate functional specifications into technical specifications and ensure a comprehensive data warehouse design with business on planning, prioritizing, requirement gathering.
- Migrated SAP BW 3.5 data flow to 7.3 data flow and follow up with cut-over activities in production.
- Design complex customs BW solutions translating complex requirements in an optimal BW design
- Responsible for delivering the data model design for Purchasing and FI reports with respect to old EDW Informatica design.
- Experience working with BW data extraction from ECC.
- Build and activate BW 7.4 Administrator workbench objects such as Info Objects, Info Sources/Data Sources, ODS, Info Cubes, Master Data, Transformations, Update Rules, Extractors(Custom & standard), Info sets, MultiProvider and Process Chains.
- Worked on mixed models with BW on HANA using Attribute Views, Analytic Views and Calculation Views.
- Provided the design and developed the data models for Logistics modules (SD, MM and Purchasing), FI-CO & FI-TV as per the functional specifications in BW 7.4 and HANA.
- Experience in improving query performance using composite provider in BW 7.4.
- Analyzed and optimized the performance of extractors in production by modifying ABAP function modules.
- Written BW ABAP logic for FM based generic extractors, field routines, start routines, end routines and CMOD user exit code to support business needs.
- Analyzed the informatica data models to deliver the old EDW data model into SAP BW on HANA.
- Involved in production support and resolved notifications with high priority.
- Implemented OSS notes to resolve the extraction issues.
- Worked on SAP BO Webi reports, Design Studio.
Environment: BI 3.5 / 7.4, ECC 6.0, ABAP/4, Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, HANA SP08
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
SAP BI/BW Project Lead
- Played the role of Project Lead in the core BW team for Procter & Gamble.
- Worked closely with Business owners, stakeholders to create user requirement specification, functional and technical design documents.
- Analyzed business requirements, performed gap analysis with respect to the data model needs and available SAP business content.
- Project status monitoring and reporting to the client
- Designed and developed the end-to-end backend architecture for report requirement.
- Designed front-end for BEx and BO reports.
- Transported BW objects from development to QA and Production.
- Hyper care after Go Live and production support.
- Provided project cost estimation based on the number objects to be enhanced or create.
- Manage and guided offshore team for project activity.
- Create APD with query as source and resolved the issue on performance.
- Written program to recognize the erroneous record from the flat file to load the valid data and send the erroneous records to end-user.
Environment: BI 7.0, BW 3.5, ECC 6.0, APO, ABAP/4, Query Designer, BEx Analyzer.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Led BW-development team to deliver complex change request through SDLC life cycle.
- Gathered Functional requirements, prepared Functional & Technical specifications and developed blue prints by interacting with functional experts, business analysts, management and end users.
- Extracted data from R/3, SRM & flat files.
- Done gap analysis, HLD, DD, development, Unit testing, Assembly testing, System test support, migration to Production environment and post go-live support.
- Worked extensively with the Logistics Cockpit customization for extraction of Sales, SRM and Inventory using LBWE transaction.
- Worked on ABAP field routine, start routine, end routine, user exit, and function module extractors.
- Created BEx queries on DSO, InfoCubes, InfoSet, Multiprovider and RRI using CKF, RKF, Conditions, and Exceptions.
- Involved in customizing the business content to suit the Company’s specification.
- Activated data sources in ECC and created generic data sources from views, function modules and info set query.
- Worked extensively in Master data, DSO’s, Cube, InfoSet, Multiprovider, transfer rules, update rules, transformations in BW 3.x/7.0
- Involved in data analysis via Open hub destination process from SAP BW.
- Designed process chains for scheduled loads and enabled batch processing for various administration activities in BW system.
- Implemented best practices of SAP to improve performance of loading and reporting.
- Created aggregates for cubes and created Secondary indices in ODSs and updated DB statistics cube. Analyzed BW statistics for optimization of data loads and report performance during production support.
- Experience in cutover activities, pre and post deployment activities.
- Resolved and delivered Visual composer based complex dashboard as per the requirement.
- Worked on Analysis Process Designer (APD).
- Effectively coordinated different team (Basis/QA/Ops/Portal/Dev.) for successful deployment.
- Experience on process chain automation and daily data load.
Environment: SAP BI 7.0, BW 3.5, ECC 6.0, SAP Visual Composer Dashboards & Web Application Designer, HPQC 10, BMC remedy 7.5, Req pro.
SAP BI/BW Consultant
- Involved in Analysis, design, development of info cubes and ODS objects.
- Developed generic extractor based on view, ODS, transfer rules, communication structure, update rules, info packages, info cube, multiprovider and flat file data source.
- Automated data load processes, maintained BW statistics, did roll up of BW aggregates using process chain.
- Analyzed and activate relevant business content and setup R/3, flat file and BW as source system. Reconciliation of data from various sources system.
- Uploaded master data and transactional data from files and SAP R/3 system.
- Using Business explorer (BEx) created custom queries based on the detailed query and business requirement.
- Used Filter, Conditions, Variables and posting of reports on the portal with drill down and execution capabilities.
- Involved in transporting BW objects from development to QA and production.
- Involved in development and debug of start routine, field routine and customer exit.
- Support production system on data load performance and issues.
Environment: BI 7.0, BW 3.5, ECC 6.0, ABAP/4, Query Designer, BEx Analyzer
- Design report layout.
- Testing and documentation.